Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Insurrection - An RP

Celia

Watching Alric slip down the icy slope made me think of just one word, which I spoke quietly. "Fun..." I stepped forward cautiously and inspected the hill. Then I jumped!

I landed with my two feet spread, balancing perfectly with a wide grin set on my face as I slid downward. That came to a stop when I realized Alric was still at the bottom! He hadn't moved an inch, and was holding out his arm for some darn fool reason!

"Eek!" I cried, slamming my back foot into the slope, catapulting myself up and over the priest's head. I felt myself do a full mid-air flip, which made me kinda sick since my entire world changed from ground to sky and back again. Somehow I landed squarely on my feet, which surprised me enough that I promptly slipped and fell on my tush.

Issuing a disgruntled moan as I picked up my now thouroughly chilled behind, I made ready to pelt that sorry priest with insults that'd make a sailor blush! Then the tree caught my eye. The tracks lead right up to it, and from here it looked like it might be hollow. Blinking, I forgot Alric and moved toward the tree. "Oy! Is there a young lord in there what knows a priest named Alric? He's looking for ya, ya know!"

The enchantress' reverie was interrupted as the night sky began to pale into morning by several voices and then thumping sounds, followed quickly by a brash young female voice demanding Kyrus, she was sure...

She kept quiet for the moment, as he roused from peaceful sleep at the sound of Alric's name....

That name sounded familiar to her, she had heard it before at the rebel village, but knew very little about the man...wasn't he a priest?

"I think your friends have finally found you, Lord Kyrus." she murmured as his eyes opened...

Alric sat there with his back end firmly entrenched in the snow when Celia deliberately started a spectacular slide down the hill. Stunned that she would slide on purpose his jaw simply hung open and he forgot to remove his arm from her path. She forward flipped over his arm landing squarely on her feet. Just when he thought she was the most agile cat like human he'd ever seen she slipped, joining him in the wet snow. He burst out laughing, she looked like she couldn't think of enough names to call him.

Her total expression underwent a change and he followed her gaze to the tree. A small wisp of smoke blew from it and a smile crept over his face. "Kyrus, are you in there boy?" his deep voice boomed into the bowl of the mighty tree.

Kyrus eased his tortured frame from the hard ground. Wincing at the soreness in his hip and shoulder. His neck was crimped at a strange angle too. Even in his pain that voice registered. He bounded out of the tree his curly blond locks falling in disarray. "Alric am I glad to see you. The trail is a little hard to find in the snow. Was that you at the cave last night? I thought it might be the Zaddok and ran. Thankfully Allaphym took me in last night. She's inside the tree."

He blushed slightly at his rambling, but he was so excited that he was no longer on this mountain alone. "Who's your friend?" he nodded toward Celia. "She looks nice," he whispered, "She's pretty."

Celia

A boy, just like Alric promised... too bad. Boys grow up, it's true, but I'm not about to sit around waiting for that to happen. So there he was, asking about me, whispering something to Alric all excited like. He'd probably seen my little stunt and was cracking off jokes about it right in front of me! Little punk... he'll get his! "The name's Celia." I said cooly, feeling no need to offer this youngster my full introduction with all the trimmings. "I'll be protecting you and the others on the way to the rebel village."

((since the guessing game is over... I've seen the full pic- months ago- and, while i can't remember where, I remember what. She's riding a stuffed(as in plushlike), motorized SEAHORSE.

@oracle: pulling weeds? leap frog? seriously? is your mind THAT CLEAN that you would immediately go to those? I mean... she's only wearing a bra up top for goodness sakes. :lol: that's hilarious))

Willaem woke again to find he'd drifted back to sleep and Alric had disappeared with Celia, "Huh... I had my money set on the Allisa girl... but if he wants the unbelievably dense firebrand... he can go right ahead." He shook his head and set about getting things ready and fixing breakfast- more porridge with dried fruit.

Alric was about to step inside the tree to meet the woman when Celia made her introduction. The look on her face and inflection in her voice spoke volumes. He gave her a sharp look, "Be nice Celia, the boy thinks you're pretty."

He clapped Kyrus on the shoulder. As the lads face lit up red like a beet on fire, he turned and followed Alric so she wouldn't see. Tugging on his tunic, "Why'd you have to go and tell her?"

"Lord Kyrus, she was ready to eat you alive. She may look pretty but so does a mountain cougar just before they rip your throat out."

((nah... playing innocence just makes you look dense and naive. :P jk jk. though... naivety is possible. :P

hehe... but she's not Fiona. :P Shrek's a LOYAL ogre. Could have been the queen and king though. Poor froggie. XD

I do sometimes wonder if Aet actually reads our posts...))

A stuffed plushy seahorse? Cool..gives me an idea for a belated Halloween costume for Everace, never to late to dress up!:evil:

Allaphym began gathering her belongings as Twerza uncurled and stretched when the vocal exchanges outside the tree woke her.

The enchantress harvested a few more of the edible mushrooms, stuffing large shelves into a mesh sack she carried to dry.

