Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mae

The Fight for Independence -RP (open spots)

((We are just waiting on Mae, but with as little as she is here, I would feel better if we got back to camp. If we aren't there when she does show up, we could hold things up again. We can talk on the way and continue back at the camp. Maybe find/introduce me to Talei. Just edit in your post above and I will follow here.))

Miryam wasn’t surprised by Alacrity’s desire to see the Antasian leaders dead. She wouldn't be the only one among the group who would have suffered at the hands of the Antasian government and had ill feelings towards them. It was a common sentiment in this country but acting on that was another matter.

“I have no taste for violence,” Although, she would not feel bad if a certain group of soldiers ended up dead. “I’m sure there are many here who would be willing to hear your plans and would no doubt add to them.” She said matter-of-factly.

She dried off her feet with the hem of her skirt and put her shoes back on. “I’m ready to head back.”

For some odd reason she felt like apologizing for her actions. "I know I let it harden me, but it's the only way I could continue putting one foot in front of the other. Building a cement wall around my heart is the only way I could find to keep it from cracking. I wish things were different, back they way they should be. I don't think it will happen any time soon though. Even if someone could storm James' palace, his regent and the other nobles would continue the same course. I'm afraid nothing short of annihilating the whole of the aristocracy will aleve the problem. I intend to be part of that annihilation."

She glanced sidelong to see if she could gage the womans reaction. "What brought you here?"

((I hope the others post soon.))

“Me? Um...I originally had no intentions of coming with the group. I would have been happy just to stay in Grada but circumstances changed. A group of soldiers arrived in Grada a few days after the group left looking for Dragar. The soldiers...um...” Miryam paused briefly, she didn’t want to recall the events again. “The tavern keeper told them that he went south so I came north as fast as I could for help. You had arrived not long after I did.”

Miryam reached the edge of the camp and looked for an open place around the fire.

“Now that I’m here, I might as well stay. It would be dangerous to go back. I survived the first time but I doubt I would survive and be able to hold my tongue in a second encounter with those soldiers. And no doubt my skills will be needed here.” The last part was said more to convince herself than Alacrity.

((UGH! i'd posted. right before your last one, mizzou. I'd posted. >.< that bites.))

I listened as subtly as I could to the womens' conversation. I didn't want to intrude on them or on Dragar... but I needed to know who she was to be so important. At the mention of weapon training, I almost audibly groaned... but managed to keep it to an exasperated sigh- which could have been attributed to anything, really.

Her history wasn't entirely... surprising to me. I knew that not all in one people were entirely good or bad... but it still had never struck me that I might meet an Antasian- especially of noble blood- on our side.

When they came back over, I approached and stuck out a hand, "Sorry for my... well, it wasn't really much of a greeting at all. I'm Talei, Dragar's... daughter."

Miryam had just finished her story. It left Alacrity feeling she would probably be hearing many stories like their own before this was all over. She as about to commiserate with her when Talei approached and introduced herself.

"Ah the weapons trainer for archery. I'm fairly good at that already. Can you recommend anyone for close combat fighting? If I ever get in a scrape I'll be dead." She chuckled a bit, but in truth she was deadly serious..She needed to learn how to defend herself.

Vega and Dragar stared at each other intently for quite some time. Finding their lack of action slightly odd, I backed away slowly. I didn't know why they gazed upon each other so... perhaps I was interrupting what would have been a passionate roll in the bushes. Regardless, my time would obviously be better spent elsewhere.

Spotting the two I'd already told chatting with the newcomer, I approached and shrugged. "He seems busy, I suppose I'll have to tell him later." It sounded like an excuse, but there really wasn't any helping that. "What's the good word?" I inquired, hoping to keep myself distracted enough to stay out of that familiar emotional pit that enveloped me whenever I thought about my past.

((sorry about that, Ev. :oops: ))

I raised an eyebrow at... Lu when he came up but didn't address the matter, "Well, I was just greeting our newcomer. She and Miryam had been talking." I turned back to the woman before me, "I specialize in archery, but I know other close contact. It really depends on what you would like to learn. I do daggers and swords; Lu does staffs and spears and pitchforks... and the like. We have archers training, so you could just join them, but I'm glad you wish to broaden your abilities." I immediately began analyzing what I could see- trying to find anything that would suggest weaknesses and strengths.

((I know we have to wait for Mae to get moving again but is that going to happen anytime soon? Not that I’m getting impatience but we’d have the whole Antasian army camped out next to us at the rate we’re going.))

Miryam shifted uncomfortably from one foot to the other. Talk of weapon training never really interest her but if she was going to continue on with the group she knew it would be a good idea to know how to defend herself.

“I have no intentions to join in with any fighting but I should get some training as well...at least so I can defend myself if need be. I have a daggar with me...” Miryam felt her side to make sure she actually had it on her. "But at this point, it wouldn't do much good."

"I'm quick, light on my feet and have a good sense of balance. I'm willing to learn what anyone is able to teach. I just don't like feeling vulnerable. If confronted, I would like to know I could do more than kick and scream. As far as the archery I would be happy to help with training if you need time elsewhere."

Her eyes shifted to Lu, he seemed vaguely familiar. From some vestige of memory from her youth, but she let it go as deja vu. The staff sounds intriguing but would still have to be carried around along with my bow. I think the knives would be the best. and the easiest to carry with my other gear.

