Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Insurrection - An RP

Pebbles cascaded beneath her worn boots as she half slid back down to the narrow crevasse that hid a short climb down to the main path. Swinging her feet over the side and planting them firmly on the opposite wall she pressed her back against the worn rock and began a slow spider's crawl toward the bottom. This part of the mountains face was polished smooth by years of other climbers who shared the secret of the lookout, but not so slick as to spare her cloak a few snags, and she kept her supple long braid tucked between her breasts as she inched carefully downward until her feet finally touched level ground.

She wriggled deeper into the crack, moving sideways as it grew narrower, until she could feel the walls enclose her slender body, brushing her back and chest as she just barely squeezed through several feet of a very tight passage into a slightly wider area. No one larger than her could have made it this far... but no matter, what she was seeking was much smaller.

[ A note: I had planned to re-enter this RP but school is just way too hectic right now. I barely get enough time to sleep let alone get caught up on this RP and start posting IC again - I've managed to sleep maybe 12 hrs. over the last four days *dies* Give me a couple weeks and I'll probably have more time.

Still, if you have any questions regarding the world of Insurrection or anything like that, send me a PM and I'll gladly answer. Also, if you plan to directly involve important figures like Arashin Joszi or Prince Sorin, please give me a shout via PM because they're really important ^^; That's all for now! Carry on! ]

((As for chasing you... I dunno. Terla needs to respond to Willaem. I HOPE to chase you guys... but, at this rate, you'll be there before we get out of the HQ >.<

Poke- you need to make a reaction to your quarters and stuff.))

((If you want to pursue I can post flashbacks, so you will still be in the same timeset as us. @Everace, after Celias remark, 'and he calls himself a priest', I thought it might be good for me to clarify my vision of a Torvir priest.))

As Alric succumbed to the serenity of the snowfall his thoughts lulled him back to the day he had sworn his life to the Monks of the Aisel Order. It was a day much like this one. Snow had fallen the night before but it only enhanced his outlook for the day. He had arisen early for his meditations and was delighted to be the first one to place his mark on the pristine landscape. Seize the day, he told himself and boldly stepped forth into the winter wonderland that heralded his new life. There was something pure and invigorating about the snow that brought forth his delight in all things living. When he had arrived at the order, a young lad of thirteen, he hadn't really known what to expect. Of course there were the whispers among the boys that he would be eaten by the priests and other such nonsense as boys are prone to but he paid them no mind. He had been sent because he was the most promising mage class child in his sector of Urdan and they were just jealous.

His next few years were full of rigorous training in magic, meditation, swordsmanship, stealth, nature and creation. "To command the world around you you must understand the world around you..." he never forgot those first words brother Winfrey spoke to him. The man had mentored him and trained him well for the next ten years until he was satisfied Alric was indeed capable of commanding whatever situation he was in.

He had then pledged his devotion to the Gods that be, to defend the helpless be they animal or human, to right wrongs, and to serve the Order with honor.

Alric came out of his musings with the thought of how drastically things had changed just since his childhood. Surely they stood a chance to defeat the Zaddok. The Gods couldn't be so cruel as to let this slaughter of innocents continue unchecked. Soon the rebel force would be ready and they would put and end to the oppression.

His thoughts turned to Celia, she was a real firecracker. Perhaps that's why she rubbed him the wrong way. She was an unpredictable element that made a mockery of his attempt to command his world. That's when the suspicion first crossed his mind that she might possibly be of the mage class...she commanded her world too.

Celia

Mr. Priest, Alric, Guy had gone rather still way up front, aside from the occasional signal to his horse. Gave me the feeling he was thinking about something! What, I wondered? I usually thought about what I wanted to eat, or how much money I had, or how much money I was going to get, or a cute guy's butt. Ugh... I accidentally pictured Alric's nasty bum... I really needed to be more careful about crossing different lines of thought.

Thinking of cute bums, how was Willaem's doing? If he got wind of my escapades out here, probably not so good. He'll have gone 'I knew it!' and made a big deal over how right he was about me. Why did good looking guys have to be such mood-killers?

...Ugh, I took a cloak off one of those Zaddok, but it smelled. Just what was so difficult about the concept of soap? Stupid soldiers... now it was either freeze or suffocate!

Reports Manager, Zaddok HQ

The old Zaddok, now a desk worker, listened dutifully to the frightened villager's tale of a woman and her group who had killed seven Zaddok soldiers. The seven had not been authorized to give chase to those particular criminals, it's true, but they hadn't been too far outside the bounds of what they were allowed. It would have been overlooked if they'd returned in triumph.

