Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
excalibur

Last Scenario

Notice the status inflictions, then take care to prevent it. Have the higher max MP person equip a healing card ("Heal" if possible, but if not, equip "Cure" on both). I don't really remember if the guardian has any elemental weakness so you can try a few spellcards to see if any elements damage the opponent in red numbers (Red = heavy elemental damage, White = normal damage, Grey = low elemental damage, Green = heal o.O ). Remember that Zawu's speed is faster than Hilbert (and the enemy's if my memory serves), so tuck that fact while you're battling the dragon.

I have already played this game once and had to restart because I was stuck inside an enemy camp trying to fight the boss guy with very few health potions and no shops/chests to get anymore. The boss always goes first (higher speed than my characters) and is really strong. Any tricks on how to beat him....

flammable, are you in Antar Camp, battling Felgorn?

If you saved in a different slot, you can try going back and leveling up in that endless hallway, where the enemies keep coming at you. If you don't have a recent save, I'm not really sure what to suggest. I don't think he was especially weak to anything, so maybe you just need to keep trying.

If you have a heal card, definitely equip that, and try using it every turn or so. With this battle, I think the main problem is that you take a lot of damage, and that the enemy has very high speed. If you a Hurry card, you could try using that too to get your speed up.

well this is all about Felgorn....

Felgorn

Level: 30

Win: Swing spellcard

Hex: Sirius Lux

Steal: Key Tablet II

so you simply have to raise your level upto 30 and then it would be no match for you.

And as the whisperingmist said you can always level up in the hallway.....the soldiers which you will encounter there will give you green herb if you will use the steal spellcard.

MoonPrincess, I just got to the dragon part. If you're still having trouble getting through, you should try equipping a flame amulet or an undine charm if you have either. I don't remember where I got the flame amulet, probably in a chest somewhere, but the undine charm can be obtained from any hex trading centers. You can also try equipping the prismal wand if you have that.

If all three options are available to you, the flame amulet works best. It absorbs fire damage, so any time the dragon uses a fire-based attack on you, it'll actually heal you. The other two (undine charm and prismal wand) halve fire damage, so that still helps.

In addition to what aisling said, I think the Regen card is also a good one to have here. Just make sure you cast Regen early in the battle so that your characters can keep healing before they take too much damage. If you have the flame amulet, you should try Regen first on the person who doesn't have the amulet equipped.

Just equipping the right accessories made a huge difference for me. The first time I got completely annihilated in a couple of rounds, but after equipping the amulet and the prismal wand, the battle got much easier. :)

@whisperingmist thank you but I already beat the dragon,a few days ago :)

I used the fire ring and it was easy :)

Now I`m stuck again but I know what I must do, I must train and gain levels :D

Walkthrough was written using Last Scenario v 1.01, though there is a 1.21 out now that fixes some bugs and is compatible with previous saves. I recommend using 1.21 to avoid a few rare game-stopping bugs. Download the game via IndyGamer or the SomethingAwful thread, or check out filefront or what have you- it’s been put a lot of places, and there’s no main website for the game.

Intro

[intro_]

This walkthrough and FAQ is very spoiler-light. Most RPG’s only have a token generic backstory, even AAA titles like Oblivion. Last Scenario, though, has a very well-written story. (Though it won’t seem this way at first. Give the game time, and the rug will be pulled out from under you. Repeatedly.) Thus, I’ll avoid referring to certain characters and encounters by name, to avoid spoiling the plot. The walkthrough will mainly help you find out where to go next to progress the plot, and work your way through the puzzles in dungeons. This is my first walkthrough/FAQ, so be gentle and whisper sweet nothings in my ear.

One final piece of advice: Don’t feel the need to get everything on the first run through the game. You can start a New Game+ (Keep all your levels/ spellcards/hex tiles/equipment except plot items/etc) and start from the beginning, and blaze through the parts you like before getting into the extras and optional areas.

Also, save in multiple slots at different places. If you’re about to fight a boss, or think you’re about to, save in a different slot.

Alt-Enter will switch the game to fullscreen or back to windowed.

Help, this boss is too hard!

[bossg_]

Here are a few things to keep in mind.

1- Items in this game are meant to be used. Your inventory may look very pretty with a lot of Soul Elixirs, Diamond Dusts, and Titan Fists. But they don’t do you a lot of good just sitting there. Non-elemental damage items can be very, very useful against magic resistant and immune enemies.

2- There are very few places where you can’t backtrack out and find more enemies to fight to level up. If you don’t feel like grinding, try one of the optional dungeons. They provide great rewards and will unlock further optional content.

3- Build up your Crisis Meters by sitting around a save point and letting monsters thump on you until it’s full.

4- The Laser spellcard pierces magic defense. This is useful against foes that have high Vitality and are resistant/immune to/absorb elemental damage.

5- Mindblow and other magic point damaging spellcards can help you wipe out an enemy’s mana pool so they can’t cast killer spells.

6- Status effects are killer. There is equipment that protects from various status effects, spellcards that help remove them, and items that help remove them.

7- Many boss fights will take you a couple of tries before you can defeat them. Don’t get discouraged. I don’t think there is a single person who can waltz through every boss fight their first time on the game. You’re going to die. Just make sure you save often and in different slots.

