Aveyond Studios Community

I couldn't find a sample game for HeroKit, so just a suggestion, I think there should always be one (which should be very simplistic) with an open source repo, demonstrating how easy it is to make a game with HeroKit. This, plus the sample should be available for playing on various platforms. I say this because if I were to use a game engine (or any dev tool for that matter), I would first look at the sample code available to see if it suits my style and if it really works, and not just the features it advertises. Since it is impossible to provide the source here, it can be done as the product of a set of tutorials as @ChiaPet suggested.

Do you mean an open source repo of the Unity project that would build the sample game? That's the only way you would be able to read the code. That also means HeroKit would essentially be open source, which I'm assuming is not the licensing path that Ant wants to go down. 

I think a better alternative would be a connected set of tutorials that ultimately produce a sample game, the result of which could be available as a download of the build, so you can actually play the game produced via HeroKit. 

I didn't mean the entire project. Just the critical parts would be good enough (the project need not be build-able). Anyway, I somewhat overlooked the fact that a lot of HeroKit is GUI based rather than scripting and so you won't have much code to show anyway, so your suggestion seems much better!

@Ant have you considered a wiki for HeroKit? I feel like that might be a better way to organize information about the asset as it develops. All of the forum threads you've made for your various components are full of great information, but it's hard to find specific pieces of info or to look at it by logical groupings when it's on these boards. 

Your community could help maintain and contribute to the wiki as well. :)