She could hear Kyrus' search party approaching the tree trunk, as she stirred the ashes to be sure the night's fire was completely extinguished.

((Pft, as if I'd ever wear any sort of silly costume. In my opinion, the best costume a handsome fella can wear is the one he's born with!))

Celia

That little compliment brought back my good humor right away. "Aw, c'mon Al! I mean I know I'm just as, er, way more dangerous than any mounatin cougar, but I'm not about to make a meal out of a kid with such good taste!" I blinked. "As backward as that may sound."

Turning my attention back to the tree, "Now didn't he say something about more people?" I didn't really have any reason for wanting to meet them other than curiousity, but that didn't keep me from poking my nose in to spot a woman and a young girl. The woman gave off a confident feel that made me think she knew what was going on. Or at least she thought she did. Now what question should I ask this perhaps wise individual?

Of course! "Hi! I'm Celia! D'you happen to know where I can score some easy money, guys, or maybe goats?"

Allisa

She awoke to the plain smell of cooking porridge, which was actually quite welcome to her hungry nose. "Mmmmhh, is it breakfast? I'm starving." Peering around, she saw no sign of Alric. Or Celia. Allisa frowned and moved to join Willaem, who seemed like a quite a decent fellow despite being a Zaddok.

They probably just went out to scout or something... Celia was a mercenary, so surely she'd be better suited to help Alric than Brock. Still, why not take Willaem along? He was a capable man. Of course that would leave Celia here with Jacob and Brock, which might make for problems with nobody to keep her in line. "So where have the two early birds gone off to?" She asked Willaem casually. "Scouting, or something the like?"

@Everace - OK, just the hat.....*winks*

The enchantress glanced at the abrupt intruder, a twinkle in her eyes. "You must be Lord Kyrus valiant protectress, I'm Allyphym, and this is my ward Princess Twerza. If you make it through the pass to Hayote, there are sure to be goats....but I don't have the latest news on the other two...head for the Lucky J Tavern once you arrive, and maybe someone there can give you more advice."

Alric poked his head in the hollow of the tree just as Allaphym greeted Celia. Just like the woman to ask about such things. What was this fascination she had for tipping goats?

He had heard rumors about Allaphym but had never had the opportunity to meet her and was unprepared and overwhelmed by the peace and serenity that flowed over him as he opened his mind to her presence. He had an urge to just sit and bask in her company but immediately recognized it was her force and not her spirit that compelled him.

He longed for Allisa's look, the touch of her hand and the balm of her voice. For a brief moment the memory of holding her close filled his thoughts to the exclusion of everything else. The instant the thought of Allisa flooded his mind, Allaphyms charm evaporated. "My lady it is indeed a pleasure to finally make your acquaintance. I thank you for your care of young Lord Kyrus. The rascal led me to believe he was next to a mountain man in experience. However he did manage to find you." He clapped the boy's shoulder good heartedly. "So I suppose he has exhibited some good sense anyway."

"Now, is there anything you need before we get moving? I'm sure we both need to be on our way. Knowing Willaem, he's got some breakfast on the fire by now. You're welcome to join us."

Everace's favorite accessory would be anything that would allow him to post pics on papierce'splaycam.net....:o

"You are at the cave? Yes, we will be glad to share breakfast before we part ways." Allyphym and Princess followed the priest, Celia and Kyrus back along their melting footprints toward the rocky shelter.

((@Oracle: I've got nothing against the tool belt other than the fact that warm skin is nicer, but spurs? I sure hope nobody actually needs spurring to get them going!

@Onefeather: Hrm, shows how much she appreciates all I do to keep certain pics off that site! The cat is constantly trying to post things while we sleep, and he would if I didn't catch him at it!))

Celia

"The Lucky J, huh?" Great! A good tavern is always the best place to start! "Thanks, Ally, I'll do that." Hrm, now what was it Alric said? Breakfast and a cute guy? "If you'll excuse me." I ducked back out and started blazing a path back toward the cavern, cursing heavily when I couldn't quite make it up the slope before sliding back down.

Gathering a little 'extra strength,' I muscled my way on up with the others following along behind me. It didn't take long before we arrived back in the safe, dry cave.

Allisa

"Ah, nevermind. They're back." She raised an eyebrow in surprise at the sight of the newcomers. "And they've brought friends."

Yep, that's Snughe, always out for a buck when he's not winning at blackjack....my quest. is, who's paying the tom for those pics?and with what? cheetreats?:giggle:

Allyphym was startled at the sight of their breakfast chef clad in Zaddock garb....and noticed the tension/attraction between Alissa and Alric, those two should be left alone long enough to get to know each other. She smiled to herself, guiding Twerza to a spot near the flickering campfire. The girl snuggled up against her as they sat down, and played with the crystal flower Kyrus had made, holding it up to the firelight, and watching the sparkles.