8- All bosses are killable. Even the ones that seem horribly difficult when you Scan them, and mop the floor with you on the first turn. See #7.

9- Consider using equipment you normally wouldn’t if status effects are killing you. Yes, Hilbert will take more physical damage when wearing that pretty white dress, but he won’t be hit by Chaos and start butchering his friends.

10- I provide strategies for the optional bosses, but not the storyline ones. (See the optional and boss bestiary section.)

Main Plot Walkthrough

[walk_]

This walkthrough is fairly spoiler-light. For the later areas I’ll provide more complete walkthroughs of the dungeons, as the puzzles and backtracking seem to stump some people. The early and middle dungeons are fairly simple and I’ll merely point you towards their location. This is a walkthrough to advance the storyline- the optional areas and quests are towards the end of the FAQ, and there are many you can do before the tail end of the game, so explore! Note that you can spend a lot of time exploring towns and other areas that I don’t really cover much, so if you need a break from everything, go chat up townsfolk and play a game of Hex or two. Or check out that strange tower people have been talking about that nobody who goes in, ever comes out again. Exploration is fun, and save points are everywhere.

Lakeshire- Head out of town via the North path, and go Northwest on the worldmap to the Abandoned Copper Mine.

Abandoned Copper Mine- “I see a hairball. It’s still warm… She’s close.”

Push the boulders out of the way by walking up next to them, facing them, and hitting the use key. Continue onwards, and don’t forget to use the save point.

Return to Lakeshire, then talk to your sister, Joanna.

Proceed North on the worldmap to the Redhill Pass.

Redhill Pass- “Mr. Guardsman, you’re standing three feet away from me, staring at a wall while I’m being butchered by bandits.”

Work your way through here, making sure to go through the small cave above a tree, which is next to the save point. Once you exit, head East to Stonewall.

Stonewall- Head to the Army HQ and talk to the man at the desk, Welling. Then follow Tazar. Talk to Matilda when you’re ready to advance the plot.

Farin Island Base- “It looks dangerous… Send the new guy.”

Explore to your heart’s content. This area is fairly linear. When you reach it, a button in the grassy area will open the door.

Return to Whitelake Town and talk with your sister.

Return to Stonewall and go to Tazar’s office, above your barracks to continue.

Go to Stonewall Port, Northeast of Stonewall City and talk to the soldier, Wyald.

Northern Outpost- To the right of the save point, behind a tree, is a chest you should grab. You can talk to the healer, Lonne, if you wish to play a Hex game here. Talk to Yorick in the supply room for some items. You can buy items and sleep in this room, too. Go talk to Tazar, then outside talk to Wyald on the dock when you’re ready to advance the plot.

Fort Walstein- “The best petting zoo in the world!”

Work your way through until you get the key, then go find the others and hit the switch to proceed. When you hit the switch after talking to the researcher, return to the previous room and go into the cage in the upper right corner of the room to get a chest. In the blocked-off room with four cages and three switches, hit the leftmost and then the middle switch to proceed. It’s fairly obvious where to go and what to do next.

Proceed Northeast into the Voldon Mountains.

Voldon Mountains- “Postcard- I’m at Depressing Lecture Point, wish you were here.”

Make sure to grab the Steal spellcard in the Riverside area here. Save when you can.

Proceed Southeast to Lunei Village.

Talk to Luther at the docks to leave.

Return to Stonewall.

Go to Matilda’s house, which is in Stonewall Square, and talk to her husband. Then go to the second floor of the Army HQ to find Matilda.

Go to Stonewall Port and talk to your teammate.

Underground Waterway- “We all live near the coast but none of us can swim in water only five feet deep?”

There are levers here that will change the water levels, allowing access to new areas. Don’t miss the chests to the right and up the ladder in the newly accessible area once you turn the first lever. The second lever allows you to cross the bridge. When you push the third lever, go back to the bridge room to access a small room with three chests. In the room with all the little bridges right before the fourth lever, you can run around underneath the bridges here after hitting said fourth lever, but there’s absolutely nothing to get. After hitting the fourth lever, go back down the stairs right above the save point, then down the ladder in the next room to access the chest that was previously underwater. Go back to the save point and take the ladder down on the right. The fifth lever will simply reset all the water levels in the dungeon.

Herzog- Go to the park, which is in the Western area of the city.

Go and look at the gallery, then return to your temporary headquarters.

Make your way to the park, then through the underground area. Fight where needed with your other party members.

Go Southeast to the Dark Marshes.

Dark Marshes- “Strangers are just friends with flesheating pets you haven’t met.”

You’re going to start running into status inflicting enemies here, so now would be a good time to equip any status-immunity items you have. Work your way through, and when you get to an area that forks Southwest and Southeast, take the Southwest path, as the other one is a dead end. Make sure to save when you reach the crystal. After the fight, go back and rest up at the crystal as there’s still more marsh area to go through.

Talk to the soldier on the beach.

Return to Stonewall and talk to the Colonel.

Go to Stonewall Port and talk to Luther.

Lunei Village- Talk to Eva in the Northwestern-most house, then talk to Luther again.

An old woman, Elizabeth, will give you a clue.

Proceed North through the Nolan Hills.

Nolan Hills- “Why do all the pretty places have monsters?”

Don’t miss the entrance to another screen at the bottom right towards the beginning, as it leads to a chest with a nice piece of armor.

