Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
BentoKami

Playing on Windows 10 Laptop

I made the foolish mistake of not understanding the whole "Windows 98+" operating system listed on the side before I made my purchase. I am not sure how to start the game, since it states that it is not supported by laptop. How might someone who is not good with machines and technology to play this game when I run a Windows 10 HP Pavilion?

Is the game giving you an error message when you start it up?

As far as I know, rpgxp games are windows 10 compatible.

It does give me the error message whenever i try to start up the game via double-clicking the icon on my desktop. The icon also doesn't look right, which i think might be related to the issue. If it helps, here's also the folder that accompanied the download. I really don't know much about technology, so don't know if it helps.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I uninstalled and reinstalled Aveyond, but now the error message is replaced with a message saying that the item was moved. The contents of the Aveyond folder remain the same, though. By the looks of it, I have to find an item called Aveyond2.exe that does not appear in the Aveyond 2 folder. I'm guessing that the main issue is that I did not get the Aveyond2.exe item when I downloaded the game both times.

image.png

The installer should have installed the exe automatically. I have a feeling what's happening is either your windows defender or antivirus is removing the exe file without alerting you because it thinks it's malware. It's a false positive as all of the Aveyond games here are clean.

You can get around this in several ways:

In Defender/Antivirus - Add an exception to the Aveyond 2 folder so it won't remove stuff from it again

Turn off Defender/antivirus momentarily and try installing again.

Find the exe in which ever quarantine folder has it, put it back in Aveyond 2 folder, and add an exception.

The name of the file is Aveyond2.exe and is 1584 kb big.

For windows defender, you can add exceptions/exclusions following the instructions here:https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028485/windows-10-add-an-exclusion-to-windows-security