Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

((Sorry I haven't posted in so long. I was hoping to get some time this weekend... but no luck. Anyhow, I'm going to be completely without Internet access for all of next week -- I'm going on a writing retreat!!

Anyhow, if anyone feels like picking up subtle negative vampire vibes in the air, please feel free. Otherwise, I hope the vampire will be able to re-materialize in a week or so...

Mae, so sorry to hear you've been sick. Ugh! I'm glad you're home now, and I hope the antibiotics are doing their thing without too many nasty side-effects.))

"I think we may be able to convince him to let us be... he hates Jadis and would easily see her killed... but..." she froze, her mind not bringing the words to her mouth for a moment, "but she provides him means to do things he needs. He doesn't follow her agenda." She thought for a moment then addressed Yen, "I wouldn't go in there alone with him he... his race is inadvertently attracted to any of the Fey. I don't think even Elindra knows what race he is. He can... shift his appearance. And even weak as he is now... his illusions would still be strong as long as they are done within the confines of his room."

-----

Adrian stirred in the room and swore, I should have known that kewk would let Runner take the opportunity. They both hate me... possibly equally... but Runner has the fresher cut.

Yen shuddered and hugged Shaed a little tighter, wrinkling her pert nose. "There's no way I'd even have brought Adrian aboard Wanderer, much less hang around him alone. I think the entire ship will need disinfecting now that he's been in here, he stinks!!"

The mechanic failed to distinguish the graveyard odor the vampire was releasing from the prisoner's scent, by now the entire ship had been permeated with a faint reek of decay. It was unnerving, this subtle form of sensual assault, a continous harrassment of the senses, like being trapped in a funeral parlor with no escape into fresher air.

"Wanderer, increase the air filtration, and add something to deodorize the atmosphere, it reeks in here!" Yen demanded of the ship.

"We couldn't leave him out there. I need to rest... it may have looked easy but..."

Wanderer piped in, "I told you not to over exert yourself, Runner. Filtration and deodorization systems on, Yenomeht."

She made her way to my room and closed the door.

Yen sighed with relief as the air pressure in the ship shifted slightly, and a clean ozone smell began sweeping away the rotten odor.

"Have a snug nap, then!" she sent a thought after the retreating figure of the Runner.

This was more like it, this was her sentient ship, not some strange mausoleum, and her first mate, she looked up at the tall Jhozian with a mischevious look in her eyes, her arms still around his waist. "I bet I know what you are thinking, now!" she murmured seductively, taking full advantage of being left alone with him, and sliding her hands toward other areas of his body....

while waiting for some smug retort from the Runner to interupt her teasing Shaed.

Have fun with the furball. He was practically growing horns with his fur. "Wanderer?"

"Yes, Runner?"

"Dim the lights and give me an hour to rest without interruption, please." The lights dimmed and she reached out, Come, my pet. We can be alone for a time.

Have fun with the furball. He was practically growing horns with his fur.

Yen caught the Runner's impertinant reply and started to giggle. Shaed would look really cute with psionic horns....reassured, she never considered that Elindra might really be in control of the Runner's body, and turned her full amorous attention to the Jhozian.

((yeah. there's gonna be a huge slip up at some point. Yen and Shaed would have to be the densest beings to ever live not to catch on to it. Shaed's had doubts... which is good. Yen... she can't pick up on things quite like Shaed can. So it's all cool.))

So many things to worry about. Why would 'they' contact me now, after all these years? It really can't be 'them'. Would I dare go home after all? Maybe I just ought to wait and see if 'they' really are behind this.

As Faelyn's thought touches Lumiana's mind, she keels over holding her head. Her eyes open wide and she turns her face toward Faelyn, staring her in horror. With great effort, she mouths: "Are... you... trying... to... kill... me?"

((Faelyn would probably feel a slight twinge as well, not too powerful, as she did not mean to harm Lumi.))

((Only when done by an impure mind i.e. non-Unica. Now imagine a two-year-old child getting a glimpse of an adult's thoughts. That child may well have a bit of a headache for a while. Unica's are really innocent and totally incapable of any evils.))

Jho (city of Jermann) - Faelyn, Sarona, Lumiana, Riven Silver

Out of nowhere I felt a pressure in my head. It was something I'd never felt before and it came right after I sent to Lumiana. Just as I wondered if they were connected Lumiana mouthed the words "Are you trying to kill me?" to me.

"Lumiana, no, heavens no! I would never ever try and kill you. Why would you think such a thing. I've only been trying to help."

Lumiana was bent over holding her head. The two had to be connected. I just didn't know how.

"I feel like I have caused something terrible to hurt you. That was not my intention. Help me to understand, please."

The heck? When I came in, the whole darn place smelled like a ten-thousand year old carcass! How come it smelled that way? I can scent emotions laced inta it... aggression, intimidation, a predator's killer intent. It sure as heck ain't Adrian's scent, even if he does share some o' the same qualities. The odor distracts me until it's finally dissipated by Wanderer, and that's when my nose picks up something a heckuva lot more interestin'!

