Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kaz

The Agas Saga

wow the dragon fight!!!YAY!!! Loved it ^_^

The dragon interrupted with a roar, and issued forth a powerful blast of flame.How like

Saurva,I thought.

I Totally loved this line! It was a great update ;) So i am guessing soon enough Aravis will be old enough to fight :evil: I Want him to fight to XD

It was a great update and I am hoping to see more of it ^_^ and it looks like you are busy but not as much as you where before ;)

i DID read this before! i was just rushing to class XD

i like it!

"that i was not, in fact, invulnerable" (not looking at the acutal line, forigve my potential misquote) i love it! so true.

goldgall: yay! :) thanks! as for the three kids being friends...you're about to find out. (hehe)

sana: yeah, i want him to fight, too. hopefully we'll get our wish. XD

bryan, heimdall, and tei: thanks!

(sorry tei, i talked myself out this morning. XD)

okay, so here's another one i wrote a long, long time ago. and then i'm off, because i had a tooth pulled yesterday, and now i'm in misery.

Isilme gazed at her reflection for a long time. She wondered desperately if there was anything she could do to make herself look prettier, but kept giving herself up as a lost cause. Zirna had promised to introduce her to the strikingly handsome boy she had met in the marketplace, whom Zirna had called Aravis, so long as Isilme could manange just to be herself and not act “weird”. Isilme sighed anxiously; the Isilme that Aravis had met that day, now that she thought back on it, was weird, and she wasn’t altogether certain she could avoid being that way again.

“You have been doing that for half an hour,” said Rhen, smiling knowingly from the doorway. Isilme turned to her, flushed, but did not reply. Rhen chuckled, watching her daughter wistfully. Her little girl wasn’t a little girl anymore. “You are going to meet that boy, I take it?”

Isilme nodded slowly, peering at herself in the mirror again. Then she sighed and turned to her mother. “I don’t know what else to do.”

“You look lovely,” Rhen told her; and she meant it.

Isilme, still anxious, smiled half-heartedly. “I hope he thinks so.”

It amused Rhen to see her daughter so obviously smitten with a boy to whom she had barely spoken; it reminded her of herself as a teenager. “Just be yourself, sweetheart. You’ll be fine.”

Isilme rolled her eyes.

Just like her mother, Rhen thought with a grin.

There seemed to be a great deal going on in the marketplace of Veldarah. Demons were conversing casually, or showing off their skills in magic to one another. Humans were hurrying to their destinations, their heads down. And a pair of teenagers stood waiting, one expectant, the other in dread.

“Zirna, why do you insist on doing this to me?” groaned Aravis.

“I want you to meet my friend,” she snapped, peering into the distance as though searching for something.

“I’ve heard that before,” he returned. “Zirna, your friends are weird.”

She looked at him, her eyebrows raised. “You ought to know.”

When Isilme arrived at the village square, she immediately looked for Zirna, but at first could not find her. She began to panic, wondering if something had happened, or if Zirna had changed her mind, or a hundred other things, when her thoughts were interrupted by a drawling voice.

“Well, you’re a pretty thing, aren’t you?” The man was much larger and clearly stronger than she, and the look in his eye made her extremely uncomfortable. She put her head down and made to walk past him, but he grabbed her forcefully by the arm. “Not leaving so soon, are we? You and I’ve got things to...discuss.”

“Take your hand off of me,” she said coldly, her voice trembling slightly, “or you will be sorry.”

The man sneered and gripped her tighter. “Is that right? We’ll see who’s sorry when I’m through with you.”

Before he could react, Isilme had drawn her sword and spun out of his grasp, then sliced at him with her weapon and shouted, “Siren Call!” The sword let out a piercing shriek, and a white flame leapt from it to the man’s chest. The man hit the ground screaming, consumed by a blinding fiery light. By the time the spell had ended, he lay motionless and barely breathing at her feet.

