Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
excalibur

Last Scenario

Dee, regarding your first question, I don't recall a water elemental hex tile. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but the closest I can think of is the undine hex tiles, or the air elemental hex tiles. They're pretty much the same thing (except that the undine tiles are slightly better for playing hex). Both make good tiles for hex games early in the storyline, though.

Have you checked the Last Scenario walkthrough by ProfPuppet? It doesn't list which monsters drop which hex tiles (unless it's a boss), but it does have a very nice list of which hex players have which hex tiles. You can just type in the name of the hex tile you want and then see which players have it.

---

I also have a question of my own. Has anyone managed to beat the extra challenge that is unlocked by collecting all 100 hex tiles?

I've tried twice, but I'm nowhere near beating it. The first time I got annihilated in three turns (in the first turn 3/4 characters died!) The second time I lasted a while longer by using the crisis ability of the Stance spellcard, but I still lost pretty quickly.

Does anyone have a strategy for this? All my party members are level 99, and I actually used a lot of capsules to increase stats, and equipped one of my characters with a lot of spellcards that boost HP. The only solution I can think of is grinding for more capsules, but that seems kind of tedious. :/

whisperingmist wrote:

Dee, regarding your first question, I don't recall a water elemental hex tile. I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but the closest I can think of is the undine hex tiles, or the air elemental hex tiles. They're pretty much the same thing (except that the undine tiles are slightly better for playing hex). Both make good tiles for hex games early in the storyline, though.

Have you checked the Last Scenario walkthrough by ProfPuppet? It doesn't list which monsters drop which hex tiles (unless it's a boss), but it does have a very nice list of which hex players have which hex tiles. You can just type in the name of the hex tile you want and then see which players have it.

Thanks but I was told in the walkthrough that I'd need a "Water elemental hex card" for the hex game and nowhere is this card mentioned a second time in the guide. And so, I assumed it was the "missing hex card" on Page 2 that I can't find:

width=400http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/866/missinghexcard1rh7.jpg[/img]

And I'm actually hoping to get this card and also beat Sarawati before I proceed with the rest of the plot.

And sorry, I can't help you with your questions, I'm afraid.

Thanks for your help, though. :)

Dee

That would be the Kelpie tile:

18- Kelpie - Rupert in Fardorf, Esmeralda in Fardorf Fort, Ulrich in Neuberg Town, Reinbach and Karlene in Herzog, Cecilia in Nolan Vale, Francine and Chester in Lawshire, Finith in Entalar, Alphonse in Southbridge.

I think Water Elemental means Undine, since if my memory serves, they attack almost all six directions.

Right, thank you! :)

It worked... say, btw... how do you get Sarawati to move to Lawshire city? I've beat her at least 3 times in Nolan Vale yet she hasn't made a move yet.

Quote :

whisperingmist wrote:

Yes, Vivione is a boss, but I didn't get the tile after defeating it. I also checked the walkthrough, but it says you don't get any hex tiles from defeating this boss.

I've been playing against this player, in hope of at least coming across this tile in a game, but still no sign of it.

Hmmm, now that I thought about it, I think I remember coming across a monster who drops Vivione tiles, but I don't remember which one it is. I'll go look for it later, but if anyone happens to know which monster it is, please let me know.

Dee, I'm not sure how much MP they have, but I think there is an easier way. Highlight if you'd like --> using all-enemies spells may be easier. You can try using the Swing spell cards, or items that hit all enemies. It'll take longer for you to start seeing results, but at least you won't be having that annoying problem.

I played up to almost the final point in the game twice. The first time I played I went for one at a time, and I was there for a very long time. The second time I just kept using the Swing spell cards, and it was much less frustrating.

Ahhh... that's a good strategy.

Say, does anyone know where the 4th tome is? I believe I've consulted the walkthrough but I'm still getting lost! :/

Hmmm... there're 5 tomes altogether, right? I've got :

a)strength

B) fortitude

c) knowledge

Bah... I went there and it looks like I'd already defeated that Tome. I wish there was a list of which tomes was at which location. I've got to each of the places btw... but I can't seem to activate the remaining tomes. Yeah, I only have 3 and this sucks... I've been walking around for hours. :P

whisperingmist wrote:

Dee, ProfPuppet's walkthrough has a list of all the tomes and their respective locations.

Do a search for "Tome of" to see which tomes you're missing, and then do a search for "The Tomes" to see the location for each tome that you're missing.

Thanks, and I managed to find the place. The problem now is that I seem to be stuck or something. I just can't seem to activate the tome. @#$@#$

aislingyngaio wrote:

I believe you have to activate them in the order it was given in the map. I remember the fourth tome was a bit tricky. If you can't seem to get it, try scouring a wider radius.

Really? I need to activate them in said order? Uh oh... I hope I didn't botch that up 'cos I am not going to redo the last 10 to 20 levels, just for 1 mistake I made.

Just to check: is it within the circled area?

width=400http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/3066/lost2pc5.jpg[/img]

Whoops, it turned out to be my bad, Dee. You DON'T have to get them in order. And yes, it's within the circled area. In fact, it's one tile northwest of where you're standing right now. The important thing I've forgotten is that you need to press your action key to engage the tome in battle.

Thanks everyone for all your help! ;D I finally beat the game(okay, not the final final battle with that accursed planetary thingy).

Does anyone know what the track number or title is for the end battle with Omega Castor?

Bah... lol. I don't know if I actually want to try and go for it. Say, do you know why the Black Mausoleum had a King and Queen in there? Were they formerly King and Queen of the Rosehart Empire?

Yep... Western chess with the bishops, the knights and the pawns. :)

Still, even though I finished the game, I found myself fighting Alexander and Castor a few more times. The music is just so cool and it's so challenging for Alex. :)

Say, I wonder if there're any indie games which're just as well-written as LS. I'm waiting for Exit Fate to go through playtesting and polishing, which will likely take till end of 2008 or beginning of 2009 to be done.

Dee and aisling, did you both also get annihilated by the 100 hex tile boss in 3 turns? lol

Speaking of what the story is about the Black Mausoleum, I was also wondering what happened to the Third Entalar Seal. I know that ProfPuppet gave an explanation himself in his walkthrough, but it still makes me wonder. I was just in shock when I went in there and saw what happened to the place.

Anyway, I think for the ultimate boss you either have to run through the game again so you can get another Stance card, or keep grinding for those capsules. :/

I was actually able to kill a couple of the "little" monsters (with the nuke spell), but unless you can kill all 3 of them at the same time, or very soon, they just resurrect the others. I'm not sure if the big one also resurrects the smaller ones.