Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kaz

The Agas Saga

“She is trying to control me!” Zirna hissed, exasperated. “She won’t let me have any human friends—-and she won’t even tell me why. I mean, maybe if I knew the reason—-”

Control? XD Hmm, I wonder where is that Galahad these days? XD Oh, and are there any human children left for her to befriend?? :lol: Just teasing, kaz! XD

Nice update! So the children are getting curious. I wonder what kind of trouble that will all lead them to. :evil:...maybe they'll meet eventually, eh?...

I did read this... For some reason, one that escapes me at the moment, I forgot to comment.

I like when you write about the good guys. Much less gory. And I like little girls.

Looks like I'm satisfied :)

I like Islime (sp? I can't see the spelling as I type this) better than Zirna, for the very fact she's Rhen and Lars's. But I like them both.

I like Islime (sp? I can't see the spelling as I type this) better than Zirna, for the very fact that she's Rhen and Lars's.

...is that why i like Zirna more? i see a rift developing... XD little girls? i'm pretty sure Zirna's a teenager now XD judging by kaz's comment there.

i've tried to respond to this three times and been kicked off the computer every one of them >.< let's try this again.

yes, forgot those ones...you don't use them enough XD (*cough, hint* wants more purple *cough, hint, nudge, wink*)

...i still don't get it >.< why would she not know that his name is Rashnu?

exactly, rashnu is more short, sweet and to the point about everything XD

dis: thanks!

maybe they'll meet eventually, eh?
hmm...maybe...;)

basset: less gory, i know. but they can't all be winners. XD XD and for the record, the kids (that's girls and aravis) at this point are all around 12. so i don't know if that's still 'little'...but then, it is as far as i'm concerned.

tei: :roll:

being out of school is not good for you. XD

first of all, you just got a rashnu chapter, so stop complaining. second, let's see if this clears it up for you:

“Why does Mother call you Rashnu, as opposed to 'Father'?
does that help?...:D

okay, okay, there we go. that answers the question.

and no, being out of school robably isn't good for me. but that's okay. i need some of that "not good for me" stuff called vacation XD (i have almost an entire week off from work! it's amazing! XD)

i'm not complaining...just suggesting XD

Alright, Tei, what's the purple you want to appear? Is that supposed to be another colour code for text or you're implying Nanghaithya (as in, his purple hair? XD).

Oh, by the way tell me again why Te'ijal calls Rashnu.... well, Rashnu. Not 'dad' or 'father' or 'papa' or whatever?

tei: complaining...suggesting...sounds the same coming from you. XD XD

agas: purple is the druids' 'color'. i believe she's implying that this story has entirely too little rashnu in it. she forgets that this is NOT 'the rashnu saga'.

and the reason teijal calls rashnu by his name is...explained in 'blood of a necromancer' (more or less). tei and i have been coordinating parts of our stories with each other since before the 'new' site.

in other words, 'That is an even longer story.' ;)

i'm not implying that there isn't enough rashnu (and yes, this IS in fact the agas saga, not the rashnu saga) i'm implying that i'd like to see more of him--discussion between rashnu and nanghaithya, perhaps? yeah, you rest your case, i know, but... XD

reason for Rashnu being "rashnu" not "father" : he was never married, and thus he does not like it being pointed out unneccessarily that she is his daughter. he's shy XD

that's the condensed version, anyways. :lol:

.......Oh, so that's it. I guess I'm just too used to him being "Rashnu." (Maybe because he's not my dad? XD)

What? This story's called the Agas Saga? Shoot, thought I was reading something else... Guess I'll have to leave now. *walks away*

*walks back* Yeah, I'm staying... ^.^

ok, kaz... I told you I was reading- and I didn't lie... I also said I'd comment soon... BUT... this is all the comment you get for now. :P

I'm reading everything and making a VERY long comment in a word doc. When I reach the end of Part One(probably in a couple of days...) I'll post all those comments and continue on to being caught up and then post another VERY long comment. XD

So... there you go... a comment containing my commenting plan. :P Enjoy?

okay, all, i know it seems like i've dropped off the face of the earth, but i haven't. not yet. XD

bad news is, i have nothing for an update. NOTHING. good news is (for those of you who care), i do have an update to 'from the beginning', which i shall be posting momentarily. but in the meantime, i do appreciate your patience. you all rock! :D

and welcome, sana! i'm so glad you like it! :amaranth:

(oh, and lol, marian. thanks. XD)

Oh my GOD she's alive!

