Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
ddunit

hardest moment ever?

ever got killed in dungeon right after you saved? happened to me so i was lvl 23 rhen alone had to cross whole mt onion at 10-250 (depends if i get venison drop) so tell me your extraordinary feet (i died about 50 times XD)

well, now that I know what I'm doing, Ahriman's Lair is probably the hardest for me, with Dreamland coming a close second.

Before I knew what I was doing, I didn't realise I could use cassia leaves or venison or anything DURING battle (I only paid attention to Attack and Skill - never even wondered what Items was for!). So yes, Mt Orion was the place, and I frequently ended battles with just one surviving team member, and they were only hanging onto life by a thin thread. I also frequently had to load saved games and try it again. The number of times I got the "Ye wimp - who taught you how to fight?" message is embarrassing!

lol shaz! yeah it is embarrassing! :oops: mt. orion was the hardest for me.... the first time i attempted it; i had about ten of those lightning (or whatever they're called, i don't remember the name exactly) scrolls with me and by the time i realised that they were the best things for fighting those monsters; i had been called 'a wimp' i don't know how many times..... even after i went all the way back and returned (with almost a hundred scrolls); it took me several tries to emerge out of the caves alive.....

LOL! I never even noticed that.

However, it's still very appropriate - it made ME feel like crying on many occasions :D

Ditto with getting Elini first. But I use the cash cow and buy 99 lightning scrolls. They make it pretty quick to get through there now.

My hardest part was after I defeated the second daeva (The one in graveyard in Ghe'daire. ) and I didn't have enough gp to buy the medicine to cure weevils and I had not purchased the portal stone to get me to Veldarah. So I had to work my way back through the Wildwoods to the Adventures Club losing HP with each step and kept using food to heal myself up after each battle.

It took me all my food and 30 Cassia Leaves before I reached there and earned enough money to go back to New Witchwoods to get the potion.

This was when Build B was fairly new and I didn't get the cash cow to bulk up on gp. I had to restart the game about 10-15 times losing all lives before I could get past the wolves in Wildwoods.

...i found it hard to rack up enough money to get the Orb Staff and Flood Orb from Derez. Before i knew about the cash cow, that is XD but i still don't like using it too early in the game.

yeah, Mt. Orion was hard. but fun.

finding Zarich, i think, was the hardest part for me. no wonder tawrich was so hard--i think he was the second daeva i fought, and i rescued Rashnu...must have been second-to-last XD i simply COULD NOT find that stupid shovel! i even started a new game incase i had missed it somewhere early XD

I never really had a problem with mount Orion,

but I think Lampland was the hardest point for me,

and the demon caves too, they seemed impossible and I barely survived them every time i went in them, but I kept on training there again an again and suddenly they weren't so hard anymore.

I never went back to Lampland though, it's way out of my league :P

I haven't beaten the game yet though, maybe ill find someplace even worse.

Yup, I found Mt. Orion very difficult until I discovered how well the Lightning Scrolls worked. I think it was because one of my characters was low on MP and wasn't doing much with melee attacks so I went through the items list and decided to try out some scrolls, and wow, was I ever glad I did!! Mt. Orion has been easy since.

And I have to agree about the Demon Caves, Lampland and Ahriman's Lair. All three are hard!! Lampland was especially hard because it was so long with no place to rest or buy restoratives (and you couldn't teleport out either >_< ) But difficulty-wise when fighting the monsters, it wasn't too bad if you're at a decent level. But Demon Caves' monsters were hard. Fighting all those imps was a huge pain because sometimes they'd kill off my people with 1-2 hits. It was until I developed a semi-solid strategy that I could get through that place alive >_>

I beat the game a few days ago, and Ahriman's lair

was so hard I almost gave up, but I loved the battle with Ahriman, And Dameon got an offensive spell, finally!

My strategy is rhen only uses sword waltz, lars uses rumor, dameon uses healing ultima or revive extora

and elini just attacks, when she attacks it damages the opponents but everyone else only takes 1 hitpoint because of the immunity thing.

i think this should be in spam haven!!

Anyways, my hardest moment (and still could not pass it) was when going to zarich. stupid maze,i got stuck on the part where u should "carefully time ur moves with those moving boulders!" and for me, mt.orion was a piece of cake. Only thing is to level up in land's end until u can defeat the rawryns and earth elementals with one blow and i never use scrolls i only use them whem my party's attacks aren't inflicting much damage.

I just got done beating Av 1 for the second time. The first time I played my hardest moments goes like this.

