Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

((lol. silly, pap, they can't keep ANYTHING off each other. I'm gonna have to whip 'em again.))

Regaining my consciousness, I groaned, "Oh, GODS! Get a room in the inn or something! Geez!" They were one seat away, slightly leaning toward me in their only slightly restrained passion. As if I weren't claustrophobic in this industrial tin can anyway. I realized too late I'd thought that too loudly. My mind was exhausted.

(@papierce & MarianFrae -you 2 know what's good for ya, gettin' to ya are we? lol)

Oh, GODS!

The Runners exclamation caught Yen and Shaed mid-embrace, and looking over her shoulder, Yen stayed put answering her,

"Oh,good....you're OK, but....ummm, I don't suppose you'll be unconcious another few minutes?"

Lowering her head to Shaed's shoulder she murmurered in his ear "I think this is becoming a habit of hers, but I don't think we should just ignore her." She made an effort to settle down, waiting for him to do the same, and as quietly as possible, trying not to arouse him any further she thought, I guess it's back to work....

I muttered, "Habit. Pft. If they weren't doing things all over the place- leaving who wants to know what...." Trailing off into unintelligible(even to me) grumblings, I walked off toward the maintenance room.

((You guys are disgusting. XD Eating callouses and things. Eeegh! ))

I watched, intrigued, as the gathering of females began eating strange organs. But they all looked unscathed, so I assumed that they had severed non-vital parts of their body... Resourceful.

The huge female seemed to consider this deeply, but I knew that she could find no fault, since the females had complied with all the conditions given.

"Very well. The second task has been completed! Now for the third..."

There was another change of Firewatcher shifts, and this time a flame that was bright fuschia in colour sprouted from the ashes of the ochre pyre...

"To stand up against the impossible by co-operation at the highest level. We may be weak when divided, but collaboration gave birth to our civilisation. United, we can craft miracles in the visage of adversity..."

"Please proceed below, into the testing chambers."

A drone placed its lower-left palm outstretched towards the ground, and a good patch of stone was pulled backwards to reveal a coarse ramp of granite, descending into a room that was decidely humid... Tez-Mar beckoned the group of females forward.

Yen whispered "The last time we were this close, the door was locked, what does she mean, all over the place?" she laughed softly "She should have let us alone the first time."

Reluctantly, she sat back a few inches away from him and said "Shall we join her, before she sends droids to drag us down there?"

I give a dissappointed grunt as Yen pulls away, lookin' for the source o' the problem in a mild daze. Course it ain't that hard ta guess, ya know? My head clears a bit and my tail smacks the recliner lever, again without me thinkin' 'bout it at all. The chair shoots upright, and woulda sent Yen flyin' away if I hadn't caught her. I bring the appendage 'round where I can see it, glarin' at it hard. It gives an involuntary twitch as if to say, Don't look at me, I'm just a tail!

"Eh, right. Work time." I stand, liftin' Yen and settin' her down in front o' me. "Better ta be prepared, I wanna scrap that vamp good for all the constant interruptions he's throwin' our way!" I say, turnin' and headin' out ta the hall, my tail trailin' along Yen's left hand as I go.

Cefiyaen tunnels - Faelyn, Sarona, Tek-Zem, Lennie, Riven Silver

I pondered Sarona's question for a few seconds, not knowing what to expect when we went down into the hole in the ground. Hard to imagine what could be worse than what we already went through; however, I'm sure Tez-Mar has something up her sleeve.

"I guess we go down into the hole, Sarona. Doesn't seem like we have too much of a choice at this point unless we want to start a brawl with these Cefiyeans."

Thinking again I came up with a plan. "I'll go first since I have the rifle. You follow me Sarona. Lennie, you follow Sarona. And Riven, you catch our backs since you have your quarterstaff. Sound good to everyone?"

They all nodded in agreement so I proceeded towards the hole with everyone following. I reached the coarse ramp of granite and started my descent. There was cool damp air coming from the hole and it was dark. It took my eyes a while to focus so I could see. Even after my eyes had fully adjusted I could not make out what was down here in the hole.

"Wanderer, please ready some of those bullets- reusable this time if you can."

"Of course, Runner." Shortly, one of Yen's guns came from the wall and a load of foam-like bullets was produced. Each bullet held some colored goo. Loading the gun, I awaited the others.

Cefiyaen tunnels - Faelyn, Sarona, Tek-Zem, Lennie, Riven Silver

"Your plan is a good one. Let us proceed."

We started down the granite ramp with Faelyn in the lead while I kept an eye on anyone following behind us. The cool moist air was very pleasant after the heat of the gem walk. The ramp was rather long; the farther we traveled the darker it became. Once we reached the end of the ramp I engaged the energy of my staff to light the gem at its tip. What a sight was revealed by the low soft glow.

"Interesting."

