Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
excalibur

Last Scenario

Hi !

While searching for a new game I came across this game and I was surprised that nobody in ever played this game.

This game has an interesting story line and I am sure of it that all those who liked aveyond and everlong will also like this game.

I am placing a link for its download.

http://www.sinisterdesign.net/Downloads/Last%20Scenario%20v101.zip

aislingyngaio: Permission from creator obtained by user 7455 (MidnightPearl).

wow yes this game is quite nice! i discovered it around the time i discovered Everlong. Here's the link to the Last Scenario page on SCF's site:

http://www.scfworks.com/ls.php

I think the game's language is slightly above pg-13, which is quite an achievement considering the forum the developer originally released it at (Something Awful Forum) is rated a definite R. Nevertheless, it's kinda corny at first but by the end you just wanna delve into it again.

Also, here's a link to ProfPuppet's Last Scenario walkthrough:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQDYDI0L

Looks good. Thanks for sharing. :blink:

Lately I've been looking left and right for RPGs, but most of them just didn't seem to strike the "download me" switch.

Also, aisling, how corny is "corny"? lol. Corny can be cute and funny, so it's not always a bad thing. :D

Has anyone been able to use this game with Vista. The game loads fine but there's no text. I know the game says it needs MS Gothic font which is loaded on my computer but it still doesn't work.

I know that it says that the game "works well without it," I've seen that. But I would have to disagree with the 'works well' part when none of the text shows. And I do have MS gothic loaded on my computer. I've seen comments from other people with the same problem but no one seems to know how to fix it. I was hoping someone might know.

Mizzou, do you know if this problem only happens with Vista? I'm thinking maybe the game just hasn't been updated to run properly on vista or something like that.

I believe the "manual" document that comes with the game has some contact information, so maybe you can try e-mailing the game creator.

Thanks, I hadn't thought of that. I'll have to download the game again and take a look.

I've played the game before on my old computer but never got around to finishing it. I really loved the hex board game in it. I think I spent more time playing that than the actual game.

I'm really enjoying the hex game as well. :)

aisling, you were right, the start is a bit slow in terms of storyline... and the beginning is a little corny, but it does get better later. I'm at the point where I just got Lorenza, and now the plot thickens. :evil:

This is a pretty good game. There are quite a few grammar/spelling errors though... so I play with slight annoyance... but the game is pretty good.

It reminds me of a Final Fantasy game in some ways. XD

I've played for three hours so far, and last night I had a dream about Hex. *rolls eyes*

One problem I'm having though, is that every now and then, I get a message that says "Script Hanging". I can get past that point when I open the game again... but some times this sets me back minutes of gameplay because of the saves. Anyone know why it does this?

I`ve downloaded this game a few days ago and I feel really stupid. :oops: :S

I still can`t find the cat in the mine. I`ve tried 1 000 000 times.

I enter the mine, gain a few levels, press the switch but nothing is happening.

Am I blind or something? :S :roll:

MarianFrae, I haven't had the script hanging problem, either. I downloaded my game from the same source. Are you on windows vista? I think Mizzou was having some problems running the game on vista, so if you have vista as well, maybe that is what's causing the problem.

For the griffin, I'd also recommend having a good amount of health supplies. So far I've found the boss fights to be a good step up from the regular monsters.

Okay:

From the entrance, head north. Push the boulder out of the way and cross the bridge. Head through the opening.

In the next room, head through the north opening, and you'll end up in the upper ledge. Flip the switch, return to the lower room, and head down the south stairs.

Cross the LONG bridge east to the other side.

Climb down the ladder and head south until you encounter 8 boulders blocking your way. Push these out of the way to gain access to the south opening (you can explore the west opening later; it leads to a shortcut to the cave exit).

Save at the save gem and follow the path to the griffin's lair.

Nope, I'm not on Vista.

The griffin was actually pretty easy for me... I didn't need a single item. *shrugs*

EDIT: Erm... ok... anyone have suggestions as to what to use against the Marid King?

lol aisling :D

Sorry if I`m going on your nerves but there`s nothing, there is not even a sound when I press the switch.

Well I will download it again and reinstall it.

Wish me luck :D:lol: