Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

Beautiful New Background

I don't think the background has been changed ever since I joined, until now. I've just seen the previous one, this one and the one in the Viva La Revolution forum. I love this one; it's a nice change and the colours are great!

*sigh* This background. It brings back old memories. This one was put when I joined the enchanters. Oh, those days...*sigh*

@aisling - I didn't notice the skeleton in the well before lol.

I think I remember there being a winter theme as a background too out of AV2 (?) which was really pretty with snowmen - that was back in the days when I ghosted around and wasn't a member.

Were there different backgrounds in the previous sites too?

This background is to celebrate Autumn and Halloween. The W&W festival will have it's own background. ;)

The old sites really didn't have backgrounds; they looked like this.

It wasn't until spring of 2007 that the site switched to this new format and we started getting treated with backgrounds. :)

I have seen this background before.

I also think its a background for automn.

So each season that comes in RL, the background change.

I remember when we had the summer background, amanda announced that its summer, and thus they change the background.

Nice! We're back to the fall/Halloween background. I do still dislike that orange colour at the top of the sky but...*shrug*

We've had plenty of backgrounds before, typically one each season. I think the original one was a mountain theme, similar to the mountains behind Rhen in the Av1 logo. After that, I think we switched to something like this background. For winter, we'll probably get that snowy landscape again. And then there's one for spring and for summer each but I can't remember the difference between the two since they were both very colourful XD

As for the snowy landscape, try using Shaenlir, or shaenlir castle, ice castle, or Spire Mountains for the winter.

~this is a suggestion.

It's my sorta-fall background.

I don't have any fall tilesets *yet* so in the meantime, we'll have a Halloween background. It's the closest I could find.

:)

(Oracle it's just hatched - welcome Darlem)

I always thought the forest in AV1 where nightingale was looked quite like autumn - at least I seem to remember the trees being lots of different colours.

I really like the Halloween theme though and always liked the parts of the games at the witchy villages. There was always a lot of humour :D

At first, the thread title Amaranthia backgrounds had me baffled. Then I read all the above comments, refreshed, and voila! Beautiful Halloween/Samhain background! Thank you Amanda.