Pheremones. Yen's pheremones. She went and got all snuggled up on me while I was off in la la land tryin' ta sort out where that stuffy corpse reek came from. My lips curve inta a grin, every other thought takin' second place ta the same naughty notions I'd been usin' as a shield earlier. But this time... "This time I can put those little ideas o' mine ta much better use." My lips trail along her cheek, a growl/purr buzzin' softly in my chest.

Somethin' flicks across the surface o' my mind. "Wanderer, did you ever get around ta fixin' my door?"

"Yes, Shaed. I've had ample time to do so."

"Heh, good." What came ta mind was the fake grass Wanderer had carpeted the floor o' my little nest with. I'd barely paid it any mind the first time I was in there, can't remember thinkin' a single thing about it, but now it struck me that the stuff was nice'n soft. My body presses close ta Yen's as I lean closer, lips findin' her ear. "Y'wanna make love in our own private meadow?"

As the searing pain in Lumi's head subsides to a weak pulsating sensation, her thoughts begin to race.

I never thought she would try it. I need to get out of this mission. I'll just notify Elder that I can't do this.

Faelyn speaks to Lumi, says she never meant to hurt her. Before answering, Lumi closes her eyes and mutters a quick incantation, to protect her mind from further attacks, intentional or accidental. I will have to make a potion later, to strengthen the spell. Hmmm. I guess I'm not leaving yet.

She speaks to Faelyn: "Your race is one that can do unfathomable things, you can lie, you can cheat, even kill living beings. My kind don't even have words for such acts. When your mind touched mine, all that you are capable of was poured into my head. Every lie you could ever tell, every life you can take, became a hot knife that was run through my head. Had the contact stayed for much longer, you would be without a guide. Next time, please warn me before you have something to show me. There are precautions we can take."

"The Runner seems to think you are growing horns...and now you want me naked in a meadow?" Yen laughed and ran her fingers through his short, thick fur, ruffling it the wrong direction.

"Anywhere you like, Officer Shaed, I think horns would be rather handsome on you" she whispered in his ear tugging at his earlobe with her lips.

Wanderer hummed quietly in the background, keeping track of the unwelcome prisoner, and analyzing the particles of filth recently extracted from the ship's air.

((Sorry this took so long... Life has gotten very, very hectic lately.))

She followed the other into the shop and looked around, trying to avoid making eye contact or anything with the other person. She heard Riven introduce her to the man, and traced the rip with her fingertip. "I don't think it needs much," she murmured, "just a couple of stitches, enough to hold it together." The rip actually was quite long, but she wanted to get out of there, and not reveal what was underneath.

My eyebrow raised of its own accord when I heard Sarona say she didn't think the gapping hole in her cloak needed more than a couple of stitches to hold it together. Glancing over at Mr. Harmonik I saw his look of disbelief and almost lost out to gales of laughter. There was definitely something Sarona didn't want anyone else to see which would be revealed if the cloak were removed from her body. Mr. Harmonik wasn't going to be pleased if she insisted he work on it while she was wearing it. There was always the possibility that he would refuse. His shop took in enough work over the course of the year that he didn't need what this job would net him.

Still looking at Sarona as if she had grown another head in the last few minutes he sighed and said, "Well, take it off girl and I'll see what can be done about it."

"Excuse me"....Wanderer's mellow voice interupted all activity aboard briefly to announce, "my analysis of the odor Yen objected to previously has failed to identify a reasonable source, the current prisoner is definitely not responsible for its' origins."

Come, my pet. We can be alone for a time.

Elindra's words were like a song to him, soothing him and exciting him simultaneously. He gathered himself, wisps of dark mist flowing against the ship's filtration system, gathering... darkening... strengthening...

He felt Elindra's presence pulling him, and he drifted along the floor and under Elindra's door.

I am here, he sent to her, At last, I am here... he reached toward her, a gentle tendril stroking her cheeking... combing through her hair... drifting along her body... savoring every curve...

-----

((Hi all! *waves* I'm back. The retreat was awesome! Here's hoping to posting more regularly -- although, of course, I will have a lot of work to catch up on!))

I listened as Lumiana told of the things she saw when I sent to her. She truly seemed to be innocent.

"Again, my apologies. It won't happen again. I understand and am grateful for your explanation. Do have some more to eat and drink, that may help your head to stop aching a bit."

I wondered what was taking Riven and Sarona so long. There were things that I needed to go out and get to replenish my pack.

I could also use some more of that medicine of Riven's. My arm was beginning to throb again. Hopefully it would feel better by night. Maybe Riven can tie it up so it won't hang when I walk. The walking and swinging of my arm would only cause it to throb more.

Deciding to continue conversation with Lumiana, to get to know her better, I asked, "So, how long have you known the Elder?"

((oh gosh, that's the question isn't it? I told you the question would come eventually... the Elder. XD such a mysterious person. He eludes even my total understanding))

Elindra took in a deep breath, savoring his touch, Finally, love. She sent him feelings and memories, wishing they could only make more. It has been far too long since I felt you...