Go North to the house.

Go West to the Ether Well.

Ether Well- “Shiny happy people are hurting me.”

Go through the left door, get the chest, then go through the right door and hit the switch. Go through the center door, then the right door, which will lead to two chests. Go through the rightmost door to eventually find a lever that will create a bridge, allowing you access to a switch. Go back to the save crystal room and go through the door under the stairs, and hit the switch you find. Instead of going through the door right next to the save point that just opened, go back to the area where you threw the lever to create the bridge. The left door is now open and inside is several chests. Be careful of the trapped top chest. Save at the save point and go through the door next to it.

Head back towards Nolan Vale.

Talk to Luther on the beach.

Talk to Luther again. Return to Stonewall Port, then to your house in Whitelake Town.

Go to the Abandoned Copper Mine.

Abandoned Copper Mine Part II- “I miss the Griffin.”

Work your way through until you get to the long bridge over the chasm, and go north through the crack in the wall. After the event, make sure to put on both equipment and Spellcards when you get a chance.

Head to Stonewall Port, talk to Luther, and go back to Lunei Village.

Head West through the Voldon Mountains.

Head Northwest to the Braunwald Forest.

Braunwald Forest- “Come for the mist, stay for the giant spiders.”

Work your way through here. When you reach the save crystal, head South. Though it seems to be a dead end, if you follow the dirt path it goes through the trees and leads to a chest.

Head Northwest to Fardorf.

Fardorf town is connected to Fardorf Fort, so in the town, head North and talk to the guard.

Leave the town then go West to the Geo-Science Station.

Talk to the head of the Station, then head Southeast to the Excavation Site, talk to Ludwig, then talk to Rudi.

Altar of Memory- “I’m going to avoid the obvious sphere jokes here.”

Go through the left door first. Behind the very first pillar on the left is a somewhat hidden switch you need to press. Press it, then go North through the now open doorway. The blue chest, which is trapped, has the Red Sphere.

Return to the main room and place the Sun Sphere on the altar, then head North through the door it opened. Head West here, and keep heading West until you reach an area where the floor has caved in. Approach the cracked pillar and push it down to make a bridge to the other side, where you can get the Blue Sphere. On your way back you can head through the small doorway right outside the pillar room and to the North to get to a room with two chests.

Go East back to the room with the large set of stairs on the right, go up them, then through the door on the right to get the Green Sphere.

Go back to the corridor that opened up when you placed the Sun Sphere, and head North through the rubble-strewn hallway. Read the sign in this room, which says “Fire born from Earth, turns Water into Air.” Then head to your right, and behind a pillar is a chest with the White Sphere. Now go up the stairs and place your Spheres.

The sign said Fire _born_ from Earth, turns Water into Air. That means the order would be Earth, Fire, Water, Air, from left to right. Head through the door it opens.

Go down the stairs, get the chests in the small room to the North, then go to the room in the South. Head to your right, save, hit the switch on the left of the room, then continue North. (It also opens a door to the Southwest in this looping area, which leads back to the room where you placed the Sun Sphere, via the previously closed door to the right of the room.)

Once you exit, talk to Rudi, then go back and talk to the head of the Geo-Science Station.

Return to Fardorf and talk to the guard again.

Return to the Geo-Science Station.

Return to Fardorf Fort and talk to the General, then talk to the guard in the Northern-most room to exit the Fort.

Head Northeast to Kohlen, then go North into the mines and talk with the foreman, Ray.

Spend the night at the Inn then return to the mines to talk with Ray again.

Go into town, then go to the Mine Shaft.

Possessed Mine Shaft- “I have claustrophobia and a morbid fear of moles, will I be okay here?”

Fight your way through the dungeon. There are cracked floor tiles in places, some of which you can step on once, which will make them crack further. The fully cracked tiles will drop you into another area, where you’ll have to run back to your previous location. When you reach the seemingly dead-end, go back to the cracked tile area (not the one with the buttons) with the one chest above it, and fall through the tiles to advance in the dungeon. A switch near the save point in the next area will open a door allowing you access to the earlier parts of the dungeon if you think you missed anything.

Talk to the Prince.

Head Northwest to the Antar Woods.

Antar Woods- “Hope you like bats.”

A straightforward area that should be simple to get through, make sure to rest up at the save point before continuing.

Antar Camp- “They’re human! We’re not killing them, are we? They’re just sleeping, right?”

There’s a point here where you can go to a hallway with a seemingly never-ending supply of enemies. Which it is, never-ending. Go through the top right door to continue on in the Camp. After the scene, when you have the opportunity to save, make sure to do so in a new slot in case you find the next part too difficult. Then you can simply go back to the endless wave of enemies hallway and level up a bit if needed, as there are no random battles in this area. After you’re finished, make sure to go back to the Supply Room in the Camp and speak with a soldier there to get a spellcard.

Note that you now have access to the Tower of Punishment, though it will almost certainly be too high level for you at this point.

Return to Fardorf town.

Find the others.

Return to the Antar Camp and talk with the General.

Head North out of the Camp, then North to the Grey Peak.

Grey Peak- “Call me Sisyphus.”

Here you’ll encounter several pits that need to have boulders pushed into them. The first one is easy. For the second one, push the middle boulder to the right, then up, to reach the chests. Then push the top boulder up, then the bottom boulder up to proceed.

