Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
kittyclaw

walkthrough build c

can anyone please tell me when the walkthrough for build c come's out? I'd love to know please.

and another question, I tried one of the goodies (god) but it wouldn't show in the slave-room of Rhen. can anyone help me please???

can you talk me through the steps you took to install the goodie? When you saved your game beforehand, was Rhen still in the house, or outside? Did you extract the files from the goodie to your desktop, or straight into the data folder?

I have found, on Vista (with UAC enabled, which is the default), that trying to extract a file straight from a zipped file into the data folder does not work. My game is installed in c:\program files, and as far as the OS is concerned, that's a "restricted area" where anything you do must get the blessing of the system administrator first. In most cases this happens by a pop-up box asking if you want to complete the operation and you merely click yes/ok. However, WinZip doesn't seem to behave in this way. For me, it fails to save the file where I tell it to, but it does not tell me that it's failing (there MAY be a small message displayed at the bottom of the window or somewhere).

I actually had someone else recently who was pulling out her hair trying to install a goodie, and I'm pretty sure she was having the same problem.

I suggest you open up the goodie file in Winzip, and do one of the following two sequences (first approach may not work, depending on your unzipping program).

1. Highlight the file named Map057.rxdata and control-C to copy. Go to your Aveyond/Data folder, where there should already be a Map057.rxdata file, and Control-V to paste. It should ask you if you want to replace the existing file. Say yes.

2. Extract the file named Map057.rxdata, and when asked for the location, choose the desktop. Go to the desktop, select the extracted file, and Control-C to copy. Then go to your Aveyond/Data folder where a file of the same name exists, and control-V to paste. Again, it will ask you if you want to replace the existing file - say yes.

ONE of those methods should get you on your way. I'm not so sure that it makes a big difference, but in your game before you save it, have Rhen standing outside the house, rather than inside or in her slave room.

Let us know how you get on.

LOL!

So many people had been calling for a RhenxLars ending that it wouldn't be fair to do a new release and NOT include it.

It was a LOT of fun making that ending, especially considering that - aside from yourself Aisling - I'm probably the #1 RhenxDameon fan :lol:

I haven't played the whole version C yet, but the are pretty much the same as in version B, from what I have seen so far.

Generally there aren't many differences; rather things that improve the comfort for the player [like the autosave function]. You can look at the topic here: http://www.amaranthia.com/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=3279&forum=1

can anyone please tell me when the walkthrough for build c come's out? I'd love to know please.

and another question, I tried one of the goodies (god) but it wouldn't show in the slave-room of Rhen. can anyone help me please???

There is one coming pretty soon.