...no update? ...really? ...oh... *tei sad*

...hurry up, dammit!! XD

Wow. Kaz and I are, like, exactly the same. We update around the same day (because I always rush to write when I see Kaz has updated and I haven't, XD), and we both seem to be stuck.

Call me when you do update. I'll still be sittin' here staring at my computer screen. XD

Good luck to you. :blink:

this is why i go away for so long. :roll: j/k.

i think it's time for the both of you to start reading From the Beginning. there is an extremely long (for me) update, which is part of the reason for the delay in this story. and i really think you'll like it. :D

otherwise, stop complaining. XD XD

But it's too long for me to read in one go... And its highly possible that I'll forget where I am pr something.

Besides, band camp and school are starting soon, so I'll probably be around to com[lain less. XD

ugh, rena, that is such a cop-out!! :P

but since, at least, you're reading this one, perhaps i shall oblige...just don't expect it all the time. XD

The old man was anxious.

Perhaps anxious was not the right word. Things were progressing, however slowly. His enemies, he had found, were strong, but not infallible. It was really only a matter of time.

It was only when his sinister ally entered the chamber that he realized: anxious was the right word.

The sinister one sighed in frustration. “Completely useless.” The old man looked up, knowing that it was not he who was being addressed, as his ally had a habit of speaking aloud to no one in particular, but he supposed it was better to be prepared. “Is...something amiss?”

“You tell me,” the sinister one shot back at him. “There is no sense in wasting my time torturing these prisoners. The one your ‘contact’ gave me behaves as if she knows nothing, and the one I found has not even made a sound since she was brought here. What is the point of inflicting pain when the victim acts as though she feels none?”

“We just need to be patient,” the old man said delicately, fearing a tirade.

“I am through being patient,” the other returned. “You and your contacts may sit in the dark and make your plans and whatever else you choose. I am going to destroy him once and for all, as I should have done so many years ago.”

“P-Please, wait,” the old man stammered, stopping his ally from leaving. “What of the others?”

“The others will fall easily enough,” came the reply. “Some, I already know, and I know their weaknesses. The others do not concern me in the slightest. No, he must die first.”

The old man knew that his ally’s desire for destruction was more personal than anything else, and he knew his best chance to carry out his own plans was to make the sinister one forget this, if only for the moment. “But what of the prophecy?”

The sinister one laughed openly. “What care have I of prophecies? Your ridiculous prophecy has nothing to do with me. Listen to yourself, will you? You are frightened of children!” There was a pause. “Oh, yes. I had forgotten. You do seem to have trouble with the young ones, don’t you?” The old man flinched, and his ally laughed again. “Yes, I have been speaking with your contacts as well.”

The old man, desperate for a change of topic, stood from the small table at which he sat and said, “Speaking of whom, I must learn the results of our latest initiative.”

Another pause. “You are wasting your time. But go. I do not suppose making myself known is the best strategy at this juncture.”

“I must agree,” the old man went on in feverish relief. “But our time will be soon, be assured of that.”

As the old man swept from the room, the sinister one chuckled sardonically. “Our time, indeed...”

Aravis hated councils.

He hated them because whenever the daevas held one, he was forced to stay with one of the druids. But it wasn’t that fact in and of itself that bothered him; he could not honestly say he minded them. No, what frustrated him was the fact that his parents did not seem to think he could be trusted on his own. Twelve—-just short of thirteen, as a matter of fact—-was practically an adult. And he had never done anything so terrible that it might warrant constant supervision. Well, nothing that his father hadn’t laughed about afterwards, in any case. So why did they—-primarily his mother—-have to be so infuriatingly dictatorial?

