Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

RP- "The Last Stand to the Land of the Dead"

"Sorry guys, This place is just such a sudden change. I'm a little freaked out. Aren't you freaked out? We need to find something to fight with."

Tyson began scurrying toward the cliff.

(((Hi everyone! Sorry for being so late, I'm joining now. I'll be playing Twitch; the squirrel I adopted from the DL's adoption program. Her profile:

This is Twitch. She's a little trigger happy and likes to watch things blow up. Be sure to keep your ammo and artillery locked up safely. It is reported that she was inspirational to the development of the squirrels new ultimate weapon. She loves field rations and pine nuts. Rarely sleeping indoors, she is content with her hammock and lean-to. Although she does like to come inside and watch a good war movie every now and then. (Twice she has been caught playing 'Halo' after midnight.) Twitch can survive alone in the wilderness for days on end with little more than a knife and her wits. She is an expert in hand to paw combat, so it is best to let her have her way. She requires a gym with treadmill and weight lifting equipment.

width=300http://i317.photobucket.com/albums/mm375/chimera_wake/twitch.jpg[/img]

I'm planning to make her Hank Hunter (Army Corps of Engineers)'s daughter and thus make her the inspiration for the weapon, and have her quite depressed about the weapon plan not working, if that is okay with everyone.))) :)

Twitch opened her eyes, sat up and looked around: she was lying near the edge of a blue cliff, in a completely unfamiliar, dark place. The last thing she could remember was the sudden explosion and the inescapable darkness after...

Suddenly she saw a dark figure scurrying towards her, she quickly jumped to her feet and was about to pull out her pocket-knife when she noticed the familiar silhouette of the squirrel:

"That you Tyson?"

"Twitch? You made it? Too bad, um good. That doesn't sound right. Glad to see you but uh...sorry you're... dead. We can always use another good soldier. HEY GUYS...IT'S TWITCH!!!"

"Twitch, so you 'did' make it! Too bad... well, I mean, hey, good to see you!"

"Now gang, I thought we were out scouting... I wonder what for... must have been for Twitch... hey, and we found her! Yeah for us!!!"

"Twitch, you gotta watch out for Gunter. He's hot on everyone's tails... well, blowing the fur off it, that is. Keep your tail to your back."

The howels of the wolves on the air give me cold chills. I suppose I'll get use to it sooner or later... hope it sooner!

"Yeah nice to see I'm not the only one here, you both don't look too happy to see me though..." Twitch looked at them suspiciously, then suddenly noticing what Ricky was talking about, said:

"Gunter's here too? Well if he dares to so much as look at ma chère tail, I'll blow his whiskers off!

Anyway did you say dead, Tyson? As in actually dead? What the heck is this place and why are we still roaming around if we're dead?" She was beginning to look bewildered and irritated; not a good sign!

It was awful, thought Tyson. Some one was going to have to tell Twitch about it. It may as well be him.

"Now first of all, don't kill the messenger." Tyson laughed, "Silly me, you can't even if you wanted to. Anyway, I know how you love a good killing spree but you can't kill some one with weapons here."

Tyson took a step back in case she went all Twitchy...

"Um, we are out looking for something to fight dead creatures with. We need some kind of magic. So far we seem to be the smallest creatures here too, but size isn't everything. With some good magic we could conquer Death..."

A sudden thought came to Bugle Boy. "Do you think the Land of the Dead is only wilderness or do you think that there would be towns here? If there are towns maybe we could find something there."

"Dreary, <---Ricky Ranger looks at this word and wonders if it's spelled correctly... that's what this place is... a lot of dead logs and trees and that howling! Sheesh... and what the heck are those things walking on two legs over there??? If we could make it to the forest back there we could take to the trees... wish we had some more of those rolled up papers we found in the cave. They make awesome fires!"

I thought for a moment - contemplating my next move. Getting it set in my brain I said, "I'm gonna make a run for it towards the trees, if I make it I'll scout around for a town. If I don't make it, y'all start timing to see how long it takes to regenerate a whole body. The tail didn't take that long."

Looking around again I start to make my move, "Here goes nothing!" I race as fast as I can up the hill and towards the trees. I hear the howling growing louder, I can hear the breath of that thing in back of me. I start using my spring and run gait and then just as I was about to leap into the tree..."

...one of the werewolves took a swipe at me and sent me flying. I splatted into the tree at a much higher spot than I was aiming for. Thank heaven for small favors.

