Aveyond Studios Community
Guille

Make Projectiles and hit player 2D RPG

Question

I just installed it !, I already made it move in 4 directions and the camera follows it as I wanted, now I would like it to be able to shoot. I did similar to YouTube video for FPS but it does not work. Any idea where to go? I feel a little lost but soon I will understand.

image.thumb.png.d8fdc6bf6f741f657ea846bde0d62321.png

10 answers to this question

@Guille, I have looked into this issue. I thought I had a 2D action set up for this, but I don't. This is what is going to happen: I'm going to put my focus on getting this action to you as quickly as possible. Guesstimate completion time: two days. I'll upload the action here + a few related actions that also need to be added. This is what to expect:

• Get Hero Object by Ray 2D
  • Filter Hero Objects by Collision 2D
  • Filter Hero Objects by Trigger Area 2D

Also, the original actions will be renamed in the next version of HeroKit:

• Get Hero Object by Ray 3D
  • Filter Hero Objects by Collision 3D
  • Filter Hero Objects by Trigger Area 3D

Good detective work!

I'll wait, do not worry, as I move forward with the animations of the game. In another post I commented on a problem when adding an item to the inventory, there is a big dropframe. Thanks!

How long does it take to update the Assetstore store? If I sent you the purchase receipt, would you send me the new version by mail to go testing? Thank you!

6 minutes ago, Ant said:

It should be up now. Can you check? It usually takes 2-4 business days for Unity to turn asset updates live.

Yes I have the update! Thanks! I have some issue with ray2D I made a thread in the bug section

He don't hit the hero object and don't save it. Also, always when I press space I have this error, and.. is normal the old ray keep on when I press space in other place? Thanks

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
HeroKit.Scene.ActionField.HeroObjectFieldValue.SetValueB (HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject heroKitObject, Int32 actionFieldID, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 newValue) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/3. Hero Actions/Scene/Fields/HeroObjectFieldValue.cs:496)
HeroKit.Scene.Actions.HeroActionCommonRuntime.AssignObjectsToList (HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject heroKitObject, Int32 actionFieldID, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 items, Int32 actionType) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/4. Hero Common/Data/HeroActionCommonRuntime.cs:111)
HeroKit.Scene.Actions.GetHeroObjectByRay2D.Execute (HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject hko) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/Core/Scene Objects/Get Hero Objects/Get Hero Objects By Ray 2D/GetHeroObjectByRay2D.cs:88)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.ExecuteAction (Int32 eventID, Int32 actionID) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:849)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.PlayActions (Int32 eventID) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:813)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.PlayEvent (Int32 eventID, UnityEngine.GameObject messenger, Boolean useConditions, Int32 eventType, Int32 messageID) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:762)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.PlayEvents (Int32 eventType, Boolean useConditions, Int32 messageID, UnityEngine.GameObject messenger) (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:724)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.Actions_Run_When_Key_Pressed () (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:533)
HeroKit.Scene.HeroKitObject.Update () (at Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Framework/1. Hero Objects/Scene/HeroKitObject.cs:147)

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-15 a la(s) 01.03.39.png

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-15 a la(s) 01.04.39.png

Take a close look at the section called “Save the hero objects here.” It looks like you are trying to save the hero object you’ve hit into a variable that doesn’t exist. 

Tweak this and everything should run fine.

I’ll add some clearer error handling for this.

6 minutes ago, Ant said:

Take a close look at the section called “Save the hero objects here.” It looks like you are trying to save the hero object you’ve hit into a variable that doesn’t exist. 

Tweak this and everything should run fine.

I’ll add some clearer error handling for this.

It work! my bad is to late today! thanks