Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest - Build C Available

Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest - Build C is available for download.

You can download it from the Games page.

If you already have an earlier build purchased from Amaranthia.com, simply download and install over your existing game - your AM registration will be recognized.

If you have obtained the rowboat, skudder or dragon, you MUST start a new game.

So... what's new in Build C?

- mouse control similar to Aveyond 2: Ean's Quest

- 3 levels of difficulty

- a new ending (one I'm sure a LOT of people will be pleased to see)

- autosave on entering a new area

- one new quest

- an alternate method of solving the Mountain King quest

- lots of little bug fixes

Amanda will update the download link on the AV1 page when we know people are able to download, install and play the new version. Please post back here if you are able to do those things.

If you encounter any bugs, please post those here as well. If you have a problem with rowboats or skudders not being where they should be, or running away from you, please also email your autosave file to me - without exiting the game, attach the file

%APPDATA%/Aveyond I/Save0.rxdata

to an email and send to me at shaz@amaranthia.com with a brief description of the problem.

Enjoy :)

Hello! I am new here...This game is going to be available later this month via Gametap and I can't wait! I do have a question though, is this build C going to be the one we get on Gametap? I played it for the hour download and it is really awesome! If I had the extra cash I would just buy it now, but I have to get groceries lol!

Thanks in advance!

Pixieydust

Amaranth Games in %APPDATA% was something that was introduced by TGB, so will apply to all games written with that engine from YDF onwards. Amanda MAY make future RPGs point to the same place to have everything together.

Oracle, yes there are new things since the last version you tested. Amanda has also made some mods to the installer with this latest release, and she'd like to be sure it downloads and installs ok and that nothing has been left out.

@Pixieydust, I'm not sure of the schedule for getting it out to the portals. Hopefully if there aren't any problems found here in the next few days it'll go out to them all soon.

Thank you so much for your reply! I am only one of many on Gametap who can't wait to play this! I am not sure on the date but I know it's this month and it can't be soon enough! You really made a brilliant game! I can't wait to play the whole thing and meet all the characters! How long did it take you to make? Is there somewhere I can read up on how you created such a great game? I am sure you went through alot to get it out there!

I am sooo excited! Thank you for making it available on Gametap!

Oh, I want to try this! My insane computer just had to get problems now... Ugh!

I want to know what the new ending is... I'm hoping it's what I think it is... But knowing Shaz that's not it... But maybe, possibly... I can always hope.

Hey guys I have my Aveyond 1 from Yahoo games not from amaranth, and I don't have enough money to purchased it again here. When I try to play this game, I mean this new build one, it won't let me play it coz I haven't buy it here, do you have anything to fix this problem. I kinda broke now.

@Basset: Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm thinking what you are X3 =clings to hope=

Can't wait to download this new version! I'm currently kicked off my own computer.. heh.. but I will download it tomorrow!

Hopefully the new build will eventually be available on other portals. At the moment you can only play it if you originally purchased the game from here. If you bought elsewhere, you'll have a little bit of a wait before you can get the new version.

New ending? :guilty:

oh goodie!

but unfortunately, i still haven't finished my av1 build b game in my comp :P

been too busy :( that means it'll be a while before i play the next build.

though, don't worry, i'll upgrade it soon enough.

This new version is awesome. It's like i'm playing AV1 for the first time again. The thing about portals that worries me is that ArcadeTown still hasn't updated their game from Build A.

Many more people will be arriving here saying they bought their game there. Too bad they can't put some kind of note on their site telling people if they want the newer version to download it from Amaranthia site before purchasing the Version Build A from Arcadetown.

Oh boy, I bought Aveyond 2 here, but apparently I bought Aveyond at www.gamecentersolution.com.. but when I put 'Aveyond' into the search bar on their site, I get 0 results. Is it not available there any longer? Will I have to re-buy the game?

Gamecentersolution is a HUGE affiliate network. Did you buy directly from Reflexive, or from someone else? Reflexive still have the game here but it's build B, not C. When Amanda gets it shared around you'll be able to redownload it from there and have the new version.

Let's hope ArcadeTown also take the new version and we have an end to THOSE problems :)

@shaz: I figured it would be something like that.. I don't remember where I bought it from, and all my e-mail receipt gives me is that address. Will I still be able to download the new version straight off Reflexive if I bought it off another site?