Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Musical_Rainbowly

Have you ever tried the "No Death" Challenge ?

I am curious if someone finished any Aveyond game without deaths, or  if you ever tried. Do you think if it is actually possible ? I mean, in any battle, the monsters can " surprise " you, with a critical attack or a good attack plan. Or the effect of a spell won't work always, and your plan could be ruined and get defeated...

Anyway, let me know pls :)

It is indeed very possible. I finished all the games but of course, you'll die during the battles. I think you just need to have a very high level and good equipment, and even when you do you will still die. Just make sure you save the game before the battle, and every time you die, when you re-play the battle you will try different techniques. 

Haha this is very difficult. As far as i remember, i died countless of time in Ahriman's Phrophecy due to lazyness to train and end up defeating Ahriman by using only death amulets and agea around lvl 44 (lol). Rhen's Quest..... nope. The chicken was too strong and i dont have a decent strategies against Ahriman. Never defeat him until a few years later when i decided to replay. The beast got me in Ean's quest so that is out the list. I think my chances are the best with the Mel's trilogy excluding the gates of night since in Shadow of the Mist i died a lot because the skeleton at the Skull/Death Mountain (i dont remember the name) was much stronger than expected).There you have it. I always tried to do the zero death thing when i first got started but just give up completely when i got  game over once haha. i was like meh... do whatever you like, just dont kill my save files. 

Funny you'd ask. I've recently begun doing videos on youtube on Aveyond (aveyond 2, specifically) doing a no death challenge. 

I lost my specific run in 2 when you need to leave Thais. No matter what you do (Brightwood forest, the mountain system and the bog) the enemies deal insane amounts of damage. 

I've completed aveyond 3-1 without any deaths before, however. 

@lovely-girl I understad, I understand... and I know you can still die, but still i am so determined to omplete this challenge :)) because I know I can and well, if you encounter lots of battles and you have a good strategy, I think you can really do it. Also, about your idea, I know I cna do that, but, you see, I am talking here about a SERIOUS gameplay with ABSOLUTELY no death :)) . I was re-playing Rhen's quest to win this challenge, but I remembered that I never tried Ahriman's Prophecy, sooo I am going yo play it, then return to the challenge :)

Thank you for joining this topic ! ❤️

@Kaiso Sadly, I can't say anything about Ahriman's Prophecy. I played all Aveyond Games, but not this one...  tomorrow I am gonna get my laptop back and I will try to play it :) Now, about Rhen's Quest, about the chickens... I think you are talking about the ones from the forest between Ghalarah and Veldarah. Why are they so hard ? You just, don't have to encounter them untill you get to academy, take the outfit and a good equipment. You even get a Warning when you go in the forest after Rhen gets her token, to not FIGHT ANY CHICKENS. But about Ahriman, I have to agree. It can be really hard, if you don't have a good strategy. I remember that there are some good strategies, like the Plague spell ( It can deal massive damage to him) or Teij'al's Final Embrace. I beat only once Aveyond 4, I still don't know too good everything about it, but I will replay it some day. Sooo, Yep, I know it can be really hard, but, idk, I will still try, maybe untill I will realise that it is impossible, or maybe I will be victorious 😅

23 hours ago, Musical_Rainbowly said:

@Seraphus Lol, what a coincidence :))) I am glad to see that I am not the only one here who is in this challenge. I will try to find your vids and well, good luck ! I am surprised about Aveyond 3-1 , and don't give up on Aveyond 2, maybe there is a way to actually do it !

It's possible. The main way I have found so far is to go to Ravenwood before entering Shaenlir, get the armor there and proceed. 
Once you get to the wyverns it's luck, if they heal too much and you run out of mana it can be an infinite loop cause you dont deal much damage (1 to 3)

Once you're done and head to thais, go to the shadow woods first and get the beast + grind out money
Leave Shadow wood and go to thais, proceed with the main quest and head to the mountains, kill the spiders and head to the bog. 

Once in the bog it becomes a luck game. Kill the slime and pray for a slime drop, then avoid the rest of the enemies using your 1 beast repellent if need be. 
Once you get to witch woods, get gavin and teach him the thunderstorm spell you get for helping the girl with her mansion. 

That is the furthest I've gotten in a single no death run - in this one I died to the frogs' sleep spell which has ended multiple runs. 

Once you return with gavin, though, you can open the level up chests in the ravenwood forest, shadowood town, and the green weed plains for 3 free levels for 4 characters.

My attempt can be found here, although it wasn't the best attempt I've had so far. 

On 6/19/2019 at 1:54 PM, Musical_Rainbowly said:

@Seraphus Lol, what a coincidence :))) I am glad to see that I am not the only one here who is in this challenge. I will try to find your vids and well, good luck ! I am surprised about Aveyond 3-1 , and don't give up on Aveyond 2, maybe there is a way to actually do it !

Aveyond 3-1's only issue (for me) is that once you go to Gedhare as Tejhal (names arent my strong suite, sorry) it gets insanely hard because the enemies can kill you. 
Now obviously, when I say no death run, I mean expert mode exclusively. A no death run on easy or normal is... well, read the name. 

That being said I'm trying Aveyond 1 NDR right now. Currently managed to make my way all the way to the north, about to head to Aveyond, so it's going decently. Usually NDR Aveyond 1 runs end as soon as you fight the spiders. :') 

Sadly failed in land's end. 