In the next section with a ton of boulders, first grab the chest in the upper left. To reach the chest in the lower right, which contains the Thief Glove (Accessory, increases steal success rate) first push the top leftmost boulder to the right, then down, to the right, then down again. Then push the boulder closest to the pit on the left down, right, up so it hits another boulder, right, and down. Now exit the screen and come back to reset it.

To exit this area, push the bottom rightmost boulder up. Then push the boulder closest to the pit on the left down, right, and up. Now push the top leftmost boulder to the right. Push the boulder that is a few paces down and to the right of this boulder up, right so it hits the last boulder, then up. Make sure to save and rest up. After the event, make sure to use any healing/mana items you need on your characters as you won’t get a chance to rest before being put into action.

Return to the Geo-Science Station and talk to Konrad.

Return to the Fort and speak with the General.

For the next part, send Matilda against the fourth foe to get a special weapon for her. (Crescent Moon, Polearm weapon, Light damage.) Speak to the General when you’re ready to proceed.

Go speak to the General, he is in the room with your current patron.

Go to Kaiser Pass, make sure to save.

Go to Herzog.

Go back to the Tomb, either via the basement access or the Park.

Talk to the General.

Go to Herzog Port and speak with Moritz.

Go to Nolan Vale, head North through the Nolan Hills, then West back to the Ether Well.

Ether Well Revisited- “How many pillars does one place need?”

Proceed in the dungeon to where you fought the Boss; all this requires is heading North in each room.

When you reach the first pillar puzzle, just push the moveable pillar up so it’s above the button on the floor, move around to the top side, and push it back down onto the button.

When you reach the save point room, head right. You’ll reach a room with a small window that looks like a color wheel- push the pillar in front of it, so it blocks the ‘beam’ that closes the door.

The left and upper hallways lead to the same room, with three unmovable pillars on the left, two movable pillars, and closed door on the right. Push the top pillar as far as you can to the right, against the lone block, then run through the gap in the bottom and push it down until it’s next to the lower switch. Go back around and push it a couple of spaces to the right. Push the other pillar left a space, then up, to the right, and on top of the upper switch. Go through the gap you left earlier and push the remaining pillar onto the lower switch.

Continue on, save, and proceed with the final events in the Ether Well, saving again when you can.

Return to your vessel.

Talk to Hilbert.

Speak to Moritz and head to Whitelake.

Head to Herzog and go back to your room there to find your sister and your stray party member.

Travel to Gleston, which is on the Western side of the Kingdom Continent.

Head North through the Stygian Woods.

Stygian Woods- “I wonder if we could equip them with Laser spellcards...”

Right after the first bridge, hug the shore to the right and make your way to a hidden area with two chests. There is also a mostly obscured chest behind some trees on the upper left hand side past the bridge you have to hit a switch to create.

Biorite Facility- “Science, the key to the future!” or “Curse you, vile geology!”

All books on the tables in this area are readable and provide insight into what’s going on here. Access Card A is gained from reading a book the others ask you to look at. Access Card B is gained automatically after going to the power supply room. Access Card C is gained from the locked chest after throwing the switch in the room with the large fenced-off portion of biorite in the center. The access code to throw the switch is in a book in the room. The locked chest in this room will unlock automatically once you throw the switch. Once the switch is thrown you have 15 minutes to exit the facility, and the time isn’t paused while fighting enemies. The chests in the room full of enemies you have to go through to exit contain a Healing Orb, a Life Capsule, and an Intelligence Capsule.

Geo-Science Station- Talk to Konrad, then Zachary.

First Seal- Take your ship directly west (about two spaces) and land on the opposite shore. You’ll be going northwest then southwest around trees and mountains until you reach a very tiny sandy spot on the worldmap.

Geo-Science Station- Talk to Konrad.

Second Seal- On a small island a long way almost directly south of Lunei Village on the worldmap. It’s placed on your map when talking to Konrad.

Hermit’s Hideout- Located near the Southwest part of the Empire continent, almost directly south of the Geo-Science Station on the worldmap. To remove the energy pillars after getting the item from the hermit, go up to a pillar and hit the use key to remove it.

Second Seal- “My Hex tiles for a glass of icewater.”

When the screen is flashing red in the deeper underground parts, your whole party is taking damage, regardless of what you have equipped. Don’t forget to check your status and heal up. No puzzles here, really.

Lawshire- Accessed via the North face of the Kingdom continent, go through a pass filled with energy pillars to get to it. Go to the guard building at the north, then talk to the guardsman outside to leave. In version 1.01, there is some sort of bug if you choose the ‘We’ll leave later’ option. Only talk to him when you’re ready to leave. (This is fixed in version 1.21)

Third Seal- “Short and sweet. Insert pithy statement.”

You can play Hex against Humphrey before going past the first locked door. You won’t be able to ever play him again… (He has no unique tiles, don’t worry if you skip him.) Very short and obvious what to do.

Entalar- A small island in the Northern part of your worldmap, go into the plateau filled with sand. The dungeon you’re forced into is a lot smaller than it seems, as many rooms simply loop back to previous rooms. You should be able to find your way through everywhere fairly easily, as the storyline pushes you towards where you need to go.

Temple of Gaia- “The story of an architect and a lever salesman consumed by misanthropy.”

