Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
MarianFrae

Charon 5 (official)

I have volunteered to make this post. It has come to my attention that several people are unhappy with how the rp is being run, this includes me as well. I understand we've been waiting since before Christmas for a person to play the Vampire role. No one from the ship has posted since 2/13. That's seven days. The rp seems to be at a standstill where the crew onboard the ship are concerned.

We all voted for Marian_Frae, now MarianFrae, to be the DM because she has great leadership skills and can keep the ball rolling. Since that time she has taken on quite a bit more. The things on her plate that I know of are her stories (3-4), rps (4), editor of the newspaper and moderator of the newspaper forum, not to mention her school in real life, homework, and her health. That's not a bad thing, and at the same time, players feel she has spread herself too thin.

Because of all the things MarianFrae has going on, several players feel it has started taking away from the rp. With MarianFrae being so involved in so many other areas it is impossible to show this rp the attention that it deserves at this point. We have struggled several times and suceeded in carrying on. No one wants to see the rp fall to the last page of the Hungry Boar.

So, with that said, I have been asked to call for a vote for a new DM. If there needs to be discussion then lets do it and move to voting.

Our choices are:

MagicWielder (Who will be leaving shortly to do his studies and join his countries military for 3 years thereafter.)

Everace

OneFeather

Basset

Riven

Papierce

Another matter I think we need to take care of is to decide what to do with Jolien's character. She hasn't posted since before Christmas or farther back than that. The last post she made was back in the Village on the planet we're on now. We were trying to get something to eat and I offered her some meat. Her next post said:

Jolien

Just assume I'm still with you.. Bit busy with the testing... 0.o

That post was made while we were going to rescue Runner. She hasn't posted since. I have the recovered pages from the crashed site and there aren't any missing pages between the two posts. At the very least she needs to be left somewhere where we can come back for her when she rejoins the site.

The comments made here are in no way meant to hurt anyone. It is, what it is. The fun has ceased for many of us and it's not fair to the group or the rp. We need to get these two situations taken care of as quickly as possible so we can get on with the rp and having fun.

I think either papierce or Rivensilver would have the most time to devote to our wayward RP.

I also think we should each DM a particular area or planet in Charon 5, like MagickWielder is doing in the Cefayaen tunnels. I would be OK with handling the Moon of Charon 5, I have backstories going on there, along with Zack McCready and other NPC's developing.

Someone does need to aquire the data from MarianFrae to follow the plot outlined by Alicia, and maintain integrity with the info about Jadis and the Empire. Of course we are counting on her to continue with Runner's char, and possibly Adrian....something she oughta have more time for once she has less responsibility with the DM area.

As far as our 2 1/2 month delay of 12 hours RP time, we should progress past this point, and not get stuck like it again, lol!!

Marian volunteered to play the vamp, so we can encounter and resolve the issue....or we can do away with him by some other means, sudden recall by Jadis for instance.

Looking forward to continuing the RP....Honestly, I think RivenSilver has a knack for this, she reminds me of MagickWielder in that she has already begun to invent towns and other things on the surface of the desert world...just the sort of stuff a good DM provides to keep player chars moving!!

Quote:

I had traveled extensively a pretty wide swath between Silverthorn, the town on the moor in which I was born and educated, and Eriah in the north

And DAMIAN volunteered to join, why hasn't he been contacted and told ta go for it!!? We've been lookin' for new folks all this time....don't let 'em get away!!

Quote Damian, post 183:

((can i join in?))

Tsk,tsk.....(sound like anyone?)

Alright, I suppose I need to put in my 7 cents worth since I'm a part of the Charon 5 rpg. This is the first rpg I have been a part of and I'm enjoying it. We have good writers which is why we have a lot of readers. I would hate to see it fade away before its time.

Whoever heads, runs, manages, or what have you the rp should have the time to devote to it. If it comes to a point where they don't, they should be mature enough to hand the reins to someone who does and will do the job well.

I don't mind doing it. As a matter of fact I would probably thoroughly enjoy it. However, you need to take into consideration that when it comes to diplomacy I'm not the best choice. I'm more like my character in that I am indeed an in-your-face type of gal. I can be diplomatic when I absolutely have to, but it's a chore for me and we all know how we feel about having to do chores. If it comes to a vote, mine will go to my sister, Patricia. She has been the consummate diplomat in our family for years and I've seen her in action here on the Aveyond boards. It is my opinion that she is the best person for the job.