On 6/18/2019 at 8:42 PM, Musical_Rainbowly said:

@lovely-girl I understad, I understand... and I know you can still die, but still i am so determined to omplete this challenge :)) because I know I can and well, if you encounter lots of battles and you have a good strategy, I think you can really do it. Also, about your idea, I know I cna do that, but, you see, I am talking here about a SERIOUS gameplay with ABSOLUTELY no death :)) . I was re-playing Rhen's quest to win this challenge, but I remembered that I never tried Ahriman's Prophecy, sooo I am going yo play it, then return to the challenge :)

Thank you for joining this topic ! ❤️

You can do it! Wishing you the best of luck. I haven't finish AP either. I will when I'm done with college in a few months because I know I need to be free for this :kawaii-lol:

Welcome to the forum! 

On 6/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, Seraphus said:

It's possible. The main way I have found so far is to go to Ravenwood before entering Shaenlir, get the armor there and proceed. 
Once you get to the wyverns it's luck, if they heal too much and you run out of mana it can be an infinite loop cause you dont deal much damage (1 to 3)

Once you're done and head to thais, go to the shadow woods first and get the beast + grind out money
Leave Shadow wood and go to thais, proceed with the main quest and head to the mountains, kill the spiders and head to the bog. 

Once in the bog it becomes a luck game. Kill the slime and pray for a slime drop, then avoid the rest of the enemies using your 1 beast repellent if need be. 
Once you get to witch woods, get gavin and teach him the thunderstorm spell you get for helping the girl with her mansion. 

That is the furthest I've gotten in a single no death run - in this one I died to the frogs' sleep spell which has ended multiple runs. 

Once you return with gavin, though, you can open the level up chests in the ravenwood forest, shadowood town, and the green weed plains for 3 free levels for 4 characters.

My attempt can be found here, although it wasn't the best attempt I've had so far. 

@Seraphus Wow, I really like how much time you paid to organise your gameplay and build some plans and strategies ! Big brain 😉

I will watch your attempt, and, welp, tell me about your future victories, pls. I am sure you will do it, you are prepared. Stay determined ❤️ 

On 6/20/2019 at 2:25 PM, Seraphus said:

Aveyond 3-1's only issue (for me) is that once you go to Gedhare as Tejhal (names arent my strong suite, sorry) it gets insanely hard because the enemies can kill you. 
Now obviously, when I say no death run, I mean expert mode exclusively. A no death run on easy or normal is... well, read the name. 

That being said I'm trying Aveyond 1 NDR right now. Currently managed to make my way all the way to the north, about to head to Aveyond, so it's going decently. Usually NDR Aveyond 1 runs end as soon as you fight the spiders. :') 

Sadly failed in land's end. 

Yeah, I remember that in Aveyond 3-1, the enemies in Ghed'ahre are kinda difficult... you mai have some wins, but there are chances to get defeated, so, maybe the best thing you can do there is to avoid them, especially the ones in groups ( 3-4 ) , and try to kill the solo ones or some groups of two. Also, I remember that Teij'al has to help Galahad in a battle with three or four skeletons, which can be tricky, if I am right.

Oh god yeees, about Aveyond 1, I HATE that stupid spiders in the attic. In Expert, they can kill you and it's like " REALLY ? A LIL' SPIDER B**CH KILLED ME ? " , and that's how your challenge is ruined :') .

And about the game mode, of course we are talking about the expert mode. I mean, really, easy and normal are, you know, to easy for some experts like us 😂 .

On 6/20/2019 at 9:37 PM, lovely-girl said:

You can do it! Wishing you the best of luck. I haven't finish AP either. I will when I'm done with college in a few months because I know I need to be free for this :kawaii-lol:

Welcome to the forum! 

Thank you ! ❤️ Good luck in the college and have a good time with AP after !

1 hour ago, Musical_Rainbowly said:

Yeah, I remember that in Aveyond 3-1, the enemies in Ghed'ahre are kinda difficult... you mai have some wins, but there are chances to get defeated, so, maybe the best thing you can do there is to avoid them, especially the ones in groups ( 3-4 ) , and try to kill the solo ones or some groups of two. Also, I remember that Teij'al has to help Galahad in a battle with three or four skeletons, which can be tricky, if I am right.

Oh god yeees, about Aveyond 1, I HATE that stupid spiders in the attic. In Expert, they can kill you and it's like " REALLY ? A LIL' SPIDER B**CH KILLED ME ? " , and that's how your challenge is ruined :') .

And about the game mode, of course we are talking about the expert mode. I mean, really, easy and normal are, you know, to easy for some experts like us 😂 .

I mead a thread in the Aveyond 1 forum (one of the lowest subforums here if you go to the main page) about that specifically.
As for Ged'hare: equip cursed armor on her and let her take hits. It'll take a while, but she can drain each time and you win basically all fights in this game. Magic users are annoying. 

On 6/22/2019 at 1:24 PM, Seraphus said:

I mead a thread in the Aveyond 1 forum (one of the lowest subforums here if you go to the main page) about that specifically.
As for Ged'hare: equip cursed armor on her and let her take hits. It'll take a while, but she can drain each time and you win basically all fights in this game. Magic users are annoying. 

Good strategy, thanks !

On 6/21/2019 at 2:37 AM, lovely-girl said:

@lovely-girlYou can do it! Wishing you the best of luck. I haven't finish AP either. I will when I'm done with college in a few months because I know I need to be free for this :kawaii-lol:

Welcome to the forum! 

Cool! I just entered college recently myself haha.