Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

Jho (city of Jermann) - Faelyn, Sarona, Lumiana, Riven Silver

(Since the Vamp has put us at twilight, I'm going to hurry us along through the day so we can be leaving when I finish posting. Sarona, I know you're busy so I'm going to put you back in the room ready to leave with us. If anyone has a problem with it I will edit. Just let me know.)

Riven had stepped out to put our lunch order in and as quickly was back. She set right to work to set my arm in a cloth so it wouldn't hang and throb anymore and I drank the potion she had made to take the edge off. All the while I was listening to her tell of the faires the local towns held each year. It was quite interesting to hear the goings on of the desert planet.

While she was talking our lunch arrived and we ate as she continued talking. Sarona arrived in time to eat a bite with us also. Riven had taken care to make sure Sarona had a non-meat dish to eat.

The talking lasted into the afternoon. Lumiana had told me she could heal my wound. It wouldn't hurt to let her try, what's the worst that could happen? Maybe my arm would fall off... nah. So I let her do her magic on me. Listening to her all the while telling me how she met the Elder.

(I'm going to post about hearing Renastere as soon as Riven has posted.)

"As I said, I digress. Ah... the tale of the black box. Some say it was brought by rich offworlders long ago, hidden deep within a range of mountains, protected by magic so no one could thieve it. Others say it contains demons locked in the box for eternity by the heros of the Universe. Then there are those who say it was the seed of an ancient race that no one wanted to see flourish again. There are others, however, they are less likely to be believed."

They all seemed to be mesmerized by my tales of the black box. It was getting late and twilight was upon us.

"We must be leaving soon. I'll see to getting us some dinner to take with us so we can eat along the way. Then I will go fetch my cloak from the tailor."

I grabbed my waterskins to take with me so I could get them refilled and I left to track down Lucinda.

It didn't take long to while away the hours listening to Riven's tales about the black box. Twilight was almost upon us.

As I looked out the window watching the hustle and bustle of the villagers going home I sensed a calling... was someone trying to contact me? I put up my beautiful scenery and thought of the deer eating the spring grass and opened up my mind to the calling.

It was Runner... however it didn't seem like Runner... she was calling herself Renastere... she has combined and has a new name. Renastere... you finally have a name... how odd how that has happened... we're doing okay. My arm is healing. Riven and Lumiana are taking care of it. The others are fine. The orbs for Wanderer are still intact and are fine. I have five of them, let her know I'm bringing them. She will be able to rebuild her weapons. We leave tonight for Firestorm. It will take us a couple of days to reach it. Once we retrieve the black box we will head back to Wanderer. I'm relieved that everything is under control for you all.

I was a little woozie from the potion so talking with Renastere seemed like a dream. The villagers were still busily going about their business.

Good, good. Heal swiftly... and I suppose it is an odd way to receive a name- this compromise. Rest assured, Wanderer will be waiting for her orbs. Breaking off contact, I spoke, "Wanderer, Faelyn has your orbs and they will be coming back with them as soon as they get the black box for Elder. They are doing well... Wanderer, have you found any trace of that vampire yet?"

My heart raced for a second before I brought it back under control, "No, nothing of him or his movements. Either you killed him or he understood my inner workings better than I and was able to escape. But do not fear, I doubt it is the latter."

Guess everything's goin' nice'n smooth! Heh, not a bad change after all the rough times we been through, ya know? "We're waitin' here so the Arrow won't blow us out of the sky, or somethin' like that, right? Any chance Wanderer'll be able to make a quick trip 'cross the surface o' the planet once they find the box? Be a heckuva lot easier on 'em savin' 'em the return trip, and the faster we get those weapons hooked up..."

"Hmm... well, when we were waiting because of the Arrow... it was because there were people on the ship. But now we have one in our hold... and the other is either dead or highly vulnerable right now. I think we might be able to make the ship... Yen?" I looked up, trying to figure out why the well-spoken, opinionated faery hadn't spoken up yet.

