Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Insurrection - An RP

Willaem laughed openly, "Oh an absolutely wonderful chap... insane beyond measure and twisted so greatly by his dreadful ability that I doubt there's a single person in this world he's ever loved beyond his father- who doesn't even have insanity to blame for his love of torture." Though his tone was a bit lighter, this talk kept his face and eyes dark, "He's the embodiment of evil... and must be eradicated as soon as it becomes possible."

Jacob cleared his throat, "And those under him? Like that girl?"

Willaem nodded, "I'm not sure she'll survive him... she has a very weak mind... but there's always hope, right Alric?"

Alric

"One must never give up hope." His glance slid sideways to Allisa, he wasn't done hoping for her. Not by a long shot. She looked tired but still so lovely. Part of him wanted to reach his arm around her and pull her close but he restrained the impulse.

"What girl is this you speak of?" He was surprised when the duchess had refused the missing help and disappeared. Could it be her?

He placed the last log on the fire, waiting on Willaem's answer. Then he shifted his pack behind him and leaned into it slightly reclining for comfort. Sleep was the next order of business. He wanted to be up at first light to look for Kyrus. As much as he longed to catch up on all the news there would be time enough for that tomorrow.

Kyrus

She needed an answer. After very little thought he responded. "What is it you need me to do? If it keeps Torvir in peace I will assist you." It bothered him a bit that he was blindingly trusting her, but it felt so right. He yawned widely then flushed, "Sorry it's been a long day."

Wafer

She spent the next day visiting the Elders, asking everything she could think of. One thing she did learn about all of them was they were very secretive when it came to talking about their abilities. However, Thomson let slip that if you plant seeds under a full moon your crop would be blessed. She had often wondered why she never saw him planting his rows of vegetables, now she knew. She still needed two more things for Bellyndra

((Sorry guys, I'm exhausted and brain dead with all this moving))

Willaem sighed and leaned back, "Some ridiculous girl, Kisha her name was, I believe... broke into the headquarters and said she wanted a job... told us right out she was a mage and a duchess and didn't want to die like her sister. She was lucky they brought her to me... and Terla. Anyone else and she'd be dead. I don't know what the daft girl was thinking... but we had our duel and she's now under Zarron's training." He shook his head, "I'm not even sure it's a waste... she hardly even seems to have a head on her- much less a good one."

"Peace is my whole reason for taking the risk of traveling to Torvir, Lord Kyrus. I'm worried about it being jeapordized by the mages hiding in Hayote...." she sighed and pushed a metal rod into the soft mossy earth next to the beaming flames, and hung the brass bowl on a hook that curved gracefully at it's top, almost like a small shepherd's hook. Then she slowly poured the melted snow into the mushroom mixture and tossed some dried pasta curly-cue spirals and seasoning with it. Slowly the mushroom soup began to simmer and fragrant steam penetrated their noses....

"Ohhh, it smells wonderful! I'm so hungry." Princess cooed softly, her face brightening as she sensed the delicious smell.

"Fill the flask again, and I'll make us tea to drink with it." Allaphym handed Twerza the aqua bottle, and the girl vanished briefly into the night again, while the enchantress carefully stirred the ingredients over the flames.

She tilted her head, and her supple, waist-length braid fell forward across her shoulder. "There is a secret talisman hidden at my residence...if it were placed high in the mountains at the bottom of the waterfall pool that feeds the town, it should cool angry minds, and soothe vengeful hearts of all who use the spring water." She glanced solemnly at the young lord, "However, it's very powerful, and I'm not sure exactly what the results will truly be, although I'm certain it won't be anything harmful."

"If you want to try it, I'd be grateful. You could drink the wine and beer for a few days, to ascertain what effects it is having on the villagers, and remove it if you think it's causing any difficulty."

Kyrus was a bit leery of her suggestion. "What would happen if I was not there to remove it and the Zaddok attacked the village? The people would be of no mind to even defend themselves." He knew the odds were against it but he always seemed to think of the worst case scenario. The soup smelled so good he was almost ready to agree with anything just to taste the warm broth.

