Jump to content
Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Aeternus

Insurrection - An RP

Recommended Posts

((umm... if she uses magic, she WILL BE KILLED. I thought Willaem had made that quite clear. The magic using sect of the Zaddock are chosen from Zaddock officers. Recruits or wanna be's using magic are KILLED.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((thanks))

Willaem mentally scanned his opponent, searching for her weaknesses. Running at her, he feigned to the left before jabbing at her right side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allisa

 

Allisa's eyes widened when she heard Alric's voice coming from the blackened individual. She blushed as recognition dawned, likely due to the fact that 'Alric' and 'bath' were now in the same thought. "Ah..." She focused on the questions she'd been asked to compose herself. "Father's still a bit shaken, so he's been trying to calm himself and take this at his own pace. I myself am..." She shook her head. "...oh, I don't know. What can I think about losing the only home I've known since I was born?" A sigh.

 

"You yourself seem to have had a rough time." She changed the subject. "You said that Dredrick got away? Please don't worry about that. He may be a coward and a b******, but I haven't the energy to waste wishing people like him dead. What's more important is that you and Brock are safe, even if you are covered in, ah, ink?" She guessed, not quite sure what to make of his coloration.

 

She blinked. "You said we had a guest? A lady that you don't trust, waiting alongside my brother?" She thought on that briefly. "Why don't I tend to her? I'm sure I don't know any of your secrets, so she can't get them out of me even if she tries."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alric chuckled and bowed in homage to the dear woman. She could easily steal his heart if she kept up talk like that. It was as if every word she spoke were perfection. He loved how her smile made his heart clench. The stuff of dreams, he thought. But that just reminded him of how desperately he needed sleep.

 

"Allisa, there could be no greater boon at this time that you could provide. It would please me well if you looked after her. Just be cautious, she is a wily one that I fear may flutter every which way in the wind. When I said I didn't trust her, that was putting it mildly."

 

He wanted to do nothing more than sit in the chair and bask in Allisa's company without a care in the world. Suddenly he was wishing for the quieter times that existed before the Zaddock had gained power. But that was a silly wisp of a thought, soon dismissed by reality.

 

"Now, as much as I hate to leave your lovely company, I need to get cleaned, eat and then rest if I am going to be of any use to anyone tonight. Make sure you get some rest too. From this point on every moment we need to be wary of the unexpected."

 

He winked and exited the room to see after his needs. It had been an interesting hell filled day but he wouldn't trade a second of it. Whatever, goddess had brought their paths to cross he would willingly praise. It had been far too long since something good had come his way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kisha let out a small grunt, but she really wasn't hurting. She quickly sidestepped behind him, then hit at the central nervous system. In her mind, she went through the battle steps she had figured out:

 

Step 1: Make the opponent think that they're winning.

 

Step 2: Continue step 1.

 

Step 3: When your opponent immediately shows overconfidence, take the chance to attack at full power.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willaem looked over his shoulder, everything tense. Quickly, he caught her wrist- her fingers barely hitting him and pulled her over his shoulder to throw her to the ground.

((she will go to the ground... but it's up to you whether she hits/falls or uses it to her advantage. ;)))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kisha fell to the ground with a thud. She quickly got up, though, and swung her leg underneath his legs, which would cause him to fall.

 

((Is this better?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((umm... that wouldn't be possible without hurting HER. One- her wrist would be in a very awkward position from the start and two- he's a very tall, built man. He'd be pretty heavy. by to her advantage I meant bringing him to the ground with her, using his weight against him... I don't think it would work the other way. Someone correct me if I'm wrong... Ev?))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(( She could fall roll and kick out or land in a deep squat and pull the hand that flipped her;)Fighting is more than just words and is harder than it looks. ))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((mmm... the kick would work... and rolling period would work... but the deep squat I think would have the same problem... sticky situation here.

It works in the sense that it wouldn't hurt her... but getting up before kicking is a BIG mistake.))

