Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

"Are you sure it has to be taken off?" she asked, trying to think of a way out. "Or is there another cloak I can wear in the meantime? I'm rather attached to wearing a cloak..."

Necuoscot de Nedescris eagerly drank the memories flooding over him, savoring each one. We are so different now, you and I. He sent it as though it were a whisper in her ear. Her delicate, perfect ear. For a moment he lost himself in the intricate folds of her ear.

I barely remember this life you are showing me... Anger surged through him, and the mist in Elindra/Runner's room became thick and heavy, like a thunderstorm about to break. I will kill her!

Elindra sent soothing memories to Necunoscot, I will break the curse... and my sister's body... as soon as I can. Just let yourself relish your time in me. Both of us have partial memories because of her...

You always were the more rational one, Elindra... my love.... With an effort, Necunoscot brought his attention to the lovely body welcoming him on Runner's bed. The mist in the room lightened, and settled back over Elindra/Runner's body, enveloping her like a coccoon.

Jho (city of Jermann) - Faelyn, Sarona, Lumiana, Riven Silver

"Sarona, if you don't want to discuss the scars everyone has seen through the rip in your cloak, just tell the inquisitive that it's none of their business. If you want the rip repaired by Mr. Harmonik, then take it off and hand it to him. If you'd rather do it yourself, there is a store one block back the way we came in which you can purchase the necessities with which to do so. If you should have further need of me you will find me in our room back at the inn."

Having said my piece I left the tailor shop making my way back to the inn to relieve Faelyn so she would be free to do any shopping she might require.

Yes well... my kind tend to be more... cool than yours. You're so full of raw emotion. We- barely have any. But enough bed talk... I didn't call you to me so we could talk. Elindra closed her eyes and sent gentle wisps of wind to caress the vampiric mist which had enveloped her body, taking in deep whiffs of the no longer putrid lover.

I was hoping I would get a little information out of Lumiana about the Elder. However, it wasn't looking promising at this point. I turned around and started to stare out of the window, again.

My coffee had gotten cold and there wasn't anymore. It was coming up on mid-day and Riven and Sarona were still gone. It was still quite cool in our room. It wasn't until I heard the door shut that I realized Riven had returned. However, Sarona wasn't with her.

"Riven, where's Sarona? Was the tailor able to fix her cloak? Was yours ready yet? I suppose we should see about getting our mid-day meal. A cool drink would do me good."

As I entered our room Faelyn was full of questions and rightly so. She wouldn't have been expecting me without Sarona.

"Sarona was still with the tailor when I left her. She wasn't being very cooperative so I outlined her choices for her and took my leave. I thought you might have a bit of shopping you needed to do and I would like to put that arm up in a sling to take pressure off that wound. My cloak will not be ready until dusk. I'll go see about our mid-day meal. While we wait for Lucinda I'll look at your arm if there is no objection."

Exiting the room again I went in search of Lucinda.

I thought to myself, 'People come and go so quickly here.' Within a span of about one and a half minutes Riven was in and back out again. Of course I was getting hungry and my arm 'was' throbbing again. I'd definitely need to eat and be patched up before going out.

Lumiana was still being very quiet. I must have really hurt her and upset her for her to remain so quiet.

Lucinda was in the inn's kitchen fixing up mid-day meals for the regulars who came to the inn each day.

"Lucinda, I'd like to order something for our group. Something that will keep well as we're not all in at the moment. I think we would just as soon do without Gnaz beast if you have something else that wouldn't be a bother and the usual fruit, juice, and ale."

"Sure thing Riven," she said with a smile.

I hoped Jared knew what he had in Lucinda. It would be a shame to lose her to someone else. Hmm, maybe I ought to stop in on my way back to the room and mention it. I made my way back to the office where I expected he would be at this time of day.

"Hey Jared. I just stopped by to make sure you're doing right by Lucinda. She's hard working and knows your clientele like the back of her hand. She keeps them happy which keeps them coming here. It would be a shame to lose her to the competition for want of a dimoula or two. Just thought you should be made aware in case you aren't."

"Yes, yes, I know all about Lucinda's skills. I always make sure she's paid well above anyone else in the same position elsewhere," he grinned. "My mother didn't raise any fools."

"Great, I'm very glad to hear it. Enjoy your mid-day."

"You, too, Riven. Close the door on your way out would you."

I went back up to the room to see about Faelyn's arm. As I entered the room she was staring out the window.

Again Riven entered without me hearing her until the door was closed. As I had been doing most of the morning, I was staring out the window watching the goings on outside.

A thought came to me and my curiosity got the best of me.

"Riven, you're a native here on Jho. Are there any legends surrounding the black box? So far there is a lot of mystery about it. No one seems to know exactly what it contains. All we know is that it will be instrumental in taking down Jadis. In your travels around, have you heard anything about it?"

I paused for a second and then chimed in again before Riven could answer me.

"My arm is throbbing something fierce. Is there something that you can do with it to stop the throbbing?"

Sarona was a little shocked as Riven left. That was one thing she hadn't expected. And being in a room alone with a stranger wasn't to her comfort either.

