Aveyond Studios Community
Queen-of-Ice101

CALLING THE COMMUNITY!!

There has been some pretty amazing changes to this forum since our great and wonderful leader has redone everything, but one that has come into effect today opens up a world of possibility for a group of eager fangirls that adore features from the original forums.

@Mu11berry, @Honey Butter Chloe and I are calling the community together as we embark on a quest to bring back the guilds!!! The new clubs feature that has been added to the forums allows you to create forum clubs that would operate much like the original guild forums did and we thought that it would be so much fun if we revived the guilds and special seasonal events as well some of the other guild related features that at one point were a big part of the Aveyond community.

We wanted to get the community involved in the idea to rebuilding the guilds and so we have a few questions for any of you who might be interested in seeing a return of the guilds!

If the guilds were to return, what kind of guilds would you like to see? This counts not only the original forum guilds but also the guilds from the Aveyond games that you'd love to see incorporated into the forums.

For the guilds you'd like to see, what are some special features you'd love to go with them? For example, according to people who were with the original guilds the dragon lords could have little dragons in their signature that they trained and stuff but only dragon lords were allowed that. The brotherhood had really funny weapons like sporks and such. What are some features you'd like to see?

Those are just some starting questions, definitely share any other ideas you guys might have so that we can all figure out ideas for the guilds and hopefully bring them back for our new forum!

Also, if you know anyone who doesn't frequent the village to see this but would be interested be sure to tag them in the comment so that they can jump in too, the more people in on this the better it'll be!!

Ooh, I second this idea! I think that having too many guilds would defeat the purpose since there are maybe 10 active members, so maybe three or so? But obviously that would be flexible. When/if signatures return, there could be a common element members of a guild put in their signature, and definitely on their profile page. As for guild suggestions, I think Druids, Enchantresses, Witches & Warlocks, Brotherhood, and Dragon Lords were the original Amaranthia guilds, but I'm not sure what the new guilds should be. Necromancers could be one, maybe, since it was a guild in AV1 and AV2?

I'm totally glad that someone had the idea to use the clubs as a proxy to guilds :lol:

As for our own choices, Queen would like to have an underworld-themed guild, maybe something like Necromancers or Witches and Warlocks, or perhaps Vampires.

I'm in favour of a mage guild where there can be healers, magicians, summoners and the like, while Berry is entertaining the idea of having various contests as activities in the guilds.

There will be contests, or I will eat you all :heart::heart:

I don't think we need things where we compete necessarily, since there's so few of us, but fanfic or poetry or art prompts to go with the season (like something Halloween-ish in October and something about flowers, etc for spring) would be sooo cool and it would be a neat way to get some more Aveyond-related stuff going on in this world. So contests is probably the wrong word. But it's too late for me to think of the right one. Maybe tomorrow I'll edit this, haha

Random thought: Would it be something that would work to have general guilds for people and then within that guild have different positions? It just suddenly dawned on me how interesting that could be if people were part of one large mage guild, and then maybe narrowed down into smaller categories. Or would that be too complicated and defeat the fun of the guilds?

It would be cool if we did like fairs or solaces {since I thought Aveyond had solace celebrations} for the events per season! Give the prompt, create a forum for the event which can be decorated with things for the season and fancy wording and stuff. All the guilds can come together for the events!

Argh I'm really excited for this! Creating new guilds will give another life to the forums! I like all the ideas! I would love to have a Dreamers Guild (or a Druids and Dreamers one? Queen suggested both of them and I like that!) 

It would also be awesome to have some ranking! Maybe each person in the guild has a title or certain ability? Maybe to fancy but it would be fun!

This looks fabulous! Add me to the people who say YES PLEASE. :heart:

I agree that we should probably start out with only a few guilds since we're such a small group right now. I LOVE the idea of seasons tied to the guilds! We could run with some of what we've already got here - an Underworld Guild for spooky things/darkness, handling Winter; a Druid's (or Dreamer's?) Guild for ethereal stuff/light, maybe handling Spring; a Mages Guild between the two, handling Summer or Autumn; and some other guild to round it out and take the leftover season. (Fighters maybe? They could be a counterpart to the Mages.)

