Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yfandes

Just an outline, not a walkthrough, please

I'd just like some general guidelines for progressing through the game.   Basically at approximately which level to tackle which areas.  Right now I just go into places, get whacked, try someplace else, get whacked again.  *Sigh*  I have been playing RPG's for years and years (FF I in the 90's), but somehow I find myself wandering aimlessly trying to level up and trying areas again and again to no avail.  I don't really want answers to the quests--that's the fun of playing.  Just wondering if I've lost my touch over the last 10 years of parental care instead of gaming or if I just haven't been grinding enough yet to go into the next area.  Thanks for any help you can provide.

What was the last memorable thing in game did you do? I don't know of any guide but I know some playthrough videos that I can check what level the player was and relatively how easy/hard the area was at that level if you tell me where you're at in the story. Also what level are you currently? 

Another thing to do if you've grown sick of grinding or getting whacked around is there are available goodies for Av1 you can download (I think from memory it's not anything but downloading an image where to find the goodie in the game for most of them) There is:

Cash Cow - Each time you pet a specific cow gain 10,000 gold - if you need better weapons and armour this could be handy for fighting in general and make grinding easy and quicker

High level - Each member of party gains +30 levels

Portal stones - activates a travel system where you can purchase travel stones from locations for instant travel

Increase speed - get speed crystal and increase walking speed 

God Mode - +30 levels +100,000 gold, best weapons, best armour, speed crystal 

Let me know where you are in the story and I can quickly take a look and suggest a level range. 

Like Mickychi said, the goodies can help a lot. There is also the Suggested Levels (+ Tips) page if you just want to see the usual levels for beating the monsters. The spoilers are written in white so you won't see them unless you highlight the text, and there aren't any quest related spoilers that I remember. The suggested levels are a little low if you want to easily beat the monsters; I would add maybe 5-10 levels for that,  depending on the area, but you should be able to usually not die at the levels listed. 

Thank you so much, Mu11berry.  This is exactly what I wanted, just sort of a guideline on whether I should be able to beat the enemies in different areas of the game or not.  I'm definitely not anywhere near up to some of the meanies I've banged my head against the wall trying to fight, so I feel much better now.  

Thanks for the advice about the "goodies", Mickychi, but I think I'll reserve them for future playthroughs.  I like to discover games for myself as much as possible.  This is definitely a game where you can wander right into big monsters 20 levels above you if you don't know where to go next, because it's not anywhere near linear (which is a good thing if your goals are fairly clearly defined, but can be confusing with so many quests in your journal).

I have played through about half the game before, back in 2008 or so before my parents had to move in with me, but I remember very little of the gameplay from so long ago.