Eventually the storyline will push you into this dungeon. The levers you’ll see in rooms will rotate that room 90 degrees. Here’s a listing of each turn and what it leads to. Exit will mean in this case, simply moving backwards in the dungeon to where you’ve already been.

First lever:

Default position- Exit North, chest with Ritual Mask West.

2nd- North blocked, East dead end- path blocked by a moat, with chests across that you can’t reach until the end of the dungeon. West first room, garden area with two inaccessible doorways and chests at the top, path down to the left. Path leads to second lever.

3rd- Blocked

4th- Chest with Sky Coat.

Second lever:

Default position- North exit, South dead end platform.

2nd- North blocked, South small room then large room with stairs down on the lower left (leads to dead-end platform with Snow Amulet chest) and a doorway on the lower right (leads to third lever).

3rd- North dead end platform, South exit.

4th- Exactly the same as the 2nd turn, only reversed. (South is blocked, North leads further inwards.)

Third lever:

Default position- North exit, East further inwards, West blocked.

2nd- North blocked, East exit, West stairs up to chest with Mindblow spellcard.

3rd- North stairs up to chest with Mindblow spellcard, East blocked, West further in.

4th- North further in, East stairs up to chest with Mindblow spellcard, West exit.

Further in leads to a room with a save point, then a boss fight. For the boss here, you’ll want to use spells and items that deal damage to all opponents, as they’ll resurrect their fallen members. Even if they only do a bit of damage, you can whittle them all down then try and take them all out at once. After that, the North door leads to a chest with a Mind Capsule, the South door leads further inwards. When you get to the room with the blocked-off chest to the right (that you got by going through the North door earlier) go South to get to the two chests you saw at the first lever, second turn, East path. Meteor Shell and Star Missiles are in the chests. Then, out and North to continue on with the plot. Once you’re done with Entalar, you can exit via the now-open door next to the weapons shop.

Herzog- Go to the castle and speak with Grauss and Wilhelm.

Melende Town- Speak with the Innkeeper, Selia.

Rebel Camp- Speak with Drakovic, then go into the ruins.

Archaeopolis- “If we could swim, this would go a lot faster.”

There are tiles floating on the water in this dungeon. To get onto one, face it when it’s next to your position and hit the action key. They don’t move with perfect timing- so you might have to wait for a tile to make a couple of laps before it will rest against another moving tile.

First tile path- North door, two chests with a Moon Ring and Purple Herb. East, further in. Stairs up go to a chest with the Serpent Idol. Stairs down go further in, with chests containing a Holy Water and the Turtle Idol. Place the idols to open the door. Next is a save point, then a room with several tiles.

Take the northern tile, then the next tile moving north, then hit the switch to get all the tiles moving. Take the tile that goes up against the right of this platform to get to the chest containing a Dexterity Capsule. Go back to the entryway of the room and take the rightmost two tiles to get to a chest containing the Rage spellcard. Take the northern tile again to the rectangular platform in the center, then take the tile along the left upwards to the next tile. Get off on the platform and run to the left and down to get a Strength Capsule from the chest, then leave by the north door. Make sure to save when you get further onwards.

Rebel Camp- Talk to Drakovic, then talk to him again in the morning. Go to Stonewall, then back to the Rebel Camp. Then, back to Stonewall. Hilbert and his friends must have legs of steel by this point.

Serinal Port- On the Southern edge of the Kingdom continent, head there and then to the house in the Eastern part of it. After, head North out of the town.

Serinal Woods- Explore if you like, there are a few chests tucked away here and there, one with the Inferno spellcard. Save at the crystal when you get to it, and continue North.

Stonewall- Go and talk with Drakovic, then go to Entalar.

Entalar- Go to the castle and talk with Barasur. Return to your ship.

Ancient Docks- “Wait, we can’t _all_ be colorblind.”

This dungeon is Northeast of Serinal Port, you can get there via a beach on the Northwestern side of the small island that Serinal Port is located on. You will see doors throughout the dungeon color-coded red, green, or blue. When a colored switch is pressed, it will close all doors with the same color, and open the other two colored doors. IE if you hit a blue switch, all blue doors will close, and all red and green doors will open. From the start:

Room one: Starting room.

Red door: Chest with Earthquake spellcard.

Green door: Leads to room two.

Blue door: Closed.

Button: Blue

Get the item in the red room, then go to room two.

Room two: Moat blocks the way south.

Green door: Leads to room one.

Blue door: Closed

Button: Red (top)

Button: Blue (bottom)

Hit the red button. If you go back to room one after hitting the red button, you’ll see that the blue room there leads to a pair of gates, blue and red, which means you can’t get through until the end of the dungeon. So, continue in room two into the now-open blue door.

Room three: Plain room with a raised walkway.

Blue door: Back to room two.

Regular door: Other side of the moat in room two, with a chest and a blue button.

Stairs down: Room four.

Button: Red

Go through the regular door and grab the chest, but don’t touch the button. Continue on to room four.

Room four: Small room with a green gateway blocking further access.

Blue door: Room with three chests.

Red door: Leads to room five.

Green gateway: Blocking the path to the red and blue doors.

Button: None.

Gather the items in the blue room, then go back and hit the blue button via the regular door in room three. Continue on to room five.

Room five: Large room with a save point.