The woman seen most clearly by the man matched the description of one who'd reportedly set fire to a house within the city, a crime punishable by execution, and he dutifully noted this. She was one Celia Verasoul, formerly a mercenary hired by the Zaddok. Come to think of it, the old Reports Manager remembered that Willaem and Terla had had some contact with her. They would likely be most interested in this report... he would dispatch copies to them via an errand boy.

Bellyndra was having extra fun today with her students. They were full fledged mages interested in taking their skills and magic to the next level.

"Okay, we're done for the day. Your homework for the next three days will be to sit with five elders and learn one thing new from each of them. This will be challenging. You guys are ready for it though. Class dismissed."

With that Bellyndra straightened up her room and went out for a walk. She took her favorite. The trees ever changing colors were interesting this time of year. She wound around until she came to the small crystal clear pond. There on the banks she sat on an old log and stared into the glassey pool and which helped ease the tensions of the day out of her.

"They're ready," she thought. "They're all ready."

She had talked with the other teachers and their students seemed to be on the same par with hers. They could all use improvement, everyone could.

"But if we were faced with the Zaddok today we would reign victorous," she thought.

Bellyndra continued staring into the crystal blue waters and let her mind relax and her body empty of the days stress. Her mind wandered back in time. It wasn't so long ago that she and her family were on the run. Times had changed. The King and Queen had been killed by a mage and now none were allowed to live by order of the Regent Joszi. Zaddok were everywhere looking for and killing mages.

Bellyndra's family had crossed the mountains and had settled here in Hayote. Here they found kindred spirits. Bellyndra made a lot of nice friends here in Hayote.

Her mother and father had taught her how to use her magic and skills at an early age; however, she eventually joined Mistwood Academy to learn more magic spells and enhance her skills. By the time she was 34 she was teaching the newcomers.

Hayote was now a thriving community of rebels and mages. They had come to Hayote from all over to escape the Zaddok. All the mages were training and preparing to fight against the Zaddok. They would defeat the Zaddok and reclaim Torvir for the people that wished to live in harmony.

The sky was darkening fast over the mountains. It was snowing again. Bellyndra wondered if it would make it over the mountains to Hayote. Morning would tell the tail on that one.

She hurried off back down the trail to Hayote. There was still dinner to make and other tasks before retiring for the night. She made a mental note to check on her parents tomorrow and talk with Travist about a mock sparing match. Bellyndra pulled her cloak tighter, the air was cooling quickly.

"Princess, it's time to leave here,and we must be swift." Allaphym whispered quietly training the pitch of her voice from a long habit to reach only the girl child's ears, even though no one else was present.

The light snowfall was barely reaching the bottom of the narrow crevice, and the young girl's hair sparkled as a tiny ray of light sneaking down from above caught on a few crystals resting in her curls. She looked like a fairy child in the dim light, tiny for her age, her wide eyes gazing trustingly on her guardian's face. The girl nodded without answering, also from long habit, they had both learned to keep quiet and not attract unwanted attention.

She had always called her charge Princess, since the time she first began to shelter her, although there was another name, never to be forgotten, but also never mentioned, the name her parents had given her just after her birth, a name full of joy and promise....a name that they would never see fulfilled.

So Allaphym had dubbed her Princess, before she even knew what the curly haired waif's true name was, and continued to address her like royalty for reasons of her own. Together they slipped like a pair of shadows back through the passage, to begin the descent from the pass into the forest.

He wished he could read people's minds, especially their stupid, perverted, naughty little thoughts....things they wanted no one to ever find out about, humiliating notions and dirty ideas that he was absolutely certain even the best and most noble of them were just concealing from public view....then he could blackmail them all, individually, privately, intimidating them with the threat of exposing their truest base nature that so many of them refused to acknowledge, denying it even to themselves.

He was not into self-denial, internally he smirkingly embraced what he felt was his true nature, sleaziness and hedonism are fun, and in lieu of mind-reading, he would simply empty a few mailboxes, or peep in a few windows, all to gleefully assure himself that these folks were not really any different from himself, and not even better liars, since they were busy lying to themselves, and he did not.

He had a pocket full of letters from around town already, his excuse today was placing flyers in the boxes, a promotion for the Tavern offering a free drink. In the process he subtly withdrew anything of potential interest, to be carefully opened by himself, perused, and returned in nearly spottless condition into the same boxes tomorrow....

The last box, and as he reached inside to place the freeby and invitation (this would serve a double purpose, the liquor would loosen a few tongues as well, and he fully intended to make the Tavern his hangout until most of the coupons surfaced) one of the residents arrived too swiftly for him to slip anything out of it unnoticed.