"I'm quick, light on my feet and have a good sense of balance. I'm willing to learn what anyone is able to teach. I just don't like feeling vulnerable. If confronted, I would like to know I could do more than kick and scream. As far as the archery I would be happy to help with training if you need time elsewhere."

Her eyes shifted to Lu, he seemed vaguely familiar. From some vestige of memory from her youth, but she let it go as deja vu. The staff sounds intriguing but would still have to be carried around along with my bow. I think the knives would be the best. and the easiest to carry with my other gear.

((woops. you double posted... quite literally. ;)

I've had nothing from Mae... I'll send her a message on Facebook and hopefully she'll check and see. We can't very well move on without our DM or General... however good Talei is supposed to be here.))

Vega finally nodded, "I suppose that will do. I can't expect much more for a rag tag band." She put out her hand to take the partial pay Dragar had promised. "I think that... Lu guy wanted you." She chuckled coldly, "Doubt he'd want me."

I nodded and quickly registered the recognition in her eyes, "Help with training would be gladly taken and the targets they set up are free for anyone to use. You can both start learning... once it's light out again. It's a bit too dark to do anything since we have real weapons with which to practice."

((Ugh... I don't like my Vega... does she seem alright to you guys?))

((Awww, no throwing knives in the dark.

Anyways, at first, I didn't realize that you had posted on two different characters. It might help if you labeled them. And that's about what I would expect from Vega))

((Thanks Marian, I hate when that happens. Vega sounds fine to me.))

She was pleased to have at least met a few of the rebel unit. She could rest easy tonight for the first time in months. At least she was no longer surrounded by the enemy. "Well then until tomorrow I'm going to get some rest."

Picking up her bag she headed for a likely place. not to far from the fire, to bed down for the night.

"Hrm, people always either overestimate the weight of a staff or underestimate it's power. Truly a grand weapon, that." I was talking mostly to myself, or perhaps to Talei? Either way, the newcomer had already gone to find a spot to bed down for the night. "Miryam, you might try the staff." I brightened at the thought. "I know you despise violence, so perhaps an edgeless weapon you can knock out rather than kill opponents with would be ideal? If there's time before we set out this morning, I might even be able to craft you one from a stout bough."

“A staff!” Miryam laughed. The thought of her fighting with a staff struck her as oddly funny. “But seriously, it’s not a bad idea. I’ll give it a try.” Still thoroughly amused, she playfully added. “It will be fun to take a few swings at your head.”

((first person on one and third on the other isn't enough? All I really need is for the characters to be separate. Any of Vega's thoughts will be in italics.))

Talei chuckled, freely for the first time since the whole thing started in Grada, "Don't bruise him too much. We've gotta have whatever stability he has in that head for teaching." I winked, "Staff does sound like a good weapon for you. You can carry it around without much or any notice... possibly even pass it off as a stout walking stick." I yawned and shrugged into myself, "Guess I'll take some rest too. Who has first watch?"

((ah... ok. Would a set of separating astericks be enough? i.e.

Vega decided to rough up Norris again and jumped on him, taking him to the ground and growling.

I raised an eyebrow and calmly walked over to the scene, "You know, he defended your honor... you should be nicer. I don't expect you to suddenly be friendly, God forbid that... but you could at least stop acting like he's a torn up your butt."

Vega chuckled and got off him, "Ok... fine... I'll just go after the thorn in my ear," and attacked-

ME.

See... since they're together... and I speak in first person with Talei... I just find it easier to not separate. >.< Because then I'm COMPLETELY having to switch tenses... but if that's easier for you, I'll do it.))

Hrm, one woman aiming to knock me around and the other asserting I can't defend myself well enough to keep from getting bruised? "How cold!" I lamented to both of them theatrically, then winked. "If it's all the same I'll get some rest as well, I believe Norris and Buckley have first watch tonight." I nodded to the two of them and withdrew for the night.

I grinned after him, "I never knew how fun people could be... see you in the morning, Miryam. Thanks for taking care of that girl... Gwynneth I think it was."

((Yea, that works. Thanks.))

Miryam laughed at Luther’s reaction before saying good night.

Turning to Talei, “ Yes, Gwynneth is her name. And don’t mention it, it’s what I do...” her voice trailed off as she yawned. “I should head to bed myself. Any idea what we’re doing tomorrow?”

((has anyone noticed that Grada is one letter off from being an anagram for Dragar?))

I shrugged and looked over to Dragar, "We should be moving on. He has an announcement for everyone first... but we should be moving on."

I was walking down a dirt road. All was quiet, but I knew. I knew they had come for me. I stopped and slowly drew out my spear. They came from all sides, garbed in the darkest black, and finally my worst fears were confirmed when I spotted the symbol of the National Insurgency Neutralization Journeymen of Antasia. I gasped. "Oh no! Ninjas!"

It was horrible, the red juice flew in moments. Tomato juice, to be precise. They pelted me with the watery fruits for what seemed like hours, until I was well buried. "That's for singing that lewd ballad back in Grada!" The lead ninja spat at me, and everything went black.

I snorted, woke briefly, turned over, and went back to sleep.

((lol, ev))

I stretched and walked away, tapping Gwynneth on the shoulder as I passed, "Come, I'll get you a blanket so you can sleep."

Both of us taken care of, I settled down until it was time for my watch.