Celia

"Oh, really?" I said in response to whatever it was Willaem just said. I had more important things on my mind, you see, so it was hard to listen. "Hey Willaem, how'd you like to come goat-tipping with me after you've seen the people you've come to see and what-not? You just need to think about how sure footed everybody says those things are to know it'll be the ultimate tipping experience, not to mention having to hunt one down first!" I leaned forward with an eager grin. "C'mon! I need a witness who'll be able to tell everyone how tipsy I am!"

"Oh, Celia... no one who has ever come into contact with you will doubt that you were indeed, extremely tipsy. In fact, I don't even need to see you at it to believe you," Willaem winked at Alric, "besides, Jacob and I will be needing to get back as soon as possible. It's been a while since my last trip through these mountains... but it's still not to best idea to stay long."

Alric smiled back to the wink. That woman and her desire to tip animals, what would she think of next? Settling his Akubra low over his eyes, he watched Allisa for a few precious moments then gave in to the long day. He drifted off to sleep lulled by the voices continuing around the fire. How many generations of people he wondered had used this granite shelter to separate themselves from the elements?

Willaem looked to Alric, "He probably has the best idea... Night."

Jacob had already fallen asleep, leaned against one of the granite walls. Willaem threw a blanket over him before going to sleep himself.

((Screen fades to black & Inn Music from game of your choice plays here. Hp/Mp Restored.))

Celia

Uh... uhn... loud noise...

So loud... it's like somebody's trying to grind rocks...

"Darn it, what is that noise?!" I sat bolt upright, the mysterious noise coming to a suspiciously abrupt stop as I awoke fully. A few quick glances around the room gave me no clue as to just what I'd been hearing, a familiar noise that had been haunting me during those twilight moments between waking and dream... I should totally be a poet.

I shook my head. "It was as though somebody stuck a lump of metal into a blender! Have you seen those, by the way? Remarkable things! It's like a big container with a pair of spinning blades at the bottom that hooks up to a hand crank. If you get good at cranking it, you can liquify anything you want in moments!"

Pause, confused expression. "Uh... what was I talking about? Oh, right, the rebels! We should totally set out. C'mon, we can eat on the way, I wanna get there already!" I hopped up and started gathering my things.

"The Zaddock have never been able to enter the pass leading to Hayote for long, or made it through to the other side. The Mountains are full of strong magic, and defend themselves from their enemies. Mists appear so thick climbers can't even see their feet, and shift into images similar to boulders and pathways, leading those left wandering in it off steep precipices, often their deaths. Other things lurk in those mists, made of shapeless darkness, perhaps living, perhaps not, and strange sounds can be heard in the distance when unwelcome travelers are treading on this sacred ground."

Allyphym ladeled the steaming soup out of the pot into small bowls which she handed to Lord Kyrus and the Princess, and continued whilst the two youngsters eagerly scooped spoonfuls into their mouths.

"If that were not so, the Zaddock would have obliterated the sanctuary that awaits you long ago..for a few months every year the pass is safe enough for anyone with the strength it requires to be a soldier to make it through...."

She began sipping on the warm broth herself, savoring the woodsy flavor of the mushrooms.

"The haven in Hayote is truly safe, and will remain so. The enchantment infused in the water by the talisman will influence anyone who travels there even before they arrive anyway...the spring runs near the pass above the town, and is considered the last waystation before entering the valley. Most climbers stop there to rest and drink, and sometimes even bathe at the end of the journey."

"You needn't make a decision right now, Lord Kyrus, let's fill our tummies and get some sleep, here, there is more....."

She refilled both their bowls, and their teacups, then tossed something on the fire that caused it to flicker momentarily and dim, the flames taking on a faint fuchia hue, and a soothing scent permeated the light smoke.

Twerza sighed, inhaling the pleasent incense, and spread her bedroll on the resilient mossy floor, finishing her supper in a half reclining postion.

Then she snugged into it, nothing but the top of her curly head visible as she went to sleep.

Kyrus smiled up at her. "That's all I needed to know, my concern was just that they might be defenseless. I would be honored to help in such a noble cause my lady. I will be sure to place the talisman in the water as soon possible. Just tell me where it is hidden." Shifting to get more comfortable he dove into the broth as if it were his last meal. Glancing at the Princess he blurted out, "I'm certain the Prince will adore you Princess." Inexplicably his eyes grew too heavy to remain open. He handed the bowl back to Allaphym and laid down to sleep.