She removed the cloak quickly and backed away. "Can you do anything with it? I'd like to get back where I came from."

There were some advantages to being a vapor, Necunoscot admitted to himself. Although, raw sensation was somewhat dulled, physical feats that were unimaginable with a body were more than possible.

Elindra breathed him in. He permeated every crevice and opening of her body. He was inside of her... he was a part of her... He enveloped her and was enveloped by her. An endless circle of holding and being held... soothing and being soothed... loving and being loved.

Never had he felt so much. The emotional bond was intense... Enough, he imagined, to cut through Elindra's cool reserve. And that was his last rational thought for the time.

He lost himself to the pleasure. He lost himself completely... unsure of where he ended and Elindra began. Unsure, even, of who they were.

Mr. Harmonik took the cloak saying, "I'll have it ready in twenty minutes. You can wait if you like."

Back in his workshop gathering what he needed, Mr. Harmonik wondered what this seemingly terrified offworld child was doing so far from home. Not being any more prepared than she appeared to be you would have thought her parents would have kept her by their side. 'Well, none of my business. Just curiosity bubbling up.'

As the vampiric mist went into our body... something odd and unexpected happened. Just as Necunoscot and the body both Elindra and I shared to become almost seamlessly one, so did our two consciousnesses. Flooded with emotion and memory, we were no longer two warring entities but one very complex persona. Attributes of both of us remained. We were no longer Elindra or Runner... but someone new. Still existent was the odd love Elindra had shared with the vampire... and the hatred felt by seemingly all parties in the ship hung heavily. The over all intent was not to be understood as of yet... that was still a struggle, but for the moment, We will make new memories to share and cherish. This time we will ward them so never can we forget. Startling revelations would come later.

Walking over to Faelyn I checked the bandage; it looked good. "Thank you Great Creator."

"This looks good. Your arm is throbbing, but it isn't swollen. That means no infection. Let's put it in a sling to take the pressure off. Then I'll whip up a little something to take the edge off. I don't expect you're looking to take a nap. If so, just let me know," I said with a hint of a smile.

Rummaging through my rucksack I located a bit of cloth I had been saving and one of the ivory clay vials. Mixing up a quarter measure with a little of the juice that was left I handed it to Faelyn. Strapping her wounded arm up to a comfortable level I sat down at the table and thought for a couple of minutes about my answer to her question about the black box.

"There are myriad tales about a black box and what it might contain especially around small towns and villages where gossip is prevalent. Outside of work there would seem to be little to occupy their time and entertain them. Most of the outlying villages have a festival, carnival, fair, or gathering of some kind or other at least once a year. When the towns are clustered together they usually work together choosing a centrally located meeting place though there are exceptions to that rule."

"The major cities also have their annual this's, that's, and other things get togethers as well. I've been to both and find I prefer the smaller affairs. The people are friendlier and more apt to help each other as well as strangers with directions and what have you. I have tried to time my travels to coincide with as many of these festivals as possible. People have a tendency to spend more during such times than they might otherwise."

"As an example, Eriah celebrates the climate of Jho with the Arenicolous Festival. Arenicolous means growing, living, or burrowing in sand. Contests are held for all sorts of things such as best and largest plant specimens, best and largest animals, best recipes, and the like. They also include a contest for sand sculpture. It's the same types of things most gatherings of the type include the universe over; just skewed to fit the particular area and population."

"Hmm, it seems I've digressed from the original topic."

((lol... you digressed just a bit. :lol: I was wondering where she was going.

Nance, is anything going to come of Wanderer realizing that wasn't Adrian? If not, we'll hurry up and come back out.))

Adrian woke with a start and felt a shuddering come over him. Muttering, he took in those surroundings, "Den that kewk. She knew perfectly well.... Ship?"

"Petulant beast?"

"Well, your opinion of me is clear..."

"You viciously attacked me in an attempt at take over... and you threaten my passengers. Should I lavish you with love?"

"A ship with attitude... wonderful. What do they plan to do with me?"

"I am just a ship, Adrian. I do not know their plans for you... nor do I care to... as long as you are out of my rooms as soon as you can be."

"Amen to that."

"Is it not suitable in here for you? Hmm? You're not exactly a prisoner so I did try to make it somewhat comfortable in here for you." Adrian shuddered, "You are a Korchian, correct? I adjusted the temperature to be similar to your home planet."

"I have... traces of that, yes. But I am a very different race. My race was... lets say poorly cloned from the Fey."

"The faeries? So then I should adjust it similar to how Yen-"

"It's not the temperature it's the technology. The more advanced, the worse it is... and you are one of the most advanced technological units I have come across in my some odd thousand years."

"Don't try to flatter me. It won't work... perhaps we should kill you."

"I thought I wasn't a prisoner."

"You could be my prisoner... and they couldn't do anything."

"Yen could kill you easily."

"Yes... but then she'd be nowhere and you would be alive and teeming. Where is your vampiric friend?"

"I believe he is a mist."

"Where did he go."

"Leave me alone... you're giving me a headache and-" Adrian vomited bloody vile. Two droids came from the wall and cleaned it up. Adrian passed out... they had to roll him out of the vomit and clean him as well.