"Look guys, I made it!"

As I was standing up I lost my balance.

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! Dang... my tail is missing!!! Sheesh! I suppose I'll have to rest while it 'comes back' to me. At least I'm up in the tree!"

"You have a good rest Ricky, you are a brave soldier."

After saying this, while the others were talking Twitch walked a bit away from the group and sat down upon a rock.

What happened? Why had the plan not worked? The humans were supposed to be here, not us! How could the plan not have worked? The weapon design had been flawless. She could feel the anger and frustration welling up inside her... This isn't right!

"It cannot be right!" said Twitch, accidentally aloud. The sound of her voice brought her out of her thoughts and she calmed down a bit. The others hadn't noticed her voice. Well I'll think about it later, we need to focus on other things right now.

Deciding this, Twitch got up, went back to the others with a firm resolve and spoke aloud:

"Tyson you are right, we need to do something about these flea-bitten wolves, we cannot tolerate such behaviour! You said we need some sort of magic, why is that? Don't weapons work against them at all?"

"Nutit!" She swore under her breath.

"Well finding something in a town seems to be the only option left. But how can we get across, unless, of course, you are willing to be hacked to bits along the way, then rest, then torn apart again then have to rest again... yeah travelling like that would be real quick, we could set a record by almost beating a tortoise." She sneered in disgust. After thinking for a few minutes she spoke again:

"However, if you don't want to travel like that and would like to get there in a single piece, I can think of one other way. First tell me if you have any idea about the direction a town can possibly be in?"

Tyson looked around, there was no sign of a town but there was a path of sorts. Paths always led somewhere.

"Hey Ricky. Can you see any signs of where this path leads? Should we go left or right? I don't even know if we have east and west here."

I stood up on the branch and looked down the path. It took a bend to the left, which should be west, if there 'is' west down here.

"The trail takes a bend to the left after a ways. That should be west, if there is such a thing down here."

I turned around and my tail brushed up side the tree trunk. Huh?

"Hey, my tail is coming back!", I said with a big toothy grin.

“Hang on a minute!” said Twitch, suddenly. “Shouldn’t we check right too? All of us don’t have to go in one direction; we can divide into two parties: one can go left, the other right, and report back here in about one and a half hours.”

"I think it would be better if we didn't split up just yet. There aren't that many of us here. Besides that, the wolves came from the other direction. If you are determined to scout that area I'll not be stopping you, but I'd rather head away from them than into them. Anyone want to scout the other way with Twitch?"

Maps

Land of the Dead

Two Moons Plains

Cursed Woods

Casket Hill

Cliffs of Rememberance

Underworld Entrance

I'm putting these links in the opening post too.

Bugle Boy looks in the direction that Twitch indicated. The howls of the wolves can be hear in the distance that way. "I'm with Tyson, I would rather go the opposite direction of the wolves."

As my tail filled out, I scampered through the trees a bit faster. Up ahead there was a clearing. No telling what awaited us there.

I reached the edge of the forest and looked out in amazement. There before me was what seemed to be a grassy plains. There was a creek running through it, however it looked quite murky. The best thing was, there were no werewolves.

I scampered back to Tyson and told him the good news.

This happens right after Bugle Boy’s post and during the time Ricky takes in going ahead/coming back:

Twitch looked at everyone, nobody responded. She could feel that temper of hers beginning to sniff the air, fed with generous bouts of frustration. “Okay if no one here has a heart brave enough to not crunch in the face of the enemy, I have no problem going alone. I hate running away from the hounds. I’ll meet you back at the cave. But I despise cowards and I don't know how you plan on taking over even a square inch of this land if you continue like this. Humph!” Twitch stomped off in the opposite direction.

(((I hope I don’t seem like I’m trying to be uncooperative with you all, I’m just totally new to RPing. I want to show Twitch as a bossy, headstrong and hot tempered etc. squirrel who believes in meeting the enemy head-on and she’s bound to have ‘disagreements’ whenever things don’t seem to go her way.)))

((I love it Chimera! Keep it coming... makes things interesting!))

"What in the world got into Twitch??? She's stomping off in the other direction! Doesn't she know what these wolves are capable of? Our weapons are no good here. Hmmm... I guess that one has to figure it out on her own. I'm sure she'll catch up to us shortly!", I snickered.