Sincerely,

Pamela [aka Riven G. Silver]

I might like the job, but honestly I'm not sure that would work out well. I have a rather unusual work schedule, and having to tailor yourselves to my rather random disappearances may become troublesome. That being the case, my vote would fall to either Riven or papierce, as they seem to be most fired up for it. Since Riven seems to have endorsed her sister, I'll put my chips behind her as well.

*winks* I'd still vote for RivenSilver....who among us can't handle 'in yer face?' lol We've only had ONE minor disagreement so far, and it was solved the same evening.

(love ya too, papierce, but Riven has the answer to stretching the imagination!!)

I think OneFeather had a good idea about each person picking a section to dm. Course there needs to be someone who knows what all the areas are going to be. So far we have Charon 5, the desert planet (has 4 different names) and The Empire. Someone needs to know what's coming up next and be able to pull the group in that direction. I don't mind being that person. I would hate to have to make it up from this point, and at the same time, that's not out of the question.

Jolien - Soldier of Orange - posted yesterday. I sent a pm to ask her about her character and if she had plans to come back and join the rp. Waiting to hear from her.

Any one of us would be a great DM. I think we all have talents that haven't even been tapped yet and this rp could bring that talent out.

Edit:

Was posting while OneFeather was posting so didn't get to read her's before I posted mine. I think Riven would do an excellent job. Besides, she has me to smooth our her comments before she posts them!

;)

Quote RivenSilver:

I don't mind doing it. As a matter of fact I would probably thoroughly enjoy it.

That convinces me...and we can all still lend a hand with various locations, too, just like MW is doing. I think that will create a complex RP environment, that Everace can do some DMing in too, giving everyone a chance to contribute, and not taxing anyone's creativity excessively.

Let's make Lady RivenSilver the Dungeon Master, to keep everything coordinated. (don't ya sneaky minds start a laughin' now)

anyone gonna contact Damian 'bout his offer?

Thanks for no one PMing me about this to ask what's going on... except for Nance... and then you never replied back to my reply.

I have asked if Ares is coming back and I've gotten no reply so I'm taking that as a no. Damian was contacted and we're trying to get him situated as the vampire. I told Nance that she and Shaed should do stuff.

I've also been talking with Mae about being the guide when you come out of the tunnels.

A lot of stuff has been background because we need a vamp and I've been trying to find our vamp. We'd had too much story without our antagonist and I couldn't keep it going with a right mind on our side. Also, you tunnelers had been moving quite slowly and it seems like now, you've finally gotten about the same amount of action that we had on the ship. There haven't been lulls. There are also a couple of other people who PMed me about being interested. I'm not comfortable with creating new characters until people are off the planet and then out of the tunnels.

I've been creating the map for you guys to use once you get out of the tunnels. And I've been developing the old man's background so our guide has something to go off on when she joins you and introduces herself and the situation.

If you don't want me anymore, that's fine... but there are a lot of ideas and plans in motion right now... and it insults me that no one talked to me about this. It's a slap in the face, frankly.

I told Jolien in the PM I sent that if she didn't respond with an answer by... this coming Friday I believe... that we would either kill off her character or Lennie would just be lost.

And, no, I'm no walking the plank.

Arghhhh ....Walk! Into the realms of the mermaids, or we'll keel haul yer lovely...ummm...

*slices the laces on yer bodice with me sword....*

Shaed is watching, ya better jump!!

MarianFrae,

No one is ganging up on you. This was an easy one to see coming. You have kept us all in the dark with your secretive posts about what's happening. That is what has gotten us to this point. You were doing a great job until you started filling your plate with too much stuff. You cannot give this rp the attention that it needs right now and continue to do all the other stuff you do here not to mention your real life stuff that you are obilgated to do and do a good job at all of it.

No one on the ship has posted in seven days now. You went to sleep and you haven't been back since. You said in your post tonight that you told Shaed and Yen to "do stuff". Why should they have to carry the ball for seven days without you? Their last post was goint to Yen's cabin. The only thing they would have to post at this point would be a sexual scene, which sexual language, and I assume sexual scene's, is forbidden on this site. There are a LOT of minors on this site. Seven days of sexual posts?

