Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
excalibur

Last Scenario

hi i need help when am playin last scenario after about 10 - 20 mins the screen goes white and my comp restarts it self and when it loads back up it says it is something to do with c media audio device i have tried the game without the sound and updating the driver but then my sound dont work with is a whole other problem can any one help or am i just doomed

Hello, I REALLY need help with Last Scenario. I am utterly stuck against Flynn in the Third Entalar Seal. I don't think I'm going to get any further in the game. I can't leave the area to buy more items, and I have 1 resurrection item and several heals. So, damnit. I can't level up at all since the area's full of enemies that kill me in the first turn, and Flynn herself kills me in 2 or 3 turns. She knocks off an easy 200 with all of her attacks, and often uses Starlight Flurry on turn 1, taking out at least 2 party members. Advice? Like how to get into the actual game file and give myself 99 Soul Elixirs? Otherwise, I may just start a new game.

A plea for help!! My airship can't leave the island of the Havali. I can get it just in front of the cave entrance and then it hits a wall. It just won't budge, but it's not frozen or anything. Is this a glitch that anyone else had or am I just special? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi all, I think the unanswered technical questions should be directed to the developer, SCF (scfworks@gmail.com). As for Flynn, no you can't edit the game file, but you can use an earlier save (unless you only have one save and it's in the Third Seal). Cue reminder to save often and in multiple slots.

Besides, if you're siriusly underlevelled until even the normal creeps gets to you easily, I don't think 99 Soul Elixirs would help. Flynn is level 41, so try to level up until your party's level is around there, and try again.

i have one simple question...

I'm stuck in copper mine part II... or the second time when you have to get there after you get ethan, and when you're searching for your sister... what do i have to do once i'm in the mine?? i read the walkthrough but don't quite get it...

can someone email me?

I cannot defeat the Knight Spirit! (it is in the island where you must search with the team you are assigned to) I have no items left for healing and when I'm out of spells I just be killed..... Any help?

(EDIT) I actually made it through this foe! :D

excalibur, which boss are you having trouble with? Is it the final storyline boss? If so, you may want to consider doing some of the optional dungeons. I completed all the optional content in the game before finishing the main storyline, and if you do that, the final boss (for the main plot) will be extremely easy.

I liked the concept of the optional dungeons because it gives us the option of leveling up more without getting too repetitive.

I'm on my 5th or 6th time through. There's a guy that gives everyone 100 HP after you beat him & I'm shooting for killing the 100+ hex extra bad guy. I've yet to get him/it down to less than half of his HP.

Man that was mind numbing. Had to go through the game 3 times to get 3 Arch-Angel Halos (Status Immunity) and 3 Gold Sceptres (Elemental Immunity). Didn't have to do a lot of capsule stealing as you get a decent amount trading unique tiles at the hex store. As for Planetary Conciousness, had my first two characters (Hilbert and Ethan) use Fury almost every turn, had my third character (Matilda) use Dual Strike and my forth character (Thorve) used Gamma every turn or Nuke when the crisis meter was up (Stance helped here). Needed about 10 sacred orbs. His little helpers don't come back after you've killed them twice (Infernal Ash was a good way to get rid of them). After that it's just an exercise in repetition. His most devastating attack (Grand Apocalypse) will all but obliterate your party unless you have Mega Shield cast. You must equip your quickest members with it and try and always have mega shield ready. Check your own status when it's about to run out (Don't do what I did and get slain after taking him down to 80000hp!) The real key to the fight though is Fury, you'll need at least 2 of these bad boys. As for the special item (Sign Of Eternity), let's just say it marks you out as a champion (I'm leaving this vague to inspire someone else to do it).

Good Luck!!

aislingyngaio: Please keep all posts PG-13.

Man that was mind numbing. Had to go through the game 3 times to get 3 Arch-Angel Halos (Status Immunity) and 3 Gold Sceptres (Elemental Immunity).

I'll have to try the Gold Sceptres. I have 5 Arch-Angel Halos, so have them equipped on every active char already. By the time I'm through this round again, I should have enough of the right hex cards for everyone to have Gold Sceptres, but I think the Hero's Soul also gives full elemental protection & adds to most of Hilbert's stats.

Didn't have to do a lot of capsule stealing as you get a decent amount trading unique tiles at the hex store.

