Aveyond Studios Community
moonpeace

Aveyond Winter Exchange (again)

Those of you who were around last year may remember this:

By popular demand, I've decided to do it again this year. For those of you who don't know: it's gift exchange, kind of like a secret Santa. Everyone posts their favorite characters and pairings, I randomly assign a "giftee" to everyone, and you have about a month to craft a gift for that person. The gift can be art, fic, edits, music mixes, even something with RPG Maker - as long as it can be transmitted over the Internet. Make sense? I'll open sign-ups now, and sometime at the end of the month I'll give out assignments so there's plenty of time to make the gifts. This time of year tends to be crazy with school, work, and family stuff, so I don't want this to be a burden on anyone - it's supposed to be fun, after all! That's why I'm trying to get started so early.

If you're interested, make a post here with your favorite characters and ships (OTPs, BrOTPs, OT3s, etc), plus anything else you think would be useful information, so your gifter will know what to make you. Try to give at least a couple of options. If you haven't played any of the games, make sure to mention it so I know what not to give you. I'm really excited to run this again, and I hope lots of people participate :kawaii-lol:

I'm not a fan of Tumblr, but I have a blog just for the winter exchange to connect with the fandom there and archive all the gifts. If you blog Aveyond, look out for the post here: http://aveyondwinterexchange.tumblr.com/ and reblog it so other fans can see!

It'll probably also be cross-posted to @Queen-of-Ice101's DeviantArt group, so take a look for that here: https://aveyond-kingdom.deviantart.com/

I AM SO EXCITED FOR THISSSSSSS!!!!!!

*ahem ahem* Please forgive my parseltongue. 

My favorite thing in this universe is RhenxDameon :heart: I also love Te'ijal and Galahad AV3-AV4 era. And one of my favorite BrOTPs is Devin, Jack, and Frederick and really just all the AP characters are great.

Please put some fluff or hope in there, whatever it is, dear gifter. I need happiness in this dark winter of my life okay thanks :heart::heart:

@Mu11berry Yay, happy to see you here Berry! You requested R/D and AP characters, who would've guessed :ph34r:

I guess I'll put my post here so whoever has the misfortune to write/draw for me can see:
My favorite pairings are Ean/Iya, Boyle/Ingrid, anything in the Ava/Nicolas/Gavin triad, and honestly any other pairing I've written fic for hahaha there's too many. My favorite characters are mostly what I said before (I'm AV2 trash), except throw in Yemite. I ALSO LOVE MEL AND YEMITE AND YEMITE AND GYENDAL. (I like a lot of things as you can tell)

Yayyyy I'm really excited too! :heart:

My OTP is Te'ijal/Galahad :kawaii-silly:but I also love Rhen/Dameon, Mel/Gyendal! I aldo adore the Te'ijal/Gyendal sibling relationship!!! 

I have played: Av1, Av3 and Av4

I'm a fluff lover forever but I also love dark fics so feel free to do whatever, I'll love it anyway XD

Yaaay I'm so excited to do this again this year!!!

Okay so my OTP is predictably MelxGyendal, which I adore so much. My brOTP would have to be Mel, Stella and Edward since their friendship is awesome and I also really love sibling fluff for Te'ijal and Gyendal or Uma and Nox :D Favourite characters would be Yemite, Gyendal and Mel^^  

I haven't played AV4 yet sadly, I hope to soon but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to write for anything AV4. Other then that thought I'm good to do a thing for any of the other pairing/game/character options:D 

Did you say GIFT EXCHANGE!?!?

Count me in! My favourite OTP in this universe has got to be, without question, Edward x Mel. I also really enjoy anything with my OC twins for our ridiculous King and Queen, Eliza and Markus. I also really like the idea of an Uma x Nox x Yemite brOTP. I also do enjoy anything friendship-wise that isn't Rhen x Lars and Edward x Mel, so my Secret Santa or whoever can probably just let him/herself go with this xD

Also, did you say something with RPG Maker? *boots up XP* Thank our leader for these glorious resources! 

How lovely, I'm in.

