Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Insurrection - An RP

((Marian, you're using this as your NaNo? Aren't you supposed to use a novel you've written yourself?))

Allisa

Gerald smiled. "Come now, my boy, you don't get to my age without learning at least the basics of travel! It's the kids that're having the most trouble." Brock colored at the word 'kids,'

"Dad, please! I can handle that dumb four legged brute as well as any other stubborn beast!" He retorted. The mare Brock had been riding snorted and stamped the ground once.

Gerald smiled. "Can you? I don't think she agrees."

Allisa could see that convincing Brock to give up his pride and ride double would not be easy, but she further noticed Jacob resisting the idea of her sharing his saddle. She wasn't sure of the reason, but didn't want to make him uncomfortable. "Why don't I ride behind Willaem? He's been up this way before, and I'd enjoy the opportunity to hear the local lore."

((I'm only using the parts I write. Every word of fiction I type this month, I'm counting. I don't count your posts... but I have to have something to interact with. ;)))

Willaem smiled, "Fine with me. Jacob, take Celia's back. No need for you to be in front, I think. Besides, it's easier to ignore someone when they're not in your ear."

Jacob colored, "I had no intention of igno-"

"It's fine, Jacob... it's fine. Brock, if you need any help later on, Jake will be perfectly happy leading for you." Willaem winked and put Allisa's things on the horse he intended to take.

Kyrus looked up at them all, a bit bewildered. "Pray tell which horse am I suppose to ride? I really don't care which horse, but I would prefer to not walk." He knew he was being sarcastic, but truth to tell the cold was getting to him. It was all he could do to keep from shivering, and the thought of a warm horse beneath him was welcoming.

Celia

Tsk! "You're gonna say something like that right in front of me, huh?" I spat, watching it on it's way down. Stayed liquid until after it hit the ground... a good sign, I think. "Fine. Dish out the insults all you like, we'll see how much good that kind of karma does you later on."

A shot a glare that softened to a glance when Kyrus spoke. "You're riding double with me. That'll settle the horse shortage." He was light, which would be easy on my horse, and it was hard not to like a kid that thought I was pretty.

"If you didn't insist on pestering him with your crude humor, Celia, I wouldn't have to," Willaem chastised cooly. Turning to the young lord he smiled warmly at him, "I'm sorry, lad. You keep so quiet I forgot you were there. I'm used to rambunctous officers and soldierlings." Willaem mounted the horse and offered his arm to help Allisa.

((W/A C/K B G J... do we have 5 horses? or do we need one more pairing?))

((>.< you just had to introduce her to WOW, didn't you? *shakes head* hopefully she'll be bored of it soon.

*cools heels and waits for free time and the crashing of WOW to free up certain people's time... or boredom.*))

((Gee thanks Everace :P, Meanwhile, Alric sneaks off to the The Tavern of the Goddess of Chaos,in another Realm, where he delights in the atmosphere of desirable women. The effervescent Jin is busy jiggling her delicate hips. All the while, teaching the ethereal Celeste to belly dance for her new beau Andros. In the mean time Alacrity and Axyl are having a fist-i-cuff on the floor, (some dispute over a talisman.) All in all, he'll force himself to await the coming wrath of Allisa. In fact as he up ends his third mug of ale and joins in the belly dancing lessons, he sheepishly knocks on your screen and says, "Take your time boy!" ))

@Everyone ~ sorry *blushes*, Everace sure knows how to cover his handsome !!! everywhere but with me....WOW is really big fun :D (you all know better than to fall for that line).

Allaphym mounted the steed offered to her with lithe grace, and leaned down grasping Twerza's small hand, pulling the girl up as she first got her tiny foot into the stirrup, and then the rest of the way until the child was sitting in the saddle in front of her. Princess' curly head barely reached her guardian's chin. They waited for Alric, who for some moments had a preoccupied unfathomable look on his face, as though he was daydreaming, probably thoughts of his recent rejection by the lovely Alissa were bewildering him.

With determined stride Alric continued back to Allaphym. His face struggling with his internal dilema, he did his best to hide the fact that he would rather be heading to Hayote. She had settled nicely on her horse with Twerza and appeared ready to depart. Strapping his pack to the back of the saddle, while talking softly to his horse, he too, mounted up.

