Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

((Sorry, sorry... When I read the first post from Faelyn this morning I didn't have enough time to respond, and I've been at school the rest of the day.))

She lsitened to what Faelyn said after she finished, but not too closely. She tried not to think about the incident she just described typically. The fact her powers were invaluable seemed more like a joke.

She listened to the exchange about the map, but it made little sense to her. "What do you want from me? If it's in her head, how in the world can you give it to me?"

((Sarona knows very little about magic outside of elemental. Actually, she knows little outside of earth. Anything beyond elemental makes little sense to her.))

Eh? What's she on about now? "Take him inside? What for? We sure as heck don't need any rankin' Imperial prisoners ta draw even more attention ta us, and I ain't gonna put up with his psi antics any longer'n I need ta! Chain him up and leave him ta bake in the sun. It's better than he deserves, more'n likely!" Expressin' my disgust, I made a half turn and kicked up some sand onta Adrian's sorry hide.

A little agitated, "He isn't a vampire... and he could easily break the chains. But technology disturbs him... from- from what I can gather from the bits of Elindra's memory I've broken into, highly advanced technology would affect him adversely... it's the opposite of what happens with Yen. Besides... wouldn't you like to see him squirm?"

I blink. "See him... squirm?" My gaze falls on her. It's just not somethin' I'd expect ta hear from Runner, ya know? Come ta think of it, the fightin's done but she still smells like a predator. Course in this case it's perfectly possible that what I'm lookin' at ain't Runner at all if...

Suppressing protests flarin' up in my mind, I flash her a sudden grin then glance up toward the ship. "Looks like the bats are still coverin' the sensors. Heh, Yen can't peak out at us, then!" I step forward, releasin' a few subtle pheremones inta the air. "Ya know, Runner, I've always liked you best. You're stronger, better! Mebbe I've been wonderin' what that tough, toned body of yours feels like." My tail weaves sinuous patterns in the air, my eyes the picture o' amorous mischief. "Seems ta me this fool's messed himself enough that we don't need ta deal with him just yet. Care ta play a bit, while we got the time?" I send a ripplin' flex slowly through my upper body, suggestive thoughts floatin' on over toward her while I watch for her response, physically and mentally.

She almost laughed before responding, "I'm not Elindra, sweetheart. You're just a little too furry for me... wouldn't want to get tickled. Besides... that might put me in a compromised position for her to take over." Despite her calm response, she was suddenly a bit on guard, "Besides... Wanderer could see some. Wouldn't want to drive a wedge between any of us right now.... Why are you testing me?"

A ripple of fear ran through me, she was doing a lot better at being me than I'd thought she could be. I just hoped I was close enough to the surface that he'd be able to sense both of us... but then... I could barely make out what was happening... and I was weaker than I should be. He hadn't been able to sense her stirrings. What made me think he'd be able to sense mine?

Well that's a response Runner would give, anyway. She even smells a little less bloody... mebbe I'm just gettin' paranoid? "Heh, sorry darlin'. Can't be too careful, ya know?" Make him squirm... she probly had some bad memories with the weasel what made her say that. At any rate, she knows him better'n I do. Like I said before, best ta follow her lead for this one. "Right, let's get back before they spring any nasty surprises on us." I throw Adrian over one shoulder, payin' careful attention ta keep my mental guard firm as possible for any newbie, and pad on up inta the airlock we came outta.

Elindra smiled. The taint of that smile could only be seen from the inside... she really was a quite talented actor... "It's all right. I suppose you have... reason to be paranoid. Just don't get too paranoid that you do more than question. We don't want a replay of..." she blanked on what exactly it would be a replay of so let it trail as if she didn't want to finish the sentence. Adding a wink, she motioned to a door, "I guess we can put him in that room for now. Wanderer, you'll keep an eye on him?"

"No, I won't, Runner. But I will keep watch for you."

She bristled at that, "You know what I meant."