It would be different if you couldn't access a computer, I could understand that. Why leave Shaed and Yen hanging like that? And you as the DM posted today that: "I couldn't keep it going with a right mind on our side" but you're expecting them to and the rest of us also?

When we ask you stuff you're very curt as if you don't have the time or are put-upon to answer or you're very curt and secretive about the answer. And when you answer like that your posts have a very condescending tone to them.

When I voted for you I thought you would be good and forthcoming. You were one of us and would treat us the way you would have wanted to be treated if the roles were reversed.

When I asked you about Riven coming onboard I told you that I thought she would be a good one to play the part that gets us to the black box. Native to the planet, traveled because she had become a trader, therefore would be the perfect one to take us to the man with the black box. Therefore not needing to get someone else to play that part.

Here's my pm to you:

"We could bring RivenSilver in at the tunnels. She could be a trader who trades often with the "ants". <---I can never remember the name of them. She could already have gone through the trials and has become friendly with them. Native of the planet so she would be able to help us find our way with the map to the black box. Then have her join us in our mission."

Here's your response to me:

"Would LOVE for your sister to join. Just have her send me info. And she will be perfectly welcome!"

In your pm to me you didn't even hint that you were looking for someone else to play the role of the guide. All along I have been discussing it with Riven, so that she would be somewhat ready when she saw the map.

And for heaven's sake, why are we waiting until now to see if someone is coming onboard to be the vampire. If you pm'd him and he didn't respond then pick someone else.

We're all still part of the rp, one that Alicia started and we all voted for you because we thought you could handle being the DM. And we "have" had lulls. Several of them. And we're in another one.

Another question, what are we going to do if we're still stuck in the tunnels when MW leaves? Is it going to take two more months to find someone else to take his place and guide us out of the tunnels? Are you looking for someone now so they can be ready to step in when MW does leave?

MW said in a thread in SH that he might be able to post on the weekends which means the rest of us are going to have to wait five days to post. How fair is that to the three of us in the tunnels? Not to mention the fact that in the same thread he said he would have to serve 3 years in his countries military. So...?

You've got a lot of suff going on right now MarianFrae. You should be delegating some of this rp to the rest of us so that we can get on with it.

In your post you also stated: "I'm not comfortable with creating new characters until people are off the planet and then out of the tunnels." Why not? They could be people that are native to the planet that want off of it. There's lots of ways to bring them onboard with us. There are a lot of scenarios that could be made to fit where we are. You brought in Shaed, Riven and MagicWielder on the planet. Why not someone else?

You also stated: "it insults me that no one talked to me about this" We've been trying to talk to you about it since all this stuff started. You haven't been talking about it with us.

It seems like in your post you're trying to make it sound like we are doing you wrong. We've asked questions that haven't received any clear answers. How long are you expecting us to wait before we get agitated over it?

With no clear cut answers from you we have come to the this point.

No hard feelings on my end. It is, what it is. I'd really like to get the show on the road and kill that vampire so we can all meet up and get on to the Empire.

Patricia

@papierce - thanks, I think that about covers it. Agree with everything above, I did get a pm from MarianFrae that amounts to a major temper tantrum, to which I didn't reply, because she seems incapable of not taking this personally, and refuses to recognize the situation we are in with this RP.

Argument about the obvious problems being addressed is not going to solve the issue, and I'm not sure Marian is willing to acknowledge anyone's elses point of view.

Whatever you all want to do is OK with me...I noticed dear MW hasn't posted anywhere since yesterday, we want his input sooner or later.

((MW said he wouldn't be leaving until around summer. I asked him to make sure he was going to be able to do stuff and he said he'd be able to get you guys back out of the tunnels and then Tek would just stay there. You're right, I can't really do anything with you guys in the tunnels except let people in. You're right, I should have delegated to one of you to miniDM the tunnels or something. As to Riven... I forgot that you had been talking about her being the guide when she PMed me because she said nothing about it and I'd been sick that day so my mind was foggy and not remembering your PMs about it.

On the vampire issue, I sent a PM back on the temp site asking if Ares was going to be coming back and was told he was planning to come back once we got a permanent site up and running again. Someone had said they thought they saw him so I was trying to find him. Finally, after not seeing him and not finding any posts about him, I sent another PM to a friend of his asking if he was coming back. There was no reply to that one so I started looking for someone. I've gone through... 4 people so far.

