Aveyond Studios Community
Brandon De VITO

Unity 2018.2.6f1 HeroKit not Loading with Errors

Question

Hey there, First let me say that this is one of the coolest, most amazing creations I've seen for the novice unity Dev. That said, I'm experiencing the following challenges after loading it into my engine. (Unity 2018.2.6f1)

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(99,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `targetObject' and no extension method `targetObject' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(101,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultPos' and no extension method `defaultPos' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(102,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultAngles' and no extension method `defaultAngles' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(103,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `firstPerson' and no extension method `firstPerson' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/First Person Camera On/FirstPersonCameraOn.cs(104,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `Initialize' and no extension method `Initialize' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(99,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `targetObject' and no extension method `targetObject' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(101,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultPos' and no extension method `defaultPos' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(102,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `defaultAngles' and no extension method `defaultAngles' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(103,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `firstPerson' and no extension method `firstPerson' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

• Assets/HeroKit/Hero Engine/Actions/3D/Camera/Third Person Camera On/ThirdPersonCameraOn.cs(104,34): error CS1061: Type `CameraController' does not contain a definition for `Initialize' and no extension method `Initialize' of type `CameraController' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

When I attempt to create Objects or Actions, it appears that the Package hasn't registered in the Assets. There are not GUI options for creations. Which is heartbreaking, because I just spent about 700$ to create a game around this specific tool. If you have the time, I'd love to know what it is I did wrong after Importing it into my Project.

Thank you! 

-Brandon

3 answers to this question

Brandon, re-install HeroKit in a new project without any other third-party assets and let me know if you get the same errors. 

I looks like something is overriding the default CameraController class.

If you would like, you can also PM me a dropbox link to your project so I can take a closer look.

A simple fix IF you have access to the source code for this other asset is to move the offending CameraController class into its own namespace so that it is not overwriting the original one that comes with Unity. Out of curiosity, what asset caused this issue? It might be worth flagging this issue with the author.

Thank you for getting back to me in the same day. It was literally your creation that got me to finally make the jump from Smile Game Builder and RPG Maker MV to be with the big boys. It was indeed a conflict with one of my other engine plugins. This is... a challenge. But as your engine is the CORE of my development, I see no reason to not put it first and work around the other pieces as I progress. Chances are, it's the Camera Control plug which I added to seamlessly migrate between the Bow View, and the 'Moving Objects' view, and the 3rd Person over the shoulder camera.

I'm undertaking a Zelda Style RPG, and was hoping to make use of the single calls. I'll know when I start pulling plugins from the core file. I have 15gb of assets at the moment and it's re-indexing the whole thing because I mis-clicked. I'll let you know what was stealing the Plugin's thunder once it's done.