Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Addicted_Emma

Gay Marriage?

oo, another lj surfer? awesome. ( i don't know much people who's on lj. They all defected to facebook.)

but on the issue on hand:

Going from what you said, I think the LJ community was sorta outta line. People have different comfort zones and sexuality is definitely one of those highly varying comfort zones. Unless the point was to push people outta their comfort zones, its generally polite to leave people with their comfort zones.

But on the otherhand, I wonder how sexuality is really an issue, or is it a cover for larger issues. Was this roommate bringing his/her bf/gf around too much? Was there too much political talk going on inciting arguments or something? Or was the poster in question just uncomfortable with bisexuals in general maybe due to lack of exposure/understanding/conversation?

as for homophobe: I usually only call people homophobe when they show a strong resistance against LGBT and are not willing to listen to the other side. So I don't agree with calling a person straight out (lol, straight) homophobe unless they've proven to be hardheaded and 'blind'. (Just like they probably think I'm a flaming liberal trying to end great american values rofl)

she would feel just as uncomfortable living with someone who was bisexual as living with a boy

I do not see how the LJ community accuses her of being homophobe when they didn't accuse her in the same breath of being heterophobe. I get what the poster is saying, that she'd feel uncomfortable in living with people who might view her as a potential partner. That actually displays her equal views and non-biasedness, and I believe it's an overreaction on the part of the community, by making something out of nothing.

It dosen't really matter who you love only that you love them.My dad's partner is fine.He is a bit mean but he loves me like i'm his daughter.My mum IS divorced with my dad.We now reside half across the world from my dad,his partner and my brother.

Quote:

bemused wrote:

"it is one thing to know that there are people unable to accept the concept of homosexuality; it another thing entirely to witness with one's own eyes."

exactly! ok, from the whole disccusion, i think almost every body here can totally except the concept of homosexuaility. i, myself, dont really find it a big deal.

But, i had witnessed a lesbian couple holding hands, and even kissing, once, while walking across the street. It disturbed me, Alot.

I mean talking about it is one thing (anyone can do), and actually witnessing or even experiencing it is a whole different thing. i had this shrill go up my spine. it was just so..Different.

(didn't really know how to put that.)

EDIT: @emma, sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone, was just stating my opinion.

well, here we go again, love is love, and regardless of who or even what you marry, as long as your happy, its always acceptable.

@KTC, lol

Them holding hands is not disturbing, however them kissing is just as disturbing as seeing a hetero couple kissing. I always think then, 'please get a room T.T'

I'm glad gay marriage exist though :D, so that gay couples can marry their love and not force themselves to marry one of the other sex.

well...i dont support gay marriages. cos u wont get as much pleasure as heterosexes. for every man, there is a woman on earth but...fortunately im not biased about such lesbians or gays. i guess they shud be treated normally...

Personally, I see no problem with homosexuality. Somebody fell in love with somebody of the same gender, yeah, I feel a bit disturbed, but I wouldn't go "GAYS AND LESBIANS MUST DIE!!!". It's just a feeling of discomfort upon seeing something that you don't normally see.

However, in the country I live, homosexuality is still viewed as something abnormal in the society. Sometimes in the extreme, it's viewed as a sin. I've read in an article in newspaper about some religious preachers are going to make a religious seminar for gay/lesbian so they become straight and stop doing sins. I just go, "Wut? As if that would succeed".

for every man, there is a woman on earth

Although surveys say that the man to woman ratio on Earth is 1 : 3...

well...i dont support gay marriages. cos u wont get as much pleasure as heterosexes. for every man, there is a woman on earth but...fortunately im not biased about such lesbians or gays. i guess they shud be treated normally...
you just said that gay people would be happier being straight acting. I'm so sorry you believe that, you should definitely trying opening yourself up to new views. that idea is so romanticized and antiquated, do people actually believe that there's 1 right man for 1 right woman? even if they're gay or lesbian? And your entire statement was biased against gays and lesbians.

Ok, let me get this straight.

First of all, due to millions of reasons like being born with an extra or missing sexual organ (medical reasons, which is an exception) or because you got dumped/abused by the opposite sex, or because you’re influenced by your friends, or because you choose to, people just turn out gay/lesbian/bisexual???

