Aveyond Studios Community
moonpeace

Game I already purchased says I need to activate

I bought all the Aveyond games from Bigfish, except for TDP, which I bought here. I copied the files from my old computer to my new PC, and when I run the exe file of the game, I get a message that says I need to pay 10 USD for the full version or enter a key. I've played many hours on my older computer without this problem. Does anyone know how I can remedy this without paying for the product again or using a key? (I may have transferred the files wrong, but it seemed to work for the rest of the Aveyond games.) My dad bought it for me so long ago, but I don't want to bother him again for a product key from 7 years ago. 

A lot of games you buy are designed so if you transfer them to another computer you will need to re-activate them on that new computer. This is to prevent theft and other from giving out the game for free, which impacts negatively on the creator (since that's their income).

You will need the product keys to re-activate your games. 

If you bought the games from Big Fish Games, then it should be in your purchase history on the site so long as you or your Dad had an account with Big Fish at the time of purchase. Otherwise you will have to comb through emails for the order receipt/s for the keys. 

The only other way that may be of some help is contacting Amanda herself about your issue, but then she may want proof of purchase still. 

The Big Fish Games don't seem to be giving me any problems, although who knows, it may start giving me trouble once I play for an hour. Only the one I got from here doing that. Maybe I'll ask him to look for the product key, otherwise I don't know how I could prove I own the product, other than showing the screenshots of my save files from my old PC. Thanks for your reply @Mickychi