Willaem caught her leg and pushed forward so she would fall back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((I can see the squat thing in my head but describing is another story, almost akin to landing on her bottom with her feet on the floor. Then rolling backward and pulling while putting her feet up to his middle and flipping him over herself.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((If only we had one. That would make this so much more easier. Like some of my video games, where they show you what moves your opponent's making.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((@marian: A counter shoulder toss? Hrm, I suppose it's possible. The problem would be landing on her feet to begin with, which is unlikely as the victim of Willaem's toss... usually it's done in such a manner as to land the target on his/her back. Also it's not just a matter of getting her feet on the ground, she has to have them planted and ready, with the rest of her in an upright position. If she somehow managed that, she'd just need to grab his arm and keep the momentum going. Weight usually isn't an issue for the shoulder toss unless the person being tossed is seriously huge.

 

Summarized, it's quite unlikely. Even so, not alot of people make it their hobby to know about any of that. Maybe just go with it unless it gets really outrageous? Otherwise this could turn into 'PHED 325: The Physics of Fighting'

 

 

@Oracle: Will edit this post to include IC sometime tommorrow, for now it's getting a bit late over here...

 

edit: Poo... this post is way too late.))

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Allisa

 

"Rest well." She bade Arlic as he went. After he'd gone, she moved to the foyer to see to her brother and the untrustworthy woman.

 

 

Celia

 

I'd been waiting for a while when some woman showed up. She looked all around and asked, "Where's Brock?" Heh, cutie, she's getting a little worry crease. Well now I've got a name to pin on Mr. Doorman... I wonder who this gal is?

 

"Who're you? His lover?" I put a sultry emphasis on the last word to see how she'd react. The look she gave me was... disgusted.

 

"He's my brother." She snapped, then turned suspicious. "Did you do something to him? Why isn't he waiting here, like I was told?"

 

Heh, she's kinda scrappy! Makes me wanna tease her a bit more. "Did I do something to him?" I reapeated innocently, then broke into a sassy grin. "Hmmm, I wonder? Just what might I have done to... or with... you're little brother?" I mused aloud with a slight sway of my hips.

 

"I'm her older brother, actually." Came his voice from behind me.

 

"Brock!" She cried in relief and rushed forward to throw her arms around him, sooting herself up in the process. "Where were you?" She asked when she pulled back.

 

"Taking care of something." He waved his hand with overdone nonchalance. Both us girls frowned. Her's was probably because it was so clear he'd been up to something, and mine was because he'd interrupted before I'd gotten a reaction out of her.

 

"Well." She didn't look sure just what to accuse him of. "Brother Winfrey is getting some food and bathwater ready. Head down that way and you ought to find him." She waved, and he took off with a quick nod. I guess he was happy to be away before any more questions came out. "You want to get cleaned off?" The girl asked me somewhat less aggressively. She seems less tense now that her brother's back. I'd kinda like to know what's going on around here, even if I'm not sticking around... maybe I'll be a bit more friendly.

 

"Sure." I smiled gratefully. "I'll even give you the lowdown on how everything went down back at the house."

 

"Oh, would you? I'd like to hear that." She took a step forward, then hesitated. "You mind leaving your weapon here?" She asked.

 

"As a rule, I don't take my crossbow into the tub with me." I told her, keeping my tone neutral as my smile turned a bit more joking. "I'll leave it with my clothes, but not here."

 

It was clear that she didn't trust me. Even so, she shrugged. "I suppose that's fine." She motioned me to follow, and so I did. "I'm Allisa. You?"

 

"Celia."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ahhhh." Alric slid down into the huge wooden bathing tub. The water was tepid but still refreshing to his worn exhausted muscles. He laid his head back with his neck across the rim. Within seconds he had dosed off, then almost instantly jerked awake.

 

"Man, do I need some sleep." He mumbled aloud. "Food and sleep"

He scrub himself thoroughly and once suitably cleaned and dressed, he headed for the kitchen.