Necunoscot sat quietly for a time, resting his back against a rock, enjoying the feeling of rock and sand, fresh blood. It was good to be... himself again.

His mind wandered and he felt blessedly free. The curse was lifted. Adrian's subtle and not-so-subtle psychic manipulations were far removed. Elindra had told him he could return to the ship, but he found himself beginning to doubt her. She was not Elindra... she was Renastere, and her loyalties were yet to be tested... He was not at all sure that returning to her ship was a wise idea...

...not when The Arrow was available.

Oddly enough, though he trusted Renastere less than Elindra, though his emotional bond was much weaker, the link was easier now. She had chosen the name he offered. They had a bond.

Renastere, my dear. I'm afraid that it would not be wise for me to return to your ship at this time. I cannot live in the shadows of a ship that hates me... and such a small crew... Are you planning on feeding me from your own neck?

Lumiana took out a pouch from her bag, and started to prepare a poultice for Faelyn. When it was done, she undid Faelyn's bandage and placed the mixture on her arm, then redid the bandage.

"It'll have to be there for a few hours, but then your arm will be healed. It should not cause you any more trouble."

Ah, have you already forgotten my blood, love? Feeding you from myself would not harm me in the least... even when we took multiple bags from me, there was not a hint of lightheadedness. I suppose my sister took more from you than I thought... Jadis. A sudden hate filled me and one solitary thought became shared with every mind I had ever touched, She must die.

Finding Lucinda in the kitchen I ordered sack dinners for the group specifically asking for something without meat for Sarona. Lucinda would take them up to the room when she finished putting them together. I made my way over to the tailor shop, picked up my cloak, and made my way back to our room at the inn. It would be about time to get on the road when I arrived.

((Woah, why am I absent? Is it okay if I just go with Faelyn did bring me back to the room, like she stated in her earlier post? I don't think she'd take that long to get back to the inn. Sorry about my inactivity here. Life really is nuts lately, though things are beginning to slow down now. I should have more time.))

I could never forget your blood, my love. It is the stuff of dreams.

Was she really offering him her neck? He did not think she would be able to betray him if they had joined in that way. But then again, it could be a trap. Did he dare to test her?

Renastere, I would love to taste your blood. But how do you propose to get me back on your ship undetected? Why don't you join me and we can travel in mine?

(I did put you back in the room, it's been so long since anyone has posted that Riven forgot. I had to go back and read my post because I couldn't remember. This seems to be going way to slow. Just my opinion. I'll post that I see you on your bed, covered in your cloak.)

Sarona had been quiet since she got back to the room. She was huddled on her bed, draped in her cloak, almost invisible... seems to be what she wanted.

Riven was back and Lumiana had fixed my arm. It was feeling much better. I'd keep the sling on until we were on the road. Dinner time would be time enough to check it.

Just then there was a knock on the door. Dinner had arrived so we could be on our way. I opened the door and had Lucinda put the packages on the table.

"Thank you Lucinda, you've been so very helpful. I'm sure you have packed us a feast by the looks of the packages. It's been a pleasure staying here and meeting you. Thanks again for all you've done."

"You're quite welcome. It was my pleasure. It's always good to see happy customers. That's what I strive for. You take care on your journey."

"We will, and thanks again."

With a nod she was gone. Taking a look at the packages, one was wrapped differently. That one must be Sarona's. I took one of the others and packed it safely in my pouch.

"Okay, ladies, grab your dinner. Shall we be on our way?"

((Okay, got it.))

She got up from the bed, slowly. She wasn't even quite sure where they were headed. Of course, it was most likely mentioned... Either she hadn't been paying attention, or she forgot.

Her hand slipped out from underneath her cloak long enough to take the pack. "Thank you," she murmured, even though she knew Faelyn hadn't made it. "I'm ready to go."