Blue door upper right: Closed.

Blue door bottom left: Closed.

Red door: Leads back to room four.

Green door: Leads to room six.

There’s nothing to do here but continue on to room six.

Room six: Room with a green button accessible via a thin walkway.

Red door: Leads to room five.

Blue gateway: Blocking the path to a green door.

Green door far right: Leads back to room five.

Green door middle: Closed.

Regular door at the bottom: Room with two chests.

Button: Green.

Go through the regular door at the bottom and grab the chests. Hit the green button and continue through the red door to get back to room five.

Room five revisited: Large room with a save point.

Blue door upper right: Red button.

Blue door bottom left: Back to room six.

Red door: Leads to room four.

Green door: Closed.

Go to the blue door in the upper right and hit the red switch, then go through the green door back to room six.

Room six revisited: Room with a green button accessible via a thin walkway.

Red door: Closed.

Blue gateway: Leads to now-open green door.

Green door far right: Leads back to room five.

Green door middle: Leads to room seven.

Regular door at the bottom: Room with two chests.

Go through the blue and green gateways.

Room seven:

Green door: Back to room six.

Red gateway: Blocks the way to the stairs up and the regular door.

Regular door: Final room.

Stairs up: Back to room one.

Push the green button and continue on through the doorway.

Return to Stonewall. Talk to Drakovic again once you regain control to advance the plot.

Return to Serinal Port, and continue North in the town into the Serinal Woods, and North through the woods. On the worldmap, head Northeast until you reach Southbridge.

Southbridge- Talk to General Stockman and then rest at the Inn to advance the plot. Continue on, North to the Rosehart Bridge.

You can explore Northbridge and a bit of the mainland of this continent if you wish before returning to Southbridge.

Return to your ship, then make your way a bit West of the Hermit’s Hideout to find the next dungeon.

Raka Mural- “That’s a pretty statueaaaaghhh.”

Large room one: Two doors via small staircases, central stairway.

Left door: Leads to two chests.

Right door: Eventually leads to a button.

Central stairway: Closed door, opened by button via the right door.

Grab the chests through the left door, go through the right door and hit the button, then go up the central stairs and onwards.

Large room two: Save point and several doors/staircases, with a large platform to the right.

Left door: Small room with a closed doorway.

Second from left door: Back to the first large room.

Large stairs lead to a chest with Bahamut’s Claw (Dagger weapon, +25 Vitality) and around to a button.

Lower left exit: Leads to the three chests on a platform you saw via the right door in large room one.

Third from the left door: Closed, opened by the button accessible via the large stairs. Leads to the upper right platform in the room.

Fourth from the left door: Inaccessible, up on a platform. (Entered via 3rd from the left door.)

Rightmost door: Inaccessible, up on a platform and sealed shut. (Opened by the button near it.)

Go through the lower left exit and grab the chests, up the large stairs to the lone chest, then right and hit the button, which will open the door next to the one you entered the room from. Go through this door (third from the left) and eventually up to the platform. Hit the button then go through the top rightmost doorway.

In this room, take the left stairs down to get to a chest, then go through the top right door. Make sure to save.

Before you leave the area for the next part of the storyline, go back to the dungeon, to the far left door in the second large room. It is now open, and contains the Sneak Attack spellcard.

Return to your ship. When you want to advance the plot, talk to Captain Moritz and select “I’m ready for the attack.”

Lemuria- “First person to yell ‘I’m king of the world’ gets shoved off the side.” or “The hull is covered in crushed birds, but I simply must have it!”

Go through the doorway to the right first, it contains a single chest with a one-per-game spellcard.

The left door leads to a hallway.

First door- Locked.

Second door- Empty.

Third door- Empty.

Stairs down- Further in.

Eventually you’ll reach another long hallway. The doors, from left to right:

Door one: Locked.

Door two: Empty.

Door three: Back where you came from.

Door four: Chest containing Terra Bow (Bow weapon, Earth damage.)

Stairs down: Leads further in.

In the next room, the doors in the top left lead to an empty room with a save point, and the doors on the right lead further in. There’s another save point before the final encounter.

Congratulations, you can now go for all the optional dungeons if you like before continuing on with the storyline. First, though, go to the area you fought the boss to find your stray party member.

When you’re ready to advance the storyline, talk to Captain Moritz and select “I’m ready.”

Castle- “We come in peace!’ *whispers to party* ‘Go for the throat.”

Save if you like. Go up the stairs, then around above where you entered the room from to go through a small doorway. It leads to a chest with a wonderful Warding Charm. (Accessory, Immune to all status effects) After that, go through the right doorway and explore. When you’ve cleared out the foes and chests, take the left doorway. When you get down to the cellar area, you’ll notice the door on the left is locked. This is an optional area you can get to after completing the storyline events here. Continue on and watch events play out.

You now have access to the final storyline area and boss. If you want to do the optional quests and dungeons, now would be the time.

The Cluster- “This spelunking expedition isn’t the magical wonderland you made it out to be.”

Enter and explore. Using a stone will teleport you to another stone, and the passageways generally loop back around. I’m not putting a detailed walkthrough of this area, as it’s a lot simpler than it looks. Of note, however, is that when you defeat the first boss, go past the teleportation stone it turns into to another room South of it. This stone will lead you to a platform with a chest that is otherwise inaccessible that contains the Hilbert Hex tile. Continue on, save when you can, and enjoy the ending once you defeat the final storyline boss.