"So will he really be uncomfortable?"

"Yes. Why would I lie about that?"

"You might have exaggerated... well, good. I'll be able to get him back for trying to invade me so rudely as though I were a simple machine."

She chuckled lightly and spoke to Shaed again, "I suppose we should get back to Yen- tell her we're not dead... and we have a prisoner."

Jho (city of Jermann) - Faelyn, Sarona, Lumiana, Riven Silver

Sarona looked distressed and I could sense her uneasiness about the mornings conversation. We needed her help though and I had to convince her to do so.

"Sarona, Lumiana should, once awake, be able to connect with you through your thoughts. I have heard of dream fasting while people are awake. By touching hands her thoughts would then be your thoughts and you would have the location of the black box and the images to go with it. Riven said that she would be able to connect to you through telepathy. Another thought exchanging process."

I paused for a moment to let that sink in for her.

"We really need your help Sarona. Without it we won't be able to complete our journey. You know how important it is that we get the black box. We desparately need your help now."

I went to my pouch and pulled the map out for her to look at in more detail. Pointing to the map I traced the journey we must take.

"Look, Sarona, halfway to our destination there is a lake."

I pointed it out on the map for her.

"There must be trees around there. It will be a place where you can renew your strength and your powers. Without the map of the volcano we cannot find the black box and we may as well go back to Wanderer. Please, Sarona, I urge you to think deeply about this and reconsider. I sense that there is more in you than you are allowing to show."

I pushed the map in front of her so she could take a better look and then I sat back to wait.

Lumiana's head jerks and her eyes open, as she wakes up. "Wh-what happened? Where am I? And who are you?" She seems to be all questions. Slowly she starts to remeber bits and pieces here and there. "Oh, right. You are the ones I was supposed to guide. How long have I been out of it?"

She looks at RivenSilver for a very long time, as if seeing her for the first time. She looks very familiar. I wonder... She only says: "Could you give me my bag, please? Then it ought to be no time before we can continue on our way, unless someone objects."

((Hi, guys, I'm back. Just came home today. Still having my antibiotics iv, but at least they come to my home to give them to me. It's weird, taking care of myself after someone has been bringing food to me for the last month or so, me not having to worry about anything practical... Oh, well))

((wow... we took so long that the plans we'd set don't have to happen any more. And there are no worries about Lumiana.

Welcome back. :) Hope you feel better and can get off those antibacs soon.))

(Mae, I'm so glad that you're back home and hopefully feeling better. I've tried to sum up in this post what has happened on our side of things since you've been gone. Riven is leading us 'to' the Volcano and you are leading us 'through' the Volcano to the place where the Black Box is.)

Sarona seemed to still be mulling everything over. My attention was drawn away from her when I heard Lumiana's voice. I was shocked that she had come out of her deep sleep. She didn't seem to know us at first but then slowly it seemed as if her memories were coming back to her. She seemed to take a very long look at Riven, as if she recognized her from another time.

"Lumiana, you're awake! We were so very worried about you. Don't worry about travel right now, we're not leaving until nightfall. How do you feel?"

She had asked for her bag and I fetched it for her and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"I noticed you looking hard at Riven. You seemed like you knew her from another time. Is it possible? She's guiding us to the Volcano. Runner said you had the map of the Volcano in your memories and that you would be able to guide us to the black box once we reached the Volcano."

When I looked over at Riven she seemed to be in deep thought.

"Riven, do you know Lumiana from another time? Could it be possible that you two have met before?"

Before Riven could answer I turned by attention back to Lumiana. This was all so incredible to me. So much had happened in the space of about eight hours.

"When you fainted, Lumiana, and took sick we didn't know what we were going to do. The only thing we could come up with was to transfer your memories to Sarona. We had planned on leaving you with Mrs. Jax' with a map of our route and a letter letting you know we would come back through here once we retrieved the black box if you hadn't caught up to us. I can see now that none of that will be necessary. Hopefully you'll gain your full strength back before dusk.