It was Bellyndra, coming home from a full day's work at the academy, and he silently cursed himself for dwaddling earlier while watching the view of a certain female's anatomy, he should have been able to sort through the box's contents at his leisure....

but nevermind, the schoolmistress was a 'nice' lady, and he swept his cocky hat off his head as she approached with a spectacularly graceful bow, cultivated and superb, no gentleman could do better, while eyeing her privately, and amusing himself with every glimpse of her femininity within view.

"Good Evening, Lady Bellyndra!" he greeted her with mild and mellow tones thoroughly practiced to seduce the ladies. "I certainly hope you will join me at the Tavern this evening, I have just left your household a most valuable offer, and though I have been instructed to give only one such coupon per box, I seem to have an extra, and would be greatly pleased if you would accept it."

This was his plan if he were to be caught searching the boxes, instead of just inserting the coupons, a flawlessly rehearsed and perfectly executed cover, and the only time he had been forced to use it today. Frohaver could be immensely charming if he decided to be so, and it was his usual way of getting what he wanted from the fairer sex.

Hayote, Jenny aka Wafer

Wafer watched with interest when teacher left the school. Sit with five elders and learn something new. Well, teacher will be the first she thought as she retied the ribbon holding her long red hair. Silently she slipped through the shadows keeping her quarry always within eyesight but never close enough for teacher to sense her. She was concealed completely, her lanky form hidden perfectly in the tree's shadow. Her grey and black clothes appeared part of the dusk.

She called on her magic to blend with the shadow until she was one with it. One dark place was always connected to the next, it was so simple to just make the leap and she was there, in the shadow behind teacher watching the lake. Now that was something new, she had never followed teacher before but the challenge had been overwhelming and she had to try. So this is where teacher comes after school, one down and four to go. She deftly skipped the shadows back to town, before teacher turned and caught her standing there.

She headed to the mission for evening meal just as the sun set. It was soup again but that was a good thing, she loved soup. The bowl was hot and served to unthaw her hands. She sat there unmoving for a few moments enjoying the sensation of heat climbing from her fingers to her elbows, letting the aromatic steam thaw out her lightly freckled nose that twitched above her heart shaped smile. That was the only drawback to shadow jumping, it was so cold. When the day was already cold like today it was doubly so. The hot creamy broth warmed her innards as well and she relaxed with the comfort of eating.

Her thoughts at ease she began to reminisce about the day she arrived here. Brother Alric had rescued her nearly eight years ago and changed her life. She had been a runaway from the mage seekers and he had brought her to the mission and then over the mountains. Life here was bliss compared to the life she had in the lowlands. Here was freedom to practice her magic and everyone accepted her. She could barely recall how hard life had been while she was a runner...the fear. It had been so long since she had known fear.

She wanted a chance to help others as he had helped her. Surely this time he would accept her plea's to take her to the mission where she could assist brother Winfrey, maybe join the rebellion as a fighter when the time was right. The last time he had just smiled and said, not yet. She had worked hard this last year, he couldn't turn her down again. She would insist, she was grown up now, he just had to agree.

A frown crossed her face, it had been a while since he had been here, she wondered if he might return anytime soon. She was ready to fight and wanted news of what was going on. She sensed from the elders that they would be ready to launch their attack soon.

As Frohaver swept into his profound bow, turning his back on the unsearched mailbox, a strange missive shimmered into existance, appearing out of nowhere among the small clutter of letters, partially hidden near the bottom with one odd corner hanging out. It was different from the other correspondence, being perfectly square, the envelope completely blank, without any indication as to the intended recipient.

"The air was getting colder by the second," Bellyndra thought as she shivered again. She hurried down the street towards her house. As she approached her house there was Frohaver with his hand coming out of her mailbox. She wonder what he was up to.

"Good Evening, Lady Bellyndra! I certainly hope you will join me at the Tavern this evening, I have just left your household a most valuable offer, and though I have been instructed to give only one such coupon per box, I seem to have an extra, and would be greatly pleased if you would accept it."

"Well, thank you kindly Frohaver," I said. "I'll see what I can do about showing up at the Lucky J tonight. I'm sure Jax will be pleased to have his tavern full of jovial villagers."

I took the second coupon from him and nodded in his direction. Reaching for my mail I said, "I really must get going. I have a lot to do before the night is over. Thank you again!"

