Aveyond Studios Community

I'm really picky with classic rpg games and it seems like this genre is dying out. Obviously, Aveyond is my favorite game hands down. I've been lucky enough to discover Stargazer, Dawn's Light (although I hated the third one), Edolie, The Witch and the Warrior, Leah's Tale & Ella's Hope. Amongst others like Wind Child & Midnight's Blessing... well, what else? I play these games over and over. I'm disappointed that Aveyond has focused more on rpg making than actually selling games. I do understand that there's not a big market for it but I don't want this to die out. Share away if there's any great games like these!

So I suppose you have played all of the Aveyond series and Ahriman' Prohpecy?
For me these are my favorites. Admittedly I haven't played many games in my life.

I also really like: Everlong, a free classic RPG for computers, it's really long (I think at least 100 hours) and the world is huge, though not entirely original (it uses a lot of elements from Final Fantasy), but still enjoyable to me.

And another one that I like to come back to and replay at times is Sailor Moon - the Moon Child, inspired by the anime a lot with some original elements.

Another one is called Dark Eternal, which can be found on a site called Zenosoft. I like the graphics and battles style, the story is interesting, and there's good music, overall it was a great experience for me! However, after I tried playing the sequel game, I didn't get far, first because of some glitches/technical issues, and later because there was a boss battle where it was impossible to win and I didn't manage to find any help on the net. (I made a topic about them here. )

I recall there used to be a long discussion on the DE games on the old Amaranthia forums and there were a few people playing and discussing it, but here noone is interested any more :( Still although there's the trouble with the DE2 game, I would recommend DE1.

I've played some more shorter, free RPGs, but they weren't so memorable for me.

And recently I have played a remake of Final Fantasy IV on a tablet and was pleasantly surprised that also on a mobile device it can be an enjoyable experience; I am interested to maybe play some more of the series that are there in the mobile version, eventually.

I definitely recommend the five-part Millennium series by Aldorlea Games. You can get it on Steam. Also the three-part Lilly and Sasha series (also on Steam) - it's by John Wizard, the maker of Dawn's Light.

In fact, if you search "RPGMaker" on Steam, you'll find quite a few of those old-timey RPGs - the genre isn't dead yet.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:16 PM, Argoyle said:

I second Luz's recommendation of Everlong - http://www.nealien.com/Everlong/

Not sure if you can find them anymore, but a few others I really enjoyed:

Ara Fell

A Blurred Line

Three the Hard Way

I looked for them and can't find them. 😕 

I feel the same as Sporadicbelle. I love the old RPGs, especially those done with RPGMaker. and like EsmeAmelia said, I too always search on Steam for "RPGMaker". A game I bought at Aldorlea recently is called "Shadows and Lies", and is done by Aldorlea and Gemelle Games. I love the games that Gemelle is involved in. Another one I love by Gemelle is "The Tale of a Common Man".

You might also want to search for "Brewsterland Studios" on Steam. Their games are inexpensive and fun old-school RPGs. I especially like "Shadow of the Black Dragon". And since there is now a huge Summer Sale on at Steam, it's definitely worth checking out their games.

The older style RPG are the best. I was introduced to them when I first played Lord of Twilight and been hooked ever since. I love the Aveyond series, Blood Ties, The Grimoire Chronicles, The Ashes of Immortality series (wish the creator had come out with more) and Midnight's Blessing 1 and 2.

I liked the demo for The Witch and The Warrior but when I went to purchase the full version, the creator's site is down and I wasn't able to purchase it from Aldorlea Games any more. Any place else where I can buy it? 

@crystalsilverwood The Witch and the Warrior is on Big Fish Games: https://www.bigfishgames.com/games/6223/the-witch-and-the-warrior/?pc

You can also purchase the guide there if you need it. Pretty sure there are John Wizard games, Aveyond and other RPG's there. 

Older style RPG's especially Aveyond ❤️ are really relaxing and exciting games for me to play, but I'm pretty sure all the ones I remember of the top of my head have already been said in comments above.