"Is there anything you need? Can I get you some breakfast?"

I watched Lumiana try once again to recall where she might have come into contact with me before as I listened to Faelyn recap events since Lumiana became unconscious. I had good reason to distrust the Unicas and with this one I was uneasy. From what I had observed thus far she did not appear to be a team player. However, since appearances could indeed be deceiving I was reserving judgement for the moment.

After Faelyn finished I dove right in to have my say. "You have been 'out of it' between eight to nine hours now. You might want to consider eating something to keep up your strength. As for having an objection, I do. It will be far safer not to mention cooler traveling during the night. I have an errand at dusk. We can leave just after."

"Sarona, you may want to consider visiting the tailor as well to see about repairs to your cloak. He's good and doesn't charge an arm and a leg for his services. Just tell him I sent you."

"As to whether or not I know Lumiana from another time, the answer is yes, indirectly."

"As far as which route to take to reach Firestorm, my suggestion is to go through, Falon, Brasewater, Halishine, cross Wyrmrider's Tear, and then through Redpoint. Going by way of Falon to Brasewater will take us out of the way of the Screamers. I can hold my own where they're concerned, but I see no reason to court them, so to say. Besides which the rest of our group feel we need to make this journey with all speed. Brasewater is the place to stop for water as it is situated on Lake Brase. Halishine is best for journey rations. They are the last stop before Redpoint so they tend to make sure their wares are top notch in order to garner any business going either way. There is Kentwater, but they are closer to the Screamers town of Wildwarren than I would like to travel in order to avoid any delay on their part."

Having had my say, I sat down at the table to have another biscuit and coffee.

Lumi's eyes widen when Faelyn talks about her memories being transferred. How could they? Didn't they understand that it would mean disaster for anyone else to have my memories? Thank the ancestors they didn't have a chance to do that! I'd better keep my guard up with these people. Luckily I ought to have some of the cacti I collected.

She takes her bag from Faelyn and starts to go through it as she speaks. "Thank you, Faelyn, was it? Breakfast sounds good. Are the blinds down? I hadn't realized it was morning." Turning to Riven Silver she continues: "Of course we need to wait for nightfall. I was under the impression that it isn't that long until dusk."

'They' must have been behind this. I had never heard of 'them' using their powers like this before. When this little favour is done, I must go back home to find out whether it's 'them' or I'm losing my mind.

She takes something green and stringy from her bag and starts to suck on it. Ahh... This is better

"As for your plans, they sound very good to me. My knowledge of the route to the Volcano is very limited. I would have managed guiding us all there, but it's better to have someone well acquainted with the area to take us there."

((@marian: I'll be off them in 10 weeks. 2 iv, and 8 orally... The doctors don't want to take any chances.

Thanks for the welcome back, all.))

((yeah... I understand taking no chances. I was having to take antibac for close to a year... then they realized what I have has nothing to do with bacteria. :roll: ))

She rose. "What tailor? Where can I find him?" She was glad all talk of memories being transfered had been dropped. If it had been absoultely necessary she would have done it... But any other type of magic besides her own made no sense to her. The very thought of them performing some unknown spell... She shook her head slightly.

Raising an eyebrow at Lumiana I thought her brain must have been a bit adled during the time she was in an unconscious state. Since Faelyn had been staring out the window earlier the blinds couldn't have been closed.

Turning to Sarona I said, "I'll take you to see Mr. Harmonik myself. I need to collect my new cloak anyway and he may be through by this time. He's pretty quick when he sets his mind to it."

I rose from the table and strode through the doorway and down the hall not looking to see whether or not Sarona was following.

I nodded to Riven as she departed for the tailor and watched Sarona follow. I moved over to the table and filled a plate with biscuits and fruit and poured a cup of coffee for Lumiana. I took it over to her and placed on the bedside table.

