Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lrcy333

Land of the Star Horizon - RP

**Inland Waters

A comotion brought me out of my quiet rest. By the time I got to where the rawkus was Chioske was standing up talking about her brother and some tower. Miacka was holding a wet cloth and staring at Chioske.

"Miacka, what just happened? Chioske seems to be talking out of her head. Did she fall and hurt herself?"

Chioske was just staring now. "I'm going to get Wakahiru. She may know what's going on with Chioske."

I ran out onto the deck where Wakahiru was still singing. "I hate to disturb you, Wakahiru, however, there's a problem with Chioske. You may be able to help her."

All of a sudden her staff began to glow. This journey was getting stranger by the minute. I waited Wakahiru's answer.

**Alei - Power of the Soul Camp

For a heart-stopping moment, Hanako thought that she would not be able to find her weapons in the tent. At first glance, the stocks seemed to be just general requisition weapons, not personal weapons and certainly not confiscated weapons. The thought of having to return and search the camp with a pitched battle going on made her want to scream in frustration.

Getting grip on her emotions, Hanako took a closer look. Even if she just took some temporary weapons, it would put her in a better position than being almost completely weaponless. Her own weapons were specially crafted to fit her balance and reach, but beggers couldn't be choosers.

As she wondered the tent evaluating various options of weapons, she suddenly saw something strange. There was a specially locked chest secreted in the back. This was usual enough for her to take a second look. Hanako decided that she needed to see what was in the chest. She slid her Kansashi (hairpins) from her hair. Although they were generally used for close offense, they were really very useful as lock picks as well. Hanako gently slid the narrow pins into the lock and began to feel around inside the lock.

Lock picking was generally not a skill you learned as a warrior. She had, in fact, practiced this very art under rather odd circumstances. Long ago, while she was a fisherman's brat, she had been taught this skill because she was friends with another young girl who was rather special. Her family would journey to the lake for the summer and the two girls were nearly inseparable. Because this other girl had been very important, she had been taught lots of unorthodox things in the event she was ever kidnapped.

Hanako shook her head. It was odd how all of those events of the past seemed to be coming forward again. The lock clicked open and Hanako snapped her attention back to the present. Replacing her hairpins, Hanako took a deep breathe and opened the odd chest.

Alei - Power of the Soul Camp

Alina wandered through the camp for a while.

"This is useless, I 'll never find Hanako this way."

At that moment Alina saw a young girl running, trying to find a safe place to hide. That wasn't a warrior! It seemed that the locals working in the camp hda been trapped inside the camp. Alina approached the girl, uncovering her face.

- Hi...

The girl looked at her startled.

-Hi... who are you?

- It doesn't matter. I will not harm you, I just need information.

- Which side are you with, miss?

- None. I am looking for a friend of mine. A young woman, she may be dressed like me. I have reasons to believe she was imprisoned here. Can you show where they keep the prisoners?

- Oh no miss, I don't want to go there!!! The battle is there!!!

- Calm down, I don't want you to come with me. I just need you to show me where it is.

The girl showed Alina a zone at the other side of the camp. Alina helped her climb the fence and then left.

It seemed that the girl was right, the battle had gone that way... Alina tried hard to pass unnoticed but some times she had to fight.

"Uh, I wish I had never been to Sader! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for that madman!!!"

Alina was getting closer to the battle with every step she took. What if Korako was there? She surely didn't want to run on him!

She was passing in front of a tent when she fell upon the body of a soldier.

"Oh crap!"

She got up and noticed something strange. There was no blood on the soldier. Alina touched him. He was warm.

"This man is not dead!"

Then she recognized it!

"But of course! This is definetely Hanako 's business." Only a samurai would know the pressure points. Alina herself had never used them, except when training.

"Then Hanako could be inside this tent. But if she has escaped prison, what is she doing still in the camp?"

Alina slipped inside the tent. She could see there was someone in the back but who?

She covered her face again. Dressed up in all black it was easy to hide in a dark tent. She stood there watching.

Hanako breathed a sigh of relief. On the top layer of the items in the chest lay her weapons. Lovingly, she equiped herself with her tessen (iron fan) as well as her katana and wakisazhi swords. It would have been better to have time to inspect them and perhaps oil the blades, but this was no time to be picky. The chest held other items and Hanako was just about to inspect them, when she sensed another presence within the tent.

