Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

Ha, ha do whatever ya want, but DON'T kill Tek-Zem, or I'll spank yer behinds....

A dead Queen would create a colony emergency tryin' to replace 'er, wouldn't it? :o

So, come on outa there, and help us deal with the vampire, then. Ummm... bring those continuum globes, tho.

The DM spread looks great...I'm all for it.

This setup suits me well enough. I'm happy to DM scenes with Imperials, ideas on little disconnected bits of story are already floating around in my devious skull! :mwah:

Cefiyaen tunnels - Faelyn, Sarona, Tek-Zem, Lennie, Riven Silver

I'm going to wait until Monday morning to see if MW posts. MW if you come on you need to get the queen killed off and all the Cefiyaens in a panic. We'll leave at that point out the way we came. I wish you well in all your endeavors!

Looking around, I was satisfied that everyone had enough to eat so I stopped cooking and started cleaning up. I had filled the dip in the marble with water which Tek had heated and I started clean-up duty.

Sarona had answered my question. She didn't have any weapons. Her earth magic would be sufficient. Hopefully she was right. We didn't know what we were going to encounter along the way to see the Queen, or how many.

My head was reeling with all the possibilities. All I could think about was getting out of there as quickly as possible and on to our mission. We needed the black box and Wanderer needed the orbs. One down, one to go.

Riven had walked up asking for a refill on her waterskin. The air to water converter was still on the marble slab so I moved over to it and with Riven watching I flipped the switch and the thing started humming. Slowly it started filling with water again. It should be ready in a short while.

In the mean time I went back to clean-up duty. Once I was finished, I went and checked my pouch and pack to make sure everything had been put back.

((Ok so I guess we should wrap this up now...? I came up with a little backstory on what happens to the Queen, so here goes:

The vamp picks up the psychic messages between Faelyn and Runner, and he can roughly pinpoint their location, so he decides to feed them a little psionic assault as well. And also with all the Cefiyaens and their mental links, it interferes with the attack meant for Faelyn, and instead the assault is diverted towards the Queen, with her mind as a homing beacon, causing her to die mysteriously. It makes sense since she has about a thousand psychic connections with all the Cefiyaens, her mind must be a pretty complicated piece of machinery that somehow interferes with Andrich's signal.

So the Queen dies. And who do the Cefiyaens wrongly accuse? The outlanders, who are, in their eyes, the only beings nearby that are capable of evoking such power. So this forces Faelyn and her group to leave. With or without Tek-Zem? Just my suggestion...))

((make sure to tell runner when you guys start leaving... ;) It'd be kinda awkward for her to go ok it's time you can go now and for Fae to reply back umm... we kinda already left... there was something happening and well... yeah. We're already out. :lol: though that would be funny. ;)))

Swimming in a private lake, none around to see what my suitings... or lack there of. I relaxed, letting the gentle waves pass over me as a drifted in the cold caring fingers that helped me stay afloat in the water. Natural lakes were better than those forced to happen. The currents could be your lovers touch or the anger and bitterness you held... both needed to be felt outside when all were gone... both needed to be dealt with both alone and with one you loved.

A house of glass with furniture like a menagerie spread inside where all could see but none but me could see for all that was was I for I was all that was.

Thoughts drifted past me, swept away and kept away by the same gentle flow of tears and love that kept me at bay there in the pool of loving languish. Barely touching, they were gentle memories of guitar strings once strung upon the sheet- paints once flung across the pallet- clay once formed into a lump.

We're coming now and the world shattered, all souls screamed, and something inside made me- laugh.

My eyes flung open, my hands to the side by my head and I hurt. From conflict from heart break, my scars were unseen but fully there, aware, and burning, "Wanderer, inform Yen and Shaed there's been another intrusion... nay... warning. Adrian and Tremere are on their way."

((Hmmm ok I think I get it... I think we have to wait abit more before deciding what happens to the Cefiyaens, and maybe get in touch with Mae and things like that, so I'll just post according to the usual plan first? About our anule.))

"I have slept comfortably, my female. Thank you for your concern." Routinely, I bowed in Faelyn's general direction, my eyestalks catching what she was doing in the process.

I watched inquisitively as the female began rubbing the toxic water all over her chambers... I wondered if this had any practical purpose, or if it were simply a 'figurehead' sort of ritual, mainly meant for display purposes?

Just then, the pragmatic Riven Silver cut into my study of the females' behaviour with her query.

"I believe the anule should be ready by now. Or the scientists should have attempted to duplicate it by now, in any case... I shall go check."

--------------------------------------------------

I returned with a healthy sample of the silvery powder, contained in a spectacularly massive diamond jar that had been provided by the researchers. I could barely keep the vessel upright with my two lower hands.

"They are pleased with the chemical, and they wish to convey their thanks to you, my females." I signed with my two free appendages, before setting the healthy helping of substance on the granite table for the group of envoys.

((o.O I just realized there were NINE metaphors in that last post of mine... not to mention that awesome bit of nonsense... man I love the Beatles. XD I've been watching/listening to Across the Universe like I'm getting a fix by doing so.))

I watched as Faelyn simply flipped a switch to start the air-to-water converter. I had been thinking it would be a bit more complicated than that. Not knowing how it actually worked I supposed I would have to leave it behind if it ever became inoperable.

"Thank you, Faelyn, for the demonstration."