 

He settled onto the bench just as a youth approached him with a steaming bowl of stew and a roll of bread. He dove in with relish then scanned the room for Brock. I wonder where he got to?.

 

Edit~

 

Alric finished up his meal in solitude. Upon leaving the table he made his way to Winfreys private quarters and rapped lightly on the doors.

 

"Enter." Winfrey looked up from his prayer tome and smiled. Placing a marker, he carefully closed the book and set it on the table. Scooting to the edge of his chair he motioned Alric into the other.

 

"Got yourself into a real mess, my boy. Although I must say I understand your motivation." He winked and gave Alric a curious half smile.

 

Alric flushed under his collar and nodded as he sat.

 

"I hate to make another run so soon but I really need to get them out of here tonight. I wish there was some way to make it easier on her father. It will be an incredibly hard march for him. We could take the horses but the trail they leave is unmistakable. We've gotten away with this so far because we've been careful to leave no traces. Oh, and that woman! I trust her about as much as I trust a scorpion."

Alric rubbed his hands over his face, he needed to rest so he could think clearly. He was seriously concerned that the swine that wanted Allisa would track them here.

 

Winfrey nodded agreement, then noticed Alric was just short of passing out. Grabbing his elbow he led him to his own sleeping chambers and sat him firmly on the bed.

 

"Don't get up until you've had at least a few hours sleep or you will be good for nothing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((May I assume a few hours of rest/food/bathing for our characters? Let me know if you wanna rewind, I'll edit.))

 

Celia, City Streets

 

Ah! Nice and clean, full belly, and I finally got away from that stuffy mission! Don't get me wrong, Allisa's a nice enought chit, but she didn't have even the slightest bit of juicy info to give up in return for my... slightly embellished... story of what happened in the burning house. Brock joined us during the meal, but he was pretty closed-lipped about everything too, even with the both of us pressing him to tell where he'd been.

 

Well, whatever, those people are in the past now. I'd taken my leave as everyone else was heading off to catch a little evening nap, so there wasn't any sense thinking about them any longer. Now then... I still have to figure out what I wanted to know in the first place, but I sure as heck ain't knockin' on any more doors! I stopped a passing soldier out on patrol, "Excuse me, where's the nearest inn?" I asked politely.

 

He stared at me a minute a bit oddly before saying, "Down the road that way, turn left onto Horseman's Lane. It's called the Sleepy Stooge Slumber Sack. If you'll pardon me, I'm on patrol..." It was strange how quick he rushed off, and stranger how badly he limped as he did so. Well, whatever! I'm going to find that inn and get some sleep!

 

 

Mazza

 

It was her! That ***** from the house! The one who'd shot him in his... he stiffled a sob as he limped on urgently. She would PAY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

((rofl, that was too funny Everace, even when I read it the second time. No need to rewind, I'll pm if I ever have plans that can't be altered;)

btw, where is everyone else in this rp, hmmm?? ))

 

 

Alric came out of his sleep haunted by dream images he couldn't shake off. He couldn't remember them but still they were niggling at his thoughts as though they held some importance. The first moon was shining through his window and he figured the sun had been set for about an hour. He had had sufficient sleep to restore himself and set about changing his clothes.

 

He tied his shoulder length black hair with a leather strap and donned his knee high black boots. Just one look in the mirror and he was ready to go. He balked a little at his slightly large nose, the creases appearing by his eyes, and the strands of grey at is temples. "Bah! She likes me or she doesn't!" He reached for his sword on the table.

 

He had no intention of dropping Allisa and her family off at the pass like the bulk of escapees, he intended to take them personally to Hayote. He needed to check on the preparations for the rebellion anyway. Not to mention, though he didn't want to admit it openly, he just plain didn't want to leave her just yet. There was something about her that made him feel alive like never before. With that thought he left his room and headed for the guest quarters.

 

He rapped lightly at her door, "Allisa, are you awake?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...