Isilme looked down at him, breathing hard and shaking a bit. “Are you through with me now?” she said quietly before she stepped over him and walked away, her dignity intact.

It was shortly after this that Zirna and Aravis found her, and upon seeing him again, Isilme’s pride gave way once again, and she felt her face grow very hot. Zirna, grinning broadly, introduced them to one another, but they were barely listening.

“That was...very impressive,” Aravis told Isilme, gazing with newfound respect at the girl who had acted so strangely the first time they had met.

Isilme’s heart sank. “You—-you saw that?” she said miserably. The last thing she had wanted was for Aravis to think that she was some sort of sword-wielding maniac, which was exactly what, from a distance, she was certain she looked like.

“I tried to intervene,” he told her, “but...” He gestured irritably at Zirna, who, still grinning widely, immediately finished, “I told him you were more than capable of handling it yourself.”

Isilme glared furiously at her friend—-who she was nearly about to declare her former friend—-but Aravis said, “I’ve never seen magic like that. It was...remarkable.” Then he turned to Zirna. “All right, you’re dismissed.”

Zirna gave him a dirty look. Isilme giggled, blushing at the compliment, and began to think that perhaps all was not lost after all. She thanked him quietly, and cast around in her brain for something interesting or clever to say. Zirna spared her by saying, “Sword magic. It is an extremely rare gift.”

The other two looked at Zirna, and Aravis said, “I thought I just dismissed you.”

Zirna glared at him, appalled; but Isilme too gave her a pleading look that said the same thing, if a bit more tactfully. Zirna winked at Isilme, and before she stormed off, she teased Aravis, “Your mother was right: you are exactly like your father.”

(okay, no more mushy stuff after this, i promise. XD XD)

Ohhhh Look who has a crush on Aravis! Awesome update Kaz! Your on a roll! The demonic and sword singing powers what an amazing combination! Great thinking Kaz! I loved this update!

Zirna winked at Isilme, and before she stormed off, she teased Aravis, “Your mother was right: you are exactly like your father.”

How True! :D I Was thinking the same thing when He told her that she was dismissed the first time XD

I am so looking forward to the next update! ^_^

oh NO :laughing:

oh boy, this'll be intersting...i can't wait until agas, nanghaithya and rhen find out who their children have been hanging out with...

Every time I read a mushy bit I giggle alot & I feel as if I'm Isilme & I feel really embarrassed. AND DON'T YOU DARE MISTAKE MY FOR ONE OF THOSE GIGGILY GIRLS (a.k.a my sister).

I still love the story!

Ooo, there's a twist in the prophecy. Wonder which will be Islime's foe? :evil: Well, maybe there won't be a battle between "bad and good" they might just all live happily ever after. :D

Well, great Kaz! Loved the two chapters! :blink:

Ooo, thought this line really captured the mood. hehe:

Demons were conversing casually, or showing off their skills in magic to one another. Humans were hurrying to their destinations, their heads down.

Wonder if it'll ever be the other way around again? XD

Good story, I like it by the three chapters I've read.

-

I must admit, this is like the second fanfic I've ever read. My old post (which I edited, thank goodness.) was because I used to think a fanfic was just the story of something through a different character's POV, staying to what usaully happens.

-

Probably. I'm wondering what happened to Galahad. His body's still out there lying around, right?

GAH!! The kids!!! I can't help reading and laughing at it time and time again. Rhen would blow up even more than Lars, I suppose. And Indra explodes on Aravis. Their mom's are scary.

thanks so much, everyone! you're the best! :amaranth:

it ought to be interesting when the adults finally figure out what those kids are doing... ;)

and to my new people, welcome!!

aveyondgirl: in response to your question, as far as the game goes, i am NOT a big fan of galahad. the only reason i pick him up is because you have to. as far as the story goes, i am NOT a big fan of galahad. neither is teijal. she's...got other interests...

in other words, things in my story may not go quite the way they do in the game. i'm taking a little creative license. or a lot. :)

and agas: just because you asked...

