Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
colrick

Portal Stone Goodie

if you've only rescued the first druid, you need to take the skull you received and head to Halloween Hills, where you'll eventually find your second druid.

There's also a man on the world map, between the Eastern Empire and Wildwoods, who has a boat and will sell it to you if you can help him out. That's the one you'll need before you can head to the Western Isle and the Highlands (though that's not the first place you should go when you get there).

Why do you think you need to go to "Highland Plains"? Are you following a walkthrough? You're probably quite a bit ahead of where you need to be, if that's the case.

I rescued the druid in the temple at Greenrock Temple of highland Plains. I have the boat which I used to get to the western islands.I am following the write out. I got the eye and defeated the cave behind the house.

My boat is at western island. After rescuing the druid at the northern end of the highland plains I used a stone to transport the druid to aveyond. After getting the climbing guide I am trying to return to highland plain to continue the game. Rereading the guide I should have visited Brumbrich in lower plains, which would give me a return point from aveyond. The write up had no mension of a visit to Brumwich was neccesary.

Went to the boat man and talked to him then exit the house and there was the boat, which I was not able to approach to board it.

Can not seem to leave eastern empire.

There is no mule express connection between Aveyond and Brumwich that I know of. The problem is that your rowboat is on the western isle, so you're stuck on the eastern isle unless you can get a western isle portal stone.

Remember to always save in multiple slots, and to not use portal stones unless you have a return stone.

Actually, this will no longer work in build C - a slight oversight on my part.

We considered it a bug that you could land on the Western Isle, then head back to Veldarah and buy a rune to Sedona prior to saving the druid and getting the merchant card. So it was changed so the Sedona rune would only be available AFTER you had passed through the trade route.

In build C it is now possible to get stuck with your rowboat on the western isle and you elsewhere with no way to get back! Oops! I'll probably have to provide a patch for that. But if you're playing build B, Arggie's solution will work for you.

actually the Brumwich runes weren't available in Veldarah - only the Sedona ones. I SHOULD have made Brumwich runes available on accessing the Western Isle, in addition to making Sedona runes available on going through the trade route. I might do a quick update and send through to Amanda so she can repackage it all up.

I have found the location of the cash cow from the goody but I am there and I dont see any cash cow.And I dont find the Portal Stones,I was in the location where it muss by but I dont see any Portal Stones.What can I do?

You can get runes from any vendor who sells you maps, as long as you have dug up the portal stone on the Eastern Isle.

Check the Goodies (link at top of page) and you will find a map showing its location. There may be a map in the pinned Hints, Tips, .... thread with more info. Then just walk to that area and step around, pressing the spacebar with each step. You should "dig up" the goodie (a shovel is not required). Once you have it, you will be able to buy the runes.

To help you find it, if the map didn't give you enough info, then you should do the following:

Proceed as if you were going to the cash cow area, but instead of going up and then turning left after going down the ladder, go straight up after the ladder.

There's a path to the left that will wind around and pass a small lake. Go down from there until you see a small ladder. go up the ladder and pass the chicken(s) and you will be almost near where the X is on the goodie map. Look closely.

I noticed there is a pattern of little white holes on the ground. 3 in almost a straight line and an even smaller hole just a bit up and to the right of the farthest hole on the right.

That is the area you should dig, moving one space at a time across, then down a step and back.

I also hope this helps others who are saying "I dug everywhere I could and I still did not find that stupid spot!" in the future.

If there isn't, to get the dragon you had to leave your ship at the dock next to it's cave, right?

you might be able to brave the desert and reach your ship, and see if another shop somewhere has that rune. (I believe it exists outside of thais somewhere, once you've visited w/ the dragon)

after that, just make sure you keep some extra traveling runes with you, and don't always save over the same file. you get 15 for a reason. =P

If you mean "How do I use the travelling runes?" You open your menu and click the rune in the items to take you where you want to go.

If you mean "How do I actually use the goodie to use travelling runes in the game?" you read where the map in the goodie you downloaded tells you to go. Then you dig in the ground by using your spacebar (No shovel needed) to unearth the 'Portal Stone Goodie'.

Then you just go to the towns and buy runes from the magic/rune shops.