I waved and started up the salk to my house. Once inside I let out a sigh of relief. There was something about that man! I just couldn't figure out what. He was very charming to say the least. Maybe it was his eyes, probably just my imagination. A lot of the villagers had tried to marry her off. Maybe that was it. He just 'wasn't' her type.

Bellyndra sat down at the table and started sifting through her mail. A short note from Gwenda for the healing potion. Another from Gunther. The invite. Hmmm... what was this... it was different from the other correspondence, being perfectly square, the envelope completely blank, without any indication as to the intended recipient... as soon as she picked up the envelope, her name appeared on the outside. Who...? Well, open it and find out, Bellyndra... sheesh... sometimes she wondered about her brain.

She tore open the envelope and pulled out the letter... her breath caught in her throat...

The snow had let up about two hours into their trek when Alric brought them to a halt. Turning in his saddle to address the group, "It would be advisable for us to take a break and walk around. We have another six hours riding ahead of us that will really torture your muscles and joints. The horses could also stand a rest, it's a hard climb for them."

He whispered "stay put," into the geldings ear before dismounting into the foot and a half of snow and making his way to Allisa. Smiling up at her he spoke in his low rumbly voice for her ears only, "How are you holding up?"

She hadn't mentioned if she was much of a rider and he didn't want her in agony by the end of the day. Raising his arms he ofered to help her down.

Brilliant, he mused smuggly to himself, except for missing the chance to peruse her mail....Frohaver swaggered slightly as he strode away from Bellyndra's house, making his way back to the jolly Tavern, also considering how easy is it was to impress single women. If she wasn't obviously the monogamous type, he could have made her a few other offers...offers that would have given them both quite a bit of satisfaction if she obliged him...his thoughts continued in that venue on the stroll back, his gaze wandering the landscape searching for other attractive ladies who might be more approachable.

Thus preoccupied, he arrived at Jax's comfortable establishment to announce the completion of his task, and discuss his reward. Any increase in business beyond covering the free drinks would earn him a percentage in a week's time, and that percentage was still open to negotiation.

He slid his arm around the cushy waist of the waitress nearest the door, lifting her slightly and swinging her around, just for fun, of course. The Tavern keepers' girls loved him, he made a point of flirting with them all, teasing and squeezing, and flattering his way into their silly hearts. These fems were a friendly lot anyway, Jax knew better than to hire any but the most cheery, easy going female type, who would be more likely to giggle and brag about being patted or pinched in places more 'ladylike' (uptight in Frohaver's mind) women would think inappropriate, than to slap the intruders' face and cause a loss of business.

So she responded with the expected giggle, and even planted a quick kiss on his cheek for the attention, smiling and saying "Well, what'll you have stranger?" even though he had just left on his errand this morning.

Bellyndra opened the magical envelope and pulled out the letter. She opened it up and started reading...

Bellyndra,

My dearest friend, I will miss you, and with much hesitation and deepest consideration of your Wise Advice, I have made my final decision and intend to proceed with my Quest tonight. The Sucess of my plan depends on aquaintance with his Royal Highness Prince Sorin of Tovir while he is still young, and I am counting on you to continue to be my Voice in my absence, although I know you don't always agree with my thoughts, please remind the Elders of my position, for which I am solely responsible, and taking the necessary risk involved.

Plead on my behalf, if the opportunity arises, is six years too long to wait? Six years that would see the survivors gathered in Hayote still living, although in exile, six years in which we could strengthen our underground network and save other Talented who are still persucuted, rather than begin an all out offensive assault on the Zaddock that may surely cost us more lives than waiting until Arashin Joszi no longer has control over the kingdom of Torvir.

They have heard this from me many times before, and I realize preparation and combative training are very necessary for the survivors in Hayote to defend themselves from the Evil Menace of the Regent, and to rescue other Magic Users from the threat, but I also fear there are those among us who are overly anxious to exact Revenge, and who would willing risk the lives of others to do so. This must not happen, and I am no longer present to be the Words of Caution that slow angry hearts, you and Elder Ixbyth are the only two who truly understand the validity of my arguement and the full scope of my Plan, which greatly depends on the populace of Torvir not becoming any more alienated and mistrustful of Mages than they already are. If we plan to end this conflict and live in peace together eventually, we must start now, and starting a war (or more correctly, continuing one) will not accomplish that.

That reiterated, and I apologize for reminding you of what you already know, I leave my residence and belongings in your care, to do with as you see fit, you may reside in it yourself, or give it to another worthy person in need of shelter, I shall not return anytime soon, perhaps for years.