Okay I love the idea of assigning each guild a season! Though at this point I'm not sure we have enough members for four guilds? Maybe we could leave out Autumn (for now), since it would be happening basically immediately and there might not be time to do stuff, plus I'm pretty sure we'll all contribute something Aveyond-ish for Halloween. So we could start with three guilds, and if next year there's more interest add another? Or would that be too confusing?

Ooh also, feel free to shoot this down, but what if the Underworld related guild was a vampires guild? Then it could still have mage aspects since vampires can have magic, but you would also be freed up to go other directions with it as well. Just thoughts, haha

I agree that we might not have enough people for four guilds, but idk about leaving out autumn. Spring and summer are incredibly similar with very little difference between, whereas Spring, Winter and Fall all have very distinct and separate themes as well as holidays:) My thought is that summer could be a free for all with no specific event and just random prompts and stuff. I would think that fall would be a more fun season to design an even theme to for a guild then summer would be. Feel free to dismiss my thoughts tho:)

I think that starting with three would probably work best tho, adding more is always possible later if enough people get involved!

YES!!!! Ooooh thats perfect and you're right that the vampires can have different kinds of magic or general fighting abilities which would still leave a lot of wiggle room for things like Necromancers as Moonpeace suggested or chaos mages which was a thought I had. I love the idea of a vampire guild!

What if we did something like: The Vampire guild like Mu11berry suggested {IDK what special perk they would have}, The Druids and Dreamers guild which Rodania suggested even if she does try to pawn responsibility for her thoughts off on others....XD {no idea on perk for them either}, and then something like a Warriors and Wildmages guild! That could encompass all the neutral magic kinds that wouldn't be dark magic or light magic while still leaving open for anyone who doesn't want magic, and we could make the perk that only those in the guild can have animals that they train and stuff the way the Dragon Lords had pet dragons from the old forums and no one else was allowed that.

Feel free to shoot any of these ideas down!! I just like sharing my thoughts of random XD XD XD

I think as for seasonal events, we could do Spring, Winter and Autumn for now. Since fall just started I guess we have enough time to set up everything, so the Autumn event could even take place in the last month or something. I don't think it's completely necessary for now but if we could have it a bit organised it could help!

Ooooooh I believe that these are the perfect guilds to start with. This way we are including almost everything without making over 3 guilds, and if we want to add another one later, we can see what we are missing. Like some people may be into something specific (like Dragon Lords was for example). I think {Druids & Dreamers} should go with Spring because as Danin said that guild it's not very dark, I'm guessing {Warriors & Wildmages} could get Autumn, and {Vampires or whatever the name is gonna be XD} will get obviously winter because dark, cold blah blah I don't even have to explain XD

Nooo I don't want to take responsibility! Don't trust me with these things! I don't know if I should be a leader etc at all XD Anyway what I wanted to suggest is that perks could be discussed between guild members after the guilds are officialy set up. I'm pretty sure the members can come up with amazing stuff since all of us here are really creative. Also it would be awesome for each guild to have its own story/background, like how they gathered to form the guild or what made them rebel and gather as a group XD I know this will make things too complicated but I think it would make each guild special (I believe I can come up with some good stuff lol but crazy) but anyway ignore me lol

These are thoughts that you can just ignore if you want XD I just brainstorm some random stuff

So a wildmage is traditionally a mage who has a deep connection to nature, especially animals. They can connect to animals of every single shape and kind, often developing a friendship/bond with them which leads to that having a trained animal companion perk. Haha sorry, i should have defined that before, I read waaaay to much fantasy:kawaii-nervous:

Thats an awesome ide Rodania!!! Each story having a mini history!!! I do think that a general discussion for perks now is good though, because it would be great to have perks to bribe members with for each guild like the original guilds had:) Feel free to ignore my thought on that tho ^__^

Aaaaaannyway! Now that we are generally agreed on the basic theme of the guilds and how many we want, time to move onto the next questions!

1. What guild names would appeal to you guys? Throw any and all ideas out there!!!

2. What guild do you want to be in? It's totally fine not to decide right away, but if you know right off the bat where you want to be that'll be good for getting things started!

3. Any guild perks you want to suggest??

4. Do you have a potential interest in being a leader of a guild? If so throw your name into the ring for which guild you would want to lead and we will work things out from there:) Though, if you want to be leader you need to be active in the community, if you're just a drifter that wouldn't work out so well since leaders have to be able to accept new members and organize seasonal events.