I'm sorry about my posts last night... I was being immature. I've had a hard week and last night was especially hard... and I was taking all my stress out on you guys. That was wrong. Nance, I especially apologize to you. I knew that that would happen if I didn't get off the computer but I got back on anyway.

You said I've been condescendingly keeping you guys in the dark. Let me say that has not been my intention at all. Since I can't find a vampire... except for the possibility of a guy whose parents are not allowing him to post on the site right now... I will play Tremere. We will need to give him a new name... and we will still need to find someone else to play him.

Also... as to leadership of this RP... I think that, as long as the characters are split, there should be more than one DM. I suggest three. One per location and then one overall.

*goes off to hunt for last vamp/Adrian post*))

MarianFrae,

Your reaction is understandable. I'm sure that any of us in your position would have been feeling the same things that you did.

I appreciate your last post. It sounds more like you. I have a few suggestions.

1. On the Vampire: I think if "you" play the vampire that it would give y'all (on the ship) an unfair advantage because you would know what's coming next and could counter act it. Example: Down in the tunnels during the trials, the four of us didn't know what was coming next. We would think of something to counter act what was thrown at us and then MW would come up with something else that we had to overcome. If you played the vamp y'all would know "What was coming next" and what fun would that be for you?

I don't understand why we need to change his name. Maybe your thoughts here would help us understand.

There are several things you could do about the vampire. Get one of us in the tunnels to play him. Put an ad out for the vampire on here saying that it would be a very short term player part and see what you get. You might be surprised. Maybe Mae would like to play the part and then jump in somewhere else in the rp. Or let Damien play him.

Whoever plays him would have to be thinking on their own with some guidance so that the surprise factor would still be there for y'all on the ship.

2. I like your suggestion of having three "mini" DM's. I think that would take a lot of pressure off of you and I think you'd be surprised at how much better you would feel.

I think MW is doing a great job in the tunnels. He knows them. Once we're out of the tunnels I think that Riven should DM till we're back on the ship. She's the native of the planet and with the map she would be able to guide us through the rest of what we need to do. You said you were working on a map. She may be very helpful to you in that area. Maybe she would work with you on it either through pm's here or email or im.

3. MagicWielder - Tek-Zem: Here's MW's post in Spam Haven:

Amaranth Games Forum Index > The Plaza > Spam Haven > Pseudo-Inactivity

"So alot of you already know that my school term has started. This year I'm taking the A levels, a major exam... So I won't be able to come online as much as I used to during the holidays...

I'll try my best to at least come on twice a week though, on weekends... But I might have to quit AM totally by March-May or something like that...

So ya I apologize to my guild members, my fellow RPers, and everyone whom I'm basically left hanging in one way or another. I hope you guys understand, I can't fail these exams...

And also after I quit around March to May, I will not come online very much for about three years. After my A levels I have to serve National Service in the army. I probably won't be in any danger, cos my country is peaceful and its more of a preventitive sort of way to take cautions... So yeah. XD

P.S. I will try to follow through with the Christmas joust as far as I can though, but my computer time is very limited and its only going to get worse..."

March is in 8 days. Another suggestion. How about have MW prep Mae to take over in the tunnels when he leaves, if it's before we get out of the tunnels. We could meet up with her there and Tek-Zem could suddenly be needed else where in the tunnels and she could continue our journey. She could be the adventurous kind and want to come along with us if she liked the part or she could wave us good-bye and take on another role.

4. I think Everace would be a great one to be the DM for the Imperal part. He was great in his post about them. He seems to have a feel for them.

5. OneFeather would be great as the DM for the ship. She's made wonderful posts about the ship and what it can and can't do. She has a good imagination where that is all concerned.

6. You staying DM overall with the attitude I see in your last post would be great. From your first post you have things in motion, some of which you could pass off to the mini's. Even coming up with people to be players could be passed off to the mini's in charge of that area.

Thank you for understanding how we're feeling and where we're coming from. I fully understand your reaction at first and don't know if I would have reacted any better. I don't know if this is the place or not, and at the same time, from your last post I see a lot of growth and maturity coming through in you. I'm proud of how you're handling this.

