Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Oracle

RP- "The Last Stand to the Land of the Dead"

((Doing great Chimera. That's why I left the option open;)Lrcy hasn't come with us either.))

"Ah, let them go. Maybe they will discover something important. Onward to what evil may come, let us be about our business. A clearing you say?"

Tyson scampered up the path. There was a clearing, but the path turned sharply to the left and disappeared in a black mist. He couldn't stand the suspense and ran through the barrier. Almost instantly he emerged 'on a world map?' Not sure what to do he ran back through the mist. Everyone was still there.

(((Thanks Oracle and Chauncy, I'll feel more comfortable while 'arguing', now. ;) Nice to see Gunter join me Pokegal, I was hoping for that.

Just so we're all on the same track, I wanted to confirm where exactly in Two Moon Plains are we? We are in Two Moon Plains right?)))

Hearing Gunter's voice, Twitch turned around. "You are coming with me then, eh Gunter? Good, I knew you were a thunder-hearted squirrel the day I saw you!" She thumped him on the back. "Let us go on then." Very quietly and carefully they proceeded, trying to walk in the shadows of the cliffs and trees.

"I reeally am starting to hate these things..." I muttered, at the sight of a wolf pack not too far away. "This must be their territory." I gave Twitch a look that let her know that nothing would make me back down.

(((I thought so, that's why I asked. I've been thinking about going 'right' and 'left', from my point of view of the map, not the squirrrels'. So all this while I was thinking Tyson was heading in the direction Twitch was actually going! :oops: Well it's too late to backtrace now; it'll cause too much confusion, so I think I and Gunter will continue marching on, maybe we'll find something useful; like Tyson said. ;) Sorry about this!)))

(((I think Twitch would rather die (again) than return without some sort of achievement and admit defeat, not after she called them all a bunch of cowards. :lol: )))

"Tighten your belt Gunter and keep moving, don't worry. Years after people have forgotten that jelly-boned Tyson and his band of nut crunching easy-way-out-seekers, Twitch the Magnifique and her worthy comrade Gunter Thunder-Tail would be remembered as the ones who did not fail, who refused to give up, who never scurried into the holes to save their bushy tails in the face of danger, who refused to be intimidated by red-eyed, three headed mongrels, who conquered the wolf-lords!" Twitch's eyes were gleaming with pride as she envisioned statues and busts being made of her, songs and poems being sung and written about her, children playing with special edition Twitch action fig-- a heart-chilling howl towards her right suddenly brought her out from this delightful reverie and she spun around to see four werewolves staring up at them, but they were below her cliff level, so couldn't reach her and Gunter. Feeling a bit relieved, Twitch noticed that they had rounded a sharp bend in the path while she had been dreaming, and were now heading west. Upon walking a few more paces they came to a bridge made of something that looked like extremely thick cobwebs and strong enough to support even humans, leading away from the path and heading north. "Should we cross it?" she wondered aloud.

((Lol, you're char kinda seems a little emo-no offense.))

I sighed with relief knowing that we were safe and wouldn't have to waste time, then turned my attention to Twitch.

"If it can hold those pudgy humans, surely they can hold us." I walked over and threw a rock just about my weight on the bridge. I was actually astonished that I could do that. Anyways, it didn't break, so I slowly crept across. Once I was on the other side, I waved for Twitch to follow.

"It was the strangest thing that ever happened to me. I think it was a World Map. I remember a girl named Rhen who visited our cave once, said she had traveled on a World Map, just before she stole our birdseed. It's like all of a sudden the world shrank so much I could see everywhere. I think there is a town to the southwest. You guys want to try it?"

Twitch followed Gunter to the other side of the bridge and looked around. She saw three live skeletons with shields, daggers and all, coming towards her and Gunter. "I'll try to dodge around them Gunter! If I don't make it, don't follow me, go back and continue going down the path." she whispered urgently.

Quickly, but quietly, Twitch scurried straight towards the skeletons, but upon almost reaching them, she quickly sidestepped towards her left and circled around them. The skeletons did not seem too bright and didn't follow her, continuing towards Gunter instead. Twitch frantically waved to Gunter to follow her.

Bugle Boy walks up to the black mist and sticks his paw through it. It doesn't hurt but his paw disappears. He pulls his paw back to make sure it's still there. "Well, if there's a town this way, we should go then." BB hops through the black mist and waits for the others on the other side.

"You don't have to ask me twice!"

Bugle Boy went through then Tyson followed right behind him. I wasn't waiting around so I scampered straight on through right after Tyson.

"Ugh! Ooooph! Ouch!!"

I had slammed right into the back of Tyson and we had all gone tumbling. Jumping up I brushed at my fur, "At least we all got through."

Looking at Bugle Boy and Tyson splatted on the ground got me to laughing so hard tears were streaming.

"Tooooooo funny! Where to next?", I said with a smile.

Twitch watched as the skeletons looked around for any sign of Gunter, didn't find him and finally giving up, turned towards her again. She frantically searched her pockets and found some hand grenades she had completely forgotten about. Quickly she pulled the pin and flung one at the skeletons. It did some damage but also aggravated them and they doubled their speed. Uh-oh! They were getting nearer...

Heart thumping like the soundtrack of one of her favourite movies; The Terminator, Twitch looked around desperately for some means of help and noticed a brown, wooden chest a few paces behind her. Remembering how her father had once told her about chests containing useful items scattered across the globe and particularly in places they were needed the most, and praying this one wasn't locked, Twitch plucked all her strength and ran towards it.

"Is everyone here?" Tyson looked around after brushing himself off.

"See we need to head for that bridge first. I don't think there are any monsters here either. At least I can't see any."

I saluted Tyson and scurried ahead scouting out the place. Up over the bridge and through a couple of groves of trees I followed the path. Just outside the second grove of trees was another bridge. I hopped up on the stone wall to the bridge and there in the distance was a village. I scampered back to tell the group what I found.

"Hey, Tyson, Benji, and Bugle Boy, I found the town. It's a little ways out, but it's a piece of cake to get to.

"Seems gloomy somehow, kinda foggy around there and the trees seem to be all dead. Don't know whether that's cause of the sludge in the creek or what. It's safe to get to though, no evil monsters along the way.

"If we hurry we'll get there before all the shops close. Wonder if they serve squirrels?"

I scurried back in the direction of the town waving to the others to come on.