He took one last look over his shoulder at the departing Allisa, her frame slowly being engulfed by the morning fog. A few more steps and she was gone from his sight. Then clucking to his mount and lightly slapping the reins against it's neck, they were off. Knowing they would easily make it back down the hill before nightfall, he set a gentle pace for the horses. Feeling sullen, of the moment, he rode in silence, pondering what lay in store for them.

((Allisa arrived at the Tavern of the Chaotic Goddess, seeming in somewhat of a hurry. She hopped over the still brawling Alacrity and Axyl and made a distracted beeline for the dancers Alric had joined. "Sorry I'm late." She said, shucking off her mountain gear to reveal red and pink silk dancer's garments underneath. "It's so hard to find time for my daily lesson's any... any... Alric!?"

She took only a moment to recover from her surprise. "Oh, is this a tavern? That's not right, I was looking for..." She glanced down at her sensous outfit and blushed. "...um, a tailor. Bye." She beat a hasty, nearly dignified retreat. ))

Celia

"Tsk! Would've been all in good fun if he hadn't over-reacted and blown a fuse. I tell you, the... GOAT!!!" I kicked my horse hard in the sides and set him galloping almost straight away, intent on cornering and tipping the mountain goat I'd just spotted. Didn't really think about things like, was it on the path? Did Kyrus have a good enough grip not to fall off? Why the heck should I want to tip a goat anyway? Those things didn't matter. What mattered was the task at hand!

Or at least, it did until the thing starting hopping lightly up a nearly vertical rock face. I slowed my horse. "Wow! This is gonna take some planning!" I remarked, watching him disappear from sight.

Willaem shook his head and sighed, setting off on the path they were supposed to be going on. Jacob glared in Celia's direction but said nothing as he mounted his horse and galloped ahead. Sighing, Willaem called, "You have no idea where we're going, Jacob. You're going to get lost. Just ignore her."

Celia

My goat lost for the moment, I rejoined Willaem. Jacob had rushed on ahead, and I'd heard Willaem calling after him. "Again, huh?" I looked out in the direction Jacob had taken, then frowned. My eyebrows drew together and I became serious for a moment as an old memory bit at me sharply. "He could get into alot of trouble if he doesn't grow some thicker skin, you know."

My grip on the reigns tightened. "Young guys who always take things so seriously, they're the kind that end up stabbed to death in bar fights over some stupid insult they couldn't let slide."

Willaem grunted, "He just doesn't want any girl trying to get him in their skin. He likes being his own man... tries to focus only on his job... his real job. Girls around base call him the Ice Prince. Not to his face, of course... but quite a few have asked me to get him drunk so he'll warm up." Willaem chuckled, "But the boy won't touch alcohol... won't go into a bar unless there's some job related reason to... and he's generally good at telling when we're trying to pull his leg. Men's comments he completely ignores... he'd already be dead if he didn't. No need to worry about Jacob, Celia. You might be more careful, though. He doesn't take well to people being forward or untruthful with him. Both of which are categories you fall in."

Celia

I snorted. "I hope you mean be careful not to hurt his feelings, 'cause boys pose no threat to me, Willaem. What's more, I've never been 'untruthful' with him without making it super obvious that I'm playing." I let my eyes wander back off in the direction Jacob had taken. "You just remember that men aren't the only ones who can get mean and decide to pick fights... and women don't always fight with their weapons. His training doesn't cover that kind of fight, but if he doesn't learn how to avoid it or deal with it he'll be just as dead. Or worse."

My mood soured as my disgust deepened. "And that tantrum back in the cave is all the proof I need that he's not exactly the best at spotting when I'm pulling his leg. Maybe he didn't like my joke? That's fine, but most people I know stop short of freezing themselves over a bad joke!" I vented a frustrated sigh. "I didn't even get to tip my goat yet, either..."

"You were quite untruthful with us back at the base, Celia. And I wasn't warning you about Jacob. He won't hit a woman who doesn't directly pose a threat to him and he'll learn to ignore you too. Some men, however will take your comments at face value... sometimes together. I don't know that you'd be able to handle that. Men wanting to get under a woman's skin are much harder to handle than those just insulted or looking for a fight. That very reason is why you and Allisa's family are here."