She spun around and tried to pierce the darkness of the tent's shadows. "Who is there?", Hanako challenged forgetting for a moment that she herself had no right to be here. Cursing herself for revealing her identity to anyone who would recognize her voice, Hanako glided into the middle of the tent so she could not be ambushed from behind the boxes and weapons stands. The presence did not seem hostile to her and was vaguely familiar, but she couldn't for the life of her think who it could be.

Concentrating on the feeling within the tent, Hanako tried to identify the location of the other person. She knew the area she needed to concentrate on, but her mind skills were not strong enough to do more than this. I really need to do more meditation, she thought in frustration.

"You can't hide from me. Come out and explain yourself," Hanako commanded trying to sound as if she was more in control of the situation than she was. My feeling about this person had better be right, she thought as she made no attempt to use her newly restored weapons. She let none of her inner turmoil show as she let her challenge stand.

** on the way to the lake of Karren empire

Sparky wasn't happy, and Elivyana felt it (he was the horse that carried her). She felt the same way too. One look at Alora told her that this young girl was worried about things that happened recently.

She wondered why did Nene decided to call for them, especially in this way - so suddenly?

Elivyana took one apple and handed it to Alora who was slightly surprised.

"I taught you might be hungry..." Elivyana said when Alora looked at her. "It will take us some time until we get to Nene, and we won't be useful if we loose our strength."

"Thanks." Alora said. "I guess..."

**Inza Fortress - Gates

She bangs the back of her head lightly on the rock she's now leaning on, she almost always scared everyone away, she usually thinks that she is thought as a rouge instead of a ninja.. she sighs, standing up, and walks twards the lake..

Alei - Power Of The Soul Camp

Whoever was in the tent had realised that she was there too. She sensed movement although she could see nothing.

"Who is there? said a voice, you can't hide from me. Come out and explain yourself."

That was a woman's voice. It could be Hanako but Alina wasn't sure. She decided to reveal herself. If it was Hanako, everything would be ok. For everyone else she was still General Alina of Power of the Soul. But would Hanako trust Alina? Or she would think that she was there to arrest her again?

"Well, I will have to risk it", she thought to herself.

- Hanako, it's Alina. I was sent to seek for you along with Aidan a while ago. Do you remember me?

When I heard what happened I decided to come down here and help you.

Hanako went weak with relief to hear Alina's voice in the tent. It made her head spin a bit since it was just as unexpected, but at least it seemed fairly safe.

"Alina? Good grief! I'm so suprised to see you. Though maybe I shouldn't be since I also had Aidan show up at camp too. Of course, Shaman Korako showed up first. He apparently knew that when I as missing, that I had been ambushed and spent time in Chikaki's Den. On my honor I had told Shaman Zambria that I would not reveal that location. Korako had me arrested at that point. Something is going very wrong here."

"Once I escaped prison, I met up with Aidan. Aidan and his friends decided to go visit Shaman Zambria, so I lent them my horse as a guide. I have stayed here to recover my weapons. I have been helping the medical team here while in disguise, but now the camp is under attack with no warning. There has been no effort to make the camp secure or move it to a more strategic place. I must admit that Shaman Korako seems to be behaving extremely erratically. I am worried. Aidan said that his army managed to defeat Land's Quiver, so if something is going on, we may have few allies. Do you have news out of Nissou?"

"I am happy to see that you 're safe. Korako is indeed behaving strangely. News came at Nissou that you were imprisoned and that you were accused of betrayal. I couldn't believe it.

I haven't yet understood why we are at war with Nissou. I sent a letter to Korako asking for some expanations but he never answered. I decided then not to make war for nothing!

I sent one of my officers to Inza fortress to offer peace. Nissou's Shaman is behaving strangely, too! He tried to convince my office that we are about to lose the war, so it would be better if we surrendered. I can tell you that they had no forces so that alone was really strange...

And then he screamed and left! Lust like that he turned the other way and ran away. I don't understand!"

Alina felt better now that she had spoken to someone. But the fact remained that they had to do something, it seemed that every kingdom was in war!