At least this time his father hadn’t delivered him directly to the palace. That was most likely due to the fact that Tei’jal would be expecting Aravis sooner or later...and one simply did not cross Tei’jal.

He groaned as he remembered this, and decided grudgingly to head toward the palace. As he wound his way through the Veldarah marketplace, however, the sound of hushed voices from within an old tent stopped him. One of the voices was familiar, so he paused just outside to listen.

“...more or less as we expected,” the voice was saying as Aravis approached. “They are always prepared for anything and everything; there is precious little that would surprise any of them. That is why I believe we must proceed as I have explained.”

The voice he heard, he knew, belonged to Saurva, but the tone was conspiratorial and hurried, as though the daeva was afraid of being overheard.

“Yes, they are ready,” Saurva went on quietly, in response to a question Aravis had not heard. “They shall fight to the death if necessary, though I do not see why it should be.”

There was a low, hissing whisper, as if in reply, but Aravis could make nothing intelligible of it from his vantage point. He ventured a bit nearer the tent flap, but remained out of sight.

“Three thousand,” was Saurva’s reply. “I have another thousand in reserve, but again, I do not feel it will be necessary.” There was another series of voiceless murmurs, and Saurva went on, “Certainly I am aware of their numbers, but orcs and goblins are no match for dragons, no matter who is leading them. Besides, it is all entirely irrelevant. The real objective—-”

Saurva was cut off by an urgent whisper. Aravis sensed his peril at once, and fled the scene before he was discovered.

He was not meant to have heard that. Saurva was sending an army of dragons...where? And to what purpose? He could guess the answer to the first; the second, he did not deem nearly as important. What he had to do now, was to warn someone...

A lot going on there... I'm beginning to have guesses about the people in red, but I'm afraid to say because I'm probably one hundred percent off the mark. For a moment I almost forgot who Aravis was... But I remember now. And I'm pretty sure I know where Saurva is sending those dragons...

From one person who has not in fact dropped off the face of the earth (quite) to another: if those were my daughters.... :D (well, perhaps it is one update out of date, but better late than never).

Oh dear, Aravis seems to have gotten himself in a great deal of trouble. I hope he's quick on his feet. And if one of those prisoners is who I think she is... :( She's been being tortured for a very long time.

The story is great, kaz! (It's fun to get so much new at once!) I'm very curious to know more about those strange creatures...

not fair! i blink and you update XD

oh well, it's an update. :D

oh that sauvra i'm going to kick his--sorry, my voices are talking for me. i blame my psychotic redhead named Ke'maru. you'll meet him later in one of my stories/games/other things i'm working on.

that sauvra-- *bristle bristle* NOW who is he about to sic his dragons on!?

basset: the 'red' people...yes, one of them should be fairly obvious by now. (still not going to name them, though, hehehe.) actually, they both seem pretty obvious to me. but then, i already know who they are. XD and as for the dragons...i could tease you and say 'you'll see...', but i'm sure you're probably right. ;)

cherry: yay! :) welcome back!

for the record, my girls were not up to quite the same sort of trouble that yours was...but if you haven't guessed it yet, you'll soon see.

and as for the 'prisoner'...something tells me you have a very good idea who she and everyone else in those red scenes is...

sana: thanks! and i'm sure you're right about what saurva is planning.

tei: um, surprise?

as for saurva...i think you know who he's going to sic his dragons on...and if you don't...have you been paying attention or what? XD

agas: yeah, saurva's good for that, isn't he? but i guess you'll just have to wait and see...hehehehe....

...heh...heh...heh...

paying attention? i'm supposed to do that during the summer? XD

but i do have a thought. i'm probably wrong, but it's a thought at least XD XD XD i'm thinking along the same lines as agas.