Celia

My gaze fell dully upon him, uncertain whether I'd heard him correctly. I brought my hand to my brow, kneeded my forehead, then exploded, "Just WHO do you take me for!? I grew up in the slums making my own **** way on the street, fool! I know how to take care of myself, I know what kinds of men are dangerous, and..." I smirked finally, settling myself back down. "...I know when it's safe to tease. Besides, when was I untruthful back at the base? I seem to recall giving you everything I had on the case, then being wrongfully accused of a bunch of different things by YOU." I snapped my finger out to point straight at him. "Without a shred of evidence."

((Done and done Everace. ))

Kyrus

Kyrus was beginning to wonder if perhaps it would have been better to walk all the way to Hayote. He was clinging to a woman that seemed to be half demoness, half wild cat. What was this fascination she had with goats? She almost threw him from the horse with her wild antics. And her temper! The truth was, he was scared to hold onto her and terrified to let go. He fervently prayed they would not find any more goats, at least while he was on her horse.

~

Alric

The winter fog, that separated the two parties, slowly evaporated in the rising sun. As the oppressive quiet of the morning lessened, Alric's silence grew heavier. Though a smile did crack the solemn expression on his face when he heard the unmistakable echo of, "GOAT-Goat-goat..".

In the clearing sky above, Izzy flew gently on a thermal layer. Alric raised his arm and called with a shrill whistle. Without hesitation she descended, to land on his outstretched arm. Gently he rubbed her neck feathers, as her knowing eyes pierced his gaze. He bought her close and whispered his wishes to her. The next instant she had launched herself skyward and headed back to the others.

With a slightly easier heart, he turned his attention to Allaphym. "My lady, do you really think this plan of yours has a chance of succeeding? You are resting the fate of the kingdom on the chance young Twerza can turn the Prince's head. What makes you think it will work?"

"Glad you know when to keep that trap shut then. I don't like the thought of women I know- even if I don't necessarily like them yet- getting hurt." Willaem shifted uncomfortably on the saddle, "As for untruthfulness, you gave us pathetic excuses for evidence and description. You had to trick your way into the city- making on our guards relieve himself where he stood. You killed many of our own- some innocents who were on their first blinded missions. And just as we were going to get somewhere, you disappear off just as Ju- your companion was caught stealing a fairly large amount from some noble's manor." Frowning, Willaem spurred forward, muttering something like, "I thought she, at least, I could trust... maybe even like safely."

Celia

"You forgot to mention where I lied about anything to you. Oh wait... never!" I stuck out my tongue at his back. To tell the truth, I was really starting to hate Willaem. He never seemed to have anything nice to say to me, and it was irritating having to listen to him complain or criticize all the darn time.

I grunted, a little short of breath, and quickly realized it was because my tum was getting squeezed. "Kyrus, hun, loosen your grip a bit." I said, wriggling to give myself a little breathing room. I glanced over my shoulder at him. None of the rest of the group were a whole lot of fun, mostly they seemed interested in getting on my case. Maybe I could be this kid's friend until we got to Hayote? I sure as heck needed somebody to talk to who wasn't gonna pick a fight with me.

"So you were saved by Alric too? Mr. Priest does seem to get around." I gave him a half-smile, my mood still a bit dampened by a certain nameless idiot Zaddok. "I'd like to here your story, if you wanna tell it. Who were you before you had to turn fugitive on account of the Zaddok?"

His eyes went wide as he loosened his grip slightly. He hadn't realised he'd been clutching her quite so hard. Trying to swallow past the lump in his throat failed, and sent him into a fit of coughing. When he did try to answer, his voice cracked. It seemed to be doing that a lot lately, but why did it have to choose now?

"My parents were close to the royal family in Torvir." He wasn't about to divulge specifics. "When my talent started showing itself, the local priest suggested it might be best to get me out of the capital. The next day Alric had me drugged and hidden in a wagon. It all happened so quick, my head still feels like it's spinning."

This was unexpected, her being nice. He was beginning to feel uncomfortable holding on to her at all, but it was that or risk falling. Something about her almost looked lonely, he knew that feeling well. "Why did you come up here? Really?"