"Uhm, Hanako... Do you have any idea what is going on? Where is Korako now? And Shaman Zambira? Her land is under attack and she doesn't bother to come over here?"

** Near Tower of the Stars

She looked in to Alora, noticing that she looks tired and threadbarely like a old rug. Elivyana smiled on that image because she didn't look much better. Worse maybe, but not better. For an elf, she didn't had the 'thing' to look fresh and clean after the long journey. She didn't certainly know how long they two traveled to the tower, but she counted that it took them five days (more or less) to come.

Alora was sleeping while she was riding on her horse, and it wasn't the first time that she slept on this way. As long as Elivyana was with her, awake and careful, she could sleep without fear. Elivyana was still the guardian of students and teachers from Nagashi Fortress, wherever they are.

Tower of the Stars started to rise upon them showing them way to him trough the darkness.

Elivyana noticed somethimg in the dark so she stopped her horse and Alora's horse what woke her up.

"What..." Alora started to talk, but Elivyana stopped her with the movement of her hand. Elivyana looked at her with precaution.

"Someone is there. just before the entrance to the Tower. I think we should bypass them on careful distance so they don't notice us."

"What will we do?" Alora asked.

"Put on your cloak with the hood. I shall do the same. Then follow me." Elivyana put on her cloak and hood and then she started to ride her horse carefully to the left, away from the camp in front of them.

**Tower of the Stars

Aidan and the others woke up in the evening. It was very cold. Sono volunteers to gather firewood.

"I will go get firewood!" says Sono

"I will help you with that." says Shayin

They left Aidan and Juvila near the Tower Entrance. Sono and Shayin starts searching for firewood in the forest. An hour has passed. As they were on the way back to their camp until Shayin saw someone from the distance.

"Hey. There is someone over there!"

"Really? We'd better tell Aidan now and get ready to guard the tower!"

** Near Tower of the Stars

Something made the sound of movements that wasn't theirs. Alora didn't notice that because she was on the edge to fall asleep again. Elivyana taught that the noise was made from animals that lived there. She was convinced that the persons in the camp that they decided to bypass were still there. But ether way, she was prepared if that wasn't the case.

**Alei - Power Of The Soul Camp

Hanako pondered Alina's words. Things were definitely not adding up.

"Something is definitely going on with the Shamans. Korako is still in camp as far as I know. He doesn't actually come to see the medical teams, so I haven't encountered him, but I haven't heard that he has left either.

As for Zambria, I guess I'm not too surprised that she hasn't come. She is very secretive. Still, it is disturbing."

Hanako sighed. "I had hoped to find some clues as to what was going on by being in camp, but spying isn't really my best skill. I have not really recovered any useful information. Though ... I do wonder. I did make a friend, Senri and she seems to know more about things than she is saying. We should also try to escape from this battle field I think. Would you like to come with me to find Senri? We can also keep our eyes out for any sign of Korako as we go."

**tower of the Stars

Rose was practically walking in her sleep, just following Galena along the rocky road. She followed Galena up a hill, and when she looked up, she saw a spectacular sight. It was the tower of the Stars, just beyond reach, or so it looked...

"It's beautiful..." she whispered.

Alina considered their options. The idea of wandering through the camp while Korako might still be there...

"Ok, she answered. I don't know what else we could do"

Alina smiled and covered her face again.

"Lead the way"

"Ok, Alina, Let's head outside. It will be lots of fighting, so be ready. Senri should be near the medical tents somewhere."

Hanako turned and before leaving, she returned to the opened chest. There was a small bag inside which had been underneath her weapons. "Hmm, there is no time to examine this, but perhaps we will need whatever was important enough to store here. I'll pocket this bag and we might be able to look through it later."

Hanako returned to the opening of the tent. "Alina, the medical tent is across the camp to the west of here. If we get separated in the fighting, we should plan to meet up there."

Hanako stepped out into the chaos of the camp. A tiger was just in front nosing the still sleeping guards. "Whoah! Tiger here!" Hanako dashed to the right even as the tiger began growling and thrashing its tail. Wonder how these tigers are trained, Hanako thought as she evaluated the reach of those dangerous paws. Her tessen (iron fan) was out and deflected the first swipe, but the power of it had Hanako retreating. Grr, this thing is very big, she reflected, I need to get it trapped or knock it out or I will have to kill it.