Second of all, everybody has parents (your mom and dad, how else were you born) who would’ve brought you up to be heterosexual. I mean, come on, when you’re under their roof, if you’re a girl; it’ll be pretty lil dresses, Barbie dolls, and eventually boys. In the case of a boy; it must be the opposite (what do I know? xD) it’s like man and woman are at opposite poles & ‘opposite poles attract each other’ (while similar poles repel lol) and after all that, how can people just “Come out of the closet”?! AND how do u even expect your parents to ‘understand’ you?! Unless you weren’t living with your parents…but then there’s still the homophobic society.

[d]Thirdly, how can a born heterosexual die homo?! How do you know if you’re homosexual or not? [/d] (Sorry, just forget I asked that)

Ok, I sound...Very… what’s the word for it? Deranged. And maybe I’m just misinterpreting things, but let’s face it, people aren’t open to homosexuality, there’s WAY too much homophobia in the world.

On the contradictory, Survey data indicate that between 40% and 60% of gay men and between 45% and 80% of lesbians are currently involved in a romantic relationship, according to wiki. Why am I not surprised…? It’s become very common now, I’ve come across so many & the amount of movies being released nowadays, just so to teach the public how to except/treat/respect citizens whatsoever their sexuality is.

The other day I watched this movie which was going on T.V., “Boys Don’t Cry”; it’s based on a real life story about a transgender man. It was a very, very, very deep film. It does take a heck a lot of courage to be ‘open’ to the public, and I completely have a high regard for that. Plus, the amount of hardships people had to go through just because of love..?

Ok, to conclude, I would like to apologize for wasting minutes of people’s lives who have read this. I just released all the messed up thoughts from my brain to the… internet. (Great)

Oh, and for the record, I am and will always be straight (hopefully). And congrats, to your mom and her partner, addicted_Emma, at the great and astonishing news.

Being heterosexual or homosexual isn't a choice. It's how you're born... You can't just say "Tomorrow I'll wake up and be homosexual" or "Tomorrow I'll wake up and be heterosexual!" It's how you are. Secondly, parents might be shocked finding out, but still... they should be happy that their kids can find ideal partners. I personally am not against homosexuality, but I mean, not everyone is like that. Some people STRONGLY oppose homosexual relations, so it is really hard for them. Especially the kids, they are so immature these days and make fun of everyone different. (Not just homosexuals) I have a friend that's bi, and that doesn't change my opinion of him >.> I don't see how it makes a difference. I mean, he IS A NICE PERSON. I don't see why some people say "I hate homosexuals/bisexuals and transgendered" It makes no sense. They are people, too. I mean, true it would be a little uncomfortable if I had a lesbian friend that had a crush on me >.< but that shouldn't stop friendship. >.>

I am done ranting. I summed it all up.

@watershine,

Quote:

"Being heterosexual or homosexual isn't a choice. It's how you're born... You can't just say "Tomorrow I'll wake up and be homosexual" or "Tomorrow I'll wake up and be heterosexual!" It's how you are."

I don't agree with that. There are thousands of heterosexuals in the world who do wake up one morning and say that. Thousands.

But being born with it is a whole different story, have you ever heard of transgender/transsexuals. Where u are neither considered man nor a women. For example, someone born biologically male who identifies as a woman, and who is attracted solely to men, will commonly identify as heterosexual Likewise, someone who was born biologically female, identifies as a man, and prefers male partners, will identify as gay, not heterosexual. Transsexual people, like other people, can also be bisexual or asexual as well.

@lovinlife

I do not agree neither. I mean heterosexuals can force themselves to do stuff with the same gender, but that wouldn't be comfortable with them. I do not believe you can wake up in the morning saying "I am now a homosexual" . I just don't see that as a possibility. Maybe perhaps over time, but still, I am very skeptic.

"I don't agree with that. There are thousands of heterosexuals in the world who do wake up one morning and say that. Thousands."

^more often than not, that simply means they are not as straight as they think they are. A current theory is that sexuality is fluid. Check out the kinsey scale for one example.

Straight, gay, bi, metro, pan, asexual, etc. are generally all self-claimed labels that stuff humans in neat artificial boxes.

Doesn't necessarily mean you are that label you claim to be.

"Doesn't necessarily mean you are that label you claim to be"

i don't think people can change their mind that quickly XD

However, the world is increasingly becoming unpredictable nowadays...

@lovinlife:

Read this link

Also, random quote from a bible:

Ruth 1:16-17 "Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if anything but death separates you and me"

HOLY NOODLES OF THE SPAGHETTI MONSTER, FEMSLASH IN THE BIBLE O_O!

Sure they might be close friends, but how many female friends do you know practically marry each other like that? >.>