The Smileys

As a nod to his fellow SomethingAwful forum users, Origami has included three rare enemies in the game that use smiley emoticon graphics. (I say rare, but honestly I’m not sure. I’ve gone through the areas they’re in several times and never encountered them, then gone in for a couple of minutes and fought a string of them.) Here is a listing of their locations and what they have. The Ruin equipment status effects cannot be removed or prevented, even with Panacea and Warding Charms.

Rolleyes

(Located in the Ether Well.)

Level: 25

Win: Gold Dust

Hex: Nothing

Steal: Ruin Mask (Helm, raises stats, inflicted with Poison)

Beholder

(Located in the Stygian Woods.)

Level: 38

Win: Serpent Eye

Steal: Ruin Gear (Armor, Absorbs all elements, inflicted with Chaos)

Critic

(Located at the Third Entalar Seal, after the final event in the Lemura area.)

Level: 77

Win: Diamond Dust

Steal: Luck Capsule

It attacks with a disapproving gaze. *shakes head sadly at Hilbert* It’s also very hard to hit with physical attacks, is extremely fast, and hits very hard.

Ultimate Equipment-

The following is a list of the Ultimate weapons and where to get them.

Ultimate Bow- Condor Treasury.

Ultimate Polearm- Tower of Redemption.

Ultimate Clawgem- Black Mausoleum.

Ultimate Staff- Gate to Elysium.

Ultimate Axe- Cromwell Ruins.

Ultimate Daggers- Only gotten by trading in this character’s Hex tile, unfortunately.

Ultimate Sword- Hall of Judgment.

The best equipment and spellcards for all other slots is found in the high-level optional dungeons/quests.

Can you pls put just the link from the walktrough, cause some of us dont't really want a walktrough or if you can't put the link pls highlight the text..thanks

*shameless request*

Does anyone have a save file they would be so kind to send to me?

I had to format my computer because Microsoft Word refused to work correctly... and when I was formatting, I pulled the brilliant move of erasing my external hard drive, thinking it was a partition of the hard drive in my computer.

I was really close to the end of the game, and if at all possible, I'd like to avoid having to go through the whole thing again just to get to where I'd stopped.

I had finished the main story line, and had only the final dungeon left. My party was at level 68-69. I also had gone through all the Towers (optional dungeons).

Anyway, if anyone has a save file from around that level or point in the story line, please let me know.

Thanks! :D

Ok I'm having a really hard time defeating the pillars after you take Lorenza to her old home. I've leveled up some, all characters level 19, and I've tried using a lot of stuff but its not working. Someone help.

Never mind now I need help with the rift that Zawu summons.

At that point you should have Ethan in your party so first use Shell (Laser Spellcard) when you have full crisis, then the damage won't be so bad.

Back then I used two characters to heal and the other two to attack. Good Luck with it.

whisperingmist wrote:

*shameless request*

Does anyone have a save file they would be so kind to send to me?

I was really close to the end of the game, and if at all possible, I'd like to avoid having to go through the whole thing again just to get to where I'd stopped.

I had finished the main story line, and had only the final dungeon left. My party was at level 68-69. I also had gone through all the Towers (optional dungeons).

Anyway, if anyone has a save file from around that level or point in the story line, please let me know.

Thanks! :D

Still looking for a save file?

Most of my saves are level 99, and a few of the chars have been enhanced with a whole lot of caps. I didn't figure out how to access my reserve party members until after I'd beat the main bad guy in the Gate to Elysium. lol

I have a file with Hilbert, Matilda, Throve & Lorenza at level 85, with 3 of the 4 towers beat. Zawu is at 78, Ethan at 80 & Randolf 79. I only have 68 hex tile in my list with that file, so do not got into the final storyline battle without picking up at least 2 more hex tiles, tho I strongly recommend going for at least 90 before doing the storyline finish.

Anyway, I think the file is right before the fight for Condor. If you want it let me know.

Mooma, you're here to save the day for me again lol.

Level 99?! Crazy! Once I got to the mid 60s, I started thinking it took forever to level up. The one thing that made fighting go faster was this accessory that doubles XP.

I actually started a new game, and so far I'm ok, I'm about to crash Antar Camp. Still at level 27, though. :P

If you don't mind sending me that file you described, though, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to try to beat the game continuing from my new game, but if I get desperate once I have to crash the Lemuria (always get lost in there), or when I get to Lawshire and have to fight the Omega team (that took me sooo many tries), I might resort to your file. :D

Also, one quick question... how come you recommend going for at least 90 hex tiles before finishing the storyline? Is that what is required to be able to start a new game?

whisperingmist wrote:

Mooma, you're here to save the day for me again lol.

I think that the only reason that I still had that file was cuz I'm sometimes a real doofus. I wanted to see what was in Condor, so when I was asked if I wanted to go elsewhere I said yes, but couldn't figure out how to get the storyline going again. I never knew there was a store in the earlier ship either, cuz I'd never hit escape while I was tooling around in it.

