Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kinnison

Help on a website background

I have an assignment I need to do that involves building a website. I know the background can be done easily but the problem is that the usual coding would make the background moves when the page is scrolled.

So, like here in AM how can I make the background static even when the pages are scrolled. I know DtD have that code around but it doesn't work with the plain HTML I'm using (I think)

Anyway, I am required to use only HTML, CSS and some Basic Java.

bgproperties="fixed", in HTML, perhaps??

CSS

BODY {background-image: http://www.something.com

(something.jpg); background-repeat:

; background-position: 0px 0px; background-attachment: fixed;}

Try these

OF COURSE, if you want your images docked like here, then change their position and add dock attribute

That CSS should work fine, except it should be:

BODY

{ background-image: url(something.jpg);

background-repeat: (this will depend on your background and what you want to do with it);

background-position: 0px 0px;

background-attachment: fixed; }

backgrounds create problems for more than one reason; people have different settings for their screen. for widescreen, it pretty much screws everything up. the way i get by this is using tileable backgrounds... it means yay for everyone.

if you can use just basic HTML, what people have said should work fine... briefly looking them over doesnt reveal any problems...

this forum uses CSS to create the backgrounds and keep them in the right spot. Aeternus has pretty much the same code that's used here.

every website designer website or program like freewebs.com always comes with a simple tool for the background u just gotta ask the company

That's my code, I just didn't divide it !!!

Yes, I know ^^ The code I put is simply yours with a few edits in it. First of all, where I have "url", you put an actual URL, which will cause the code to not work properly. And the division of the lines doesn't matter - I just do it out of habit to keep my style sheets organized and readable :P

every website designer website or program like freewebs.com always comes with a simple tool for the background u just gotta ask the company

Nah, you don't need to go through that trouble. Any site that teaches basic HTML and CSS will be able to show you the necessary codes to something as simple as a background ^^

I think Miki's protesting that I said "Aeternus has the correct code". Sorry Miki - I only scanned through the posts and when I compared this site's CSS I just scrolled up enough to look at one post.

Thanks to Aeternus, that code works very well on Dreamweaver. :)

Anyway, about the second line. What does it do and what should I put in it? :S

EDIT: Can this coding be use offline. As in that the url is linked to the computer itself. Because the assignment is required to be offline and no internet source should be used (i think thats the real problem why it didn't work sometimes) :S

THAT IS MY FREAKING CODE :x

And it can be used offline just go like ''file///root\image.jpg'' Put it on a flash or something

@Miki:

Oh yeah, by the way It didn't work well offline. So I decided to stick with HTML. I changed the whole thing and use that one HTML coding you gave early and it works just the same.

So, I guess I should thank you instead, Miki :P