Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
mickey_owl

Court Intrigue 2 - A Maid's Quest

aw thanks Aislingyngaio it's in early stage so might change a little, Court Intrigue 1 did a bit, I'm open to suggestions if anyone has any ideas and of course I'll credit them:)

Awesome. I really enjoyed the other one, so I'll be looking forward to this one as well.

One thing I'd like to suggest is maybe integrating the shop with the storyline. Maybe I missed something, but in Court Intrigue 1, I had the impression that the shop was this random addition. It seemed kind of disconnected from the plot, and in the beginning I was thinking that maybe buying one item rather than another could affect the plot. I ended up skipping out on the shop to see if there would be anything later on that I would have to buy, but since there wasn't, I just completely forgot the shop by the end of the game. Maybe if some of the items there are necessary, or will provide some sort of "edge" or "bonus" to certain quests, then the shop won't seem as disconnected from the rest of the game. Perhaps if you want to have an evil ending, the shop could sell something that could be used as "evidence" to incriminate someone else.

hmm... true, and half the items in the shop in CI1 wasn't really useful except for adornment purposes. and there wasn't a purchasable upgrade for the fan, although there wasn't much point, when the only opponent can be defeated right at the beginning bar any misses.

I wanted to help with this again (Heeheehee :evil:) but it is unfortunate that my computer is still handicapped, so I couldn't help with the sound. But I'm thinking of making a menu that show the entire one individual.

Congra...!!

Gosh, it ran away...Hmm, whats this?

"Auto...Tile...Old...Unable...Forest"

You wondered what this sentence means...

@ sharib,Rena,CherryWine: Thank you :D

@ Whispering: Thank you for the suggestion I have to admit I never got the hang of scipting the shop but i'll see what I can do this time I like the idea of buying evidence:D

@ aislin: Well CI 1 wasn't really a combat game the fights were just for fun and the whole combat thing was an experiment:) I might include it in CI 2 if I can make the improvements

@Kin, Thank you:D that would be so great! You helped me so much with the first one!

oh, i'm sure it'll be better than before. though i love the first one. :D and i love the plot. it sure is cool that it's about a murder.

haha.. my addictiveness in detective conan is coming out again. ignore me. lol.

cool! can't wait! i played the first one and was great, but there was a bug where i talked to ... 9forgot the name sorry) but even when the conversation ended her faceset still stuck with me until the end of the game LOL

@ Nic, thank you and lol:D

@Snow, thank you, lol can't promise there won't be bugs but i'll try and fix them :D

Ok guys first screen shot let me know what you think? Shown is part of the guest quaters and Chiquca, not as fancy as Court Intrigue 1 as this is a big house rather than a palace but personally i love the tile set it's from RPG Palace as is the sprite I'll give full credit in the game as per usual:)

width=300http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u60/mickey_owl/Screenshotone.jpg[/img]

I like the screenshot too. It looks very earthy, it just has something really serene about it. It may be the earth-like colors.

Regarding my suggestion... what can I say, I can be kind of diabolical. I guess Aeternus' MSN avatar (which says "face of evil?") applies to me as well. :evil:

About the combat... I remember that you said you didn't want CI to be based on battles, but I thought the idea of increasing your charm/battle of wits was very clever. I'm not quite sure what else you could add, but maybe you could make the battle more difficult. If we lose, that could be one of the "sad" endings.

Hey, mickey! I really liked the first one. I can't wait to play this one too. :blink:

The screenshot looks awesome! I love how you use artwork as portraits. So pretty. :blink:

Hey Mickey_owl,

I loved the first game and I'm definitely looking forward to your CI2 ^^

Since you mentioned a race against time, is it possible to have a clock or timeframe running as we play the game? (I'm clueless about game making ^^; ) like there are certain quests in the games that has to be completed in a given time or there'll be consequences...And also, by simply choosing an action from a list of options (or the storyline) may lead the player closer to solving the mystery or get killed before the case is solved.

@ Pandaba, thank you:)

@ aislingyngaio, is that a good thing or a bad thing lol? :)

@ whisperingmist, ooh that given me an idea about one of the ending :D! and thank you:)

@ Dis' aw thank you:)

@ Love, thank you that's sweet of you:)

@ Ellie, thank you, and I'd like to be able to do that I'm pretty sure it's possible just need to find a script:)

Update:

I've done the mapping for the demo and started scripting it:)

I'm so looking forward to this. I loved CI and the screenshot looks amazing and... Yeah, well, I'm just excited.