Aveyond Studios Community
Ishti

Aveyond Astrology

Heeeey, is anyone else here fond of astrology?? I've recently dedicated a laaaaarge number of hours to building birth charts for the entire Aveyond cast (1-3, including several NPCs) and I'm dying to talk to someone about them, haha. I can explain astrological concepts if anyone wants; I'm pretty adept now, and I love explaining things!

(In case anyone is curious, I'm a Leo sun, Gemini moon, Aquarius rising!)

Astrology is based on a wheel of all the signs (Aries, Taurus, etc), and the Earth is at the center of that wheel! To us, the sun appears to revolve through all of the signs around the wheel at a rate of around one month per sign - which is why it takes a year to get back to your sign. You were born when the sun was aligned with Leo in the wheel.

All of the other planets and heavenly bodies work the same way. The moon revolves through the signs at a rate of about two and a half days per sign, completing the cycle in roughly a month. I was born when the moon was aligned with Gemini!

The sun generally represents the conscious self. Often, this means the sun is what we try to be or what we're proud of, although that differs from person to person. These are the actions and words we think about. The moon, on the other hand, represents the unconscious self, the actions and words that just seem to happen without thought. The moon also represents our emotions, where they come from, and how we experience them. My sun is in Leo, so I foster the exuberance of my personality and I try to be a positive center of attention, while my moon is in Gemini, meaning that my emotions are fleeting or intellectualized and I have trouble stopping myself from talking too much.

The Ascendant (rising sign) is a little trickier to explain - but in short form, your Ascendant is the sign that was rising on the horizon at the moment of your birth! The Ascendant represents your outwardmost traits. These are the traits that someone is likely to notice when they first meet you. They're often things close to your ego. My Ascendant is Aquarius, so I project an argumentative air and my personal style is eclectic.

When you combine and relate all of the planets and signs in your chart, you get a lot of super nuanced possibilities. It's exciting! YMMV regarding how traits manifest. I don't necessarily believe in stuff, but I'm fascinated by the concept of modular humanity, so astrology is one of my favorite things to talk about!

August 2nd! We have the same sun/moon; that's wild! Did you use a site to get that info?

Anyway, your outward appearance and manner of speech may suggest that you're caring or nurturing, and people probably flock to you for that, although you can close off your own emotional core and decline to show it. Otherwise, your sun and moon generally indicate that you too seek recognition and attention through your sometimes scattered chattiness!

That I did. People don't flock to me though. When someone (particularly a girl) knows that I care, she practically ran away. She won't talk to me. But she talks to the guy who broke up with her because another girl was showing significantly more skin.

Since the Aveyond stories are from different worlds than ours, they must have a different stellar system, a different calendar too... So I don't see much of a point in trying to figure them out. Also the information we get about their personalities in the games isn't very deep, seems to me.
Anyway the position of planets doesn't have any influence on one's personality or fate.

Oookay, well, I'm having a pretty good time with astrology, there's no harm in headcanoning stuff that will never be canonically confirmed or denied (or in having fun with that stuff regardless of headcanons), headcanons in general are also useful in filling in the gaps re: what we don't know about characters' personalities, and I don't think we're meant to go anywhere near religious debates on this forum.

I made graphics with my sun and moon headcanons for Aveyond 1 and 2! (Yep, the formatting changed between them... oops.) I've headcanoned Rhen as a Libra FOREVER because she's so reluctant to take on the responsibility of becoming queen. For her, saving the world is easier than making hard decisions! Iya's sun and moon signal an inclination to run away under pressure, which is why she's another strong favorite of mine. And double Aries Emma? She is so ready to fight!

fna6o2.png

I'd love to talk about these or hear your own!