1. I don't really see what the difference would be if I were playing the vampire for a while and how I've been playing Adrian... but I really don't want to be the vampire. I was just suggesting that I do it until we found a final vamp.

His name would need to be changed since Ares uses that character a lot... I think it would be... impolite(not the word I'm trying to get out of my mind but it'll work) to use Adrich. Ares didn't post much at all... no powers were revealed so there's free play here. I just don't think it's ethical to keep the name since it is Ares's character at the mo.

If you guys would help me in creating an "ad" for the vamp, I'd be highly appreciative. It doesn't look like things with Damian will work out. His parents don't want him posting on the site for a while... unfortunately. And he hasn't been given a reason.

2. I think you're right that MW would be the perfect DM for in the tunnels. He's already kind of been doing it already. I'll be talking to Mae and Riven about the guide issue... maybe have two guides or something. Mae and I have developed some backstory to support her as the guide/the old man's friend... but Mae and Riven could be friends and co-guide or something... I'll be PM-ing both people.

3. I believe when I asked him about it... just a couple of days ago he said it would be May or June... but let me go check...

*ducks out real quick*

Hmm I'm trying to gradually cut down because I need more time for my schoolwork and things... I've already sort of been less active, except in the Tavern. I should be completely off Amaranthia by March-June or something like that. Most likely April or May.

Ok... so that's one more month most likely... maybe more. Possibility of less. o.O I was remembering it incorrectly. >.< Stupid sickness causing foggy mem.

Ok... well, if you guys can make it to the queen before MW has to leave... it's believable that you could find your way back out, right?

4 and 5. I agree that Everace seems quite intuned with the Imps... and Nance has already kind of unofficially DM-ed Wanderer off and on... so if she's willing to do that... I think that'd be the best option.

6. If we decide to go with this... multihead lead... then we need to decide what exactly the "head DM" would do.

In my mind, I think the head DM should be first to get the character suggestions and from there pass it on. Also, I don't they should completely take over at any point. Large scale ideas should be handled by them but the small ones would be left to the "minis" unless the small ones interfered with the big picture or something. Also... I believe that ALL the DMs should work together on deciding what the next planet or something should be like. None of us were comfortable with the desert planet and I don't want that to happen again.

I have some anger issues... and I'm a bit of a control freak. My life has been spinning out of control lately and the only thing I've been able to ground myself with is Amaranthia... so I just got really freaked out by the posts and acted like I was backed into a corner. I do realize now that I'm not... you guys are just malcontent and it is mostly my fault. Thanks for giving me a second chance, pap. And thanks for not tantrum-ing back, Nance.

Just to let you guys know, I'm pondering taking step back for a couple of days. I'll still check things and post where I need to... and I won't do this until we have things settled with leadership issues here. But I thought you guys should know that I am probably going to be a little less involved for a couple of days coming up... though every time I think about it, I come up with a million reasons not to.

@MarianFrae-

And thanks for not tantrum-ing back, Nance.

yer welcome, I'm not temperamental at all anyway...and I never argue with folks much...big loser in that area!

You noticed my 'thro with the debate' mode when ya are told to walk the plank, or I threaten to add yer head to the collection on my wall...

Throwing ya to the mermaids was the only real choice in yer case, if I put some young 16 year old beauty's head on my wall, some poor guy's gonna die of frustration. *wink*

Hope ya feel better, it might really help to do what yer thinkin' and just play with everyone in the RP's without the responsibility, ya notice I dodge it myself, lol!! I like not knowing fer sure what's gonna happen next, keeps me on my toes.

I think we gotta trend of DMing our chars hometown locations, really good idea, I'll take the Charon 5 Moon & Space Station if ya want, already got some ideas how to handle it.

hmmm, map of space station might be fun..(what am I gettin' myself into?)

;)

Would ya be willing to take Wanderer too? You've basically already done it on multiple occasions.

And it would have been fine if you'd taken my head to a head shrinker. ;)

MarianFrae,

Thanks for the explanation about the vamp. I thought that was a character you created, not one that Aries had created himself. Makes sense to me now.

I'm in agreement with everything else. Riven had suggested about a week ago, when we talked about it, that we come out of the tunnels the same way we went in, so yes, it's doable <--- is that a word? And if we have a month before MW has to go then we should be to the Queen by then and possibly out of the tunnels. Riven also is okay with being a double guide and helping with the maps.