Alric had no such problems going up the incline as he had experienced coming down. The sun had finally breached the horizon as they arrived at the cave entrance. There was no need to risk getting wet or stumbling through the cave in the darkness. So he had followed the path back around to the horses.

"Hello the camp," he called into the crevasse. "We have visitors." He was pleased to see the fire brightly burning and Willaem cooking. But far happier to see Allisa awake. He had wanted to grant her and her family some extra sleep. Their travel would be cold and harsh in the coming week. Pressing harder could save them maybe half a day, not nearly enough time to warrant breaking their backs trying to get there sooner.

He eased down next to Allisa and the fire. Pleasantly warmed by the presense of both. "Did you sleep well? I was reluctant to wake you earlier." Again he was trapped in the depths of her eyes. He knew almost nothing about her. He had seen the work of her fathers hand but had never met the man, people rarely ventured to the mission unless they were in need. "Do you help your father as a scribe?" It would please him to know that he had at least that much in common with her.

Frohaver yawned and rolled over as the dawn snuck a beam of light through the tiny second story window in the room above the tack shop. A pillow slid off onto the wooden floor as he kicked briefly, trying to get his cold feet back under the blankets. The fire in the stove was out, and the snowy frost had settled in the corners of the window panes, the air inside was cooling, but he was too lazy to get up and add more fuel to the stove. Again he wished for female company, all he would have to do is pretend to still be asleep, and she certainly would be suckered into putting wood on the fire for him.....and maybe some breakfast, although he had no intention of arising this early, food was a motive that could probably persuade him. Nevermind, he must try a little harder later on to charm some horny woman into taking proper care of him...while he took proper care of her....tugging the covers over his head he soon went back to sleep.

((ugh... PonyPlay episode of Bones and one particularly persistant nightmare come back to her... *shudders*

I like the literal picture much better than all the mental ones I just got. >.< :P))

Willaem swore under his breath, passed out the porridge, and ducked out to get more water. Chuckling, Jacob commented, "He's not much of a morning person... and I'm not sure he's completely awake."

A loud grumble came from outside, "JACOB!"

Jacob grinned at the others but responded in what sounded like a genuinely dejected voice, "Sorry, Willaem."

Willaem came back in, muttering and shaking his head. Putting a bit more porridge on the fire, he turned to the newcomers, "Sorry... I was only expecting one person to be joining us." So... Alric is interested in Allisa. Good... I'd hate if my instincts were wrong twice in a row. That stupid Julianna... why did I have to dream about her?

Allaphym located a large knobby piece of ginger root in her pack, and a big solid lump of brown sugar that she offered to Willaem, hand outstretched.

"Are these to your tastes? Please take them and prepare whatever you like."

Her dark eyes assessed the camp's self appointed cook, still wondering about his Zaddock uniform.

Willaem nodded to her and shaved some of the root, adding the brown sugar later, "You're from the rebel camp." Jacob raised an eyebrow slightly but took the bowl he was handed quietly. She did not seem to recognize Willaem but... "I've seen you in passing before. The changing of one's clothes can do wonders for their appearance." Now Jacob understood and was able to eat in peace. "If you will excuse me for a second." Willaem left the cave again with a small bundle but came back shortly in what could have been shepherd's clothes. He looked to Jacob, "This is why I did not have you change before we left after Celia. I knew there was a chance we'd visit."

((My apologies for being gone so long. I have three pages to catch up on. I'll post sometime tomorrow morning.))

Edit:

Morning rays crept through the window and lay warmly across Bellyndra's face. The fire in the hearth had dwindled down to hot coals. Bellyndra tossed another log on the fire before she started her early morning routine. The log caught quickly and took the chill off the room.

Bellyndra sat by the hearth drying her hair from her bath and sipping hot herb tea. Her head was still swimming from last night and morning had indeed come too quickly.

She ran through a laundry list of things she had to get done today. I need to go over and check on ma and pa. They had a small cough and she wanted to make sure they were getting better. And Travist... oh, dear, Travist... how dreamy he was...

Bellyndra shook her head to clear the cobwebs and nearly fell off her chair doing it. "Dang, girl, pull yourself together!" she thought. Whew... well, I'd have to talk with him to set up the sparring matches and see if he would set a meeting of the elders. She definitely needed to talk with them. She had promised Allaphym that she would speak to them on her behalf.

"Well," Bellyndra thought, "I'd better get up from here. My day is already filled and no telling what will come my way inbetween." She set about getting dressed.

((I'm waiting on Everace ;)Poor Alrics tender heart is about to break, lol.

In fact, Quote: I sighed. "I would if I could, but she's kinda far away right now. Actually, you can tell when I'm with her... all the sudden the suggestiveness of my writing will drop off sharply."

So, if the suggestivness drops off sharply..., what are we to surmise when he's not even here? :oops: Great now I'm getting bored. This is not good. ))

((Heh, sorry but that's not the case just yet. Actually I'm working pretty much non-stop on a bunch of projects that are all coming due at the same time... I've still got 2/3 left to do, so I may be MIA for a while.))