Aveyond Studios Community
Tork

Invector 3rd person controller integration

HeroKit looks promising, so considering a purchase, but not sure if it would work with Invector 3rd person controller.

Wondering if there is an integration, or what the HeroKit dev's thoughts are on this. Having invested a bit of money in 

this controller, wanting to stick with it if possible. But also like the simplicity of game creation that HeroKit seems to

offer.

@Gmax @Tork

I looked over Invector 3rd Person Controller. It's a well-structured asset with a specific focus. It also appears to be a fully functional shooter + inventory system. Is there a specific functionality that you wish this asset had that it does not?

You can attach hero objects to any game object with Invector's system and the hero objects will do their job, but I wouldn't use them to control movement of the player or enemies.

Awesome Ant! 

"You can attach hero objects to any game object with Invector's system and the hero objects will do their job, but I wouldn't use them to control movement of the player or enemies."

That is perfect, thats all I needed to know! I will give you shout if I get stuck! Thx again for helping out!! Awesome support!

Thanks for looking into that. Sounds good. I was watching the youtube tutorials and could see that there are

a lot of sample scenes available, e.g. the Inventory. I'm wondering is there a complete RPG example that just

has all the mechanics put together? I am a 101% non coder, can't code, won't code, don't want to code,  not going to code, too old to code, allergic to code.

My ancestors all died from coding... and so the integer swap video made me nervous.. as it required

coding to some degree. It would be awesome if there was a scene / example that had a Start Menu,  a player

with a weapon, AND a  magic effect, and some NPC's that can fight. With simple inventory with weapon and magic example hooked up, simple quest example

hooked up, simple dialog hooked up, scene switcher, save game, end game. No fancy graphics, just the logic in place, 

the basics for reference. Does such an example exist?   Sold!!! if it does.  A non coder, will likely have a hard time putting all the systems

together. I know I will. Because how to link them up requires coding logic. The reason I mention is that you go as basic as showing how to install Unity, so you really must have non-coders in mind for this asset. So just wondering if there are not just examples of inventory, quest, etc. but how they are all working together in a mini-rpg example. 

The RPG add-on for HeroKit is in development with no real ETA for when it will be complete. There are other threads in this forum you can watch to see how progress is coming along. 

It's possible to build an RPG with HeroKit, but given the level of complexity an RPG typically has, it would still be a daunting task for a non-programmer. I'd suggest waiting until Ant is finished with his add-on before tackling it, although there's a lot of planning work around your game you can do ahead of time (e.g., build out lists of attributes, classes, abilities, etc.).

9 hours ago, Tork said:

My ancestors all died from coding... and so the integer swap video made me nervous.. as it required

Hahaha! This is darn funny, man. Seriously. :1f525:

If you want to make a game like Zelda, HeroKit by itself should be okay. But, if you want to make something like Final Fantasy or Diablo, you will want to wait for HeroKit RPG. 

As @ChiaPet mentioned, I don't have a narrow ETA on when it will be complete, but I suspect it will be finished this summer. The databases are 90% complete and the next step is to take the data I enter and do something with it. 

Is HeroKit RPG going to be a separate asset? an upgrade? or free to those have already purchased HeroKit? That would make the difference

in terms of wait or not wait for me. But for the main question, so as HeroKit is now, is there one large scene / game example (in zelda style?) that has

many things put together?  

An upgrade, but I'm going to give everyone who owns HeroKit before I release it a free copy. I don't plan on raising prices, so when it come out, you'll get a fair deal.

I don't have a large Zelda-style scene, but I do have about 30 small scenes that show you how to do small tasks.

When HeroKit RPG ships, it will come with a sample game. 

I wouldn't stress about getting HeroKit right now if you're not quite ready. I'm going to add some cool new features in the coming months. It might be worth subscribing to the Developer Log thread and adding your thoughts as the RPG add-on gets closer to completion.