I stroll inta the maintenance bay ta see Runner loadin' up one o' the special rifles with gel bullets. I look over the thing, a bit put off. "Are we talkin' target practice? Gotta warn ya, I've never used one o' those things before."

"Then you'll have to adjust the sights on yours, and learn to load it." Yen was right behind him, a little surprised that the Runner had the rifle.

She waited to see what Runner had in mind.

"These will not hurt any of us. Especially not you, Shaed. I am the quickest 'draw' of the three of us. You are going to try and deflect the bullets with your mind. First, you are going to hold a bullet until you know everything about it. Then, I will begin shooting at you. I will shoot all over your body and many bullets will be coming at you. We want for you to be able to deflect them. I will also be doing this... but I'm faster and more random than Wanderer is so it's best that you practice with me shooting. This isn't target practice per say. This is pin point Psi survival." I held out my hand, proffering two bullets.

(a hint - when you are dealing with new psionics, who probably don't know what they can do themselves, startling them into an instinctive reaction sometimes reveals their abilites. Like when Yen jumped, and found her claws. However, not every psi can do the same things, and not in the same way, I'm not too sure Yen can dodge bullets, although I suspect Shaed and Runner could, having natural swiftness on their side...)

Yen looked skeptical, "I really should be reconfiguring some of the coding on the microrobots, why do you think that I can deflect bullets? I doubt I can shape-shift, either!" she smiled, "but I can do this." taking one of the real diamond coated bullets Tek-Zem had made, and extending her mental nails, she held it between thumb and index finger, neatly slicing it in half, as easily as Shaed had ripped the metal plate out of the floor.

She smiled "Looks like I'm going to be as difficult as Shaed to keep in the brig, now!

(not avoiding- telepathy)

"Deflecting the bullets with your mind is the same as deflecting another mind. Once we get to the psychic level, everything is the same. We may not all be able to do that thing with the bullet you just did or you guys may not be able to do telekinesis as I can. But if you can't deflect the bullet- then you can't protect yourself with Psi against Adrian and you would both need to go back to the normal ways for Blind Ones."

"Hmmm?" Yen replied, "the data never mentioned anyone being 'blind', they were refered to as 'sleepers', where did you get the term 'Blind Ones'?"

She was simply curious, obviously the Runner had come up with some information she had missed.

She added,

"I suppose I can try deflecting the bullets, but I honestly don't understand how that can protect me from Adrian's mind...oh, well, it can't hurt anything."

"Which would you think would be easier for the mind to deflect? Something physical or something mental? I tapped into some of the Other's memories. She studied about Psi exclusively- experimenting with herself and with Adrian. They call those whose Third Eye is closed: blind."

Blockin' bullets with my mind? Hells, I don't even know if I'm a telekinetic yet! "Eh, right. Look, before ya go makin' a nice piece o' modern artwork outta me, lemme at least do some experimentin' o' my own." I stride over ta the spot where I'd been practicin' balance with the little balls, findin' them all still layin' about. Heh, seems wanderer can be a slob too when it wants ta.

"Hrm..." I focus on a single ball, thinkin' about it rising into the air. Then I try thinkin' about liftin' it physically. Then I try thinkin' about it already bein' up in the air. No matter how I concentrate, nothin' gives up the slightest effect. I shake my head. "It's no good. One o' you mind sharin' your thoughts with me a tic while ya do a bit o' telekinesis? Might help me figure this thing out."

"So Adrian thinks 'sleepers' are blind, or at least calls them that...hmm, well,they're not...

too much psionic activity disturbs 'sleepers', and can cause them to react strangely and bring out odd behavior...some psis count on that, never attempting to control 'sleepers' directly, just causing chaos, occasionally even riots and such."

Yen sifted through what she had read.

"That's one reason the effort was put into developing mechanical tracking devices, to prevent certain psi talents from manipulating masses of 'sleepers'. It wouldn't make sense to consider them 'blind', if that were the case, there would be no way to influence them."

"I think it would be easier to deflect something mental...., I still don't understand how thoughts relate to objects, tho....an Attack is an actual physical attack using Psionic means, like me slicing the bullet..., a Suggestion is a pure thought, similar to hypnotism, and a Proof is a lie manipulating the senses."

She thought a moment.

"You're trying to teach us to defend against Attacks, then...or possibly Proofs, if the sense of touch is involved causing false pain?"

She turned to Shaed, "Telekenisis requires something to move the object with, like Runner's mental tail, and my psi claws" she extended them for him to see, then reached out, nudging one of the metal balls, without touching it. Scratches appeared on the surface.

"Deflecting the bullets isn't telekinesis. If you then moved them somewhere, it would be telekinesis. Stepping in front of a moving bullet and it stopping is not making it move. That's all I'm asking you to do. Block it. Know the bullet and block it."