Aveyond Studios Community
mal07095

I want to change the settings of the dialogue canvas.

Question

The only available features are the background of the dialogue box, the alpha value, and the font color when running dialogue.

However, I would like to change the design of the dialogue box with regard to the title location, font and etc.

I wonder if there is a prefab in canvas, otherwise there is a way.

Thank you for helping me.

1 answer to this question

You can do this absolutely.

1. Open the Project tab, Hierarchy tab, and Inspector tab.
  2. Open your Project tab and navigate to HeroKit > Hero Engine > Assets > Resources > Hero Templates > Menus
  3. In the Menus folder, you want to modify a prefab called HeroKit Dialog Box A.
  4. Drag this prefab into the Hierarchy Tab and select it.
  5. In the Inspector tab, mark the checkbox on the top right to make the dialog box visible in the scene.
  6. Make your changes in the scene.
  7. When you are done, return to the Inspector tab and unmark the checkbox on the top right and select the Apply button. 

I'm going to make this even easier very soon (by May 1). Here are the plans:

• In the HeroKit Settings menu, the default menu prefabs will be attached to form fields. You can replace the default prefabs with your own and the game will use these. 
  • I'm also going to introduce actions that let you swap between different menus on the fly during gameplay.

If you get stuck, let me know. Also make a backup when you have created your menu. When you update HeroKit, it might blast the changes you made.