Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

Startled at the Runner's exclamation, Yen instinctively folded her wings, they flipped together behind her back, then folded downward neatly, almost disappearing from view.

"I don't know, probably the same place you got a tail!" Yen giggled, eyeing Shaed again to see if he had grown any other mental attributes. There was some kind of aura around him, she couldn't tell what it was...

Wanderer Maintenance Bay - Shaed, Yen, Runner

I glance over as Runner calls out ta me, notin' with only mild surprise that Yen seems ta have grown wings. Heh, the both of 'em are likely ta end up lookin' like the creature from planet X at this rate. "Ya mean keep my thoughts ta myself? Tsk, you're hurtin' my feelins!" I give her a grin, but still turn my attention on seein' both her psi and my own. I close my two eyes, usin' only the third, and envision a protective shell 'round my body. Energy shifts, collectin' and gradually formin' up inta a loose barrier.

(@Everace - lol, are ya editing and givin' me deja vue? I swear I saw the above post on the page before this one... :o)

"Yes, a long prehensilepsi tail!" still laughing, Yen's wings unfold again, fanning and sending the stray foam bullets swirling across the metal floor.

Cefiyaen tunnels - Faelyn, Sarona, Tek-Zem, Lennie, Riven Silver

It appearing that Sarona would only be looking out for herself I offered my cape. Faelyn helped me take it off since it had sleeves and I needed one hand on the staff at all times. The shield dome was now covered with the acidic mucous; visibility was zero. The impact from the fungus was still in front of me so I knew it hadn't moved. "We need to revise the plan a bit. We could use a bit of air magick to blast the mucous on the dome up and away from us. Can any of you supply that?"

Cefiyaen tunnels - {b}Faelyn{/b}, Sarona, Tek-Zem, Lennie, Riven Silver

When Riven offered her cape I helped her take it off so she didn't have to take her hand off her staff. I handed it to Lennie to hold for us. When Riven asked about wind magick I hesitated for a second. It had been a long time since I had had the opportunity to use it.

"I can help with the wind magick. I'll need a few minutes to set myself ready. When the dome comes down I will blow the mucusy goop up and out with gusts of wind. As soon as I cast the wind Lennie you cover you and I with Riven's Cloak. Sarona, you need to keep yourself covered."

I pause to think some more. "Riven, I'm ready when you are."

"No, I mean try to keep my thoughts away... is that a shield? And, Yen... please stay out of my thoughts. I don't want to have to block you too."

I grunt in acknowledgement, the barrier shiftin' slightly with my altered intentions. My tail twithces idly, passin' in'n out of the thing... good thing I'm not tryin' ta block bullets with it.

(Ah, yah, I edited it into my longer post when I saw that Marian and I had posted at roughly the same time. Wasn't quite quick enough to catch her eye, though, so I figured it'd be easier to edit it back out and post it seperately.)

My physical eyes open, a bit confused. "Suppose I could try... ya want me ta see if I can keep your thoughts away from Yen instead?"

"Sarona, that's the best we have right now unless you can help with your earth magick."

I trace a claw idly through the incorporeal mental barrier. "Don't think it'll do much good for that, hun. Somethin' ta stop bullets, huh? Suppose I could try ta disintegrate them with psi guided fire magic, but that'd just make one heckuva alot more dangerous cloud o' superheated bullet vapor." Besides which, I ain't even sure I can heft that kinda mental clout in the first place.

"Sarona, can you drop that thing in a hole in the ground? One it can't get out of for at least 15 minutes? We could certainly use the help if you can."

"Sarona, you helped move the wall and stablize it in the tunnels. And you helped divert the sandstorm and then covered up the rest of our tracks into the portal. You aught to be able to move enough earth to drop that thing in a hole and possibly cover it over with dirt. Sarona, I know you can help us with this."

Sarona had been quiet and to herself since I met her. I was hoping with all hope that she would find the strength inside herself to at least try.

"Sarona, the worse that could happen is that you try and it doesn't work. If it fails we still have Riven's option."

"Having done the things Faelyn has mentioned you should have no problem dropping a lowly fungus into a deep pit. Will you help us Sarona?"

They didn't need to gang up on here. She got it. "I could try... So you want to put it in a hole? That probably wouldn't be too difficult..."

((Can she work through the shield, or does it stop magic too? That was why Riven wanted it down, right?))

Riven couldn't get the vial through the shield, but that other helper thing which is magic could go through the shield. So it should be able to be done. Faelyn gives Sarona a warm hug for the ganging up part. ;)

"Yes, if you could put it in a hole and cover it with dirt. Kinda like flipping a hot cake, take the dirt and flip it so the fungus is in the hole and the dirt is on top.

We need to subdue it for 15 minutes. If the dirt is on top then it would have to dig out and we could cut the tenticles off as it started digging. I think that should work."

"Alright, since Sarona has agreed to bury the fungus our plan needs to be revised a bit. Once she wields her magick temporarily I won't have to worry about fighting it. We will, however, need to get rid of the 'goop,' as Faelyn names it, covering the dome as well as neutralize it. This is going to take pretty good timing so we need to work as a team. Sarona is right about material not being an effective barrier IF the mucous remains acidic. My hope is that the whirlwind created by feliz will neutralize all of it so it won't be a problem. However, I cannot guarantee that. There are too many variables over which I have no control, but it is the best that we have to work with. Does anyone have any other ideas to throw into the mix for consideration?"

"I don't have anything to add. I think it's probably the best we can do with what we have to work with. I'm good on this end."

The wind, the earth, and modern ingenuity and science. These females were beginning to impress me with their formidable, yet somewhat exotic strategy... Tez-Mar was staring impatiently in their direction, every molecule of silicate twitching antsily.

"Tell the females to make haste." She gestured to me, and I translated.

Moving dirt wasn't new. It was simple actually. Flipping it over the creature wasn't going to be.

It was going to take a bit to move the dirt out from under the creautre little bit by little bit, but forcing larging amounts would take more strength...

She sighed to herself, pulled her cloak tighter, and started moving it aside like a shovel would have done, pulling it from under the creature and away. It wasn't as bad as she thought...

Before long it was dropped in a hole, and she was backing up tightening her cloak around herself.