Aveyond Studios Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mae

Bubble baths (the soap opera RP)

This RP is in the style of soap operas, so anything goes, basically. It's free, so just intro your character here, no signing up necessary. If you think of a better name for the thing, go ahead and tell me. If you need inspiration, watch any soap operas. Let's just see how this goes...

((bubble baths?! that has horribly wonderful soap opera connotations. let's see... real names of US soaps. We could play off of one of those... the daytime and CW soaps are the most soapy.

oh, and... I thought the soap would be more... different. Like fantasy... set way back when... etc. That way, we'd have more to play with. I don't really know what to do with a modern soap except the usual crap that you see in the previews... and that one time I watched Passions.))

mrm... i think it'd be easier for everyone if it were original... especially since that would require research and I'm going to be involved... easier and less stressful for everyone if no research is needed. ;)

I think an aliens living on earth back when there was NO technology would be fun. XD

"Aliens in the Prairie"

Little Martian on the Prairie? It reminds me too much of Little Mosque on the Prairie (Canadian sitcom) or the show Alf for some reason. But nothing else is coming to mind.

@Adept_Rogue: Soap operas are pretty much over dramatic drama. There's lots of them on tv.

soap opera: an every day program which uses melodrama for all acting, overbearing music, and plot points other programs would throw out in an instant.

;) basically, they're "guilty pleasure" shows for people to watch... they have no true substance and nothing is ever factual.

lol. alien abduction clinic is pretty funny... but if we do the plain/prairie one- we can have lotsa fun with the aliens hiding their technology, abducting people and trying to introduce science to them, falling in love with humans... etc.

Another thought I had- why did Atlantis fall? Was it because of some great plague, natural disaster, or technological failure? Nah- the king was just seeing three women "on the side", the advisor wanted the Mayans to rule the world, and the mute boy in the shadows was the king's only unknown heir.

I like the Plain Prarie one, What if we pick a character we are familiar with and like and drop them into the soap in the prarie. Then the research is nothing because each of us would be familiar with our char. Like maybe I could be Colonel Carter from Stargate, some one else could be DR Who, or Mulder, Spock, Buffy etc. We don't have to bring their shows into it just the char.

That was kind of the question. What are we going to roll with. I think on the prarie was a go, but what about the characters? There's been no response other than Marian on the fantasy/scifi tv char idea.

I would find using an existing fantasy/scifi tv character hard to do. It would mean that I would have to do research on an existing character to figure how they would be be. I would prefer making up my own character to use.