the hero party have just sent agas to the demon realm. elini nudges the corpse of galahad that lies at their feet.

elini: so what do we do with him?

there is a pronounced silence.

lars: well...maybe we could...bury him?

dameon: we don't have time for all that. we can't hang around here all day.

rhen: maybe we should bring him back. won't the king of sedona, like, miss him?

teijal: who cares?

john: yeah, besides, if we don't have time to bury him, we don't have time to bring him back. and who wants to carry around a dead body? (glances at teijal) no offense.

teijal rolls her eyes.

rhen: we can't just leave him here.

teijal: so let's drag him outside, leave him for the shivens.

rhen: eww.

elini groans in frustration, grabs a torch off the wall, and sets galahad's body ablaze.

elini: there you go. funeral pyre. moving on.

she heads out the door. the others stare after her.

teijal (grinning wickedly): that's why i like her.

DISCLAIMER: the above nonsense was not part of the story. just a random act of violence against my brain (and your eyes). the story will proceed as scheduled from here out. thank you. :evil:

oh, and by the way, there is another chapter on the way. it's done, i just have to put the finishing touches on it, as it were. so expect it very soon.

right, heimdall, not technically part of the story. like the card game. (you didn't miss that, did you? it's buried in here somewhere...)

oh, wait, here it is :D

in any event, here's the chapter i promised. (yay! XD)

Chapter 27 - All’s Fair

Tawrich, as I had guessed he would, merely sighed and shook his head as I explained to him all that Indra had told me. He did, however, offer me an interesting yet not terribly shocking bit of information.

“I suppose I should not be surprised by any of this,” he said. “Not long ago, Saurva wondered if I shouldn’t...How did he put it?...’take a break’ from the Western Kingdom for a while...perhaps visit the other Isles...I admit, I did at first think it a strange suggestion; but then, there is precious little which Saurva does that is not strange.”

A fact about which I had to agree with Tawrich.

Nevertheless, once Tawrich (and, of course, Hajetus, who was also present at the time) had been informed of the situation, it would not be long before the other daevas learned of it as well. Both Zarich and Aesma told me, upon learning of Saurva’s plan, that I would have at my disposal as many of their troops as I should require—-Zarich’s being in the form of Nightmares, over which Uzga apparently had a great deal more control than she had previously pretended. Indra, as I expected, refused to get involved.

In the meantime, swarms of dragons had begun filling the skies over the Western Isle, flying in formation like flocks of geese. though they did not launch a full-scale aerial attack, as the ones in Clearwater had. Instead, they were settling themselves in the mountaintops, out of the range of my armies. But if they thought I would send my troops to them, they were sadly mistaken. I could wait them out.

When Aravis did return to Sedona, it was in the company of Nanghaithya, who immediately commented upon the reptilian vultures plaguing the landscape. “You do realize,” he told me, “that they have a marked advantage, in the fact that they are capable of both magic and flight.”

“My armies outnumber them by at least five to one,” I said dismissively. “And apart from that, dragons, now that they are under Saurva’s command, are not the fearsome, noble creatures they once were. They are cowardly and indecisive, rash at best.”

“Be that as it may...” he began, and then trailed off with a sigh. “As your oldest and dearest friend, you know that I would not hesitate to offer you whatever troops I had available...if I had any available. Unfortunately my own armies are running rather thin of late; those damnable Creatures keep attacking the Hills.”

“The same ones?”

He shrugged. “More or less. That is, they do not appear to have...’evolved’ any further.”

At this point my attention was drawn to Aravis, who, I now realized, was behaving in the most peculiar way. He sat at the window, gazing out with a bored, distant expression. It wasn’t like him; normally he would be highly interested in the prospect of battle. I continued my conversation with Nanghaithya, still watching Aravis, and I had to wonder what had happened to him during his last visit to the Eastern Isle. He had presently seized a large spider from the corner of the window, and begun absently pulling off its legs one by one, much as a human child might do with the petals of a flower. I turned to Nanghaithya.

