Aveyond Studios Community
AveyondFan28

UMS Name Box Issue with Square at Line Break

Please forgive me if I appear to be an idiot, but I've looked all over the internet and all potential fixes are for VX and MV and not XP.

I don't know if it's the script I'm using (Universal Message System by ccoa, v1.8.0), the font (Verdana), or something else but I've been having an issue with making the name in the name box of UMS longer than the first line of the "call script" command.

I'm terrible at explaining things without examples so I will use examples.

This is what I have as a test:

Screenshot2.png.13f2c7065737c761e3ea6f811e7e8232.png

The first call is for the name. The second is for the actual text box (i.e what an individual might say or narration).

This is how it looks when I go into the game and press enter on the event:

Screenshot.png.e57780013a38c729e466845a645fc186.png

The square is where the line break is, and it only appears in the name window, not the text window. I don't know why it's happening. If it were the system not recognizing the line break as whatever it recognizes it as (a character or glyph? I'm not sure), then I would think that the same issue would be occurring in the text box, but it doesn't. I've tried to change the text to Arial, and the same issue occurs.

All in all, I'm confused as to why this is happening, and would like to know how I can make it stop.