Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
shaz

Aveyond 1: Rhen's Quest - Build C Available

*pats Aisling on the back*

You handled that like a pro. Very nicely done :D

Who brought up the bizarre word? As if I am leading people to think it's going to be a particular ending, and then it will be something totally different? Would I do that?

Mwahahahaha

you'd only get an hour into the game though. And as a warning, if you download from here, thinking you can grab a saved game from build B, load it up, and go through the new ending, it very likely won't work. The world map and "transportation" system (rowboat/skudder/dragon) have undergone significant changes in build C, and if you load up a game where you have any of those, you'll lose them!

Dang it, I bought from Yahoo. Would anyone be willing to spoil me and PM me with the new ending? I know I should probably wait to ger there on my own, but I'm dying to know. :D Prettyy prettyy pleaseee?

Also, I'm definitely gonna play Build C on my own even if it means I have to buy it again. ^^ Wheee!

I'm not sure if Amanda has updated the link on the "buy" page to point to build C. Just in case, you can buy the game from the Buy page, then go to the first post in this thread and download THAT game, and you'll be sure you have build C (if you can click with the mouse and have Rhen walk, or if you get to choose a difficulty level at the start of a new game, you've got build C)

Oh goodie. *plays*

I'm pretty much hyperventilating, flying out of my seat, and bouncing off my walls wanting to see the new ending. /3

Hey Aisling, if this isn't the ending in my head, you're going on my hit list. o___o

Just kidding, of course, but I will get violent. :D

I played it through & didn't find any new quest. By "new", you talking about the greater desire to complete one of the side quests or did I miss something?

there IS a new quest, but you will only receive it if you try and return Vata's soul before you have brought the Thais fairies back to the Memory Caverns. It is to ensure the player has the fairy dust before facing Ahriman. I expect most players who have done it before and know what to do, will probably never see the new quest. They WILL talk to a new fairy though.

And yes, there is an alternative way to solve the mountain king "show me a fairy" quest. I'll let you think about that one :)

there IS a new quest, but you will only receive it if you try and return Vata's soul before you have brought the Thais fairies back to the Memory Caverns. It is to ensure the player has the fairy dust before facing Ahriman. I expect most players who have done it before and know what to do, will probably never see the new quest. They WILL talk to a new fairy though.

I got a good giggle over the resolution of that quirk in the ending dialog before the final battle. I'd read at least one thread about the fairy dust just kinda showing up outta nowhere.

And yes, there is an alternative way to solve the mountain king "show me a fairy" quest. I'll let you think about that one

I think I know how, since I did things outta order my second time through.

BTW, I love the mouse feature in the root systems!!

theAdept_Rogue wrote:

And BTW, when will the upgrade for other portals available?

I think Amanda said she would have a patch for upgrading the game if we got it from a different portal in a few days... I think she said that in this topic, probably a couple of pages back.