Haven't heard from my sexy woman in a while. That's strange, ya know? Usually she's more'n willin' ta offer a piece o' her mind! I wonder what a Jhozian captain'd do in a situation like this? Hrm, would a Jhozian captain hafta wear a uniform? What about the tail? Do the officers get special tail holes? I like holes, they usually got tasty little critters in 'em. Rabbits are nice, 'specially cooked in elgarrae sauce...

"Hey Terri, d'ya happen ta know how ta make stuffed rabbit al'elgarrae?" I blink. "Wanderer, d'we even got any rabbit or elgarrae aboard?"

Lumi grabbed her pack and put it in her bag.

"Is your hand feeling better?" she asked Faelyn.

((Sorry for the short post. I am very busy right now and was pressured into making this post. :P No worries, Patricia, jk))

(If there were no worries, Mae, then you wouldn't have felt you needed to make the ooc about being pressured and bring it to the attention of everyone in this RP. Not to mention, using my name so everyone knew I asked you to post and you felt pressured.

Truth be known, you were in the chat room. I dare say you weren't even thinking of checking to see if you needed to post to this RP which you committed to when you joined. That means checking everyday and seeing if you need to post.

This rp is lagging again and I for one am losing interest. I had hoped to get this side of the rp moving again so we could get out of the inn and onward to the valcano. We've been at this inn since the end of February. It's now the middle of May.

This is the last time I ask anyone to post. We're moving forward, anyone not posting is going to be left behind to catch up on their own. And that's all I have to say about that.)

(Patricia, you are not the only one who has lost interest in this RP and if memory serves it was your arm that was injured in the fight with the Cefiyeans rather than your hand.)

"Since there has been no objection raised to the plan I outlined nor other routes suggested I'm going to assume everyone agrees with my plan. The route I will be taking is Falon to Brasewater to Halishine to Wyrmrider's Tear and on to Redpoint and Firestorm."

Donning my cloak and picking up my rucksack I headed for the door and the trail beyond Jermann.

((I really didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry I even made a comment. Unfortunately tone isn't seen in text. And yes, I had checked this thread, and was getting to it when I had the time to do so. A chat is very different than posting on a forum, since you can stop it at a moment's notice which I may well have had to do here if one of the young folk needed my attention. And, please, do not tell me off for lagging the game. There have been at least two times when I have been waiting for your response for at least four days, to notice that when you actually have responded, you and Riven have had a long two-way conversation (at 3am my time when I have been fast asleep) where things have ended up in a completely different place. Sometimes when making a comment, it is important to look in the mirror first. I do not deserve such hostility.

And as for the arm hand distinction: English is not my native language, so you will have to read the meaning in stead of the words at some places (in my native language, if you say hand, it can also mean arm). I have found that sometimes flexibility in this RP is slightly lacking, and I, too, am getting bored of that. So yes, this is me standing up for myself. You may call me whatever nasty name you wish, but that doesn't change anything. This is how I feel.))

((sorry, I've been absent guys. I'm not able to access any forums right now at home. something's messed up with the internet. i can access just text things like an online PDF or places like youtube... but I had to convince the parentals to take me to the library so I could get on. >.<))

"No, I don't know how to make that, Shaed... I'd be interested to try it though..." Necunoscot's thought reached me, Perhaps I could slip away for a time... say Faelyn and her group needed our help and I needed the run. But I can't abandon them. I've grown attached to their little quirks.

Wanderer's voice reverberated like a yawn throughout the hull of the ship, vibrating in the corridors,

"There is a rare species of three-eared jack rabbit with a water hump similar to a camel that can be found outside in the desert. I'm not sure how tasty they are.....but if you catch one it can be prepared to your liking."

Yen heard the ship answer Shaed and turned up her nose. His culinary desires were certainly bizarre, but she liked his reactions on a full tummy. More energy is better, for just about everything.....she grinned, wondering if Renastere would eat the same recipe.

"Are you going out there again to hunt, darling?" she asked the Jhozian.