As the tiger tried to circle around, Hanako glanced around the area. This part of the camp held the supplies and heavy equipment. Out of the corner of her eye, Hanako spotted a large metal cage. She couldn't for the life of her think what had been transported in it, but it would hold the tiger if she could get it in there.

"Alina, can you open the metal cage while I lure the tiger into it?" Hanako made another frantic dive away from the tiger in the direction of the cage.

Kinami got up, standing at the door.

"Um...I can't believe I'm saying this..."

She looked back at Dirk.

"This place kinda freaks me out...there's an immense amount of energy coming from this place..."

** Near the Tower of the Stars

Elivyana was looking carefully around herself and Alora, but at first sight she couldn't notice anything. She blamed herself, because she wasn't careful enough. She was tired, but that was no excuse. Nene would probably be disappointed in her, and she felt bad about it.

**Tower of Stars

Aidan and the others have waited long enough. Shayin was already eager to go inside the tower.

"I want to go inside the tower now!"

"We should wait. Korako might be going here."

"That madman?! He is going insane!"

"Juvila, you do not need to get angry!"

"Oh? Then what should we do?! Wait here until what?!"

"Oh keep that mouth of yours shut!"

"Aidan, lets just enter the tower and we wait for an ambush!"

"Nice idea Sono!"

They went inside the tower and saw...

** Near the Tower of Stars

Ok. This was the time to panic. And the feeling that someone is watching just made it worse.

"Alora, wake up!" Elivyana woke her up with shaking her shoulder and she immediately was awake."Prepare yourself for a fast gallop to the Tower gates. Someone is out there, and I'm not strong enough to deal with more than one opponent."

"Somebody is out there?" Alora asked spreading her eyes wide open, and Elivyana nodded her head.

"I don't know who it is, but i suggest that we don't stay here to find out. If they want to get us, they will have to do more than just chasing after us. I won't give to anyone the pleasure to capture nether one of us." Elivyana's smile insured Alora that she meant every word she said.

Alina watched the big tiger going for Hanako.

"Oh my... this is going to be hard..."

She saw the cage just when Hanako asked her to open it. She side-stepped towards it. She tried to open it but it was wouldn't!!!

- Hanako! It won't open! Can you hold on for a little more? I need to find something to open it!!!

OOC: lj i 'm really sorry for the delay.

**Forest outside of Nissou

She frowns then sprints around the lake, then starts in the direction of the Tower of the Stars, bored to death, she slides in her tracks, walking back to Nissou.

**Alei - Power Of The Soul Camp

Hanako struggled to dodge around the tiger. It seemed to grow in size before her eyes, but this was simply because it was bunching up for a huge pounce. Tail thrashing, the tiger opened its mouth and roared a challenge as it prepared a ferocious attack.

Hanako heard Alina say that the wagon/cage was locked. Hanako cursed sliently. "I'll distract the tiger as well as I can, Alina. Find something to unlock the cage or I will be forced to use my blade."

Even this small exchange, took Hanako's concentration away from the lunging tiger and its claws nearly reached her. In a powerful bound, the tiger had come from above and the huge paws swiped at Hanako's head even as Hanako used her fan to deflect the blow. The descending claws tore at her shirt front.

Yikes! Hanako thought as her shirt ties tore open. Good thing I have an undershirt on, but it's not the same as armor. I really should have found some better protection, but I didn't make it to the armor stocks yet.

Hanako brought her wondering thoughts back to the tiger. The last bit of ground Hanako had given up had put her under the awning of the next tent. It was large, but Hanako couldn't be sure which tent it was. Perhaps I can tangle the tiger up in the tent for a few mintues, Hanako thought.

With a calculating eye, Hanako watched the tiger recover and rush to continue the attack on Hanako. With sweat running in huge drops down her forehead, Hanako took a good grip on her fan and crouched to make herself a smaller target. The tiger gave a great leap and Hanako dove to the side just below the snapping jaws. The tiger smashed into the open tent and Hanako pulled out her wakisazhi (short sword) to bring the awning down over the tiger. The tent heaved and thrashed as the tiger attempted to find its way back out. Hanako wiped her face, panting and prayed Alina found something helpful soon.