Kyrus smiled up at her. "That's all I needed to know, my concern was just that they might be defenseless. I would be honored to help in such a noble cause my lady. I will be sure to place the talisman in the water as soon possible. Just tell me where it is hidden." Shifting to get more comfortable he dove into the broth as if it were his last meal. Glancing at the Princess he blurted out, "I'm certain the Prince will adore you Princess." Inexplicably his eyes grew too heavy to remain open. He handed the bowl back to Allaphym and laid down to sleep.

((hehee... i dunno why but the use of "tummy" after that speech seems hilariously ironic to me right now... maybe it's because I just had the most uplifting experience I've had since JUNE and it's 1:09 am... yeah. that must be it.

btw... does anyone know how to get the smell of garlic out of your skin? I've been doing a lot of cooking with garlic... and no matter how many times i wash my hands... the smell will NOT GO AWAY.

i'll wait for Alric to be ready.))

@Marian - *giggle* you could always eat your fingers, I'm sure they smell delicious...other than that Dr. Bronner's Magic Peppermint Soap removes almost anything.BTW, I'm not controlling anyone's char with this enchanment of the spring, the effects are individual, and I'll post somemore about it, and how it affects your chars is completely up to YOU!! They can be resistant, totally influenced, whatever, have fun!!:D

((Dr. Bronner's Magic Peppermint soap! Removes stains, smells, discoulorations, unwanted relatives! Cleans and disinfects! Helps deter ants and other pesty insects! Mild on the eyes and safe to swallow! Settles the tummy and doubles as a laxative! Cures baldness when used as shampoo! Increases women's bust size! Can bring an end to world hunger, war, and disease if more people use it! Buy yours today!

It's Celia's favorite brand. :D ))

((I wish I had been her to help Marian, http://chemistry.about.com/cs/howthingswork/f/blstainlessodor.htm This has worked for me in the past. ;) ))

Stretching and rubbing the sleep from his face, Alric rose to the sound of Celia scuffling about gathering her items. He'd slept longer than he had wanted or anticipated. Since she was already moving he whispered so the others might continue to sleep. "I need to go search for a young man that I fear has become lost. He was on his way to Hayote a day ahead of us. I think we scared him out of the cavern when we arrived last evening. Would you care to join me in my search for him?"

((*playful grin* Oh, Oh!!! I know this one!

She's on one of those spring-horse contraptions you see at those little play parks for kids! You know, they're those big plastic mounts on giant springs that kids can rock back and forth on to pretend like they're riding.

...or maybe her bf has a green hat. :giggle: ))

Celia

"Eh? Really?" I shifted impatiently. I wanted to get going, but I wasn't really sure I could keep to the path without Alric as a guide. "Well I suppose that's fine. Is he in my age group, and if so is he cute?"

((Ummm...she's playing leap frog? ))

Alric laughed low, "He is way too young for you Celia, but he is cute for a Lord. Come." He picked a small brand from the fire and headed to the waterfall and prints he had seen last night. "I think he met up with someone. See?" He pointed to the tracks that were melting and looked much larger now than last night. He followed them down the incline as the warm amber glow of morning crept upon the sky and the stars began blinking out making way for the new dawn.

The snow was soft underneath but the top had developed a slick icy coating, during the chill of the night, that sent Alric into a wild skid down a particularly steep section of hillside. Red faced, he waited for Celia's quick remark or laughter and held out his arm in case she ended up in the same predicament he had.

A tiny chipmunk snuck down the inside of the tree, attracted by the warmth, while Allaphym watched over the sleeping youngsters. It sat neatly on an extra large shelf of tree ears, rose on it's hind feet and peered down at the strange trio resting on the lush green floor.

She tossed a couple of nuts beneath it's perch, amused when it inched warily down, then began nibbling on the irresistable snack.

Concentrating on the spell she wove to bind Lord Kyrus to her wishes, she whispered quietly in the dim russet glow of the fading flames, "You must always keep my requests of you a secret, dear Lord Kyrus, there is no need to share our plans with anyone else, no harm ever will come of anything I ask of you." His breathing was steady and peaceful, the restful sleep would insure his trusting her more than anything else.

Leaning back against the tree trunk walls, she remained awake, deep in thought, her mind occupied with plans for the journey...she would sleep later, for now the quiet of the woodlands was restorative enough.