I've used all of those, plus did the cap stealing. Five of my chars are maxed out on the MP gauge & a couple of them have over 4000 HP. Two have max strength when they're equipped right, Matilda has max vitality, Hilbert's close & Zawu has max intelligence. I'm sitting on 20+ speed caps (21, but will get another 4 by the time I get through this round, the only caps that can't be stolen & no one drops). When Zawu's wearing Mashimizu's Robe, she's faster than everyone, including the smiley guy in the 3rd seal, second time there. With all of that, I still couldn't beat the beast!

As for Planetary Conciousness, had my first two characters (Hilbert and Ethan) use Fury almost every turn, had my third character (Matilda) use Dual Strike and my forth character (Thorve) used Gamma every turn or Nuke when the crisis meter was up (Stance helped here).

Gamma & Nuke? I'll have to try it. I tried Vortex & Armageddon in one of my attempts & it did pretty good damage.

Needed about 10 sacred orbs.

Only 10? ;o)

His little helpers don't come back after you've killed them twice (Infernal Ash was a good way to get rid of them).

I assumed they were like Castor's little buddies, so didn't bother to take them out more than once.

After that it's just an exercise in repetition. His most devastating attack (Grand Apocalypse) will all but obliterate your party unless you have Mega Shield cast. You must equip your quickest members with it and try and always have mega shield ready.

I usually equip it on my two fastest chars, so I'm more likely to have someone in crisis when I need to recharge the party's shield.

Check your own status when it's about to run out (Don't do what I did and get slain after taking him down to 80000hp!) The real key to the fight though is Fury, you'll need at least 2 of these bad boys.

Yep & the more intelligent the char, the higher replacement of HP.

As for the special item (Sign Of Eternity), let's just say it marks you out as a champion (I'm leaving this vague to inspire someone else to do it).

I didn't even know there was any item to gain... just wanted to kill 'em ALL!!!

Props for the endurance, Arch Angel Halos for all of my characters would've been the icing on the cake but I didn't feel up to round 4. Had to give thorve a crystalline crown and a ward which meant he didn't have elemental protection. Good to have him take some damage though as the Nuke spell is useful. I think it's less about stats and more about tactics (although it is good to have matilda maxed out on strength). Once you get rid of his buddies though, the fight is more manageable. Also with fury, the person who acts immediately after Plantary Conciousness should use fury even if the team are on full health. In my case it was ethan to act after the boss with only hilbert being faster than the boss. With the quickest two characters using fury pretty much every turn, you'll only really need sacred orbs for mp. Best tip I could give though would be to have your quickest 3 characters armed with X-Shield and hoard your mega shields so that you're never without one at your disposal instead of using the overdrives offensively (Mega Regen's good as well). Also, equip the 3 members that have X-Shield with Stance in case you think you're going to get caught short. Post if you have any problems, good luck.

I know I'm double-posting, but in case anyone is still interested in a Vista fix for Last Scenario, the creator of the game has posted a possible fix on his website.

I've tried it out, and it's not perfect, but it works if you're willing to re-boot your computer every time you want to play the game.

Note: SCF's fix only works if you don't switch the language back to the original one. As long as you leave it as Japanese, the game will run with text. If you switch back, however, you'll see no text when you open the game. So, basically, if you're willing to switch back and forth each time you play the game, you can go ahead and use this fix. Alternatively, I suppose you can just leave the setting on Japanese, but I have no idea whether that would affect other games.

Props for the endurance, Arch Angel Halos for all of my characters would've been the icing on the cake but I didn't feel up to round 4.

It's pacing more than endurance. After my first time through, I'd pick up the game, play for an hour or so & be done for the day. If I like a game, I'll play it over & over & over again.

I wasn't trying to go after the guy, but once at the end of each game. I didn't overwrite any of my final saves, so went back & used the last one. With your helpful advice, I finally beat the beast! I didn't need to use any sacred orbs, but did use one healing orb. My primary healer (Zawu) got killed twice & once it was at a time when everyone's "enlight" needed to be recharged. I'm still sitting on all of my MP recharge supplies. After I figured out enlight, I no longer needed them.

Had to give thorve a crystalline crown and a ward which meant he didn't have elemental protection. Good to have him take some damage though as the Nuke spell is useful. I think it's less about stats and more about tactics (although it is good to have matilda maxed out on strength).