I like the rivalry between Lydia and Mel. Anything will suffice. My favorite Aveyond game is Aveyond 2, so anything from that would also be great (i like almost every character in that except Ava (sorry @blue-water52))

As for what i can make myself, i can draw and write stuff.

Haven't done this in a couple years, but since I find myself with far too much time on my hands now, I'm in.

Mel/Stella/Lydia is my OT3. I like them best when they're all together, but I also like any combination (Mel/Stella, Stella/Lydia, & especially Mel/Lydia). Ava One-Eye is my favorite character, and Pirate John is a close second (sensing a trend?); Rhen is also very important to me because, as I'm slowly realizing, I modeled myself after her as a teenager. If you're inspired to make fanworks based on my Aveyond 1 fanfic, "Rhenegade" (on Ao3!), I would be delighted with that, as well.

Basically, if you draw my name, you've got a lot of options. :P

So, you know how gift exchanges usually have a price maximum to keep people from overdoing it? Do we have a word-count maximum for fic in this exchange? I get a little, uh, exuberant when I write.

ETA Ava IS my favorite character, but I really dislike Ava/Gavin, and I prefer an Ava who's exclusively into women, if that comes up!

@Ishti Welcome aboard! Lots of Ava lovers and Mel/Lydia shippers in this thread, I'm so here for it :D I'm not imposing any maximum or minimum word count (the limit does not exist!) because I don't want to stifle anyone's writing, but a typical oneshot length is probably 1k-2k words if you want a ballpark - although last year most of the writing exceeded that by several thousand words.

Thanks, @moonpeace! I had another thought regarding the exchange, and I'm not 100% sure it will work, but it would come in handy just in case. Might there be a way for us to ask one another questions about preferences without revealing who's got who? Anonymous questions on Tumblr worked okay in the past, but obviously we're not all on Tumblr this year.

At the in-person gift exchange I'm doing this year, each participant has a "contact person" who knows enough about them to answer any questions the gift-giver has. (My contact person had me fill out a whole questionnaire to give to my gift-giver, lol!) Even if we don't know one another very well, maybe each person can be assigned one "contact person" who can simply anonymously forward the gift-giver's questions to them. For instance, say I draw PiPeter, and Honey Butter Chloe was assigned to be their "contact person". If I have a question about PiPeter's favorite part in AV2, I would ask Honey Butter Chloe to send a message to PiPeter without my name attached, thus anonymously forwarding my question!

Unless, of course, the site already has an "anonymous" feature that I didn't know about.

I know this might sound like a lot for a simple winter gift exchange! I wanted to share my thoughts, and of course if someone has a more streamlined idea I think we should give it consideration.

@Ishti Sure, that sounds like a great idea! Since I will know who has who, you could ask me about their preferences. I know Chloe, Queen, Berry, and Rodania's preferences quite well, so I might be able to answer off the top of my head, and if I needed to I could ask them or any of the other participants who I'm not acquainted with as personally, and relay that info to their gifter. And whoever gets me can just ask me personally. Thanks for the input, I'll have to use that if I ever run an in person exchange again. 

I would love to participate! (Actually, I made an account on this site largely to do so, lol.)

My favorite characters are Te'ijal, Galahad, Mel, Stella and Myst. I'm a huge fan of Te'ijal/Galahad (mostly with a frenemy dynamic) & Mel/Stella/Lydia (or any combination of those three; romantically and/or platonically)! I would be equally happy to receive something ship or character based. I'm also invested in a lot of friendships but that list could go on forever, highlight being I'm really fond of Te'ijal, Galahad, and Mel as a sort of found family. I'll also go ahead and highlight Boyle & Myst so I have something more grounded including her.

I've played all the games but despite Myst being in my top faves, I have not finished Aveyond 4, so if the person who gets me decides to go that route, I would love it if you could avoid spoilers! (Anything before the Demon Island?)

@moonpeace Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm excited to be here. ha, yeah, that would be me! Guess I can own up and say I was the one who started the tumblr exchange in like, 2014 or something? I'm honored my art's immediately recognizable!