"Yen, Shaed, sorry to interrupt your... excursions, but it appears I have the same effect on our... prisoner... as Yen has on me. I do not appreciate bloody vomit on my floors... or anywhere else within me. So please take measures to get him out of here as soon as possible. You still have not responded to my previous message regarding the odor."

It was the shift in Elindra's conscious that startled Necunoscot out of his blissful reprieve. He would never have noticed it if he were in a material form. But now, as a mist, so intimately in contact with every square centimeter of Elindra's body, he was aware of the minute changes in pulse rate and respiration.

Something was happening to Elindra. Something that did not involve his current ministrations.

Necunoscot became terribly afraid. He would be quite vulnerable on this ship, should he lose Elindra's protection.

Well, there were still advantages to being a vapor, he thought with a ghostly smile. He separated off the barest wisp of mist -- no more than a fingernail, really, and sent it off in search of the ship's emotional core. The ship was proud, yes. It viewed itself, he knew, as the ultimate weapon. But the ship had no armaments.

He would feed the ship's insecurity a bit, subtly. He did not want to be noticed. The ship was caught up in ancient history, and believed vampires to be its enemy. He could make this ship great. He imagined himself shaking his head, clearing the distracting thoughts. No, he would start merely with feeding the ship's desire for powerful weaponry... weaponry that truly reflected the ship's great abilities.

He returned his full attention to Elindra... Runner. Runner, my dear, he whispered, his sending carrying the sharpness of a knife, I will not lose her again to your meddling...

Necunoscot was so taken aback by Not-Runner's/Not-Elindra's response that he could say nothing at all for several minutes.

In the end, he responded without thought... he coiled himself around her neck, tighter and tighter. He was not entirely sure, never having been strangled by a cloud himself, but he was fairly certain that it must be unnerving and probably at least mildly uncomfortable.

I do no trust you... whoever you are... I want Elindra! Powerful rage and lust ripped through him at the the thought of losing her. Involuntarily, his coils tightened around her neck, whoever she was. I would sooner kill you than lose Elindra to your foolishness, Runner!

Anger was overtaking fear, and Necunoscot began to think about blood. He felt it pulsing so near, each beat of her heart calling to him. He imagined his fangs sinking into her neck, feeling her hot blood wash over him, purifying him, strengthening him... Joining her to him for eternity. He licked his lips in anticipation -- or imagined that he did so. Just a little nick... right about there... He caressed the vein, nearly glowing under her pale skin. But, he could not consumate his desire without physical form. He howled inaudibly in frustration.

Before Lumi had any time to think, let alone answer Faelyn's question, Riven came back and they started to talk. Lumi didn't feel like interrupting. Riven tied Faelyn's arm to a sling.

As Riven finishes her story of the annual festivals, Lumi gets up and walks to Faelyn. "I can mend most wounds in matter of hours. The throbbing should subside if you let me have a go at it."

"And as for your earlier question, I have known the Elder most my life. We met at a crucial point in my life, when I had only arrived on this planet."

I snort. "Coulda told ya myself that stink didn' come from rat boy! Smells more like a corpse. More like..." My eyes widen as the thought hits me, my grip on Yen (In my arms, I'd been carryin' her ta my room) tightenin' reflexively. "...like a vampire!" Can ya blame me fer not recognizin' it right away? Haven't sniffed one o' those suckers since my days back in the gutters o' the Imperial Capital. "Wanderer, where is that gas now? Did ya vent it outta the ship?"

"Checking..." A short pause. "Curious. Ordinarily it would have been vented, but it appears the gas has moved on its own. It evaded the vents and is now concentrated in Runner's quarters."

"Crap! Vent it and alert Runner, now!" I'm off on all fours, fast as I can darn well move, almost oblivious to the small thump I hear behind me as somethin' hits the floor. One o' my friends is in danger, ya know!

"I will warn Runner, but she herself must vent the gas. She has engaged privacy mode in her quarters."

"Whatever." I didn't wanna hear excuses. I'd rip her damn door off and vent it manually if I had ta!

Our eyes enflamed as he tried to kill us and we flung him across the room, knowing very well his make up. Standing, we put out an arm, "effrego bindings quod habitum him ut suus negotium. negotium universa , vacuus obscurum is vadum exsisto." A bright but somehow tainted light shone from the middle of the mist before sending a pulse for miles around the ship. "I freed you. Get out."

We looked up and spoke, "Wanderer, the vampire came into my room... but I believe I destroyed him. Please tell Yen and Shaed what happened."

"Of course... we just realized he was the cause of the smell. He was a gas so... you may have missed him. Allow me to run a scan of the room?"

((I haven't fixed the grammar and the couple of words I couldn't remember... so I'll be editing this post. The latin phrase means: "break the bindings which hold him to his task. the task complete, free from darkness he shall be."))

((I need a little clarification, Marian. Did she just release (or attempt to release) Necunoscot from the curse that Jadis put on him? Or is she doing something else here?))

EDIT: ((Cool latin, by the way!))

((yes, she just released him. there's also the possibility of it healing him otherwise as well(meaning he could be a physical being again). very powerful light/shadow/psi magic in that spell.))