You're right, it is about tactics, though the juiced up stats sure don't hurt. With Zawu's intelligence, I could usually do a complete healing of all damage on everyone with "fury". That left Hilbert's hands free to do other things. Ethan was the only char w/out elemental protection, so I was having him do a full heal on himself after a big elemental hit & if I didn't need to recharge shields, enlight or regen, I could have three hands going after the bad guys.

Once you get rid of his buddies though, the fight is more manageable.

That was the ticket!!!

Also with fury, the person who acts immediately after Plantary Conciousness should use fury even if the team are on full health. In my case it was ethan to act after the boss with only hilbert being faster than the boss. With the quickest two characters using fury pretty much every turn, you'll only really need sacred orbs for mp.

I only had fury equipped on the two fastest, but was fortunate that Ethan had enough HP to survive & I had already instructed him to do a full heal on himself a couple of times. It was very helpful to have two swings before the bad guy got one.

Best tip I could give though would be to have your quickest 3 characters armed with X-Shield and hoard your mega shields so that you're never without one at your disposal instead of using the overdrives offensively (Mega Regen's good as well). Also, equip the 3 members that have X-Shield with Stance in case you think you're going to get caught short. Post if you have any problems, good luck.

I had 2 with X-shield (Hilbert & Matilda), stance & enlight on everyone. When the shields went down & Hilbert wasn't in crisis, I'd have Hilbert shield himself (just in case everyone else got killed) & have Matilda do the full party shield. I only triggered the party regen a couple of times, as Zawu's fury did a good job keeping up & Hilbert's fury bump meant that everyone was fully healed before the bad guy had a shot at my party.

The enlight tactic is a good one. Never really used Zawu but she seems to be very good character, like thorve but not so slow and better intelligence. It's nice when you see his buddies don't come back isn't it, there's no longer a constant barrage of attacks. I take it you've got the 'special' item, not sure what i'm supposed to do with it but i'm gonna try the game again with it to see if there's any difference. post if you find a use for it.

Congrats on killing the beast, anyone else joined this exclusive club?

The enlight tactic is a good one.

During "normal" play (not going after any big baddies) my standard spell card pack is steal, scan, regen, enlight & heal on all of my chars. If I'm up against a bad guy carrying something good to steal, round 1, everyone lays down enlight on the next slowest guy, with the slowest putting it on the fastest. Most of my chars are so high in dexterity, most attacks against them miss. If someone does get hit, char that's just faster can do a heal or if it was a full party hit, everyone lays down regen in the same order they did with enlight. Then it's everyone steal until we've got the item & then everyone except Matilda defends. All my chars finish every round full in HP & MP.

There are a couple of exceptions, like the fast smiley guy in the 3rd seal or the medium bad guys that have sudden death attacks. When I'm up against them, Zawu & Hilbert change out the scan for fury.

Never really used Zawu but she seems to be very good character, like thorve but not so slow and better intelligence.

I started playing her for her speed in the 3rd seal & got used to using her. I used Throve & Lorenza my first time through the game, because I hadn't figured out how to change charcters & they were the chars that I had selected for that one mission. LOL

I should have known better, cuz I did something similar when I played Aveyond 2. I thought that it was kind of unfair that I always had to use up my first turn in the tourney to heal Emma, she didn't gain any levels & I couldn't give her a better weapon or equipment.

It's nice when you see his buddies don't come back isn't it, there's no longer a constant barrage of attacks.

You're not kidding! Each on of them little beasties packs a whollop & I was only getting a single hit against the big guy every third turn or so, because it took that many rounds to get the party in good enough shape to have a free hand. Every time one of my guys died, I needed someone to revive, someone to heal & someone to re-shield them. Two guys died, I was in deep trouble.

I take it you've got the 'special' item, not sure what i'm supposed to do with it but i'm gonna try the game again with it to see if there's any difference. post if you find a use for it.

After I got it, I went right to the "final" battle again, so I don't know if it does anything.

I'm thinking about starting from the very beginning... no stats or stuff.

Just tried the game with the Sign of Eternity but it wasn't in my inventory. I guess it's just for show. Oh well, I quess if you've got a team that can beat Planetary Conciousness then no item is gonna make you that much better I suppose. It's more about the challenge than the prize I guess. Can you recommend any other RPGs that are similar to Last Scenario? I fancy a new challenge.

Marek, have you tried Everlong?

I'm not sure how similar to Last Scenario it really is, but I enjoyed both of these games quite a bit. Everlong also has some pretty challenging boss fights, so at least in this aspect, it is pretty similar to Last Scenario.