Moving over to the bed I had occupied during my rest I pulled the converter Faelyn gave me out of my rucksack, placed it on the small table beside it, and started it up. I had an empty skin with me as well as the one which needed topping off. There was no point in waiting longer than necessary to get that chore done.

As I turned from the table Tek-Zem was returning with the anule. It appeared the Cefiyaen was having difficulty keeping the jar he was holding upright; it must be fairly heavy. We would have to divide it up in order to carry it comfortably. I had a few empty jars and a good supply of smallish leather sacks, however, unless the others in our party had containers we would be leaving a goodly portion behind.

"Your researchers are welcome. I appreciate their duplication of the anule in so short a time. Thank you, Tek-Zem, for your intermediary services. They are appreciated as well."

Turning back to my rucksack I started pulling out clay jars and leather sacks.

Magic - A suggestion, you could leave with us and when you know for sure you won't be on then you can just decide you've gone far enough or that you want to scout out a nearby village for other aliens.

Marian - When is Mae going to be ready to step in?

Noticing Tek-Zem looking at me with that quizzical look it gets sometimes I answered it's look with, "I'm washing the dishes. We don't have fungi to clean them and we need to use them over again." With what I assumed was Tek raising an eyebrow it turned it's attention elsewhere and then left.

I continued cleaning up and checking on the water maker. It was almost done so I went to check my packs. It was hard not worrying about the others. From all I knew of the vamps they were going to have a run for their money. I know Shaed is strong and Runner is fast, and at the same time. the powers of the vamps were strong. I just hoped all of them came out of it alive.

My thoughts must have taken me to another place. I hadn't realized how much time had gone by. Just then Tek was back with the powder Riven needed. It was in what looked to be a beautiful diamond jar. Riven and Tek exchanged thank-you's and Riven started taking out clay jars and leather sacks. She must need to break it down into smaller amounts to make it easier to carry or use.

"Riven, if you need any assistance with the anule or the jar, I can carry the rest for you. My pack has a strange magical power to it. It can hold a lot of things and weight. It is practically weightless on my back. Just let me know."

"Lennie, will you be able to travel? How's your leg doing?" She had taken the brunt of the acid and her leg was now banaged, thanks to Riven.

"Sarona, will you be ready to travel soon? I think we need to get going pretty soon."

With that I continued to situate my own belongings.

"Wanderer, inform Yen and Shaed there's been another intrusion... nay... warning. Adrian and Tremere are on their way."

Wanderer replayed the Runner’s voice on the intercom in Yen’s quarters.

“Oh, no, not again.” She whispered in her Jhozian lover’s ear, and then a few moments later…

“Get me a new uniform, space brain, and promptly, make sure it meets all the specs of the one I was just wearing…”

Her lips were silenced, captured by Shaed’s, passionately intent on unfinished love making before the enemy arrived to catch them, prepared or not.

I watched Faelyn continue cleaning silently... How strange that they would use a toxic liquid like water to remove filth... I would stick with my fungi.

"You are welcome, females..." I gestured, before preparing myself to divide the samples of anule evenly amongst them.

At that moment, a horrible noise burst into life, tearing at my central core incessantly with its disharmonic resonance. The perpetual lament spoke of pain, of suffering and of invasive probing at its worst. Alien forces from outside were tearing into our world, ripping apart the very fundamental structure of our colony.

Then there was silence.

"... The Queen has shut down." I explained to the females, before realising that I had collapsed onto the ground in a rather uncomfortable position, the jar of anule still intact thanks to the incredible integrity of its material, but now lying on its side, on the translucent orange floor. With some difficulty, I righted myself, letting the information sink in. I habitually placed the container of alien chemicals back onto the granite table, before turning to face our envoys, shuddering.

"Did... you do this?" My eyes fell from one female to the next in turn. It was clearly non-conclusive and pointless to have asked such a question, but I somehow felt responsible for possibly playing a part in Mul-Ras' demise... If these females had indeed assasinated her somehow... I was the one who had let them in, given them a chance to strike at the pillars of our civilisation and render it helpless and in chaos.

((Sorry if its too early... I can edit if needed. Or delete. Oh and Tek will be confused initially. Imagine having your brain taken away or something. XD And then he might rebel and follow you guys, or work with the other Cefiyaens to maybe try to kill you... In any case you'd better run soon...))

Rising from my bed, I quickly made my way to the control room, not bothering to shower or change, "Wanderer, can you give me any visual?"

"No, Runner, not yet... they are still about two hours away."

"Alright... warn us when they get within your viewing distance... I think all of us will be able to see them then as well."

"As you wish, Runner..." her sentence seemed like an unfinished thought.

"What?"

"The maintenance bay is still quite... obviously full of armaments."

I groaned, "Right... Once Yen and Shaed are ready to join the world, tell them to meet me in the maintenance bay. We'll be cleaning up."

"Of course, Runner."

-----

"She knows we're coming now."

"You are sure this will give us the advantage?"

"We intimidate them, sir."

"As well we should," the vampire's grin seemed a vile snake across his face as they galloped off from a stable.

((Ok, so assuming Adrich didn't bring desert breed equines with him, just how is he riding out to meet us? It might be important, if his transportation has any kind of armament.))

((Hold up, those things are only found at Aeruillin! Just how are we to believe that any have made their way to this sand ball in the middle of nowhere?))