Ahriman's Lair #1

Dreamland #2

Dark Caverns #3

Lampland #4

Demon Caves #5

When I first played Mt Orion was pretty dang hard until I started noticing the monsters were dropping the lightning scrolls that and the walkthrough helped me to know what to do. It was still hard though because the wlk doesn't tell you everything like what level you should be when you go to certain locations. I can't remember if I had 2 or 3 people at Mt Orion/Land's End region. It was difficult and I seem to remember once hanging on by a thin thread because I was out of supplies. I managed to make it though and when I made it out I got the cash cow, travelling runes, and majorly stocked up on scrolls. It took me like 46 hours to beat the game the first time. However, the second time I played I started out with the gold goodie by accident when I was playing around with the goodies the first time I played it was still in the slave room when I played for the second time. I didn't do the runes or cash cow right away, I waited until I saved at least the first druid. I then did the goodies and then just spent a little more time in locations that are easy level up areas before going on to like Lampland, Demon Caves, Dark Caverns, Ice Castle, etc. I even got the dragon and went to Thais sooner than the wlk says and got the best stuff ahead of time so that the dark caverns were not too difficult for me. I did things smarter and better the second time around and it only took me 26 hours to beat it the second time around. The first time I missed some quests, but the second time I did everything and got everything. It will be awhile before I play again as I want to try something new. I'm gonna beat Av2 and play Ahriman's Prophecy which I'm just starting now and then maybe some of the other games on the site. I'm excited about playing ahr prop since talia, devin, & alicia pendragon is in there. I can't wait to see what they were like before Rhen came along. The graphics and play is a little different, but I'm looking forward to playing it.

First it has GOTTA be Mt. Orion...but I've eventually got back alive when I realised that the lightning scroll can do the trick. ;)

Second...Definitely in the Genie's lamp. I hate encountering those "4 group" monsters and dragons >_< I barely got there alive.

Last but not least...in Dreamland!!! UGH I CAN'T believe I've wasted those elixirs and Auqualixir something just to realise that I can use the dizzy doll!!! >=( And my party was kinda 'out of balance too' so I need to level up Elini in my party...Which is kinda hard since I've decided to choose the sword (for John) instead of the Red Demon Spell!!!

Oh well...

Ahriman's Lair, but the others weren't so hard.

Mt.Orion- with the scrolls was it very easy.

Lamp Land- There I had more problems because I didn't joined Lars a guild, wanted to make him time master, and I was in the Genie's Lamp before going to Thais.

Dreamland- the dream witches were the biggest problem,but I had 1 or 2 beast repellents :D

@Archoun

Eh I find the dream witches extremely easy since you can have Tei/John in your party :) I find the Rawvyn very hard tho, since Rhen & Lars/Elini are the only one who do the offense in magic...=/ (And plus Elini's spells cost too much mp!!!)

ahriman's lair, surely. its obviously harder than ahriman himself.

actually, i even went there not totally prepared, i didn't buy new supplies, since i knew i had a lot already.

imagine my surprise when i was near ahriman that almost my restorvatives were almost gone!!!

though, i am proud that i got to play the lair at about... level... 65 is rhen? she's the highest level in my team, followed by the others.

because of hardship, i think rhen even became level 71 before fighting ahriman. o_o yes, wow. :D

but at least i survived. found some techniques to be helpful. sleep flute did a great job in the end to defeat ahriman :D

The whole game is like a math formula - come to an area with the wrong approach, wrong spells, wrong armour, wrong character and it's the end. I think I did everything wrong at first.

The first time I dodged all the monsters up north and took the low level spells for Rhen and didn't realize I could take Lars to school too. I didn't realize which spells attacked a group, and which ones attacked only one character so Rhen somehow ended up with weak spells that didn't attack all four attackers. I died a hundred times in the Wildwoods, my worst area that I spent two days trying to get through. Now, I take at least one each of the level 15 spells (Holy Trinity, Thunderstorm) and it's over in one round even with Rhen and Lars at level 15.

It's not hard to get enough money for 20-30 lightning scrolls after Aveyond, and now Mt Orion is easier but I still get lost. I just didn't think to start relying on items before that section. The earth elementals were very hard to fight without the flood orb.

Beast Repellent is evil - I've gotten too far into an area that I couldn't fight my way out of when it wore off.

I thought Teijal was a weaker character because she could only take out one, but the way the game plays she can kill at least 25% of the attacking force in the first round. I didn't use her the first time.

Elini and Dameon were in my party in the Dreamland, and Lars was a necromancer. I got kicked hard. Elini doesn't fight as well as any of the other fighters, and she can't cast as well as the other mages so she's a bit mediocre at both. Having all magic users in the thieves hideout was a huge mistake.

Saving Lars to be a Time Master left me drowning in a number of areas - missed his fire power. The first Necromancer spell is a fire spell though, so the Flood Orb takes away the benefits of having him join a guild.

Galahad suddenly gets much tougher in Arhiman's Lair, and starts hitting for more than Teijal but he's very poor leading up to that fight.

I'm thinking of doing a more detailed walkthrough that gives the player the location of the most power for the characters. If I get the formula right for an area, it's over in two rounds at most. Haven't figured out how to take Arhiman in two rounds though...

my hardest moment was also in ahriman's lair, next is also dreamland. in ahriman's lair i saved after beating every enemy group (or angel of death). actually, i found the wyvern groups harder to beat than ahriman himself (of course i used dameon's sun fury on ahriman, so that was easy)