Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
OneFeather

Reives - Quintessence: The Blighted Venom

i am on chapter I and i am at the part where the arayns are coming and i have to find Serai.i am in this room where taima is and kaire is up stairstars in a bed, and when i go downstairs there is a locked door. i cant find her anywhere! can anybody help?

oh go upstairs and talk to the alchemist and he`ll offer to help then When you go outside his house Reives will give you a hint You have to go west she`s on a hill in the forest

I think that's the basement door you're trying to go out from; head up one stairs and leave from the south. c:

~~~

The new release, including Chapter 9 and a vastly improved intro/chapter 1 is now being beta tested. It might still be a while before public release, but it's close now.

This game has very nice music and the story about the Quintessence seems quite interesting but the gameplay... well, it's fun but kinda frustrating at the same time. I think I'll probably give up on this game soon since my characters died way too many times and I'm way too old for this.

Edit: Btw, the dialogue and plot could use some improvement. I don't want to be mean but quite a bit of it seems fairly "meh" so far. The plot device at least seems pretty interesting but other than that, some of the plot opens some questions for me:

a) If you had a lead alchemist on a top-secret issue, where are the security and the means to ensure his silence or even obedience to you? I find it hard to believe the ruler of the district/state would simply bestow a project to someone whom you've only met, with blind trust. And that there were no safeguards or even backup of the research.

B) Errr... is it me but aren't there supposed to be more guards and patrols at night, in the capital or around certain areas?

c) Serin's(or whatever her name is) sister didn't even notice anything wrong with her? Either they must be almost strangers or the impersonation was so perfect that she never noticed? But how do you imitate someone whom you've only met or even observed for a while? Is the princess really skilled in the art of imitation?

So, enough of negative comments:

d) I really enjoyed the atmosphere. The music is quite good and I liked the various sprites and tilesets created. They made the world look much more vibrant and interesting. And it felt a little like the Divinity games.

e) The Quintessence idea is quite interesting and even moreso are its' effects. I haven't quite figured out what they are yet but it's fascinating.

f) So, old school feel, 3 slots, huh? Just like Diablo. Of course, that doesn't stop me from making tons of backups and still, I like it.

g) Interesting abilities or magic skills there: being able to change into another form.

h) The battle system. Okay, it's frustrating but starting to become kinda fun. I just have to make it past that darn snake!

Final edit:

Having played up to Chapter 6, I think the only annoying technical issue is the way the game keeps switching keyboard controls like A for switching team members during a battle, A for using Guard alphabets, Q and W to switch in between members.

Thankfully it doesn't keep happening but I think the developers should really consider creating a fixed set of keys and assigned functions for the sake of consistency and not switch the letters around all the time. After all, the more mini-games and puzzles you have, the messier the controls will get over time.

Please help!! I am stuck yet again !!!!

I got to the winter carnival....played the games ....bought all teddy bears.....collected the white tiger hair....visited the haunted cave ..... consulted the fortune teller....

Now i dont know what to do.

oh, I'm sorry for the wrong lead. I have got a save file at the carnival so I replayed that event. After I got the tiger's hair I just walked around and after some time Kaire said that the sun sets. I don't really know what triggered it but I think it's random so don't be discouraged ^~.

Thanks for your concern but I figured it out after a lot of toiling. It is you have to win the crooked archery competition at any level and the hammer game at more than 80% at the normal level and the finally get the teddy bears....thats it :)

@Dee:

Thank you very much for the feedback! You're Sonar Chicken, right? A lot of those points came up on the forum, so I'll just leave it at that I've taken them all into consideration, and they're much appreciated. c':

@Excalibur:

Aye, sorry about that - it is a little unclear there. I thought it only needed 70% on the hammer game though; might be wrong though. I should make it clearer next time.

@Ayne:

Thanks for helping! Do I know ya on an alias, by the way?

And aye, the new release is now available, and can be

downloaded here:

http://quintessence-tbv.com/Q-tbv_C1-9_1.1.exe

Release.jpg

^Don't click; dl link is above the pic.

NRP2.jpg

@Nic:

I still need to make a tutorial vid for that, will probably do so later today; sorry for the delay.

But here's a hint: You have to get the deer to either a T intersection or a corner, and then exploit the fact that it jumps over players when moving but won't jump over traps.

@Sniagyte:

You need to turn of the lights on the pedestals - turning all 4 off (or 1 at a time) would show you which one is facing up/down/left/right etc. Then turn them all back on and spin the moon-like things to face those direction and it'll be fine. c:

I started to play the new release recently and I'm really enjoying it, especially the mini games.

The music quality improved quite a lot and I like the storyline more than the previous(relating to the intro) - it matches better(a carefree Eshe is nice, she was too serious in the first release^~).

I have to admit the mini games are really tricky - at the arch alchemist clock thing I was about to give up but then I finally solved it.

the only thing I don't like in both releases is the dialogue speed(I don't know how to call it) - in my opinion it's a little bit too slow.

Well, I'm stuck now at chapter 4(Fulfillment):

I'm playing Lunair and have to go back to Reivier in Disguise(sneak out of Aeria).

After reading the instructions the event starts but Lunair doesn't stop shape-lifting thus I'm detectect. Could it be a bug or am I doing something wrong?

@Reives:

I don't think so because I'm not at that forum.^~

btw do you have the music sheet of 'To Realize'(if there is one)? Can I have it? I'd really like try playing it on the piano.