Moving back over to the window I watched the goings on outside. It was about midmorning and the day looked it was warming up a bit. It sun would have the sky to itself again today. I was glad we were traveling by night.

Pouring my self another cup of coffee I sat down. Wouldn't do to go running off looking around town and leaving Lumiana behind. She may have a relapse or worse. So I decided to try and make friendly conversation.

"Are you feeling better now? I think it would be wise for you to rest for the rest of the day. If you need anything from the shops I could go fetch it for you when Sarona and Riven return. Are... you doing okay?"

I walked through the common room and out the front door of the inn. The day was heating up and had the promise of topping out a scorcher. After turning the first corner I could see Sarona following out of the corner of my eye. Mr. Harmonik worked quickly, but I knew he wouldn't have had time to finish the ordered cloak. He was a pretty good judge of how long it would take so when he said dusk that's when it would be ready give or take a few minutes.

Rounding the next corner I slowed again to a leisurely pace to allow Sarona to catch me up. I didn't expect conversation as she was always pretty quiet unless someone addressed her directly. At the same time I wouldn't want to cause her to become anxious about losing sight of me somewhere along the way.

After rounding a couple more bends the tailor shop came into view. We made our way over to that side of the street and through the door of the shop; the tinkling bell announcing us. We waited at the counter until Mr. Hamonik came through the curtain that separated the front of the store from his workshop.

When he saw me he raised an eyebrow saying, "You have to know I couldn't possibly be finished with your cloak this soon."

"Indeed I do," I said smiling. "I have another customer for you. This is Sarona. Sarona, Mr. Harmonik. Sarona has a tear in her cloak needing repair."

Lumiana seemed to be deep in thought. I got up and started pacing the floor. Hopefull Riven would get back and we could go over the map again to make sure we're going in the best direction. It definitely would be nice to get to the lake. It felt like it had been forever since we left Charon 5 and it's lush greenness. How wonderful it will be when we finally get return.

Getting back to Lumiana, I tried to get a sense of what was going on with her. What was this... a sense of unease. Could that be with us... or was it just the journey itself. Maybe she's afraid of what awaits us in Firestorm. Hopefully she didn't hold ill will towards us for what we thought we had to do about her map.

I looked back at her and she seemed to be glowing again. Maybe it was my imagination... maybe she was feeling better. I hope we can all learn to trust each other. It was going to be a long journey and without trust, it would be that much harder.

Sitting back down I picked up an apple and started absently munching on it as I gazed out the window again at the bustling little village. If she wanted to talk... she would. With the image of lush Charon 5, I beamed a thought to her... "hope you're feeling better." I waited for her reaction...

Yenomeht held her tongue as Shaed and the Runner left the safety of the ship to confront Jadis' evil servant waiting in the bleak darkened wasteland outside. There was no stopping the Jhozian, he always got what he wanted eventually....she knew this from personal experience, and the Runner was just as stubborn in her own right.

Something was odd since the vampire had arrived, though, Yen could sense Elindra influencing the Runner, but was uncertain how much control her wicked side was really exerting....

so far nothing about her behavior was particularly abnormal, and Elindra had been lurking in the background of the Runner's mind from the beginning....they were in the same body, after all.

A few moments after the entry hatch closed behind the determined pair, Yen began overhearing Shaed's mental sheilding technique, including all his erotic thoughts about herself. Blushing passionately from the amorous distraction she didn't even notice the vaporized vampire sneaking into Wanderer's interior...and before she realized it her two crewmates returned with Adrian in tow,claiming him as their prisoner.

The presence of the creepy minion of the Empress disgusted her, and she would have left him out in the desert, but since they had him locked up, she decided to let Wanderer deal with it.

Instead she grinned at the Runner, saying "That was easier than I thought, what do we do with him now?", and then wrapped her arms around Shaed, whispering mentally "ummmm, I heard what you were thinking out there...