“What did you do to him?”

He rolled his eyes. “He’s your son. Besides, I do not pretend to understand my own teenager, let alone...” He gestured toward Aravis. “In any case, I did not ‘do’ anything to him. But perhaps I ought to leave you to it.”

“Well,” I said with a smirk, “seeing as you are no help to me whatever, perhaps you ought.”

Nanghaithya left with another roll of his eyes, and I went to the window where Aravis had now discarded his dismembered spider and was staring out of the glass again, and I asked, “All right, what is it?”

“What is what?” he replied evasively.

“What is wrong with you?”

He shrugged. “Nothing.”

I sighed. I could not recall being this difficult myself as a teenager; but then, I had much worse to worry about at his age. “Very well. I do not suppose it matters, anyway. I have more important things to do.”

If I thought reverse psychology would be effective, I thought incorrectly. He continued to be obstinately silent and to stare out the window. I watched him for a moment, and then an idea struck me.

“What is her name?”

“Is—-who?”

I smiled. “Who, indeed?” He glared at me furiously, and then looked away, and so I proceeded, “I take it, then, that there is something about this girl of which you believe I would not approve.” After quite a while, he slowly looked up at me again, as if challenging me. How like his mother he was.

“She is...human,” he muttered at last with a deep sigh and apparently a great deal of effort.

I couldn’t help laughing; but just as I began to wonder if I ought to tell him my own sordid tale, the doors to the throne room flew open and a pair of orcs entered, both with the appearance of people who had run a great distance. I had to ask, “Why does everyone burst in here as though the corridor is on fire?”

They both bowed their heads stiffly, and one said, “Forgive us, my lord. There is trouble in the South.”

“Well, please, don’t bother to elaborate.”

“Dragons,” said the other at once. “A fair few of them have come down from the mountains and launched an attack upon Brumwich. Our men have put up a good fight, but much of the village is burning.”

They looked at each other briefly, and then the first said, “I do not know how much longer we can hold it.”

“And Darkness forbid you call for aid before you come storming in here.” I turned to Aravis, who was now on his feet, and ordered him, “Stay here,” before I hurried out of the throne room, the orcs following closely behind me. On my way to the outer court, I summoned an imp and sent an order for a unit in the Lowlands near the old children’s school to aid the soldiers at Brumwich, and then Relocated there myself, leaving the orcs on their own.

The soldiers’ description of the scene at Brumwich was more accurate than I had hoped. Most of the buildings were indeed ablaze; dragons were stomping about, roaring and destroying anything they could reach; humans were running and screaming; demons and orcs were attacking the dragons with all they had left. I had to admit, those scaly overgrown malcontents were a lot more trouble than they were worth. Summoning as much energy as I could manage, I made my way into midst of the fray and shouted, “Motion Freeze!” The spell was powerful enough to stop all movement within a five-hundred-foot radius, but I knew it would not last long. I weighed my options briefly, then decided with annoyance that what I could really use at the moment was a natural disaster. And I just sent Nanghaithya away, too, I thought, shaking my head.

“Earthquake!” boomed a voice behind me; and just as my spell began to lose its effect, the earth was rent asunder before me and the dragons began either to fall shrieking into the chasm or to take flight. I threw a few more curses at the ones leaving, then turned to see Aesma standing several yards behind me, his arms folded, his eyebrows raised.

“Well, I came to find out what sort of aid, if any, you might require of me,” he began, but was cut off by the thunder of several hundred foot soldiers approaching from the east. He shook his head and fell silent, rolling his eyes.

“Just because you happened to show up here at precisely the right moment does not mean I couldn’t have done it myself,” I said with a small grin. “Anyway, what made you come here?”

“Your son,” he replied. “I went to the palace looking for you, and he said you were here.”

“He did as I asked and stayed at the palace?” I said in surprise. “Hmm. I wonder whether I should be pleased or disappointed.”