Now for my random answers to those. The guild names I like {and have stolen from others because the ideas work} that I want to throw into the ring to start this ideas throwing off aaaarreeeeeee:

The Vampire Guild, Druids and Dreamers, Warriors and Wildmages

I want to be in the dark guild haha

Perks that I think might be cool are: Having animal companions {like dragons and stuff the way the original guilds had for Dragon Lords} for Warriors and Wildmages, I haven't got a clue for the other two yet LOL.

And i would like to throw my hat into the ring to potentially be leader of the dark guild if you guys are okay with that :kawaii-music: {No pressure at all tho, I'm just having fun with this:lol:

Hmm, let's see...

1. For the dark guild, I'd like to suggest maybe the Underfall Guild? I feel like Vampire Guild is too specific, doesn't allow for witches/necromancers, etc., but dark creatures of all kinds congregated in Underfall, including vampires. Druids and Dreamers sounds good for the light guild. What about the War and Magick Guild for the in-between guild (like the school in AP and AV3)? I like Warriors and Wildmages, too.

2. I'd probably join the dark guild. Bring on the spooooky!

3. Ooooh ooh! What if being in a guild meant you could put spells in your signature (or special moves, for fighters)? Like, you could have a guild tag image, and then "My Spells:" and then a list of appropriately themed spells with a cool icon to go with them?

4. Alas, I don't have enough time to dedicate to running a guild properly. ;-; But I would definitely be interested in helping out when I can (brainstorming for events, making guild- or event-themed images, etc). Maybe I could be a deputy or something? XD I would love to apply my skills to this. And I'd be happy to make stuff for other guilds, too. I just wanna make things!

Speaking of that, I got excited and made a guild tag mockup for signatures/profiles...

TpnBC60.png

What do you guys think? Colors and names can be changed accordingly. I was trying to go for a sort of retro-rpg feel. Comments? Suggestions? Am I on the right path here? XD

@Danin  That could be a cool name!!! Underfoot Guild, I like that ^___^  Oooh War and Magick is a good name too!!

Haha yaaaaay, one for the dark side~

Thats a super cool idea!!! That would work for all the guilds, that would be super neat as well!!! So thats just a general guild perk that everyone in guilds could do~

You could totally do all that stuff!!!! I should have mentioned this before but everyone in the guild will be coming up with ideas and event planning and making stuff. The only different thing about being leader is the leader is the one to make the guild club topic and accept members as well as kind of help oversee stuff. Once the club is made members can make their own topics inside ^___^ That would be super cool to have you making stuff though, I like your work a lot!!!

Oooooh I really love that tag idea!!!  I personally really love that, I live the pixel art feel and it totally has the rpg feel. I think thats definitely the right track~

EDIT: I had a sudden idea for the Underworld guild that I thought might be ambiguous enough that it would suit everyone in the guild yet dramatic enough to catch eyes!!!

The Shadowmasters   ORRRRRR   Shadow Masters and Mistresses

XD XD Feel free to ignore, sometimes i have random ideas

Edited by Queen-of-Ice101
Because I have ideas at random times XD

@Danin I like the idea of an Underfall guild, and the name War & Magick since it goes with the school in Thais. I also love the banner since I like retro pixel art :kawaii-over-there:

@Queen-of-Ice101 I'd like to be a guild leader if no one else wants to do it since I'm here all the time and running that one event was fun :P But since I didn't come up with the name/idea for the guilds, if someone else that did wants to I think it should definitely go to them first, and I'd be happy to contribute as a member.

1. Maybe the druid/dreamers guild could be called something to do with Guardians? That way if people were more into AV2 they could be nymphs if they wanted. I like Shadow Masters and Mistresses for the dark guild. 

2. ... .... ... I have no idea what guild I'd want to be in XD XD This is the second time I am facing this problem. I haven't gotten any better at solving it. 

3. I thought the idea of having animals/dragons to train sounded cute, but, uh... I don't know where that would fit in "Shadow Masters," "War and Magick," and "Druids and Dreamers."  Maybe druids, cuz nature? Or Shadow Masters, because familiars?

4. I am not much for organizing events XD But I will participate in them! And I'm good for bouncing ideas off of. So maybe that counts for something. 

@Danin The guild tag is SO ADORABLE!!!