You know that battle where you get to pick your team? I'd gotten tired of equipping someone with the latest stuff that I'd gotten & then losing control over them, so I had everyone totally unequipped, no spell cards, no armor, no accessory & just kinda grabbed the four players that I wanted to use, never dreaming that they'd be sent out to those different locations by themselves. Tho I had all of my guys at the wrong locations without equipment, I guess that I had them leveled up enough that it didn't matter.

Level 99?! Crazy! Once I got to the mid 60s, I started thinking it took forever to level up. The one thing that made fighting go faster was this accessory that doubles XP.

Stealing stuff, specially caps is a slow & painful task, but it does manage to make those last levels go by pretty easily. I learned why it wasn't all that important to get MP supplies while doing it, too. I juiced up Lorenza & Throve to 999 MP when they were carrying "Heal", which means they were in the 970's without any spellcards.

I actually started a new game, and so far I'm ok, I'm about to crash Antar Camp. Still at level 27, though. :P

I know that I gained a few levels in the hallway, killing the same 3 guys over & over again during that battle.

If you don't mind sending me that file you described, though, I'd really appreciate it. I'm going to try to beat the game continuing from my new game, but if I get desperate once I have to crash the Lemuria (always get lost in there), or when I get to Lawshire and have to fight the Omega team (that took me sooo many tries), I might resort to your file. :D

Killing them wasn't so bad, but making sure that I'd stolen all of their stuff before killing them made that a pretty tough battle.

Also, one quick question... how come you recommend going for at least 90 hex tiles before finishing the storyline? Is that what is required to be able to start a new game?

You can restart from your last save with 70, but you can only restart with *all* of your stuff (levels, weapons, supplies & stats) with 90. I beat the storyline bad guy at level 70 something, but only had those 68 hex tiles. It was kind of a let down, cuz I hadn't done the Tomes, the Mausaleum or every guy in the Gate to Elysium & I was staring at the credits.

Ahhhh, I see.

About the Omega team... I didn't even try just flat out killing them. I'm a fan of the Steal/Raid cards, so I can't help but using them during boss battles. At one point when I was fighting those Flotharks, I equipped all my characters with Gelatinous Coats, and then kept having everyone defend, except for the character that had the Raid card equipped. I'd just defend and try to steal more Gelatinous Coats for more cash. It was sad. :roll:

About unequipping your characters... I do something similar, but I only completely unequip the characters I have on reserve. That way, if I get desperate for cash, I just sell off their equipment... and then sometimes get screwed over when one of my active party members leaves, and I have to resort to someone from the reserve party.

Thanks for the heads up about the hex tiles, though. I did want to try to get as many as I could, so we'll see how that goes.

Rather than defending, get them all equipped with Regen & Enlight as soon as you can. Everybody puts down a healing or MP recharging spell on the next slowest player, with the slowest doing the same with the fastest. Serpents fang & serpents eye... can't say I used much if any after I figured out how to work enlight.

About unequipping your characters... I do something similar, but I only completely unequip the characters I have on reserve. That way, if I get desperate for cash, I just sell off their equipment... and then sometimes get screwed over when one of my active party members leaves, and I have to resort to someone from the reserve party.

I found it very irritating, tho it led to a very funny moment in the Entaler cave in. First guy who made it into town bought equipment for the guys still in the caves, as well as the party that skipped the town. Soon as I got access to those players again, I could equip them with the new stuff. Guys in one party stole some "Ancient Helmets" & the char that could use them in another party put it on. Ethan & Randolp hung out by the save thingy for quite some time just to steal stuff for everybody & the game even provided guys with tents to steal to assist in that endeavor.

Has anyone been able to collect all 100 hex tiles? I need the Vivione hex tile, but I'm having a hard time getting it. The Last Scenario walkthrough I found only states one hex player that has this hex tile, but I still can't get it. I've lost count of how many games I have played against this character, but still no sign of the tile.

Yes, Vivione is a boss, but I didn't get the tile after defeating it. I also checked the walkthrough, but it says you don't get any hex tiles from defeating this boss.

The hex player who has the tile is --> Saraswati.

I've been playing against this player, in hope of at least coming across this tile in a game, but still no sign of it.

Hmmm, now that I thought about it, I think I remember coming across a monster who drops Vivione tiles, but I don't remember which one it is. I'll go look for it later, but if anyone happens to know which monster it is, please let me know.

EDIT: found the monster. It's the Black Pawns in the Black Mausoleum.

I've played this game quite a bit and really enjoyed the plot. :)

It's nicely done instead of the loopholes, black and white definitions and stereotypes you find in many RPGs(excepting some of the newer or better ones). And I also really liked the small touches of strategy within the plot: for once, the armies really do know some strategies of war instead of reading from The "Dummy's Guide for General wannabes".

I've played this game quite a bit and really enjoyed the plot. :)

It's nicely done instead of the loopholes, black and white definitions and stereotypes you find in many RPGs(excepting some of the newer or better ones). And I also really liked the small touches of strategy within the plot: for once, the armies really do know some strategies of war instead of reading from The "Dummy's Guide for General wannabes".

Edit: Hi, I've got a few qns here: (highlight to read)

a) Anyone remembers where the "water elementals" are located? I realise I don't have any Hex cards of those.

B) [d]Does anyone know how to protect against the boss in First Seal? Obviously Talisman doesn't work and he knocks out my party members with a 3000 damage blow. Nasty! :o[/d](Nevermind: solved it.)

aislingyngaio: Merged posts