Patricia looks around for her sister Riven... she spies her in her Bed! ;)

How about a short summary post Marian about the DM and the Mini's (who's doing what) and everyone make a post saying if they're okay with it or not. If everyone is in agreement then we can get to rp'ing again. Sound like a plan? <---you don't have to answer that one... just post... -cackle- ;)

Mini DMs:

Everace- Imperial stuffs (This would be what happens if we're thrown in jail or if we're presented to Jadis or something like that.)

MW- tunnels (basically just what he's been doing... and of course if needed Riven or pap could take over here.)

Riven/Mae- journey to the box (following the map, creating obstacles, getting creative with the terrain)

Nance(OF)- Wanderer/Charon 5's moon (basically just what she's been doing off and on. Giving us the details we need to keep going... and revealing weaknesses and strengths of our beloved busybody of a ship)

Overall DM:

If you guys are fine with it, I'd very much like to DM the overall story- the big picture.

Right now, I'm working on the map- I'm drawing it first then photoshopping to make it look like it's on a computer or whatever.

I had a random idea for the cover of the book... if/when I get it done and like it... I'll upload and show you guys.

I'm still working on the 3d Wanderer... but I've eased up on that for a while 'cause I was going nuts.

I'm currently trying to type up all the ideas I had so I can share them with the DMs.

And I'm trying to find us a vamp.

Oh, also... could you guys send me a description of your char's appearance. I already have Tek's and Shaed's. Thanks in advance.

Important: got a pm from MW:

Re: Yer enlistment

Quote:

OneFeather wrote:

Magick Wielder Quote:

And also after I quit around March to May, I will not come online very much for about three years. After my A levels I have to serve National Service in the army. I probably won't be in any danger, cos my country is peaceful and its more of a preventitive sort of way to take cautions... So yeah. XD

One Feather:

I'm soo glad you'll not be in any trouble, it's sort of like the National Guard in the US, then? They pay for your education, in exchange for temporary service.

I will miss ya a bunch..be sure ta PM me whenever ya get a chance, after ya go ta work for yer country, even tho I'll be asleep most hours when yer up.

Magick Wielder:

Yeah its something like that, but its compulsory for everyone in Singapore...

Okay I will. If I have time to even log on. I should but I'll have to be prepared...

By the way could you do me a favour? Help me tell everyone in the RPs that they're allowed to control my character(s) for the story to progress on... Thanks...

Me:

I suggested he not turn Tek-Zem over to anyone else, instead introduce the underground team to another reliable Cefiyaen guide, and claim to be reassigned by the Queen. This will cover a certain change in voice, and we can decide who will play the part through the rest of the tunnels. I'd appreciate MW giving the new guide a nice Cefi name..!but I'm not sure how soon he'll log on again.

Thanks for checking Nance. Seems like the time frame keeps changing... sounds an awful lot like when an acquaintance of mine went into the National Guard... and every time my cousin is supposed to go back to Iraq... guess mils are just the same wherever you go.

What do you say about the DM props?

Marian,

Our other choice would be to by-pass the queen, come back out of the tunnels and start searching for the black box. Reason being, the length of time it would take to find another person for that person to step in and take on the tunnels. We're dead in the water until that can be put in place. Maybe the queen is killed and all the ants run around not knowing what to do so we exit stage right. Just a thought.

What is your timeframe for having the vamp killed and us taking off to the empire? Both parties have to finish their tasks on the desert planet before we can take off.

Uh... and can we all decide on a name for it, the planet, if we're coming back for any reason? If we're not planning on coming back here I guess it doesn't need a name. Course for the storybook we would have to give it a name. -shrug-

The mini dm's sound fine with me. And I'm fine with you continuing to DM.

Ad to post for the vamp:

I am looking for an Amaranthian to play the part of a Vampire in the Charon 5 RP. This character will have a short part, in that he gets killed. This character will be needed for approximately __________. (months, weeks, days) Anyone interested in playing this character, please PM MarianFrae.

Any other issues?

Actually... I wasn't planning on him being killed at the mo. I'll PM you.

I think the idea of the queen just like... randomly dying and you guys having to high tail it out of there is a good idea.