Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  

User Names

My real name is Jannes, but because nobody that isn't dutch would pronounce it right, I wrote it so that English speakers would pronounce it as best as possible without using fonethic writing.

if you wonder how to pronounce it:

J-A-N-N-E-S

J like in Yess

A like in ball

N like in every other word with an N

N same

E like in bus

S like in Six

somebody even wrote a song about it (in dutch)

I dare to listen to it to the end (very hard if you can understand it)

You can hear him sing the name at seconds 59 and 60, for those who can't bear to listen to the song.

FYI: I am not that ugly person on the image, and i didn't sing it either, in general, people with my name are very very very very very very very handsome.

and for the enthousiasts: here are the lyrics in english (contributed by google translator)

Lalalalala

I went with my wife last to Amsterdam

Hejahejaho

Someone asked, but the way he looked at me strangely

Hejahejaho

He said excuse me now I know not what you are saying

Hejahejaho

Do you understand me or do you understand me bad

Hejahejaho

I have explained it in good Dutch

Hejahejaho

My name is ...... Jannes

Come from the countryside

All they find me a farmer

Well that makes me really shit.

My name is ....... Jannes

Just out of Netherlands

For those who do not know me now

am a true man.

He said will not hurt I come not here

Hejahejaho

I am here for fun and a daggie

Hejahejaho

He gave me his hand and said sorry sir

Hejahejaho

He introduced himself and asked again

Hejahejaho

I'm really lost but what is your name again

Hejahejaho

My name is ...... Jannes

Come from the countryside

All they find me a farmer

Well that makes me really shit.

My name is ....... Jannes

Just out of Netherlands

For those who do not know me now

am a true man.

I usually have the same nicknames on various forums because I'm too lazy to come up with new ones. This is one of my favorite ones and it's a term for a female demon/succubus in Slavic mythology.

Since I'm somewhat interested in that topic, the user name pretty much easily decided.

I use Stella Nox everywhere now... pretty much.

I'm obesessed with Latin and then looked up a couple words... so yeah.

And then a couple days ago I realized I have the names of two Aveyond characters as my username. I fail. =_=

Mine is a combo of nicknames, normally I'm SILENTnoobXD on some games, T34MBT & M4MBT on mmos/rpgs. Fish is a nickname (or yu/sakana 鱼 ) that I get called a lot, and Santiago is my old Spanish nickname. I can only have one nickname on failb- er... facebook so I put both of them up there. Some people only know me a Santiago, so it would help them look me up. Since then everyone started calling me Fishsantiago. :D

On another note, I know from Spanish that Stella Nox means night star. ^^ actually nox I just know from latin, but Stella in Spanish would be Estrella; Star.

Well, stella is from latin as well and means indeed star. You already know this, but it's on of the few words of Latin I remember, so now you have scietific prove from an "expert" XD

wow mayor confusion with D_A there, took me 5 minutes to figure out that you are not her XD

EDIT: or maybe you are D_A with some kind of devil (read Daeva) like plan to steal all the waffles in amaranthia :evil:

yannes wrote:

wow mayor confusion with D_A there, took me 5 minutes to figure out that you are not her XD

EDIT: or maybe you are D_A with some kind of devil (read Daeva) like plan to steal all the waffles in amaranthia :evil:

Ahahahahahaahahhaah... Her and I were just talking about this happening :D:D:D

Yes, I'm d_a... I'm short.. and like drinking tons of coke and doing crack pairings ^^

http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=333532#forumpost333532

nooo... I'm not that cute :) I just stole her avies and sigs. [stole meaning she sent them to me :D] oh... and I steal her hat :D But yea... If there are waffles to steal.. :evil: She's so much better at art than I... I am almost as awesome though. :) Hi! ^^ Nice to meet you! Nomnom waffles!

I'm Fish! ^^ I'm tall, awesome, and like to tease d_a all the time. :D

Well, too bad, because I have [d]eaten[/d] err... hidden all the waffles in a safe location!!

*puts somethingin his mouth...*

wyou will newew fwind twhem!!!!!

@ Rusalka - That's nice! I usually use either of my two favorite usernames on most forums (not that I'm a part of many ^^' ) Welcome to AM!

@ Stella.Nox - LOl! Talk about ironic ^^ I didn't know what my username meant until someone told me. Heh, <---fail ^^'

@ FishSantiago - Lol, I thought d_A had probably changed her username XD Welcome to Amaranthia though, and you've got a wackily nice username! Have fun

I came up with my user name because it was easy to remember since it's a shortened version of my e-mail address, which was originally inspired by Collier's painting of Lady Godiva. It is quite beautiful and symbolizes freedom for women.

Even though I'm a boy, I decided to use a girl's name 'Meroko'. The reason is clear! It's because I love her. Here's her pic:

meroko34gr.gif

@Meroko: ...You are a boy?! EHHH?! Ah well, I guessed that, though. Meroko (the girl) is kyoot!

My username is because I like the night. The stars are like diamonds, glittery and shiny. The 'mist' part is kind of because my eyes go misty when I'm thinking, AND that mist is nice and pretty. :D

@diamondmist: Oh, thanks for the compliment for MY 'Meroko'! Hey, your user name is, kind of, similar to my mother's REAL NAME. And everybody GASPED when I admit myself that I am a boy! Why is that?

@Yuffie: I knew that already! You told me at the very fist, didn't you?

Usually i use the english version of my name along with smth extra but i got bored with using my real name.So i decided to use the name of a character i like ^^

Suwako Moriya of Touhou 10-Mountain of faith XD