Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
chimera

The Dark Knight

I saw it on opening weekend with a group of friends. We had to pre-order our tickets because all the shows were selling out and then we had to wait 2 hours in line to get decent seats >.< Still, it was worth it. It was an awesome movie and I have to say that Heath Ledger completely owned that movie - he did an awesome job as the Joker.

Anyway, I'll be seeing it a second time tonight with another friend of mine who hasn't seen it yet. I'm excited XD

I havnt seen it yet, im going to see it tonight, supposedly.

lrcy333 wrote:

i saw it when it first came out...so many killings!

... ... ...

>_>

<_<

LULZZZZ, how old are you...?

i'm waiting for my dad to come home during the weekend and then i think we'll see it together! just like me, he enjoys these kind of movies; unlike the rest of my family. anyway, i read somewhere that the film is (or at least heath ledger's perfomance is) being touted as oscar-worthy, by several critics. i hope it lives upto the hype; as i don't want to be disappointed again like i was after watching spiderman 3!

OMG XD XD That movie is brilliant. Heith Ledger rocked my world. The only part I didn't like is batman as you know...a man. He was kind of boring and depressed.

At the movie theatre I almost fell out of my seat at this one part. You'll love it!

omg! i saw that 3 days ago with my dad cause it was his birthday :D so we called it his b-day movie XD to actually have a movie come out on his birthday. i kept on shvering inside the theater csue it was so cold...we went at 9:50, though we didnt no it would take 2.5 hrs. i hated wen she ...er... no spoilers.... and batman finally killed someone...i hate the joker so bad right now...

@s_tyong: do you mean the part in which (highlight to read)---> rachel dies? i read that on wikipedia and was feeling sad about it! :cry: <--- he kills someone ? :o I thought superheroes NEVER do that! maybe we finally have a realistic movie!!! :lol:

@lrcy333: it is? that's good news! i had thought that it would be a totally tension filled drama!

I haven't see it yet but I can't wait. I was a kid when Batman came out with Jack Nicholson as the Joker and was scared by that (Hopefully, I'm not dating myself). Based on the previews, I'm hoping this time the Joker by Heath Ledger will give me nightmares.

@Emma

LOL Which part did you nearly fall out of your seat? Personally, I loved the Joker's disappearing pencil act XD (those who have seen the movie will know what I'm talking about)

Uhm, SPOILER-ISH THING!

OK, you know the part where they're in the car chase? Well the movie was so full of action up to that point I was basically already on the edge of my seat and...I forget...something happened, and then his car went slamming into the other and I totally flipped out XD

The action was too much XD XD

i finally saw it!!! happy002.gif

and it's BRILLIANT! it's soooooooooooooooooooooo different from all the other superhero films.... and heath ledger's acting! the way he adapted his voice to suite joker's character was incredible! and yes there were several funny moments in the film (a lot of them were because of the joker, though in a rather unnerving way!) i liked this one the most: (highlight to read)--->when this guy finds out that Wayne is batman, he tries to blackmail Fox for money and Fox replies:

'let me get this straight: what you're saying is that your client is a ruthless vigilante who spends his nights pounding people into a pulp and you want to blackmail him? good luck!' (i don't think i remember the words exactly as they were spoken in the film, and the way i've written them has taken away some of the humour but anyway) so this poor guy gets so scared that he begins to have second thoughts and by the time Fox says 'good luck' he almost flies! :lol:<--- i liked the music too!

@Aeternus: i liked that one too!

@Addicted_Emma: lol for me the action was too little!

I saw this movie and OMG!!! the joker is sooo freakin' freaky :o not even kidding. it's kind of eerie how heath looked so run down and scary and he's u know ... no longer with us... may he :rip:

Cheers!

@chimera

You got the words close XD It was more like (highlight) : "Let me get this straight. You're saying that you believe your client, one of the most powerful and wealthiest people in the world, goes around beating up criminals with his bare hands at night...and you want to blackmail this person?" LOL I loved that line. Morgan Freeman did a good job in his role, as well.

i didn't like the parts with rachel in it. i don't know why but i thought katie holmes was better in that role... i also didn't like the way her character was potrayed in the film; it was like she existed only to juggle between the two guys... she should've had a more prominent role...i also hated the seen when (highlight to read)-->she dies and says (in her letter) that she doesn't love bruce. i know it was necessary for her to die to make dent a bad guy but they could've made another girl his gilrfriend and done that, or he could've loved loved rachel without her loving him back.... <-- i don't think that after the first movie; it fit in somehow.... i just hope that if they make a sequel they (highlight to read)--> don't bring in another girl to play his love interest...in all the batman films i have seen; i think rachel's character had the most depth among his love interests.... <-- but the other parts of the film are still brilliant though depressing (except the joker's part! :lol: ). overall (personally) i liked the previous film better.....