If I get a chance, I shall keep you informed of my progress, Princess and I will think often of our more playful hours, when games and desert with you were of the most importance. Those are the things that should be the most important in any child's life, and any adults as well, and we will not forget you.

Blessings of peace on your future,

Allaphym

Bellyndra sat for a long while reading and re-reading the letter from Allaphym. She and Allaphym had been friends for what seemed like forever. Bellyndra would miss her dear friend, and at the same time, she understood Allaphym's quest.

Bellyndra sat and penned a letter back to Allaphym and would deliver it to her secret place. Surely Allaphym would check before leaving Hayote.

Celia

Money, Guys, Dancing, Partying, Money, Chocolate, Wine, Money, Gold, Jewels, Dinero, Geld, GP, Gil, Shooting jerks in the groin at point blank range.

"You guys... we should totally find a mountain goat and try to tip him over. Considering how sure footed everyone says they are, it would be like the ultimate cow-tipping challenge! ...But like, with a goat!"

Allisa

She blushed and reached for Alric's hand with a soft, sultry response readying itself in the back of her throat. Her lips parted, and... hung open as her brow furrowed in confusion at what Celia had suggested. "A... goat?" Were the only words that came out, a confused question rather than whatever affectionate reply she may have had in mind.

Alric ignored Celia's remark, as Allisa's brow furrowed and she spoke, "A...goat?" but winked at her with a knowing chuckle and whispered in her ear as he lowered her to the ground.

"I fear the woman is seriously lacking in common sense. Even if you could tip a goat over, why on earth would you want to?"

He began walking with her under the trees where the snow hadn't reached,"It will be easier to walk here and loosen your muscles. Are you warm enough?"

Celia

Recognizing an expression I'd seen people make before in reaction to some of my comments, I dropped the reins, put my hands on my hips, and adopted an annoyed tone, "I heard that, Alric!" I hadn't, but I'm pretty sure that'd be the right reaction to whatever it was he'd said. At any rate, maybe I should come back for goat-tipping later. We don't really know if the zaddok are gonna chase us or not, after all.

Allisa

"Thank you, yes." She smiled at him, taking his cue and focusing on him instead of Celia. "Alric..." She paused and bit her lower lip. "About what I wanted to say before..."

((Celia could use a good spanking,lol))

Alric scowled in Celia's direction. She'd be better served getting off her high horse and stretching her legs, but if she wanted to kill herself he wasn't about to stop her.

Allisa seemed hesitant to tell him something important. He gave her his full attention, his gaze riveted to her lip as she nervously bit it. Did she have any idea how enticing that was? How badly he wanted to lean in and soothe it away? It was probably a good thing her father and brother were nearby. There was not much else restraining him."What did you want to tell me?"

Bellyndra got herself up and mosied off into the kitchen. She pulled out her list of potions she needed to make that night and busied herself making them.

She let her thoughts wander to class today. She was so pleased with all her students, especially Wafer. She seemed so eager and she tried so hard. Wafer had come a long way since Alric had brought her to the Mission in Hayote. She had accomplished a lot and was eager to learn more. It would be interesting to see which elders she picked to interact with.

Having finished her potions, Bellyndra cleaned herself up and headed out the door. She needed to get her note to Allaphym and would stop by the Lucky J on her way home.

The streets were lonely on her way to Allaphym's. It was a cold night and everyone was either inside their warm homes or over at Jax tavern.

Bellyndra finally reached Allaphym's home. No one was around and the house was dark. She walked to the corner of the house and there sat the magical ceramic cat. What a big smile he had and his eyes seemed to bore a hole right through you if you looked at them too long. She didn't know how it worked or how Allaphym got the note out but she fed the note to the cat and it disappeared.

Needing to get out of the cold, Bellyndra hurried down the road to the Lucky J. What a sight she saw when she entered.

Allisa

"I just wanted you to know that you'll always be a dear friend to me for everything you've done." She lied. That wasn't at all what she'd wanted to say, but the mountain air had cooled her and given her time to think about what was happening. If she was going to be honest with herself, she had to admit that she was now a bit frightened of the sudden swell of feeling she'd had for Alric. Love at first sight? Maybe, but how could she know that about somebody she'd met just yesterday?

It was too sudden, and she didn't want the insistent urges pulsing from her emotions through her body to force her into anything she couldn't take back. She needed more time to sort out what she was feeling, and to know Alric better, before acting on a feeling that might be nothing more than a manifestation of the deep gratitude she felt for him having saved her family.

That was why she lied, despite the unhappy pit that clenched in her stomache when she did so. Until she knew him and herself a little better, she didn't want him to have any expectations of her.